Pur Minerals Mineral Makeup

Average price: $29.00

Brand: Pur Minerals

Most helpful review

By Anonymous on 03/31/2012

Pros:
  • LOVE IT, covers everything!
Cons:
  • can be drying sometimes

9 out of 16 people found this review helpful

Mica, Boron Nitrate, Capric/Caprylic Triglyceride, Bismuth Oxychloride (CI 77163), Zinc Stearate, Magnesium Silicate, Magnesium Carbonate, Silica, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter) (Shea Butter), Iron Oxides (CI 77491/CI 77492/CI 77499), Tocopheryl Acetate (Vitamin E).

Pur Minerals Starter Kit 4 piece
updated: 04/18/2014 03:30 UTC
Pur Minerals, 4-in-1 Pressed Mineral Makeup Foundation With SPF 15, Tan
updated: 04/18/2014 03:30 UTC

Member reviews

By on

This was my go-to foundation for every day use. I really liked the fact that it didn't irritate or break my skin out. The coverage was buildable, but if you needed more coverage your face would become cakey. It would at times cause my skin to become very oily. I usually had to use a primer if I wanted my foundation to last longer than 3-4 hours. Overall I would recommend it, but I would go through this product quickly and for the price it wasn't worth it. I've found another mineral foundation that works better and is more cost efficient.

Pros

• didn't cause my skin to breakout
  • buildable coverage

Cons

• didn't last long without primer
  • caused oily skin
  • price
  • for about a year
  • $ 27
  • I recommend using this product/treatment.

By on

I loved the coverage this make up gave me, and how it wasn't as messy as loose powder. But within a week or two of using it I noticed that my acne, which was under control, started to flair up again.

I returned the to Mary Kay mineral powder foundation I had been using when my acne was under control.

The mary kay doesn't cover as well, but would I rather have something that covers breakouts? Or no breakouts at all?

Too bad there isn't a make up out there that covers well and doesn't cause breakouts.

Pros

• Coverage
  • Evens out skin tone

Cons

• Causes Breakouts
  • Can Look Cakey
  • Looks Oily at the end of the day
  • moderate
  • for a few weeks
  • $ 18
  • I do not recommend using this product/treatment.

By on

Pros

• LOVE IT, covers everything!

Cons

• can be drying sometimes

By on

I have used EVERYTHING. Never the expensive kind because of all the sh"t in them. My skin is insanely sensitive, and I am darker complected so I don't have time to get more scars from acne! I don't buy anything in the drugstore anymore. I've changed my diet which has helped immensely and I tried this on a whim, cheaper than bare minerals, and WORTH IT! Next to everything else I am doing, this is the perfect addition to your way to beautiful skin! I use Duac as my primer, and don't use much of this. =]

Pros

• Coverage
  • Light
  • Looks natural
  • Does not make me break out
  • Covers scars
  • Ordered it on Amazon (derm store), got it fast!
  • Matte finish

Cons

• Nothing yet, but I minimally use make up
  • moderate
  • for about a week
  • $ 37
  • I recommend using this product/treatment.

By on

I love this makeup. I used to use a Physicians formula powder with a concealer underneath, but it always felt really heavy, and it always highlighted the dryness around my mouth and forehead. This makeup has a wonderful feel and doesn't look like anything. It also hides scars and breakouts well, and lasts all day. I love the product.

Pros

• light, doesnt feel like makeup
  • does not leave a shininess
  • doesn't look or feel like you have makeup on
  • beautiful finish without caking on makeup

Cons

• none
  • light
  • for a few weeks
  • $ 38
  • I recommend using this product/treatment.

By on

I have been very impressed with the coverage it delivers; I really didn't think a powder could do what it does. And it doesn't highlight flaky areas around healing blemishes the way most liquid foundations to. When I first apply it, though, it's so drying that I feel like my face looks 'crunchy' and crepey. I'm 34 and don't have any real wrinkles yet, but when first applied, this product makes me look like I do. By afternoon, when my face would normally be super-shiny (read: gross), it controls the oil very well and takes on a better, more dewy look. I've never tried another mineral makeup, so I can't offer any brand comparisons.

Pros

• Great coverage
  • Controls oil
  • Best for younger skin
  • Doesn't "stick" to dry flakes

Cons

• Not good for older skin
  • Highlights developing wrinkles
  • Can be drying
  • Expensive
  • moderate
  • for a few weeks
  • $ 38

By on

best mineral products on the market by far. if u have acne/scarring this product is for u.

Pros

• easy & quick to put on.
  • covers acne & scars very well
  • colors match skin very good

Cons

• little dryness, moisturize before applying.
  • moderately severe
  • for a few months
  • $ 26
  • I recommend using this product/treatment.

By on

I have been using bareMinerals since it first came out and recently switched to puminerals 4-in-1 pressed mineral makeup . I bought it because I was looking for a compact gentle enough for acne prone skin. I tried this out and will not go back to bareminerals. Purminerals is amazing! This requires less product and provides more coverage. Purminerals has been great for my moderate acne and even reduces redness. You will not be disappointed!

Pros

• smooth and soft looking finish
  • calms redness
  • great for acne-prone skin
  • easy to use
  • only a small amount will be needed

Cons

• may appear flaky if you have dry skin and do not use a moisturizer
  • moderate
  • for a few months
  • $ 26
  • I recommend using this product/treatment.

By on

I use the 4 in 1 Pur Minerals on top of a primer. It's the BEST product I have ever used. I don't have many red pimples, but I do have dark patches on my skin from scars. With liquid foundations I have to stack on the concealer to cover the scars. With this product, it miraculously covers them with a light application. I've never been a fan of powders, but this was given to me for my birthday present so I gave it a go. I'm so impressed I'm never using another product again!

Pros

• Covers scarring PERFECTLY without concealer
  • Feels really light on skin
  • Super easy to put on

Cons

• none
  • light
  • for about a week
  • $ 30
  • I recommend using this product/treatment.

By on

Wow. If you're using Bare Minerals - throw it away, keep the brush and try purminerals. It's so easy to apply, only one step and it covers acne and redness while it stays on all day! I love it. Works best with a primer or some light moisturizer before hand.

Pros

• Only one step
  • Smooth
  • Covers redness
  • Effortless
  • Does not cake
  • Matte

Cons

• The price. (But at least it works)
  • moderately severe
  • for about a month
  • $ 27
  • I recommend using this product/treatment.