Page 2 of Proactiv Solution X Out reviews

1.8/5 - 56 reviews

Brand: Proactiv Solution

Key Ingredients:
8.5% Benzoyl Peroxide, Sodium Cocoyl Isethionate, Linoleic, Linolenic Acid (Vitamin F Forte), Tocopherols, Polyethylene, Glycerin, Dimethicone, Menthol.

THIS IS TERRIBLE
Reviewed on July 2, 2014

FIRST OFF I LITERALLY HAD LIKE NO ACNE SO I GOT THIS TO GET RID OF SMALL ONES, I BROKE OUT LIKE CRAZY AFTER USING AND GOT SUPER PISSED, SECOND WHEN I CALLED THEM TO CANCEL MY MEMBERSHIP THEY SAID MY NEXT 3 MONTH KIT WAS ALREADY SHIPPED AND THEY LIED JUST SO THEY COULD MAKE THERE MONEY, I JUST GOT THE TRACKING AND THEY JUST SHIPPED IT A WEEK AFTER I CALLED.. THIS PRODUCT IS THE WORST, DONT USE IT, DONT GET SENT THROUGH HELL AND BACK WITH THIS PRODUCT, NO I USE ACNE FREE AND CAN BUY IT FROM CVS AND IT WORKS GREAT, ITS WHAT I USED BEFORE AND SHOULD'VE KEPT WITH IT. BUT X OUT SUCKS SO THERE YA GO!!!

Bad
Reviewed on June 29, 2014

Honestly broke out so much worse after I started using this product. My skin was clear before I bought it and now my skin is completely covered in zits again. Very disappointed

uhhh......
Reviewed on June 18, 2014

Hai guys, so basically, I've been using xout for a month now and I can honestly tell you that I was disappointed with the results. My first few week I saw little results, nothing major, that made me committed to the product into buying another one. I read the reviews, and thought okay I'll just give it more time, it is only my first week. What made me commit to this product was the fear of having a bad break out. I read reviews saying missing one day can make things much worse for your skin, and with that in mind I was determined to use this product everyday. Downside was nothing happened... I would wake up really eager to see if there were any positive results, nothing. I would miss a day, or I would end up using this product only once a day instead of twice, and I was surprise it didn't give me that bad breakout that everyone said they got when they didn't follow the daily plan when using this product, but... I did still get pimples popping back up on the surface of my skin. I was already using the product and tried to be committed with the whole use twice a day plan but I was still getting one to three pimples.

This product did not dry out my skin, surprisingly. I had really dry and flaky skin, it was really irritating. I then started doing a home remedy using avocado, with little amount of milk and honey. It gave me a wonderful results, I used it once or twice a week, but now have stopped, and my face still isn't dry as it was. I'm telling you guys this because of the review this product got about drying out other peoples skin. Just a note, or an advice for those it might help.

Made My Acne Worse
Reviewed on June 10, 2014

I am 15 years old and started using this product about 10 days ago, and it has done absolutely nothing except make my acne flare up. I had been using Proactiv/Proactiv+ for over a year, and while it helped clear my face up a little in the beginning, it eventually stopped improving and had kept my acne at a mild/moderate level. I saw the X Out commercials on TV and was immediately attracted to it because it is specifically geared towards teens and is by the makers of Proactiv. I did some research online and found very mixed reviews (mostly negative, honestly) but decided to give it a try anyway. Bad choice. I received the 30 day wash-in treatment along with the body bar, spot corrector, and shine control product. Upon first use, I thought the cooling effect was nice, but was also greeted with very dry skin (to be expected from the high concentration of benzoyl peroxide, but was nonetheless very uncomfortable). It has since only increased my breakouts on my entire face. I tried the spot corrector morning and evening, and it doesn't do a thing. In fact, I have gotten so annoyed with the spot corrector not working, that I have gone back to my Proactiv spot treatments. Same story with the body bar: made everything worse. The only product that has shown a bit of promise is the shine control, but that's not nearly enough to keep me as a customer. In just 10 days, my acne is the worst it has been in over a year. I am going to send this package back for a refund ASAP, and will continue using Proactiv+ until I order my next option: Exposed Skin Care.

by Abbyakd on 06/19/2014 14:51
You probably need a stronger product to do the work. If you still get acne after using proactiv and X out. You should try something like accutane. It just depend on the acne you have and how severe it is.
.... An actual post about the product
Reviewed on June 9, 2014

I got X out about a month ago! It hadn't really done much to my face positively or negatively. My face hasn't gotten worse but it hasn't cleared up like I expected. I'm also still getting blemishes that pop up exactly where I leave the x out on as a mask. I'm going to keep using it for at least another month but I'm not sure I'll keep using it once the tube runs out. Hope this helps !

Fraud billing
Reviewed on May 24, 2014

This company billed my cc twice and the claimed that we had called and ordered multiple products and had multiple accounts etc.

They could not explain who authorized the 2nd amount and for what product. They keep transferring you from one customer service to another and are scamming customers.

Do not give them your cc information as it will take months to get the money back

I plan to report them to the ATTORNEY general as well as BBB

Beware!!

Great Product!
Reviewed on May 14, 2014

I'm a 19 year old male and I've suffered with horrible acne since 2009. I've tried countless, countless, countless products to no avail. I didn't know what to do anymore because I thought there was nothing that could help me. On one desperate night, I purchased X out. However, when it arrived, I had read one too many negative reviews to use it so I stayed it in my closet for two months. After seeing no Improvement with my current regime, I turned to X out as a last resort. So far, I've used it for three days and I have seen such a vast improvement in my skin. I use it just as it is instructed, twice a day for two minutes and I just gently rub it all over my face. It's a lifesaver! And the best part is it is really helping my confidence!

Scam!
Reviewed on May 7, 2014

Terrible customer service. I'm still wondering where the "fine print" is that automatically enrolls you in a 90 day recurring supply. Ten days after receiving our first shipment, we were billed another $60. When I called, I was told I could cancel, but would still owe $194 for the remaining subscription. They did say I could cancel, but would have to return all product and it would take 4-6 weeks. I called my credit card company and they promptly had the fees reversed, return labels mailed and subscription cancelled. Don't attempt to deal with their terrible customer service, just call your card company for help. The product may have worked and we might have ordered again, but not with such a shady company. ZERO stars for sneaky, rude customer service.

Be very aware of a company who has to fool you into reordering their product.
Reviewed on May 1, 2014

This company is very SHADY!!! I ordered a 30 day supply for my 24 yr old daughter so see if she liked it.

Today, I received a 90 day supply saying it was the second of 3 shipments of my order. A total of $110.00

would be deducted from my bank. WHAT? When did this happen. I am pretty sure there was NO CLEAR

mention of this auto ship agreement when I ordered the 30 day supply. Now I have to go through the hassle

of returning it, oh and there is no return address where it should be sent back to in the package. I had to call to

get that info. Will be charged the $11.97 for the original shipment plus the cost to return the package.

NICE !!! Too bad I had to give it even 1 star.

!!!!WARNING!!!!
Reviewed on April 30, 2014

CROOKS! Terrible customer service + hidden fees, membership, recurring charges and sending me packages I did not ask to buy. From the reviews I have read, It seems I am not alone in these problems. The product itself is not 1/5, I would say probably 2/5 at the most since it did not deliver the desired results, ie. any sort of diminish in my acne...it did make my face a little softer. But this company - simply horrible. Do not put yourself through the headache of dealing with them. They have kept my bank literally over one HUNDRED dollars in insufficient funds and I am calling both the X-Out company and my bank multiple times daily. If you truly wish to try this product, I recommend finding some listing on eBay, and NOT ordering directly from their site. Do not recommend.