Proactiv Solution X Out reviews

1.8/5 - 56 reviews

Brand: Proactiv Solution

Key Ingredients:
8.5% Benzoyl Peroxide, Sodium Cocoyl Isethionate, Linoleic, Linolenic Acid (Vitamin F Forte), Tocopherols, Polyethylene, Glycerin, Dimethicone, Menthol.

it works!
Reviewed on July 28, 2014

I've had this for a month, and it works. But however, it only works for only some skin types I have noticed. My best friend tried it, and he has really bad cystic acne, it didn't work for him.

The first week I had it, My face was red. And it was bumpy, so I gave it a few more weeks and it worked. I've never had really bad acne, but it was mild. After I used it I followed it with olive oil as a moisturizer, it made redness disappear and made my skin very soft.

I got it within a week of ordering online. I ordered on a prepaid visa card so they wouldn't charge me more than I asked for. I definitely think you should try it if you're doubtful because you never know if it works or not. If it doesn't, I highly suggest you go to olive oil, or urine therapy.

Customer Service
Reviewed on July 17, 2014

I honestly have no review about the product because I did not get to use it. I am here to write a review about the customer service... and it simply sucks. First I called the number and basically I kept talking to the computer for 10 minutes and then it send me to talk to someone....but no one answered. When someone finally answered, they had no clue what I was talking about. I ordered the x out on a gift card and the lady kept telling me that i cant use a visa gift card. I have used it before for proactiv and the lady could care less about what i had to say. So basically I ordered it on june 30th and the company bothered not to tell me that the card number I used didnt work. The company did not even care to send me an email that the card was wrong and I have been waiting for the product for over two weeks. Honestly I have never written a review before for anything but receiving such a bad experience forced me to write one.

Buyer Beware
Reviewed on July 16, 2014

The product works no better than any other over the counter product containing benzoyl peroxide. The worst part is they charge you $30 for the first container then they automatically send you a 3-month supply bottle and charge you (3) payments of $30 AFTER they sent it to you. Even if you want to cancel at that point you're already on the hook for $60 more! Just another way to scam/trick the consumer into sending them more money. (Understood they tell you in the fine print and it is the buyers fault for not reading completely however you would think they could find a more open and honest way to bill people.) It just proves their product doesn't work or they wouldn't have to do things like that!

Highly annoyed
Reviewed on July 16, 2014

So I'm 17, just got this product a few days ago and used it once yesterday and once today. I have never had bad acne and someone just gave me this as a random gift sort of, and I thought, hey I'll try it. But the past week I've gotten a few pimples more than I would so I was thinking maybe this would take care of it. The first day I just used the wash and felt a slight burning sensation in my face. I've never needed strong acne treatments so I thought it was just my face needing to get used to it. Today I tried using the mask method, and a few minutes in, my face started to burn very badly. After I rinsed it off, my skin began to peel and I had very random shiny spots all over my face. Two days isn't enough for me to see results or not but I do not want to continue use of this if it's going to be like that every use. I'm wondering if it's just me or has anyone else experienced what I described?

Payment deduction every month!
Reviewed on July 16, 2014

I had initially signed up for 30-day trail. Then I was enrolled directly into 90-day plan where I had money deducted twice over two months.

Post that I was again sent another set but this time with 3-month payment deduction costing to charge more than the first 90-day plan. >100$

I was never informed about this change through email or letter or phone.

Also I am not able to see any order history or history of payments. This is outright wrong.

If I had been informed about it atleast in advance, I would have cancelled my subscription. Now that it happened I have cancelled it.

Crooks
Reviewed on July 15, 2014

These people piss me the hell off because when you sign up to pay for it their all "it's just a simple one time, non-monthly payment of 30$ for you to try out" then they throw in all these little thing like "take these vitamins here and this face mask and its all free!!" then 3 weeks later you look at your account and you've been billed 40$ for the wash, 40$ for the pills, 40$ for this and 40$ for that; then when you try to return it, "it takes 4 to 6 weeks for your money to return" be which point you don't even give a f**k anymore. All for something that HARDLY EVEN WORKS! I will NEVER try OR recommend this to ANYONE AGAIN!!!!

Review on the product itself
Reviewed on July 7, 2014

I am a 16 year old girl and I don't have cystic acne but I have combo skin and it's so frustrating because in some places it's dry and some places it feels oily. I had tons of tiny bumps all over my forehead, some of them were poppable and some of them were not, and extremely clogged pores on my nose. I tried so many products to try to clear up my acne and I decided to give X Out a chance. Although judging my some of the reviews on here about the terrible customer service... yes it's an awful product in that department. BUT as an acne treatment itself, it has cleared up most of my acne. Not all, but most. A couple weeks into my treatment my acne got a little bit worse.. and I was thinking "wow, this isn't going to work" but a couple days later IT COMPLETELY CHANGED MY SKIN. After washing though, I find it necessary to use lotion if you have dry or combo skin like me because of the drying agent in the formula. I guess everyone's skin is different, and I don't see this treating cystic acne or someone with horrendous breakouts, but for me it totally works.

Is X-Out really that bad?
Reviewed on July 6, 2014

I just started using X-Out and I'm starting to get worried because the only reviews I've seen are negative. I used Proactive + before and saw no results, unless I skipped a day or something then my face got way worse. I really like the cooling feeling of X-Out, so now I am wondering if x-out is as bad as every review says it is. Any positive opinions??

pissed off cutsomer
Reviewed on July 3, 2014

Im am so f**ken pissed do not order this product I was told by one of the representives that I would get 3 packages of x out for a 3 month supply and now I have been told that I only get 1 package and the whole thing is $90 ...will neverrr go come back to proactive

Long term user
Reviewed on July 3, 2014

Well I can see that they've finally decided to hire a private answering service, unfortunately the fundamental flaw still exists, the subscription business model. Let's face it, you don't want some company to start charging you more for what you're paying on car insurance, especially for just some face wash. On top of it, they seem to be more compartmentalized than the CIA, KGB, FBI, NSA, DIA, NRO combined.

Put simply, If you feel you're being overcharged, it's probably because you are. These people are horrible merchants, they won't stop lying. Please people, call your bank and issue a charge back, if enough accumulate it's tough luck for X OUT.

(The sad part is this product actually works for me)...

by Kenz11Nico20 on 07/26/2014 18:22
Hi, so you say the product worked for you, right? When you first started using it did your skin break out at first and then clear up? Or did just "boom" first couple washes you could see the results?