Purpose Gentle Cleansing Bar reviews

4.4/5 - 83 reviews

Brand: Purpose

Sodium Tallowate, Sodium Cocoate, Water, Glycerin, Fragrance, Sodium Chloride, BHT, Trisodium HEDTA, D&C Yellow 10 (CI 74005), D&C Orange 4.

Purpose Gentle Cleansing Bar, 6-Ounce Bars (Pack of 6)
updated: 11/22/2014 15:11 UTC
Purpose Gentle Cleansing Bar 6 oz (170 g)
updated: 11/22/2014 15:11 UTC

Love it! Going to stock up!
Reviewed on November 16, 2014

My skin is clearing up! I normally use cetaphil and it doesn't do anything for my skin doesn't irritate it doesn't clear it up.

I saw reviews about purpose on here and decided to try it. Well for 3 weeks my skin has been getting better and better! I suffer from hyper-pigmentation. One side of my face is clear now working on the other side.

I may do a few skin peels on the stubborn side to speed that up.

But I personally love this! Everyones skin is different but this is working really well for me.

Thanks acne.org community!

No good for me
Reviewed on August 12, 2014

My old derm had this in his office. So I got some for myself. It felt very stripping to me, and I continued to break out worse and worse.

by ZhenZhu on 08/12/2014 07:43
I assume it's because it's glycerin based, and my skin hates glycerin
Reviewed on March 15, 2014

I tried basis, African black soap, purpose gel cleanser, cetaphil, dove, proactive plus cleanser,and clean and clear. By far the best non irritating product reduced my mild bumps, I can barely see them. I use this every night and dans bp once every other night. Looking good

My Lifesaver!!!!!
Reviewed on January 30, 2014

Starting using this product a while back when I started seeing a dermatologist and I have to say I was a bit skeptical about whether this product would do it's job or just make my skin far worse like other products I have used. However, it proved me wrong it's very lathering and cleans well and has a light scent to it. I'm glad I've used this product and will continue to use this product. However, my only advice would be to leave on face for only 15 seconds because any longer than that it can become very drying.

GREAT!!!
Reviewed on December 16, 2013

I had been using African black soap for 2 months to cleanse my face...it was very irritating. Since I've switched to purpose, my cystic acne isn't as irritated and it's clearing up my acne faster! It wasn't going away with the black soap, but i feel like this is finally clearing my acne. I only have 3 active pimples on my face and one cystic area, and I'm ecstatic! I was getting like 10-15 new zits a day before..now only 1 or no new zits a day. I don't know if this will work for everyone's acne because mine was caused by the oil cleansing method gone horribly wrong and clogging every pore on my face. But for people with acne caused by lack of proper cleansing, i think this would work. For hormonal acne, I'm not sure it would be a cure, but it would definitely help.

A bar made by God himself
Reviewed on August 2, 2013

Im going straight to the point I have sever acne. Nothing has worked my acne keeps getting worse.My skin is VERY sensitive even to moisturizers! This bar cleared up 90% of acne in two days what was there for years was gone b4 my weekend was over. Scars took about 2 weeks to disappear along with my enlarged pores and blackheads with them. My skin went from combo acne sensitive to Glowing clear normal skin! It's PH balanced doesn't strip skin formulated for sensitive skin! Lasts for 1 year per bar! The bar dries quickly to prevent bacteia growth on it! No wierd or harsh ingriedients! Doesn't strip skin at all! Skin balancing! Dermatologist recommended Doctor recommend it's clinacly proven! Cheap and made for everyone old and small!

Reviewed on May 5, 2013

this wash has never failed me if you have make up you might have to use a little more

Reviewed on March 19, 2013

used this as a teen and always come back to this cleanser. I am now 50 and have no wrinkles. always get compliments on my skin.

Reviewed on January 12, 2013

I've never given a review on a product in my life. I'm 41. My son has fierce acne. I could go into all the the products that he has used, but I'm not here to cut down another acne system, gel, cream or antibiotic. I'm simply wanting to share that this Purpose bar has been the only product in five years that has helped. It is the only product that has brought hope. Not a cure, but hope. Thank you to Johnson and Johnson for making such a simple and amazing golden bar of soap. Wow!