Page 3 of Proactiv Solution Acne Treatment System reviews

2.6/5 - 4524 reviews

Brand: Proactiv Solution

RENEWING CLEANSER
Benzoyl Peroxide (2.5%).

Water (aqua), magnesium aluminum silicate, glyceryl stearate, PEG-100 stearate, sorbitol, dimethyl isosorbide, disodium PEG-12 dimethicone sulfosuccinate, tridecyl stearate, neopentyl glycol dicaprylate/dicaprate, polyethylene, cetyl esters, anthemis nobilis flower extract, sodium hyaluronate, sodium PCA, xanthan gum, tridecyl trimellitate, propylene glycol, Imidazolidinyl urea, methylparaben, propylparaben, fragrance (parfum).

REVITALIZING TONER
Ingredients:
Water (aqua), glycolic acid, hamamelis virginiana (witch hazel) extract, anthemis nobilis flower extract, rosa canina fruit extract, aloe barbadensis leaf juice, sodium PCA, panthenol, glycerin, propylene glycol, allantoin, polysorbate 20, hydroxyethylcellulose, sodium hydroxide, benzophenone-4, tetrasodium EDTA, imidazolidinyl urea, methylparaben, propylparaben, fragrance (parfum), blue 1 (CI 42090), yellow 5 (CI 19140).

REPAIRING TREATMENT
Benzoyl Peroxide (2.5%).

Water (aqua), ethoxydiglycol, cyclotetrasiloxane, cyclopentasiloxane, cetearyl alcohol, propylene glycol, dimethicone, glyceryl stearate, PEG-100 stearate, panthenol, allantoin, xanthan gum, ceteareth-20, carbomer, triethanolamine, diazolidinyl urea, methylparaben, propylparaben, fragrance (parfum).

Buyer Beware!
Reviewed on March 9, 2016

I used proactive many years ago and had terrible experiences with their shady business practices, as well as their outdated methods, and lack of sophistication in resolving customer dissatisfaction. Many times I had called to cancel any further shipments (since you know they automatically send you tons of the product whether you need another shipment or not), and they would still bill my card and sometimes not even ship me the product. It became such a hassle I decided that I was done ordering from them. The product was fine, but the customer service was enough to send me in the opposite direction.

Having recently moved to a new area my skin has changed, and I had just received a flyer in the mail for a special $14.95 for the whole system with free shipping, and you could send a check. I thought, uhoh, this is a great offer, and at least I have the peace of mind that if I send a check they cannot continue to charge money to a credit card. Even though my senses said DO NOT order from them. They are a company with no financial integrity... I sent the check in anyway to place the order. This was in January and I still have not received my order. (2 months later) I want to make it VERY clear that they had already cashed my check 3 days after I had mailed the check.

I tried calling multiple people through customer service and well after being passed around to at least 5 people, including "managers". All Promised that someone would research this issue of the "lost check", and being told that someone would call me back. (which no body ever did). I was also told that there is no way to track check payments, and that they are sure that one day soon I will get a check reimbursed to me because Proactiv would never just keep somebody's money. I just laughed at that because if they couldn't ship me my product properly, how would they ever send me a check?. Ridiculous. Anyhow they basically told me that if I want to resolve this that ME, the CUSTOMER, who has already paid for a product I have not received, needs to do my own leg work. I need to get copies of the check, fax it in and hope that it gets resolved. I asked for the phone number to the billing department since I already have the check image on my online banking and I can email them or give all of the necessary information. To that I was told that there is NOT a phone number to call the billing department. What a fraud! I am not mad at the phone rep. as he is trained how to evade actually helping the customer get their money back.

To me, it is NOT about the money, as I really don't care very much about $15. However it is simply the principle of the matter that you cannot deal straight with a company as disorganized as this one.

not recommend
Reviewed on February 15, 2016

it waste of money and does not help my skin at all even worst it ruined my skin

Disappointment..
Reviewed on February 15, 2016

Im giving it 3 stars because it did clear me up for about 2 weeks, but then stopped working. I started using this in January and stopped in July. I was so fed up that I was paying so much and it was doing nothing.. If anything it was making the dark scars on my cheeks EVEN DARKER. The whole thing just felt like putting harsh chemicals all over your face.. I was really hoping it was going to work.. It has been working pretty well on my sister but her acne wasn't nearly as bad as mine. Maybe try it if you have not a lot of acne, but if you have cystic acne like me don't waste your money... Its not worth it.

Don't work takes more money!
Reviewed on February 6, 2016

Suffering from spot for many years not severe but clusters of them on times, not only did this make my spots worse but I hadn't read the small print (my mistake but who does?) which meant I had accidental signed up ad ended up paying £60 for more which I didn't even want!

Unfortunately 0 stars is not an option here.
Reviewed on February 2, 2016

This product is a scam. It does not work at all and they will over bill you exponentially even after you cancel your account. If Drs. Rodan and Fields are real doctors, they should be utterly ashamed to have their names connected with this product and company. I am currently looking into legal actions against Proactiv Solutions and/or Guthy-Renker for their billing practices.

Ruined my clothes
Reviewed on January 28, 2016

I hate proactive. It didn't help my skin and it bleached my clothes

Sulfur mask for acne
Reviewed on January 27, 2016

I watched the commercial and I was complelled to buy. I wasn't really impressed with the kit but I did like the Sulfur refining mask. So my Dermatologist recommended using a different brand that has been around for 50 years. He suggested using Joesoef Skin Care Sulfur soap 10% with .25% Salicylic Acid. After the first day I can see and feel the difference in my complexion. It's been 3 weeks now and my break outs have diminished even during my pms which is amazing. I've also added into my skin regimen their Joesoef Acne Sulfur 6.6% drying lotion, which I use as a spot treatment targeting my break out areas. I leave it on overnight for maxium affect. These Sulfur products are a must have and worth every penny. I haven't been back to my Dermatologist in months.

Ruined my skin!
Reviewed on January 25, 2016

My skin is really, really combination it can be different everyday and this completely ruined my sensitive skin. It was like sandpaper and took months to recover.

Definitely do not recommend

super disappointed.
Reviewed on January 5, 2016

the only time i had EVER gotten breakouts was of course, that time of the month ... until i started using proactive, i figured at first that it was just cleaning my skin.. bringing the dirt to the surface and that was just the start of the product... it wasnt! i used this product religiously, and it continuously dried my skin out (especially my t-zone) AND the breakouts continued, it took a couple months to get my skin back on track (re-hydrated and to stop breaking out)

i guess my skin just didn't react properly with this product, but it isn't something i would re-purchase. i spent a good 60 dollars on this and i'm super disappointed.

the ONE product i liked, and only liked it because it was zapping the pimples away was the refining mask. that's something you could buy on it's own and it would work just fine.

now back to the bad...the micro beads don't go into your skin and clean it out, it's almost like it glides over top.... like sandpaper. i believed to helped minimize the pimple but in the absolute wrong way! it seemed to be prone to give acne scarring because of the fact it wasn't getting rid of the pimple the proper way, just "sandpaper-ing" it away.

by Be@r on 01/12/2016 05:59
BB NATURAL SPRAYS find us on face book. Amazing product!
TRULY A SCAM !!!!!
Reviewed on January 5, 2016

FIRST THEY SEND ENOUGH PRODUCT TO LAST A LIFETIME, THEN COME ALL THE CHARGES,THEN DID NOT SEND PRODUCT,BUT CHARGES CONTINUED. CALLED CUSTOMER SERVICE, TO CANCEL...AND WAS ASSURED THAT I WAS PAID IN FULL AND THAT I WOULD NOT BE CHARGED AGAIN, BUT THEY KEEP CHARGING ME, WITH NO PRODUCT, AND EACH TIME THEY SAY THAT THEY WILL CANCEL AND THAT I OWE NO MORE...YET EVERY MONTH THEY CHARGE MY ACCOUNT.THIS PRODUCT ALSO BURNT AND DAMAGED MY DAUGHTER'S FACE, AND WHEN I TRIED IT...SAME RESULTS. STAY AWAY!!!!! VERY UNREPUTABLE /SCAM COMPANY. CUSTOMER SERVICE LIES!!!!

by Be@r on 01/12/2016 06:00
BB NATURAL SPRAYS find us on Facebook. Amazing product
by Valerie1987 on 01/28/2016 06:24
I never got scammed, but I heard they are known for that. Horrible company