Page 4 of Proactiv Solution X Out reviews

1.8/5 - 68 reviews

Brand: Proactiv Solution

Key Ingredients:
8.5% Benzoyl Peroxide, Sodium Cocoyl Isethionate, Linoleic, Linolenic Acid (Vitamin F Forte), Tocopherols, Polyethylene, Glycerin, Dimethicone, Menthol.

Be very aware of a company who has to fool you into reordering their product.
Reviewed on May 1, 2014

This company is very SHADY!!! I ordered a 30 day supply for my 24 yr old daughter so see if she liked it.

Today, I received a 90 day supply saying it was the second of 3 shipments of my order. A total of $110.00

would be deducted from my bank. WHAT? When did this happen. I am pretty sure there was NO CLEAR

mention of this auto ship agreement when I ordered the 30 day supply. Now I have to go through the hassle

of returning it, oh and there is no return address where it should be sent back to in the package. I had to call to

get that info. Will be charged the $11.97 for the original shipment plus the cost to return the package.

NICE !!! Too bad I had to give it even 1 star.

!!!!WARNING!!!!
Reviewed on April 30, 2014

CROOKS! Terrible customer service + hidden fees, membership, recurring charges and sending me packages I did not ask to buy. From the reviews I have read, It seems I am not alone in these problems. The product itself is not 1/5, I would say probably 2/5 at the most since it did not deliver the desired results, ie. any sort of diminish in my acne...it did make my face a little softer. But this company - simply horrible. Do not put yourself through the headache of dealing with them. They have kept my bank literally over one HUNDRED dollars in insufficient funds and I am calling both the X-Out company and my bank multiple times daily. If you truly wish to try this product, I recommend finding some listing on eBay, and NOT ordering directly from their site. Do not recommend.

X-Out best acne product Ever
Reviewed on April 25, 2014

X-Out really works for me and it is still working sense i got it!!!!! Thanks to the people who created X-Out

Review of the product, not just the company
Reviewed on April 23, 2014

I am currently a 21 year old female who has had moderate acne since adolescence. I have seen a dermatologist for many years to no avail. It seems like managing my acne was the goal rather than healing it.

As far as oral medication, I am on the generic form of Yaz, which reduced a lot of the main acne I get from hormones. I began using the original formula of proactiv in the fall of 2012. I received multiple comments on how much my skin had healed and improved (again, manageable, but not fully healed). I still got pimples with whiteheads pretty regularly, but overall the bumps and redness were greatly reduced and most of the roughness/scarring had cleared up.

HERE'S THE PART ABOUT X-OUT: I switched from original 3-step proactiv to X-Out thinking it would simplify my routine (less steps, easier for travel). I figured since X-Out was made by the same company, contained even more active ingredients, and was created to simplify my life it would probably do the same job (The scrub was the most important acne fighting step of the proactiv original formula). I was optimistic about the use of X-Out and thought it was really working for the first few weeks I used it (It was probably still nice from proactiv). However, I had one super-pimple that never seemed to go away. I tend to pick at my face when I have a pimple with puss, and I popped and drained the same pimple every few days for over a month. Not only did it never heal, it was massive, red, and super inflamed (probably the largest pimple I have ever had in my whole life). In focusing on the super-pimple, I didn't even notice that the entire side of my face and chin had broken out in small red bumps (not puss filled) I also started getting blackheads for the first time in years. With the proactiv I sometimes felt confident enough in my skin that I could wear little or no makeup to go out. After using X-Out, I feel like I have the worst skin I have had in years and I am embarrassed to go out in public, even with makeup on. I cannot possibly recommend this product to anyone, and it has caused me a lot of embarrassment and lack of confidence. I am a student who prides myself on professionalism and maturity in my job and work on campus, and I am distracted by my skin and it has a great impact on me professionally. How can administrators and potential employers take me seriously and think of me as a professional, when I have the skin of a hormonal teenager?

Bad business
Reviewed on April 22, 2014

I ordered X out for the first time to try it out. They didn't tell me that after a month they would send me and charge me for the 90 day supply and for vitamins. I saw the charge, called, and they said there was nothing they can do since it already shipped. I have to ship it back to get a refund, and that can take up to six weeks. They made me negative in my account and they didn't seem to care at all. They did not notify me in any way letting me know I signed up for a membership and that they would keep charging me for new products. The way they sneakily throw this in there is just bad business; they just want money. Find a different product and a different company who is more clear with their guidelines.

Horrible customer service, hidden fees.
Reviewed on April 15, 2014

I ordered the 30 day supply. Apparently in fine print it tells you that when you do this you are authorizing 3 90-day refills. You also have a month to cancel, but I was charged 24 days later, and told it was already shipped and I would have to return it and not get shipping back. Needless to say very shady company. It made my acne worse, I developed these big, hard, red boils on my face. Regardless if the product works for you I would not recommend dealing with the company. You will be unknowingly charged. Wish I read the reviews on this website before doing it because they all seem to have the same problem I did.

Terrible
Reviewed on April 7, 2014

I used a very small amount, my face is all dry and pealing. Also on top of it all, my acne has got worse, my face has been abnormally red. I really wouldn't use this product, drys out your skin like crazy and I normally have oily skin.

Worst product I have ever used
Reviewed on April 2, 2014

If I could give this zero stars I would. This product not only made my skin look and feel worse, but cost way more than it said. The total that the company charged added up to 200 dollars. So I paid a ton of money for something that made everything worse. They say 60 day money back, yeah right. Wouldnt let me return it, and kept sending them AFTER I cancelled it then continued to charge me.

A Teenage Girl's Worst Nightmare
Reviewed on March 28, 2014

I bought this product in the high hopes that it would clear my skin and get my acne under control before my senior portraits coming up. Sadly, I couldn't have been more wrong. They certainly stay true to their warning: burning, peeling, itchiness, redness, etc., they all make their debut after the first few times you use it. But this might be tolerable if it actually got rid of my acne, like it was supposed to. On the contrary, it is making my acne 20x worse. And beware of the "spot treatment" option in the cleanser. Sure, when you dab some of that on your bump and leave it over night, the "bumpiness" of your bump may be minimized by morning time. But it will leave a bright red acne mark that seems likely to never go away. I have more acne marks now than I did zits before I started using it. This is an absolute nightmare. So now I will show up to my senior portraits with red, irritated, pimply, ultra marked up skin. Thank you, X-Out.

pretty good
Reviewed on March 26, 2014

I started using X out like 5 or 6 months ago, I started seeing the difference in my skin in just 2 days! My skin was the best it has ever been. When you put on X out it doesn't hurt or bug your skin like other products do. A few weeks ago I stopped using it for like a week, I started using it again about a week ago and it hasn't been working very well it might just be because I'm also using a different product, but the product it's self is amazing! Warning it took to long of a time time to get here it was ridiculous!