Purpose Gentle Cleansing Bar

Average price: $4.04

Brand: Purpose

Most helpful review

By Shannon, central Florida on 01/12/2013

I've never given a review on a product in my life. I'm 41. My son has fierce acne. I could go into all the the products that he has used, but I'm not here to cut down another acne system, gel, cream or antibiotic. I'm simply wanting to share that this Purpose bar has been the only product in five years that has helped. It is the only product that has brought hope. Not a cure, but hope. Thank you to Johnson and Johnson for making such a simple and amazing golden bar of soap. Wow!.

Pros:
  • It worked immediately at calming my 17 year old son's face down. My son said it made his face feel smooth. My son actually looked in the mirror for the first time in months because of this product. Such a cheap product ($2) considering we've spent $1000 on his face.
Cons:
  • I wish that the exact ingredients from the bar came in the liquid pump form. I know that would be impossible.

9 out of 10 people found this review helpful

Sodium Tallowate, Sodium Cocoate, Water, Glycerin, Fragrance, Sodium Chloride, BHT, Trisodium HEDTA, D&C Yellow 10 (CI 74005), D&C Orange 4.

Purpose Gentle Cleansing Bar, 6 oz
updated: 04/16/2014 01:16 UTC
Purpose Gentle Cleansing Bar, 6-Ounce Bars (Pack of 6)
updated: 04/16/2014 01:16 UTC
Purpose Gentle Cleansing Bar 6 oz (170 g)

Member reviews

By on

It's a pretty good product. I use it with St. Ives 3 times a week. It sometimes flakes my skin. Overall a good product though...

Pros

• Works well, cheap, easy to find, pleasant smell, not over-drying if you have oily skin

Cons

• Drying on my cheeks (I have combo skin)
  • light
  • for about a week
  • $ 3.95
  • I recommend using this product/treatment.

By on

Fantastic! I just swipe my makeup off with a makeup wipe. And then remove any leftover with this cleanser. It is drying only if you use it for more than 10 seconds or less. Basically just use dan's cleansing method in his video. It is so super cheap and super long lasting compared to cetaphil. Cetaphil feels like your putting watered down lotion on your face. It also lathers super well!

JUST REMEMBER DON"T LEAVE IT ON THE SKIN TOO LONG!

btw it's a really good cleanser but a cleanser alone won't clear you acne. I used to have moderate acne but now i'm clear from 2.5% dan's bp. I don't use it twice a day but once a day and i use 1 pump. Dan's products are amazing but i really love this purpose cleanser.

Pros

• It's cheap. Removes leftover makeup.NOT Drying. Long Lasting. Lathers well.

Cons

• none
  • moderate
  • for a few weeks
  • $ 3
  • I recommend using this product/treatment.

By on

Might work for you might not everyone skin is different but from a personal standpoint it made my skin feel very dry and not so healthy

Pros

• Well its pretty cheap

Cons

• Way too drying for my skin
  • light
  • for about a week
  • $ 4
  • I do not recommend using this product/treatment.

By on

Give it a try. The Bar may work for you. At the very least it will remove excessive oil without the harsh chemical of acids and peroxide. I've been using it for about a month. I'll post another review after the bar is gone. Maybe things will have cleared up completely by then!

Pros

• The acne on my forehead and chin disappeared! I also suffered from a lot of blackheads. Purpose seemed to take care of this problem. Also I'm 27 and most other acne treatments for teens were too harsh and made my skin go NUTS! So this was good.

Cons

• My cheeks are still affected by acne. It's better than before but not as clear as I hoped it would be. I'm not sure if it's the soap or the moisturizer I have to use after washing. The soap is going to dry you out.
  • moderately severe
  • for about a month
  • $ 4
  • I recommend using this product/treatment.

By on

Buy it.. it replaced BP for me unless my breakouts were serious

Pros

• The best cleanser out there.. lasts for a very long time.. gets rid of oil and dirt perfectly...

Cons

• At first it was drying but your skin should get use to it ...
  • moderate
  • $ 4.37
  • I recommend using this product/treatment.

By on

Been using for 4-5 years. Started for facial acne but now use as a total body bar of soap. Like the fresh smell and clean feel.

Pros

• Controls Oil. Rinses clean. Nice lather. Large bar (long-lasting)

Cons

• Price but you get a large bar.
  • moderate
  • $ 3.99
  • I recommend using this product/treatment.

FANTASTIC

Pros

• kept my skin clear after bad acne. Feels good. Clean, non oily skin. Smooth skin

Cons

• drys skin slightly, but a light moisturiser like aqueus cream eradicated that.
  • severe
  • for a few months
  • $ 5.99
  • I recommend using this product/treatment.

By on

After months of continuous treatment using the soap, I've got comments from students in my school and they said my face is clearer, though there are still growing acne but small pigments. Use twice a day, try warm water!

Pros

• Clean feel.
  • Effective for such a big bar of cleansing soap.
  • Good for sensitive skin.

Cons

• Slightly dries the skin when coupled with BP.
  • moderately severe
  • for about a year
  • $ 3.99
  • I recommend using this product/treatment.

By on

Try it! I tried it thinking it would be like everything else.

Glad to say was pleasantly surprised. I'm sticking with this one.

Pros

• Non irritating, cleans well not a striped feeling. Must not leave on too long and not scrub with wash cloth, instead just use hands and warm not hot water. Moisturize afterward. Moderate acne cleared. Reduced inflamation within two days.

Cons

• A little pricey but worth it.
  • moderate
  • for a few weeks
  • $ 4
  • I recommend using this product/treatment.

By on

Doesn't over-dry my skin and leaves it feeling really smooth and looking fresh!

Pros

• smells isn't over bearing, good price, will last a long time

Cons

[not submitted]
  • moderate
  • for a few weeks
  • $ 3
  • I recommend using this product/treatment.