Page 5 of Proactiv Solution Acne Treatment System reviews

2.6/5 - 4374 reviews

Brand: Proactiv Solution

RENEWING CLEANSER
Benzoyl Peroxide, 2.5%

Water (aqua), magnesium aluminum silicate, glyceryl stearate, PEG-100 stearate, sorbitol, dimethyl isosorbide, disodium PEG-12 dimethicone sulfosuccinate, tridecyl stearate, neopentyl glycol dicaprylate/dicaprate, polyethylene, cetyl esters, anthemis nobilis flower extract, sodium hyaluronate, sodium PCA, xanthan gum, tridecyl trimellitate, propylene glycol, Imidazolidinyl urea, methylparaben, propylparaben, fragrance (parfum).

REVITALIZING TONER
Ingredients:
Water (aqua), glycolic acid, hamamelis virginiana (witch hazel) extract, anthemis nobilis flower extract, rosa canina fruit extract, aloe barbadensis leaf juice, sodium PCA, panthenol, glycerin, propylene glycol, allantoin, polysorbate 20, hydroxyethylcellulose, sodium hydroxide, benzophenone-4, tetrasodium EDTA, imidazolidinyl urea, methylparaben, propylparaben, fragrance (parfum), blue 1 (CI 42090), yellow 5 (CI 19140).

REPAIRING TREATMENT
Benzoyl Peroxide, 2.5%.

Water (aqua), ethoxydiglycol, cyclotetrasiloxane, cyclopentasiloxane, cetearyl alcohol, propylene glycol, dimethicone, glyceryl stearate, PEG-100 stearate, panthenol, allantoin, xanthan gum, ceteareth-20, carbomer, triethanolamine, diazolidinyl urea, methylparaben, propylparaben, fragrance (parfum).

Proactiv Solution 4-pc. Acne Treatment System
updated: 04/19/2014 21:57 UTC

I have used Proactive for several years and have nothing but success. I started using it in my 50's because I had occasional breakouts and needed something consistent. It has worked well for me!
Reviewed on January 10, 2014

As I got older, I noticed that I still had occasional breakouts each month. Nothing I tried seemed to work. I decided to give this a try. So far, I have no complaints. I do not live close to where I can go in and buy, so I set up on auto delivery. It's been great. If I need an order changed, all I have to do is call and have it customized to my needs, especially if I get a build up of a particular product. I'm 65 years old and will continue to use this as long as I think it's necessary!

Didn't Work For Me
Reviewed on January 10, 2014

This product I thought had been working for a while but, after a while, it seemed that it was making my acne worse. My acne wasn't as bad until i started using it.

Didn't work and too much hassle
Reviewed on January 5, 2014

It didn't work for me. Simple as that. It didn't clear my acne, it hurt my skin and also bleached my towels. What skin care system is so strong that it bleaches fabric? No thanks. Plus the whole "we'll send you more every 3 weeks" thing was a real pain.

Pro active plus
Reviewed on December 31, 2013

I tired pro active plus and didn't notice a change so I've tried canceling twice in the last three months w them and they keep charging me and resenting the product and when I call they say they have nothing on me canceling it. They service is bad and the product sucks .

Don't order online!
Reviewed on December 31, 2013

I have been using proactiv for 8 years and I have always ordered off of QVC or went to a kiosk in the mall. I decided to order off the actual website, and they scammed me into having it refilled monthly. No where did I see that I would be getting charged an outrageous amount every 3 weeks as they please and shipping it out. I called and they told me there is a resupply order already in the mail and I told them I did not want it, so they said I could ship it back and get my money back....that is ridiculous, by the time I ship it back I will lose money anyway! Proactiv's website is a scam! Order from QVC or find a kiosk at the mall!

Worst Acne Product I've tried
Reviewed on December 30, 2013

I only tried this because I can't seem to find my usual product anywhere, and when I was visiting my father I found a brand new unopened kit, and his wife said I could keep it. As it didn't cost me anything I decided to try it. Well, turns out, it only makes my acne worse. I've dried different products over the years, some worked better than others, some didn't even work at all, but I've never had a product before that made my acne worse.

results then big steps back..
Reviewed on December 29, 2013

I have had many friends and family use Proactive.. My brother had severe acne, so we ordered Proactive. At first we saw great results, were so happy.. then big, sore acne would occur and he would quit using it, then try it again.. same cycle.. due to auto enroll and the difficulty we had cancelling it, the stuff piled up. So i tried it.. It was so many steps, it caused more irritation and caused my skin also to launch a full on rebellion.. same cycle for me and I saw the same for my friends.

Proactive
Reviewed on December 29, 2013

I contemplated writing a review for this product for awhile, but seeing how many negative reviews it receives I thought I would defend it a little bit since I have had an overall very positive experience using it. I have never had what would be considered bad acne. I have always been mild, at most, with a few pimples sprouting up occasionally and usually being gone within a few days. I can honestly say that I barely ever washed my face, unless I was taking a shower, and I didn't seem to have many issues with my skin. That was, until I was recommended a top brand foundation from a friend. I had always used drugstore foundation, and thought since I was out of college and into buying higher quality products that I would try out some nicer make up as well. I will not name the brand I used because 1) I am still skeptical that my new acne problem was solely caused by it and 2) I happen to know for fact I have many friends who use it and had none of the problems I had. However, I noticed when I started using this product, that was much thicker than the foundation I was used to, I started having some acne appear on my cheek. At first, it was just a couple of pimples, but that eventually turned into a cluster of some MAJOR pimples that were so deeply rooted into my skin that no matter what I did I could NOT get rid of them. I went into the store where I purchased the product to swap to a new foundation again, thinking this thicker one was just clogging my pores, but I was informed by another employee that I was actually allergic to the product I was using and switching would make it clear up very quickly. After a few weeks of using the new foundation I did not notice any improvement in my acne, and I started to notice some little other ones appearing on my shoulders and face. THIS is the moment that I decided to give Proactive a try. My roommate in college used it and swore by it, and I had seen all the testimonials and celebrity endorsements on tv, but I was still really skeptical that a product that you can order without seeing a dermatologist would really make a big difference. Now that you have my back story, here is my review:

1) Yes, the company does somehow sign you up for automatic shipments. I ordered my first round and was CERTAIN I did not sign up for any reoccurring charge, yet after my first month of using it I came home to a big package of 3 months worth of the stuff. I was confused, and checked my account to make sure I hadn't signed up for this, and sure enough they just do it. I find this annoying, too, and if it weren't for the fact that I had noticed SOME change and that they spread the charges for the three month package out of the three months you are supposed to use it, I would have been irate.

2) The product works well, WHEN you use how it it is instructed to be used. You cannot go willy nilly with this product. I do not believe in all of the little side products it sends, they all seem pretty much the same to be and a bit overboard when you're already using three different things on your face twice a day, but I will say I believe in the 3 step product. The first month I started using Proactive I saw some minimal results because I really wasn't following the system (I'd use step one when I showered, sometimes step two just before bed, and hardly ever step three). The next month I decided I would start being stricter about using it how it was intended, and if it didn't seem to work then I would cancel my order altogether. Here is where I rate this product positively- my cheek acne, that has been sitting there untamable for 2 months, has FINALLY almost fully gone away. HOORAY!!!

3) I guess final note would be this- if you want a product that will work and are dedicated to the process of it, I would recommend Proactive. It DOES work, but you HAVE to use it in the morning, and at night, all 3 steps. I truly believe a lot of the people who write reviews on this product are in the stage I was at month one- not really using it correctly or strictly, and only giving it a short period of time to work. Yes, they will automatically send you a 3 month package of new product. Yes, the product CAN dry out your skin (I would advise to stay away from your eyes with it, since it can kinda irritate those areas when used regularly). But yes, in my opinion, the product does its job.

SCAM! CLOTHES STAINER! DOES NOT WORK!
Reviewed on December 28, 2013

Ordered this garbage to get rid of recent acne that I had acquired from a new job that exposed me to dirt and caused me to sweat constantly. Only worked for the first two days, after that it did nothing but stain my clothes. I called customer service and told them to cancel any recurring orders and told them I wanted nothing to do with their product. A month later, a new packet of Proactiv garbage arrives in my mail box and I am billed for the ridiculous amount of $90.00. It turns out that a recurring order of a 3-month supply of the crap was put on my account. After calling and arguing with customer service, they said I could return my package, but I would be paying the S&H costs ($10) and it would take 5-7 weeks to process and get my money back. Really? This is the most unprofessional, scamming, and unethical business I have ever seen. Do not waste your time with these scammers.

Skin Burns Face Leaves Scars afterwards
Reviewed on December 27, 2013

I started Proactive when I was 18 thinking that it would heal the acne that was coming out... I was dead wrong... instead it made me break out even more with a irritation that was unbearable. The lady at the mall kept saying to use it cause you're skin will get use to it "yeah right" after i came back, she told me "ohh proactive is not for you're skin then" waste of money and very expensive too