Page 4 of Purpose Gentle Cleansing Bar reviews

4.4/5 - 84 reviews

Brand: Purpose

Purpose Gentle Cleansing Bar

Sodium Tallowate, Sodium Cocoate, Water, Glycerin, Fragrance, Sodium Chloride, BHT, Trisodium HEDTA, D&C Yellow 10 (CI 74005), D&C Orange 4.

Purpose Gentle Cleansing Bar

Purpose Gentle Cleansing Bar, 6-Ounce Bars (Pack of 6)
updated: 08/28/2015 11:03 UTC
Purpose Gentle Cleansing Bar 6 oz (170 g)
updated: 08/28/2015 11:03 UTC

Reviewed on July 3, 2010

This is no doubt a miracle soap! I'm 42 and have battled acne forever. I have been a Clinique girl for probably 15 years, so everything I use on my face has always come from Clinique. A year ago I started going to a dematologist and he recommended Purpose Soap. I wasn't about to leave my Clinique Acne Solutions soap so I ignored him. But several months ago I decided I'd just try the Purpose Soap and, because I don't like bar soaps, I got the Purpose liquid soap. I hated it. I think it broke my face out even more. So, that was that. Then a month ago for some reason I decided to give the Purpose bar soap a try. I am so sorry I didn't start using it when Dr. Gardner told me to! It's incredible and I won't be using any other kind of cleanser on my face again. (Sorry Clinique!) I have extremely oily skin so the "drying effect" people keep talking about is perfect for me. My face isn't anywhere near as oily as it was. Also, it literally gives you a "squeaky clean" feeling. I actually look forward to washing my face twice a day. My face looks so pretty now and my acne is so much better. Because I have such oily skin, the trick I learned is when I do have a break out spot, I wash that area several times and then the last time I leave the soap on for a few minutes and no lie, the blemish is all but gone. It's really unbelievable! Now, if you have dry skin, I probably wouldn't use this soap though, just because of the drying effect. But if you don't have dry skin, you'll never want to use another kind of soap as long as you live. It's awesome!

Reviewed on March 22, 2010

have been using for years love this soap its not like im putting alot of chemicals on my face with other acne products.

this does it for me nd its so simple to use i use a lil soft loofah for face

Reviewed on January 13, 2010

I started using this after I had an allergic reaction to something. It's dried out my skin and I'm breaking out more than ever. And I'm stuck using it till I can find an acne system ugh!!

Reviewed on January 1, 2010

It's a pretty good product. I use it with St. Ives 3 times a week. It sometimes flakes my skin. Overall a good product though...

Reviewed on August 22, 2009

Fantastic! I just swipe my makeup off with a makeup wipe. And then remove any leftover with this cleanser. It is drying only if you use it for more than 10 seconds or less. Basically just use dan's cleansing method in his video. It is so super cheap and super long lasting compared to cetaphil. Cetaphil feels like your putting watered down lotion on your face. It also lathers super well!

JUST REMEMBER DON"T LEAVE IT ON THE SKIN TOO LONG!

btw it's a really good cleanser but a cleanser alone won't clear you acne. I used to have moderate acne but now i'm clear from 2.5% dan's bp. I don't use it twice a day but once a day and i use 1 pump. Dan's products are amazing but i really love this purpose cleanser.

Reviewed on August 2, 2009

Might work for you might not everyone skin is different but from a personal standpoint it made my skin feel very dry and not so healthy

Reviewed on July 20, 2009

Give it a try. The Bar may work for you. At the very least it will remove excessive oil without the harsh chemical of acids and peroxide. I've been using it for about a month. I'll post another review after the bar is gone. Maybe things will have cleared up completely by then!

Reviewed on June 30, 2009

Buy it.. it replaced BP for me unless my breakouts were serious

Reviewed on June 12, 2009

Been using for 4-5 years. Started for facial acne but now use as a total body bar of soap. Like the fresh smell and clean feel.