Proactiv Solution X Out reviews

1.8/5 - 127 reviews

Brand: Proactiv Solution

8.5% Benzoyl Peroxide,

Sodium Cocoyl Isethionate, Linoleic, Linolenic Acid (Vitamin F Forte), Tocopherols, Polyethylene, Glycerin, Dimethicone, Menthol.

BUYER BEWARE!
Reviewed on April 29, 2016

BE VERY CAUTIOUS WITH THIS COMPANY! They charge you card WITHOUT your permission. INFACT i had called them and told then NOT to auto ship ANY product and they charged my card anyway!!!!!! shady business practices! product is NOT worth all the hype!

So far, so good.
Reviewed on March 17, 2016

I had the proactive 3-step, it took so much so in trying the x out now. The 3-step worked but it made my skin raw and super sensitive. I just switched and so far so good!

Ugh
Reviewed on March 3, 2016

I was hopeful for this product but I think I had too high of hopes. I bought this product on a Monday night and started using it that night. My skin was really good at that time with only a couple pimples here & there. I liked the "icy slap" which made it feel like it was working. The following days my acne didn't seem to get better or worse, however I decided to try out the spot-treatment method of the Wash-In. Big mistake, HUGE. I had read everything on the packaging and knew that the product could make skin itchy and red IF I was using other acne products (which I wasn't). I dabbed a little bit of the medication onto the handful of pimples I had and let it dry as much as it could and went to bed. I woke up the next morning (Thursday at this point) and washed off the gunk. I looked up into the mirror and had very very noticeable red splotches where the medication had been. My mom looked at me and was completely sprech less. I usually try not to wear a lot of makeup because I don't like how it feels and it probably makes acne worse so i only use dabs of coverup and that's it. But with this intense redness I used probably 4 different products and nothing seemed to cover it up. At this point I started to tear up because I feel like I ruined my skin. I had to stay home from school because I'm so utterly embarrassed and irritated (physically and emotionally). I don't know what to do with this. I know there is the "get worse before it gets better thing" but that might just be an old wives tale. I might keep using it as only the face wash (not the spot treatment or mask) because I'm not sure if that works or not. In regards to the body wash bar, I haven't noticed a change. My back and chest acne has been awful lately and it hasn't gotten better, maybe even worse since using this product. Don't know what to do. So disappointed.

by Pizzalover on 03/15/2016 03:45
Ignore what she says the bottle of xout says to leave it on FOR TEN MINS if using it as spot treatment not overnight so its your fault that happened Directions exist for a reason
by Lilbabymay on 03/17/2016 20:26
Actually, on the bottle it says leave it for 10 minutes if using as a mask. For spot treatment, it says a MINIMUM of 10 minutes, so it's not your fault. They should have put a max amount.
Contains Bleach!!!
Reviewed on January 25, 2016

On the bottle it says it may bleach died stuff. but actually it MOST CERTAINLY will bleach everything it touches. I got the smallest little dot of this stuff on my towel when i was drying my hands and EVERY single one of my towels came out of the wash lookin like acid wash jeans. You have to wash it all off in the sink when you use it, and if you don't, use a paper towel and throw it away immediately afterwards. One time i set the paper towel down on a pink piece of paper and within 10 minutes, there was a white dot in the center of the piece of paper because the x out sucked all the pink pigment out. If you want to do this to your skin, so be it... but im not gonna use this product again.

"It Works Better Than Proactive'
Reviewed on January 21, 2016

I had used proactive for 3 weeks but then i decided it was to much to put on. So my dad go me X out one step and it works way better. I've been using X out for a month now and i've gotten better results. It's easier to use and you will see better results faster!

Yet to come!
Reviewed on January 11, 2016

OK, My parents and I are pretty mad. I ordered this on December 16 of 2015! And It's January 10th and I still have yet to get it! I really hope this is worth the wait.

by MoniqueUnique on 03/06/2016 00:26
why give it 3 stars then? :-/
Tailor use to your skin!!
Reviewed on January 8, 2016

If you have dry skin use it once a day and put on 1-2 coats of moisturizer.

If you have oily skin this product is probably safe to use morning and night with moisturizer.

If you have normal skin you should probably go light at first to get your skin adjust then you can use it 1-2 a day, whatever you prefer with moisturizer.

Of course don't use the mask until you know the product is safe on your skin and start with applying the cleanser for only 30 second to a minute.

Just be smart about using it and it will work.

Insulted and disappointed
Reviewed on January 1, 2016

I am completely insulted by the Zendaya Coleman X out commercial. In the before and after pictures, this commercial shows individuals suffering from a mild form of acne going through an "EXTREME" transformation to clear skin. What is actually shown is images of EXTREME pigment alteration. Sure, freckles, moles and laughlines have been airbrushed out, but skintone being drastically altered, implying that darker skintoned black girls or pinktoned white boys are unacceptable as they are. This is just down-right, infuriatingly wrong! I will never support such imagery or subiliminal messages being sent to our youth and the rest of society. It is imagery, such as this, that causes unnecessary insecurities. We need to be more aware and mindfull of what messages we are sending, especially to our very impressionable youth.

by Tellit on 01/25/2016 04:17
I'm mexican, with olive tan skin, and I was using x out for a while. Until it literally started to alter my skin tone. I didn't realize it at first but X Out actually has beach in it, and a lot more than it says on the bottle. I wiped off my spot treatment once with a pink post-it note because I was in a rush to answer the door, and after about 10 minutes, i looked back at the post-it note and the x out had sucked all of the pigment out of the paper and what was left was just a white dot in the center. So I think it's safe to say that this product can have the same affect on skin pigment too if you use it often enough, and that's why I stopped using it!!
by MoniqueUnique on 03/06/2016 00:28
@ tellit.....yeah because paper and skin are Exactly alike. Have a seat over there.......but way over there.
tf? I looked sunburnt :/
Reviewed on November 18, 2015

okay so here's what happened: used it the first time, and I looked like a sunburnt alpaca. my moms friends daughter used it and it cleared her acne completely. my skin isn't 100% acne free, and I don't use X out every single day (like once every other week) but i guess it depends on skin type? honestly, they totally lied to me and the customer service people were rude as hell. overall it's kind of meh.

ps don't use the mask. it'll burn your skin.

by Ekpresto on 12/29/2015 22:25
You need to talk to an esthetician. Sounds like this formulation isn't right for you. Also, your cleansing routine needs to be twice daily not one every week or so.
They keep charging you
Reviewed on October 3, 2015

Be careful. You make one order and then they automatically charge you every month and keep sending you more.