Page 5 of Proactiv Solution Acne Treatment System reviews

2.6/5 - 4523 reviews

Brand: Proactiv Solution

RENEWING CLEANSER
Benzoyl Peroxide (2.5%).

Water (aqua), magnesium aluminum silicate, glyceryl stearate, PEG-100 stearate, sorbitol, dimethyl isosorbide, disodium PEG-12 dimethicone sulfosuccinate, tridecyl stearate, neopentyl glycol dicaprylate/dicaprate, polyethylene, cetyl esters, anthemis nobilis flower extract, sodium hyaluronate, sodium PCA, xanthan gum, tridecyl trimellitate, propylene glycol, Imidazolidinyl urea, methylparaben, propylparaben, fragrance (parfum).

REVITALIZING TONER
Ingredients:
Water (aqua), glycolic acid, hamamelis virginiana (witch hazel) extract, anthemis nobilis flower extract, rosa canina fruit extract, aloe barbadensis leaf juice, sodium PCA, panthenol, glycerin, propylene glycol, allantoin, polysorbate 20, hydroxyethylcellulose, sodium hydroxide, benzophenone-4, tetrasodium EDTA, imidazolidinyl urea, methylparaben, propylparaben, fragrance (parfum), blue 1 (CI 42090), yellow 5 (CI 19140).

REPAIRING TREATMENT
Benzoyl Peroxide (2.5%).

Water (aqua), ethoxydiglycol, cyclotetrasiloxane, cyclopentasiloxane, cetearyl alcohol, propylene glycol, dimethicone, glyceryl stearate, PEG-100 stearate, panthenol, allantoin, xanthan gum, ceteareth-20, carbomer, triethanolamine, diazolidinyl urea, methylparaben, propylparaben, fragrance (parfum).

Old Formula is Decent
Reviewed on September 15, 2015

I've tried the older formula, which had mixed results as it caused my face acne to worsen (from step 2 and 3). The only thing I would say is decent is the Repair Treatment (Step 3), but, when I used to use Proactive, you had to buy all three. The Repair treatment, which is benzoyl peroxide, is a ripoff since it's a tiny bottle, forcing you to keep buying Proactive many times each year. You get a much better bargain from Acne.org Benzoyl Peroxide since it's a huge bottle and gentler on your skin. The other two steps of Proactive worsened acne, so I ended up using the Repair treatment, which is simply benzoyl peroxide. Proactive is $20-30, but that lasts a few months (even their larger bottle versions), while The Regimen is $45 and lasts 6 months (depending on how often you use it). If I were to compare the main ingredients (benzoyl peroxide), then The Regimen would beat Proactive, again. It's also extremely difficult to cancel your every 3 month renewal of Proactive (ships to you every 3 months, since it runs out at that point). They'll keep charging you and sending it, even when you cancel it. Untrustworthy company and a scam that uses celebrities to sell their product.

by TheNatural on 09/16/2015 23:46
I meant step 1 and 2, not 2 and 3 (in first sentence).
Don't waste your money, go see a dermatologist.
Reviewed on October 2, 2015

There's nothing special about Proactiv products. I was way better off buying gentler products at the drug store that didn't sting and turn my skin red. The only thing that this company is good at doing is making commercials. Don't trust them with your skin, go see a dermatologist if you're worried about acne.

by Be@r on 01/12/2016 06:07
BB NATURAL SPRAYS FIND US ON FACEBOOK. AMAZING PRODUCT
Does not work even in the slightest
Reviewed on September 21, 2015

This product is honestly a waste of money. I bought the whole step by step system and it did nothing but make my face worse and scarred. The first two days I used the cleanser it turned my face beet red for two days and then after a month of use I stopped because It only made things worse. Please don't waste your money .

very disappointed!!
Reviewed on September 20, 2015

I use proactive for more then 1 month now, but it doesn't help with nothing, and my face is more dry. Shame for the price I'm not going to buy it again!

Old to the New
Reviewed on September 20, 2015

I started using the old proactiv a couple of years ago. It was okay, I mean but overall it dried my skin out alot so I would often moisturize more and it would not be good since my skin is combination and oily so usually where there were dry patches, the whole part of the skin next to it would be oily, so that didn't really help. It also dried my skin out to the point where there were no pimples, yes, but through this it made my skin darker than it used to be, even the spots appeared darker. So I also ordered the new proactiv+ a couple of months ago in hopes for a newer and updated product and it caused me more breakouts and redness. So all in all proactv with me is like really dry, dark patchy skin or breakout skin with no significant healing of scars.

The product is not worth the money! and the CUSTOMER SERVICE SUCKS!!
Reviewed on September 14, 2015

would recommend people to never buy this! maybe the product is ok.. not worth the money.. but the service is horrible!!!

I ordered a product in september 2014 and returned it immediately as it was just automatically sent and I did not order it! they said its 60 day return and money back!

I NEVER GOT ANY MONEY BACK.. EVEN AFTER CALLING MULTIPLE TIMES!!! LATER ON THEY SAID THEY HAVE ALREADY PAID ME FOR IT.. i got fed up and never called them back!

NOW after 2yrs they call me back to say I need to pay an additional 45$ late fee!!

HORRIBLE SERVICE!

Proactive works...at first
Reviewed on September 11, 2015

I had mild to moderate acne, really oily skin so started using proactive when I was 19 at first it seemed to work well I would not break out at all maybe an occasional pimple but nothing bad

I used proactiv for almost 2 years then I started getting breakouts again, for 3 months this went on so I slowly backed away from proactiv from washing my face 2-3 times daily with it to Once every 2 days so I could try a different product, before I could try something new my acne came back with a vengeance after 3 months my face kept getting worse and worse I broke out worse than before I had tried proactiv, it was terrible, I thought about suicide at times, my acne was so bad it would interfere with my work, social life, and health, I know it was because of proactive. I am now trying a more natural way to deal with my acne and have changed my diet completely it has gotten better but I still have a long way to go. My advice to anyone thinking about proactiv is not to use it.

by Christine48 on 10/03/2015 16:28
Suicide? Really? Maybe you should spend your money on a psychiatrist rather than skin care products.
by Cenobio92 on 10/15/2015 18:51
@Christine48 I link acne with mild depression(personal experience), if you had severe cystnic acne you would understand, even a glimpse of what it can do to your self esteem, it truly is horrible I don't wish it upon anybody. Well that's my opinion then again I wouldn't argue with you the cost of $30 per month for topical acne vs hundreds for a psychiatrist visits without insurance( broke college student) but thanks for your concern.
by AlexBJones on 11/20/2015 00:18
@christine48, You're a cunt, you should invest in etiquette class. You tactless bitch
Professional thieves
Reviewed on September 11, 2015

My Aunt warned me about proactive but I didn't listen. I ordered the advanced oily kit for 29.95 + free shipping. Only to realize after checkout they had charged me an extra 5.00 for shipping. Funny right? When I checked my bank account they had charged my card 38.34. They better give my money back. Ayaka!

BAD NEVER BUY THIS SH*T
Reviewed on September 8, 2015

I had very little acne mostly clogged pores, So I wanted to get rid of that for more better skin. Little I knew I was getting into something I would never want to. After using this product just 2 days. I have millions of clogged pores all over my face, n itchy skin. Iam so frustrated and fed up. I learned from my mistake never again.

by Be@r on 01/12/2016 06:14
Benzoyl peroxide
Reviewed on September 2, 2015

Benzoyl peroxide, That's their main ingredient!! You can buy a %10 Benzoyl tube at Target for 5 bucks and save ur money and the hassle of dealing with a scamming company. Or break out the big gun with antibiotics or accutane, you can get it from ur dermatologist. It's very effective!!