Purpose Dual Treatment Moisture Lotion with SPF 15 reviews

3.3/5 - 49 reviews

Brand: Purpose

Octyl Methoxycinnamate; Menthyl Anthranilate; Titanium Dioxide.

Water; Glycerin; DEA-Cetyl Phosphate; Coco-Caprylate/Caprate; Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride; Octyl Palmitate; Dimethicone; Stearoxytrimethylsilane; Tetrasodium EDTA.

Purpose Dual Treatment Moisture Lotion with SPF 15 4 fl oz (120 ml)
updated: 08/28/2014 08:23 UTC
Purpose Dual Treatment Moisture Lotion, SPF-15, 4-Ounce Pump Bottles (Pack of 2)
updated: 08/28/2014 08:23 UTC

Reviewed on January 15, 2013

I would recommend this product to people with combination skin that are looking for an adequate moisturizer to use during the winter.

However, DO NOT use this if you medicate acne with benzoyl peroxide. It burns like mad, and makes my face red. It works fine with most Retinols, however.

Reviewed on January 13, 2013

I have dry skin, but I don't like moisturizers that feel heavy on my skin. Purpose's Dual Treatment Moisture Lotion absorbs quickly, but hydrates my skin well enough so I don't get flaky. It makes my skin INCREDIBLY smooth. I've never broken out from it, either. Even though it's fragrance free (meaning there is no added fragrance), it does have a scent that is reminiscent of sunblock.

Reviewed on September 4, 2012

I, like others, are very upset that J&J changed this formula. I cannot use it now, as the new sunscreen and formula make my face extremely greasy and caused little bumps to appear on around my frown lines, nose, and cheeks. After 2 hrs. of wearing this stuff, I literally wanted to take a washcloth and scrub my face at work. It felt so heavy, cakey, and sticky. After I started noticing the pimples, I quit using it.

Reviewed on September 29, 2011

My dermatologist recommended this product for me when I was about 15 years old. I'm 39 now. It's been the most perfect lotion for my extra sensitive skin for all those years, until now. For some reason, they decided to change the ingredients and add oxybenzone. Now if I use it, I get hundreds of small bumps all over my forehead and my whole face burns and turns red. I've been trying to find a new product to use for the last 6 months or so, but I can't find one as good as Purpose used to be. Absolutely devastated.

Reviewed on June 29, 2011

I'm a guy who needs quite a bit of moisturizer after showering and/or applying treatment. While this product did an adequate job, I need a product which allows me to put on a liberal amount without looking oily. If you don't need the SPF, pass on this product.

Reviewed on January 8, 2011

My face hates moisturizers because they feel greasey and heavy. This one does not. It's light, absorbs fairly well, and it doesn't take much for me to get the job done. I've had the same bottle for years. My only complaint is there is no non-SPF version for night-wear. I think SPF-free might be gentler, too.

Reviewed on November 23, 2010

I had severe acne in middle school once I hit puberty. I've been using this along w/ Cetaphil & Clinique products. Now I'm Acne Free for over 8 years. Yay!

Reviewed on November 2, 2010

I have very sensitive skin and prone to acne. A lot the other moisturizers and cleansers with the SA and BP make my acne worse so I looked into this lotion along with the cleanser by the same line. I actually used this lotion years ago for a few months when my dermatologist gave me a few free samples. I'm not sure when they changed the formula but I'm assuming that the samples were the old formula and absolutely loved it but never could find it until recently. After I bought it i read some of these reviews on the formula change and was a little hesitant about using it but gave it a shot anyways. I've been using it for a week or so now and I personally haven't experience any of the irritations some of the others acquired from the new formula. It works just as I remembered it to and absolutely love it. I guess I'm just a lucky ones. My suggestion is that if you're a little iffy on buying this, go to you're dermatologist and see if they have any free samples. This way you can try it without paying the $10 or so it costs.

Reviewed on October 15, 2010

I have used a few different kinds of moisturizers, including cetaphil, but this is my favorite so far. It does say dermatologist recommended, & there must be a reason for that. I started using Retin-A b/c I've struggled with acne for about 6 years now, and since it is very drying on the skin, I needed a good moisturizer. I read reviews on this site and was a little skeptical, but results have been very good. Seems like my acne scars are going away, too. Love it!

Reviewed on October 8, 2010

I first started breaking out when I was 11 years old. My mom took me to a dermatologist because she didn't want me to have acne scars like she does. Dr. Hogan is a genius and I have been seeing him ever since, and I'm about to be 31! When I first went to see him he told me, among other things, to use Purpose moisturizing lotion. I have been using it two or three times a day ever since. I believe that two decades of use should be a testimony to how great this product is. It has definitely been a key part of fending off those dreaded pimples.