Page 4 of Proactiv Solution X Out reviews

1.8/5 - 73 reviews

Brand: Proactiv Solution

Key Ingredients:
8.5% Benzoyl Peroxide, Sodium Cocoyl Isethionate, Linoleic, Linolenic Acid (Vitamin F Forte), Tocopherols, Polyethylene, Glycerin, Dimethicone, Menthol.

Made My Acne Worse
Reviewed on June 10, 2014

I am 15 years old and started using this product about 10 days ago, and it has done absolutely nothing except make my acne flare up. I had been using Proactiv/Proactiv+ for over a year, and while it helped clear my face up a little in the beginning, it eventually stopped improving and had kept my acne at a mild/moderate level. I saw the X Out commercials on TV and was immediately attracted to it because it is specifically geared towards teens and is by the makers of Proactiv. I did some research online and found very mixed reviews (mostly negative, honestly) but decided to give it a try anyway. Bad choice. I received the 30 day wash-in treatment along with the body bar, spot corrector, and shine control product. Upon first use, I thought the cooling effect was nice, but was also greeted with very dry skin (to be expected from the high concentration of benzoyl peroxide, but was nonetheless very uncomfortable). It has since only increased my breakouts on my entire face. I tried the spot corrector morning and evening, and it doesn't do a thing. In fact, I have gotten so annoyed with the spot corrector not working, that I have gone back to my Proactiv spot treatments. Same story with the body bar: made everything worse. The only product that has shown a bit of promise is the shine control, but that's not nearly enough to keep me as a customer. In just 10 days, my acne is the worst it has been in over a year. I am going to send this package back for a refund ASAP, and will continue using Proactiv+ until I order my next option: Exposed Skin Care.

by Abbyakd on 06/19/2014 14:51
You probably need a stronger product to do the work. If you still get acne after using proactiv and X out. You should try something like accutane. It just depend on the acne you have and how severe it is.
.... An actual post about the product
Reviewed on June 9, 2014

I got X out about a month ago! It hadn't really done much to my face positively or negatively. My face hasn't gotten worse but it hasn't cleared up like I expected. I'm also still getting blemishes that pop up exactly where I leave the x out on as a mask. I'm going to keep using it for at least another month but I'm not sure I'll keep using it once the tube runs out. Hope this helps !

Fraud billing
Reviewed on May 24, 2014

This company billed my cc twice and the claimed that we had called and ordered multiple products and had multiple accounts etc.

They could not explain who authorized the 2nd amount and for what product. They keep transferring you from one customer service to another and are scamming customers.

Do not give them your cc information as it will take months to get the money back

I plan to report them to the ATTORNEY general as well as BBB

Beware!!

Great Product!
Reviewed on May 14, 2014

I'm a 19 year old male and I've suffered with horrible acne since 2009. I've tried countless, countless, countless products to no avail. I didn't know what to do anymore because I thought there was nothing that could help me. On one desperate night, I purchased X out. However, when it arrived, I had read one too many negative reviews to use it so I stayed it in my closet for two months. After seeing no Improvement with my current regime, I turned to X out as a last resort. So far, I've used it for three days and I have seen such a vast improvement in my skin. I use it just as it is instructed, twice a day for two minutes and I just gently rub it all over my face. It's a lifesaver! And the best part is it is really helping my confidence!

Scam!
Reviewed on May 7, 2014

Terrible customer service. I'm still wondering where the "fine print" is that automatically enrolls you in a 90 day recurring supply. Ten days after receiving our first shipment, we were billed another $60. When I called, I was told I could cancel, but would still owe $194 for the remaining subscription. They did say I could cancel, but would have to return all product and it would take 4-6 weeks. I called my credit card company and they promptly had the fees reversed, return labels mailed and subscription cancelled. Don't attempt to deal with their terrible customer service, just call your card company for help. The product may have worked and we might have ordered again, but not with such a shady company. ZERO stars for sneaky, rude customer service.

Be very aware of a company who has to fool you into reordering their product.
Reviewed on May 1, 2014

This company is very SHADY!!! I ordered a 30 day supply for my 24 yr old daughter so see if she liked it.

Today, I received a 90 day supply saying it was the second of 3 shipments of my order. A total of $110.00

would be deducted from my bank. WHAT? When did this happen. I am pretty sure there was NO CLEAR

mention of this auto ship agreement when I ordered the 30 day supply. Now I have to go through the hassle

of returning it, oh and there is no return address where it should be sent back to in the package. I had to call to

get that info. Will be charged the $11.97 for the original shipment plus the cost to return the package.

NICE !!! Too bad I had to give it even 1 star.

!!!!WARNING!!!!
Reviewed on April 30, 2014

CROOKS! Terrible customer service + hidden fees, membership, recurring charges and sending me packages I did not ask to buy. From the reviews I have read, It seems I am not alone in these problems. The product itself is not 1/5, I would say probably 2/5 at the most since it did not deliver the desired results, ie. any sort of diminish in my acne...it did make my face a little softer. But this company - simply horrible. Do not put yourself through the headache of dealing with them. They have kept my bank literally over one HUNDRED dollars in insufficient funds and I am calling both the X-Out company and my bank multiple times daily. If you truly wish to try this product, I recommend finding some listing on eBay, and NOT ordering directly from their site. Do not recommend.

X-Out best acne product Ever
Reviewed on April 25, 2014

X-Out really works for me and it is still working sense i got it!!!!! Thanks to the people who created X-Out

Review of the product, not just the company
Reviewed on April 23, 2014

I am currently a 21 year old female who has had moderate acne since adolescence. I have seen a dermatologist for many years to no avail. It seems like managing my acne was the goal rather than healing it.

As far as oral medication, I am on the generic form of Yaz, which reduced a lot of the main acne I get from hormones. I began using the original formula of proactiv in the fall of 2012. I received multiple comments on how much my skin had healed and improved (again, manageable, but not fully healed). I still got pimples with whiteheads pretty regularly, but overall the bumps and redness were greatly reduced and most of the roughness/scarring had cleared up.

HERE'S THE PART ABOUT X-OUT: I switched from original 3-step proactiv to X-Out thinking it would simplify my routine (less steps, easier for travel). I figured since X-Out was made by the same company, contained even more active ingredients, and was created to simplify my life it would probably do the same job (The scrub was the most important acne fighting step of the proactiv original formula). I was optimistic about the use of X-Out and thought it was really working for the first few weeks I used it (It was probably still nice from proactiv). However, I had one super-pimple that never seemed to go away. I tend to pick at my face when I have a pimple with puss, and I popped and drained the same pimple every few days for over a month. Not only did it never heal, it was massive, red, and super inflamed (probably the largest pimple I have ever had in my whole life). In focusing on the super-pimple, I didn't even notice that the entire side of my face and chin had broken out in small red bumps (not puss filled) I also started getting blackheads for the first time in years. With the proactiv I sometimes felt confident enough in my skin that I could wear little or no makeup to go out. After using X-Out, I feel like I have the worst skin I have had in years and I am embarrassed to go out in public, even with makeup on. I cannot possibly recommend this product to anyone, and it has caused me a lot of embarrassment and lack of confidence. I am a student who prides myself on professionalism and maturity in my job and work on campus, and I am distracted by my skin and it has a great impact on me professionally. How can administrators and potential employers take me seriously and think of me as a professional, when I have the skin of a hormonal teenager?

Bad business
Reviewed on April 22, 2014

I ordered X out for the first time to try it out. They didn't tell me that after a month they would send me and charge me for the 90 day supply and for vitamins. I saw the charge, called, and they said there was nothing they can do since it already shipped. I have to ship it back to get a refund, and that can take up to six weeks. They made me negative in my account and they didn't seem to care at all. They did not notify me in any way letting me know I signed up for a membership and that they would keep charging me for new products. The way they sneakily throw this in there is just bad business; they just want money. Find a different product and a different company who is more clear with their guidelines.