Page 3 of Purpose Gentle Cleansing Bar reviews

4.4/5 - 82 reviews

Brand: Purpose

Sodium Tallowate, Sodium Cocoate, Water, Glycerin, Fragrance, Sodium Chloride, BHT, Trisodium HEDTA, D&C Yellow 10 (CI 74005), D&C Orange 4.

Purpose Gentle Cleansing Bar, 6-Ounce Bars (Pack of 6)
updated: 10/26/2014 01:55 UTC
Purpose Gentle Cleansing Bar 6 oz (170 g)
updated: 10/26/2014 01:55 UTC

Reviewed on February 28, 2011

I don't see how this isn't just another regular soap that's transparent instead of solid to make it seem like it's a natural bar specialized for problem skin.

Reviewed on February 2, 2011

I love this product! I have been using this soap for about 2 years now. I used to use the liquid version of it but i didn't like that one too much because that one would make my skin feel kinda weird and oily after washing it off. However, after using this product, my face feels really clean. This soap doesn't cause acne, dryness, or irriation! Highly recommended!

Reviewed on January 31, 2011

I use this soap morning and night and occasionally after work. It is the only face wash I have used that makes my face feel really clean. It washes all my makeup off leaving no residue. I always try to stay away from soaps with a lot of ingredients and this is the only basic soap I have found that lathers/cleans well enough.

I also use epsom salt to scrub my face. I have always mixed it in with my face washes to make a scrub but when I tried mixing it in with this soap it had a weird reaction and sort of clumped together so now I just make sure I rinse this soap off thoroughly before scrubbing with epsom salt but i've actually had better results scrubbing the epsom salt on with water instead of mixing with soap so it's not a problem at all.

Great and simple product.

Reviewed on January 13, 2011

My ex-wife has used Purpose Soap & Lotion for over 20 years. She is now 54 years old and does not have any wrinkles. Not only does Purpose help clear up Acne etc.. it also does very well keeping your skin and face clean and wrinkle free..Awesome product!

Reviewed on August 30, 2010

I have oily skin and moderate acne. My dermatologist put me on purpose soap about 2 months ago and i love it. My face feels squeaky clean after every wash, my skin isn't as oily, and my acne is cleared up for the most part. I still get a pimp every so often. That's to be expected though. I will definately continue to use this product!

Reviewed on August 20, 2010

I have struggled with acne all my life, tried every product imaginable... the following is the only thing that has worked for me.

Here's my regimen...

Morning

**********

at bathroom sink, gently apply Purpose Gentle Cleansing Bar soap to face for 10 seconds, immediately hop into shower and let water rinse soap off

that's it for my morning routine

Evening

**********

at bathroom sink, gently apply Purpose Gentle Cleansing Bar soap to face for 10 seconds, rinse soap off and pat dry

wait 15 mins, shave using Braun Series 7 electric shaver

apply Dan's Benzoyl Peroxide Acne Treatment

wait 30 mins, apply Dan's AHA product

wait 15 mins for product to dry before going to bed

Good luck! :-)

Reviewed on August 5, 2010

This is the only cleanser I use now. Except for eye makeup remover (I use mineral makeup and it's super easy for this cleanser to get makeup off), this is my go to cleanser.

I've gone through the mill in terms of trying products. You know the feeling, when you go through the aisles at your local pharmacy and you're like 'tried that, tried that, tried that...' Now, I'm like 'found it!'

I started to use this cleanser when my skin was at its all time worse, in my early 20s. A lot of products people were recommending (expensive and not) just didn't make my skin FEEL good. After I started using Purpose, I went from my entire face feeling inflamed, to just my cheeks, to spots on my cheeks. And also, I switched off of the benzoyl peroxide thing I was using to salicylic acid (Murad, if anyone wants to know). Granted I still had zits, but my face wasn't on fire any more.

This doesn't get rid of acne. What Purpose does do, is to clean and not irritate my skin (thus preventing acne via product irritation).

Reviewed on July 3, 2010

This is no doubt a miracle soap! I'm 42 and have battled acne forever. I have been a Clinique girl for probably 15 years, so everything I use on my face has always come from Clinique. A year ago I started going to a dematologist and he recommended Purpose Soap. I wasn't about to leave my Clinique Acne Solutions soap so I ignored him. But several months ago I decided I'd just try the Purpose Soap and, because I don't like bar soaps, I got the Purpose liquid soap. I hated it. I think it broke my face out even more. So, that was that. Then a month ago for some reason I decided to give the Purpose bar soap a try. I am so sorry I didn't start using it when Dr. Gardner told me to! It's incredible and I won't be using any other kind of cleanser on my face again. (Sorry Clinique!) I have extremely oily skin so the "drying effect" people keep talking about is perfect for me. My face isn't anywhere near as oily as it was. Also, it literally gives you a "squeaky clean" feeling. I actually look forward to washing my face twice a day. My face looks so pretty now and my acne is so much better. Because I have such oily skin, the trick I learned is when I do have a break out spot, I wash that area several times and then the last time I leave the soap on for a few minutes and no lie, the blemish is all but gone. It's really unbelievable! Now, if you have dry skin, I probably wouldn't use this soap though, just because of the drying effect. But if you don't have dry skin, you'll never want to use another kind of soap as long as you live. It's awesome!

Reviewed on March 22, 2010

have been using for years love this soap its not like im putting alot of chemicals on my face with other acne products.

this does it for me nd its so simple to use i use a lil soft loofah for face