Page 5 of Proactiv Solution Acne Treatment System reviews

2.6/5 - 4476 reviews

Brand: Proactiv Solution

RENEWING CLEANSER
Benzoyl Peroxide (2.5%).

Water (aqua), magnesium aluminum silicate, glyceryl stearate, PEG-100 stearate, sorbitol, dimethyl isosorbide, disodium PEG-12 dimethicone sulfosuccinate, tridecyl stearate, neopentyl glycol dicaprylate/dicaprate, polyethylene, cetyl esters, anthemis nobilis flower extract, sodium hyaluronate, sodium PCA, xanthan gum, tridecyl trimellitate, propylene glycol, Imidazolidinyl urea, methylparaben, propylparaben, fragrance (parfum).

REVITALIZING TONER
Ingredients:
Water (aqua), glycolic acid, hamamelis virginiana (witch hazel) extract, anthemis nobilis flower extract, rosa canina fruit extract, aloe barbadensis leaf juice, sodium PCA, panthenol, glycerin, propylene glycol, allantoin, polysorbate 20, hydroxyethylcellulose, sodium hydroxide, benzophenone-4, tetrasodium EDTA, imidazolidinyl urea, methylparaben, propylparaben, fragrance (parfum), blue 1 (CI 42090), yellow 5 (CI 19140).

REPAIRING TREATMENT
Benzoyl Peroxide (2.5%).

Water (aqua), ethoxydiglycol, cyclotetrasiloxane, cyclopentasiloxane, cetearyl alcohol, propylene glycol, dimethicone, glyceryl stearate, PEG-100 stearate, panthenol, allantoin, xanthan gum, ceteareth-20, carbomer, triethanolamine, diazolidinyl urea, methylparaben, propylparaben, fragrance (parfum).

DO NOT BUY THIS!!
Reviewed on March 3, 2015

I had a minor hormonal acne, so I decided to buy Proactiv in hope to clear up my skin. Immediately I began breaking out. I blew it off thinking it got worse before it got better. I kept using the products, but nothing got better.. at all. I have extremely sensitive skin, but I did not think an acne treatment would break me out. At first I stopped using the body wash that made my entire upper back severely break out, which had never happened before. Within a few days of not using the body wash, my entire back completely cleared up. After realizing this, I decided to stop using the face care items as well. Same results. My face completely cleared up and went back to my usual few pimples every now and then. Has anyone else had these awful results?!

by lizzie12345 on 03/03/2015 06:01
Also, this dried my skin out and made it flaky, which has never happened before. Please save your money and do not buy this!
TERRIBLE
Reviewed on March 2, 2015

Do not get this product! It ruined my face, towels, sheets and their customer service and ethics are a joke. Total scam.

WORST DECISION EVER!!!!!
Reviewed on February 18, 2015

I have bad acne that covers my whole cheeks. Its discolored and there are many red bumps and white heads on my cheeks. Over summer my mom bought me Proactiv and i decided to give it a shot. WORST DECISION EVER!!! this gave me such bad break out for long periods of time it even gave my big pimples on my forehead I dont really get pimple on my forehead my forhead is actually pretty clear. This stuff dried the crap out of my skin and flaked it. My face was so red and some reason my face turned brown my face got really brown i dont know why. I also hate the steps its to long for me to many steps. When i stop using Proactiv everything got better but i still have terrible acne and my face is ever more discolored and scarred from Proactiv wished i never used it. DONT EVEN THINK ABOUT USING THIS THERES BETTER PRODUCTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

by Vorzy on 03/12/2015 07:19
Skin products never work because the root of the problem is not with your skin.
Don't do it!
Reviewed on February 15, 2015

DO NOT order proactive yes it works, but they will charge you every month even if you cancel they will still charge you. I moved states and changed my address and I'm having to pay for boxes they are sending to my old address! I've called 4 times to give them my new address and they still can't get it right. They won't refund my money at all I've had to get a lawyer they've taken so much money from me. Ordering proactive was the worst mistake I've ever made. Do. Not. Do. It

An absolute con
Reviewed on February 5, 2015

I used the original proactive in high school with mild success but since they changed the formulation it's become in effective garbage at 3 times the old price. And be warned! Not only do they automatically send you a replacement 90 day kit and charge your credit card, but they now break the price of the 90 day kit up into 3 payments "for your convenience" without telling you so you don't realize the useless 90 day kit actually costs $150 not $64 until after their 60 day return is up. I would never purchase anything from them again and as a pharmacist I can tell you all that a bottle of 5% Benzoyl Peroxide from a local pharmacy will work better than proactiv's 2.5% version for much lower cost.

by thebigsister on 02/12/2015 00:56
My brother had a terrible experience with Proactive and I recently found a natural solution that is WAY EASIER. and i want to share it with everyone! Please check this out. One step easy. [link removed]
ehh
Reviewed on February 4, 2015

As a freshman in highschool, I had minimal breakouts. I used proactiv day and night and my skin never looked better. It made my skin brighter, more even, and clear. After a week and a half of treatment, it literally burned off my skin. I stopped the use of proactiv, suffering from peeling dry skin for nearly 6 months, all over my face. SO unappealing, SO itchy. After i stopped using this product, my skin also became oilier. do not reccomend twice a day use. do not use if you have even slightly sensitive skin. not a fan

THIS DOES NOT WORK! DON'T BUY
Reviewed on February 1, 2015

I had high hopes for this product because the commercials looked promising, and some family members had great results with this product. I don't have severe acne but a few pimples here and there. I have used this for 3 months and have seen no difference in the appearance of my face. I do not recommend this product to anyone! I will go back to using spectrol jel for blemish prone skin, no harsh chemicals and does not leave your face red and dry after use.

No thank you
Reviewed on January 25, 2015

Im 18 and have this acne that just doesn't seem to go away, but the last year it seems to be clearing up. definitely in these past 6 months. I drink nothing but water, and workout quite often and that seems to help. also being on birth control helped a lot. Proactive is a product that once you start, you can't stop.. ( in a bad way..) It keep my acne under control, but as soon as I stop using it I break out SO bad. I wouldn't recommend it..

No good
Reviewed on January 11, 2015

I had high hopes for Proactiv, with all the rave reviews I've read and heard about it. I used the whole system until I ran out. It helped clear a little but not enough to where I'd buy it again. Not that effective at all. I know that it works great for some people but did not work good for me. There are a lot of other cheaper and better treatments out there. Proper diet and exercise plus vitamins is what helped clear up my acne most.

DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH PROACTIVE!
Reviewed on January 9, 2015

A NO STAR RATING IF POSSIBLE!

I PLACED A ONE TIME ORDER TO PROACTIVE AND PAID MY BILL VIA CREDIT CARD. IN THE NEXT FEW MONTHS I RECEIVED ANOTHER SHIPMENT THAT I DID NOT ORDER. WITHOUT MY AUTHORIZATION, PROACTIVE CHARGED MY CREDIT CARD FOR A PRODUCT I DID NOT WANT OR ORDER.

I PROMPTLY RETURNED THEIR PRODUCT AND REQUESTED MY CREDIT CARD COMPANY TO REVERSE THE CHARGES THAT I DID NOT AUTHORIZE. AFTER SEVERAL MONTHS OF REPEATED UNAUTHORIZED CREDIT CARD CHARGES BY PROACTIVE, I EVENTUALLY HAD TO CANCEL MY CREDIT CARD TO ELIMINATE FUTURE UNAUTHORIZED CHARGES. 6 MONTHS LATER I CONTINUE TO RECEIVE BILLS FROM PROACTIVE THREATENING ME TO PAY MY BILL OR THEY WILL SEND MY ACCOUNT TO COLLECTIONS.

PROACTIVE HAS UNSCRUPULIOUS BUSINESS PRACTICES.

DO NOT GIVE PROACTIVE YOUR CREDIT CARD NUMBER!