Page 4 of Proactiv Solution Acne Treatment System reviews

2.6/5 - 4428 reviews

Brand: Proactiv Solution

RENEWING CLEANSER
Benzoyl Peroxide, 2.5%

Water (aqua), magnesium aluminum silicate, glyceryl stearate, PEG-100 stearate, sorbitol, dimethyl isosorbide, disodium PEG-12 dimethicone sulfosuccinate, tridecyl stearate, neopentyl glycol dicaprylate/dicaprate, polyethylene, cetyl esters, anthemis nobilis flower extract, sodium hyaluronate, sodium PCA, xanthan gum, tridecyl trimellitate, propylene glycol, Imidazolidinyl urea, methylparaben, propylparaben, fragrance (parfum).

REVITALIZING TONER
Ingredients:
Water (aqua), glycolic acid, hamamelis virginiana (witch hazel) extract, anthemis nobilis flower extract, rosa canina fruit extract, aloe barbadensis leaf juice, sodium PCA, panthenol, glycerin, propylene glycol, allantoin, polysorbate 20, hydroxyethylcellulose, sodium hydroxide, benzophenone-4, tetrasodium EDTA, imidazolidinyl urea, methylparaben, propylparaben, fragrance (parfum), blue 1 (CI 42090), yellow 5 (CI 19140).

REPAIRING TREATMENT
Benzoyl Peroxide, 2.5%.

Water (aqua), ethoxydiglycol, cyclotetrasiloxane, cyclopentasiloxane, cetearyl alcohol, propylene glycol, dimethicone, glyceryl stearate, PEG-100 stearate, panthenol, allantoin, xanthan gum, ceteareth-20, carbomer, triethanolamine, diazolidinyl urea, methylparaben, propylparaben, fragrance (parfum).

Proactiv Solution 4-pc. Acne Treatment System
updated: 10/24/2014 06:50 UTC

great product crappy customer service
Reviewed on July 8, 2014

Ive been using proactive for months and I love it but every time I call to order I can never just get what im ordering its always an upsell or oh let me add this....just let me order what I want.

and tonight was the worst! I ordered my 3 step for the month and asked to be sent to customer service to order and extra step one and the lady who anwsered for the "customer service" was so rude to say I needed to call back tomorrow to order again!! Whatif I wanted my whole order together? Im debating whether to order again!!!! I would recommend the product but the people selling it need a touch of kindness!

Great
Reviewed on June 27, 2014

Gets rid of my acne and blackheads. The only downside is that it burns for a couple of minutes.

Made my skin worse,
Reviewed on June 26, 2014

I bought proactiv+ with confidence knowing I would be under a money back guarantee if I didn't like it. I ordered the Teen kit. First off, they don't even offer a shipping address option. My billing and shipping addresses are different. I live in SC and my package got shipped to my parents place in Ohio! Customer service claimed they couldn't make any changes even after an hour of me ordering.

Finally after my mom re-mailed the package to me in SC I was excited to start the kit. First off, I used this everyday for a whole 30 days. I used the body bar for my back once a day with my shower. I used the 1/2/3 step products after I got out of the shower. During this 30 day period. I NOTICED NOTHING! and it looked like it was making my face worse. My back was clearing up, but very slowly. The products were too harsh for my face no matter the reformulation of proactiv+ so I QUIT and went all natural with the Oil Cleansing Method and organic Apple Cider Vinegar toner. After I stopped using Proactiv+ I got some cystic acne on my back, like 2 giant pimples on each shoulder blade. They were painful, but I let them be and after a week they were gone.

DO NOT use proactiv+ because,

1. the products could potentially make your skin WORSE because of all the benzoyl peroxide and chemicals in the products.

2. Even after the 60 day trial you won't get your money back until 4-6 weeks later....And even then who know what proactiv+ customer service will say. I just better get my $40 back

by StephCC on 07/10/2014 17:28
Me too!! Mine got worse!
A HUGE REGRET
Reviewed on June 23, 2014

I have tried drugstore products that work better than this!! My face, chest, and back have seemed to have gotten worse than before I started the Proactiv Plus and the cost is absolutely ridiculous for the crap that it claims to do! And I have tried so hard to cancel my service after they charged me TWICE for ONE SHIPMENT of a box. SO MAD ABOUT THIS. WILL NOT GO BACK TO PROACTIV EVER AGAIN.

by Rumple on 07/09/2014 04:15
Tell your bank about the extra charge. When businesses have done that to me, my bank has given me the $ back regardless of whether they could contact the company or not.
Bad customer service!
Reviewed on June 18, 2014

I ordered it the first time never knowing that i have to continue buying their product so about 1 month later they sent me the second package. I returned it and asked them to stop the continuous service. They charged me over $10 for the shipping. I didn't say anything because it was my fault for not knowing to cancel the service in the first place. About 3 weeks ago I received another box and was charged $43.97!! I called them and said to cancel the service but the lady said she will pause the service until September. I was like WTF? cancel it! I returned the box for the second time and just got $31.95 back after 3 weeks. I called them again because I am not paying for the shipping of the box I have never ordered. The guy on the phone was so rude; he won't even let me finished my sentence. They made me pay for the shipping when I already told them I DID NOT WANT IT and canceled the service!! I will never buy their products ever again! Also, not a good product for sensitive skin like mine. I experienced redness and dry skin after using this product.

Horrible!!
Reviewed on June 15, 2014

I have tried the original Proactiv and the Proactiv plus. They both did not work at all! Not to mention the cost is ridiculous for what it doesn't do. The only thing it did do was burn and ruin my skin. If anything it gave me more breakouts because my skin was so irritated. It made me feel terrible!! Thankfully I gave up on it and my skin is slowly recovering and clearing with more natural products. You do not have to feel a burn for a product to work!! DO NOT WASTE YOUR TIME AND MONEY ON PROACTIV!!!!

Proactiv has RUINED my skin!
Reviewed on June 14, 2014

I have very mild acne, usually showing up around my period and a few pimples here and there. I also have slightly uneven skin tone. Proactiv gave me horrible breakouts, nasty bright red pimples, and somehow given me acne scars that weren't there before! To top it all off, the refining mask has dried out my skin to the point of where I can't wear foundation because it makes my skin look crusty! I've quit using makeup and mosturized non-stop. But my skin continues to be horribly dry. Instead of giving me confidence, Proactiv has taken my confidence away! Will never purchase any Proactiv products again and will warn my friends not to use them!

Don't waste your money
Reviewed on June 7, 2014

I used this product years ago and it didn't work then and it doesn't work now. I gave it another try because supposedly it got better and now that I am older I thought maybe I wasn't using the product correctly the first time. The product left my face oily and I was breaking out worse than ever. I know there is an adjustment period but my skin could not handle it. Then there was an issue with billing and it took almost two months to straighten out with the company (and I still don't understand the random charges to my account) and every time I called they gave me a lousy explanation and basically they just wanted me off the phone despite the fact that they are a 1 800 number here to help at any time. Such poor customer service. Now I have a 3 month supply sitting around my house that was never opened that cost me almost $200. Ridiculous.

They are just mere money makers!!They never have good service at first, and second the products are not worth it!!
Reviewed on June 5, 2014

I have had acne problem for some 8 years now.And obviously i have tried many products.i have tried Tetracycline and used applications such as Benzoyl peroxide and Retin A.This did help me at some point,i would not say 100%.Although i stopped using this for 6 months and i started getting the acne back and thought would try the proactiv.This made my Acne worse!!I started getting those small white heads which then grow to be big bumps.Additionally it made my face really dry and look even more aged..So had to visit the dermatologist who had now prescribed me Doxycycline and some gentler cleanser and toning pads(made by the dermatologist himself)They have the baby smell in it..It looks much better now and my face feels baby soft and much softer.Now i just have to deal with my scars..

My advice is never buy this proactiv!!!They are just too harsh which makes acne worse

The fact it stains everything makes you wonder what damage it is doing to your skin!
Reviewed on June 3, 2014

I have had trouble with cheek acne since I was 14 years old, I am now 21 and I have used all sorts of creams, antibiotics but nothing has seemed to control my acne. It has got less calm over time but whether it's two pimples or 10 pimples it's still uncomfortable and embarrassing. So I gave proactiv a go after reading mixed reviews, I found it very harsh on my skin and it would bring out more pimples, and it stains everything!!! - which makes you think how harsh it is being on your skin. I used this product for 6 months and feel as if it did not do anything good for me. So my friend recommended a product called Clear Skincare, I started using the gel cleanser and smooth skin 8% cream and only 3 weeks later it has worked wonders for me - clearing my skin up and my skin feels amazingly smooth - I would recommended Clear Skincare with the gel cleanser and smooth skin 8% cream to anyone who is suffering with mild acne! Whilst trying these products I have also been taking minocycline 50 mg tablets twice daily and applying Epiduo (adapalene 1mg/g & benzoyl peroxide 25mg/g) on my face at night, prescribed by my doctor.