Page 4 of Proactiv Solution Acne Treatment System reviews

2.6/5 - 4477 reviews

Brand: Proactiv Solution

RENEWING CLEANSER
Benzoyl Peroxide (2.5%).

Water (aqua), magnesium aluminum silicate, glyceryl stearate, PEG-100 stearate, sorbitol, dimethyl isosorbide, disodium PEG-12 dimethicone sulfosuccinate, tridecyl stearate, neopentyl glycol dicaprylate/dicaprate, polyethylene, cetyl esters, anthemis nobilis flower extract, sodium hyaluronate, sodium PCA, xanthan gum, tridecyl trimellitate, propylene glycol, Imidazolidinyl urea, methylparaben, propylparaben, fragrance (parfum).

REVITALIZING TONER
Ingredients:
Water (aqua), glycolic acid, hamamelis virginiana (witch hazel) extract, anthemis nobilis flower extract, rosa canina fruit extract, aloe barbadensis leaf juice, sodium PCA, panthenol, glycerin, propylene glycol, allantoin, polysorbate 20, hydroxyethylcellulose, sodium hydroxide, benzophenone-4, tetrasodium EDTA, imidazolidinyl urea, methylparaben, propylparaben, fragrance (parfum), blue 1 (CI 42090), yellow 5 (CI 19140).

REPAIRING TREATMENT
Benzoyl Peroxide (2.5%).

Water (aqua), ethoxydiglycol, cyclotetrasiloxane, cyclopentasiloxane, cetearyl alcohol, propylene glycol, dimethicone, glyceryl stearate, PEG-100 stearate, panthenol, allantoin, xanthan gum, ceteareth-20, carbomer, triethanolamine, diazolidinyl urea, methylparaben, propylparaben, fragrance (parfum).

Disgusting!
Reviewed on May 5, 2015

I purchased this set with high hopes and within a few days my skin was awful. Sore, irritated and a worse break out then I started with. I was so disappointed when I received a second months worth and realised when I made the purchase I unintentionally opted for three months worth. However, the third month nothing arrived and even though I was charged I didn't dispute it as I absolutely can not bear this product! only to find the crooks took a further payment and entered me into a membership that you have to contact them to cancel AGAIN DID NOT EVEN SEND PRODUCTS! Customer service is shocking and I really hope they are picked up on watchdog! scandalous! I DO NOT recommend this product at all!!

Disappointing second go around
Reviewed on May 3, 2015

Hello! Writing this review to hopefully help someone in a similar situation. I purchased the 3 step kit at age 23 after remembering that I used it for 4-5 years in my teenage years and loved the results back then. Unfortunately, I believe that I am the case where it will not necessarily work the second time around (skin changes as you get older). I started using it and although it felt great, cleaned my skin, and even smelled great, I began getting the worst cystic acne I have ever had in my entire life. The reason why I went and purchased this kit in the first place was because I was having a lot more break outs than usual, but no cystic acne. When I used this, it got BAD, and is still bad a month later. I have stopped using it and am looking into other products that will hopefully work for my skin. Not only did I waste $75, but in my case- it made my skin much worse. Not to mention they won't stop calling and emailing me, even though I was very purposeful to not leave that information with the salesperson at the kiosk I purchased it from. I feel like this product CAN be good for some people, but it does not work for every type of acne like they make you think from the commercials.

Not even worth one starWORST PRODUCT! Made mine 10Xs worse
Reviewed on April 30, 2015

For someone who has bad skin all you want is to find a way to make it better to have "dream skin" proactive IS NOT the answer it sucks people in that are desperate to find a solution to the problem, it made my skin red and sore made my skin peel off!!even now I've stopped using it my skin is 10X worse now it's even more sensitive olily AND dry,especially for teenagers it's so hard to feel 100% confident in their own skin more so when they have bad skin,this product drys your skin out and does not prevent bad skin infant makes it worse and can cause all sorts of issues for when you are older all these products that rant about how they are the solution for good skin do this for money do not get sucked in unless you know something will work for you,I'm beyond fed up of all the fauls representation of these types of products it needs to stop as it is just lies

My acne turned into cystic acne. DON'T BUY IT.
Reviewed on April 29, 2015

Bought it when I was 15 made my acne turn into cystic acne. F**ks up your skin. Stains your clothes. They keep on insisting to keep buying the product. They never shut up. Once you buy it they take money away from you and send you bigger bottles without permission. DON'T EVER BUY THIS EVER.

Not worth it
Reviewed on April 24, 2015

I bought this when I was in Asia because of very convincing reviews that I read. However, it did not do the job on my acne. It could heal the existing zits (it takes time) but doesn't stop new ones from forming. I gave it the benefit of the doubt and waited until I used up the whole bottles. It didn't worsen my face, it just did nothing. Considering the price (it was expensive in Asia) and the time you'll commit to see the results, it's not worth it. Hope this helps.

Do not use Proactiv!!!
Reviewed on April 14, 2015

I used Proactiv during the summer after grade 8, and my mild acne cleared right up by the time grade 9 started, so about 2 months. I stopped using it since I thought there was no need to keep using it since my acne was all gone. Well, I was wrong. 2 months later, I start getting acne again, this time 5 times worse than it was before Proactiv. I'm still struggling with acne, and I'm now in the 10th grade. I can't seem to get rid of it. So if you are willing to pay for this expensive product and use it for basically the rest of your life, you can use it. But as for using it just until your acne clears up, I do not recommend it at all!!! Also, I found it really irritated my skin. It burned a lot and made it red. So it does work, but, only for a short period of time.

it just made my skin worse
Reviewed on April 9, 2015

Everytime I used it my face got really irritated and puffy. I thought maybe I was just using it wrong but after several times I realized it was just making my skin worse.

dont buy it
Reviewed on April 8, 2015

worst product, they will just keep taking your money every month. you face will be worst

Not worth the time
Reviewed on April 3, 2015

Proactiv was one of the first acne treatments I tried when I had very, very mild acne. Not only did it not work, but it basically stained every single thing it came into contact with. I was never able to use this stuff daily as it would completely dry out my skin, cause it to become very red and irritated, and just be very painful to apply. It ended up making my acne worse then it was before I started it. While I got rid of the 4-step treatment items, I actually ended up keeping their "Refining Mask" product they sometimes include in the box with the others (or you can purchase it separately) as it was pretty great at treating acne overnight. I'd just take a q-tip and spot treat with the Refining Mask on the break outs and leave it on overnight. In the morning I'd wash it off and the breakout, while not completely gone, would be much more reduced and tolerable than before. With all the acne routes you could take, I'd suggest avoiding this one and trying some other acne treatment sets, natural routes, or prescriptions. Really the only good thing I got from this Proactiv set was the Refining Mask.

Proactiv-works but not really effective
Reviewed on April 1, 2015

I have also had problems with acne since college until I started working, it is just mild but still disturbing. I had tried a lot of products including proactiv. It worked but no dramatic change happened. I think it's a burden financially to buy this product every two months without seeing any effect. The pimples and acnes are still coming back. Then one time, I had problem with my menstruation cycle- i have an irregular cycle. So I went to an OB-GYNE doctor and she prescribed me Gracial Pills for 6 months. It is to correct your menstrual cycle, a contraceptive plus anti-acne.I didn't know if it is really an anti-acne product but ever since I took the pills, my acne slowly disappeared and now, it's completely gone. I think the main reason for my acnes are imbalanced hormones. No joke girls.. I'm writing this to help those who would like to have acne-free face. I hope that this will also help you. :)