Page 3 of Proactiv Solution Acne Treatment System reviews

2.6/5 - 4404 reviews

Brand: Proactiv Solution

RENEWING CLEANSER
Benzoyl Peroxide, 2.5%

Water (aqua), magnesium aluminum silicate, glyceryl stearate, PEG-100 stearate, sorbitol, dimethyl isosorbide, disodium PEG-12 dimethicone sulfosuccinate, tridecyl stearate, neopentyl glycol dicaprylate/dicaprate, polyethylene, cetyl esters, anthemis nobilis flower extract, sodium hyaluronate, sodium PCA, xanthan gum, tridecyl trimellitate, propylene glycol, Imidazolidinyl urea, methylparaben, propylparaben, fragrance (parfum).

REVITALIZING TONER
Ingredients:
Water (aqua), glycolic acid, hamamelis virginiana (witch hazel) extract, anthemis nobilis flower extract, rosa canina fruit extract, aloe barbadensis leaf juice, sodium PCA, panthenol, glycerin, propylene glycol, allantoin, polysorbate 20, hydroxyethylcellulose, sodium hydroxide, benzophenone-4, tetrasodium EDTA, imidazolidinyl urea, methylparaben, propylparaben, fragrance (parfum), blue 1 (CI 42090), yellow 5 (CI 19140).

REPAIRING TREATMENT
Benzoyl Peroxide, 2.5%.

Water (aqua), ethoxydiglycol, cyclotetrasiloxane, cyclopentasiloxane, cetearyl alcohol, propylene glycol, dimethicone, glyceryl stearate, PEG-100 stearate, panthenol, allantoin, xanthan gum, ceteareth-20, carbomer, triethanolamine, diazolidinyl urea, methylparaben, propylparaben, fragrance (parfum).

Proactiv Solution 4-pc. Acne Treatment System
updated: 07/31/2014 01:12 UTC

use Citrus Clear instead
Reviewed on May 15, 2014

I struggled with adult acne, which is different than teenage acne. My skin is very sensitive and prone to dryness and the Citrus Clear Sensitive Wash & Moisturizer are the only products that dont irritate my skin. I also use the Citrus Clear Spot Treatment - but i use it all over my face - not just in specific areas. This works the best all over the face. Its the only thing that managed to control my adult acne, without irritating my sensitive skin. . .and my skin is sensitive!

Worthless Treatment, Rude Representatives! Switched to OCM!
Reviewed on May 9, 2014

Proactiv has got to be one of the worst companies that I have had the misfortune of dealing with. I was starting to get small breakouts in various places, and decided that I was tired of it. So, I got on and ordered Proactiv. Signing up and getting the initial package was a task in itself. I made phone call after phone call. When I got signed up, they actually signed me up TWICE, so I was being charged double. They never explained to me that they were going to bill me over the course of three months to make it "cheaper." After 4 months of dry skin, breakouts, and rude service, I called to cancel. Now, I'm sure many other people have noticed; they hire people from everywhere. This is fine, but you CANNOT UNDERSTAND THEM. The representative refused to cancel my account, but put the account on hold. He told me that I would "regret canceling with Proactiv" that I will "want to come back." I was flustered, but I took what I could get. I called back a few weeks later and cancelled my account.

They charged me $40 two months later and sent me another package. I refused the package and USPS sent it back to them. I called later that day and said that I had "already canceled my account, and I expect to be refunded. I will be refusing anymore packages they try to send me." The representative had a serious attitude, and told me she would switch it out for something else. NO. I said I wanted a refund, and nothing more from their company. A month later, I received a refund, of $9. They refuse to refund me any more than that. I DO NOT RECOMMEND THIS COMPANY TO ANYONE.

I switched to OCM (Oil Cleansing Method) about 4 months ago, and my skin looks AMAZING. I highly suggest trying this before going to another company. You can find out more at the link below.

[link removed]

Not worth the time!
Reviewed on May 9, 2014

On top of the Proactiv company being extremely pushy and not very helpful, the products are very mediocre. Over a few weeks of using proactive my skin became irritated, gained more redness, and stayed dry even with using the "bonus moisturizer" that came with the set. My acne did clear up a little but my face was in such poor shape that I could not apply make up without it looking cakey or my face flaking it off. I highly, highly suggest looking into more gentle or even natural products for your skin. I am not 100% clear but my skin looks wonderful since I've stopped using proactive that the little acne that remains is hardly a bother.

Horrible product and company!!
Reviewed on May 1, 2014

I purchased Proactiv +, after using it for a month, not only did it not work but it made my skin worse. Then they over charged my bank account and after i called to get it refunded and to have the account cancelled, they never refunded me and they sent me a bill saying that i still owed them $87.00. I was hung up on twice while trying to resolve the problem and I couldn't understand 90% of what the representatives were saying to me. They still have not refunded my money and my skin is starting to look better now that i stopped using their product. I will never try anything company has again. Hopefully this information will deter future buyers so they wont have to go through what i'm still going through with this horrible company!

No help.
Reviewed on April 25, 2014

I used the Proactive Treatment for 3 months, religiously. At first I thought it will take time to work even though my skin kept on getting worse and worse each day. Then I just quit completely. Waste of money honestly, there are a lot of home made remedies that will definitely be a lot more effective then this. Overall, not worth spending money and time on.

Terrible Outcome!
Reviewed on April 22, 2014

I was given Proactive by a friend. It didn't work for him but he said it might work for me since we have different skin types. I tried it out and it seemed to work for me the first few days. 2 weeks later I find myself breaking out more than I already was. My acne became inflamed and my skin as of now is super dry. Another thing is, my skin began to look oily and elastic in the spots where I put on the spot treatment (3rd step.) Proactive is by far the worst acne treatment I have ever used in my life. I am 20 years old and never broke out in my life until I hit 19. Proactive was said to help get self-esteem back, instead it decreased mine even more. 5 weeks into this skincare and the only thing I have is dry, itchy/irritated, inflamed, and more pimples than before. DO NOT WASTE YOUR TIME!

Absolute waste of time and money!
Reviewed on April 19, 2014

If there was a negative 3 million rating for Proactive, I would select it. Proactive is a waste of time and money for lots and lots of people!! I played phone tag with them for months just to get TWO orders shipped... They comped a 30 day order of proactive to pacify me but even THAT wasn't worth the hassle. They got my address wrong so an order was returned to them, my account went into cancellation mode TWICE, the next order was never shipped, no expedited delivery for any of my troubles, and my last attempt to receive my replacement for the original order was never shipped either!! No expedited delivery on anything. The comped order was a waste of my hope that this proactive crap was going to work out! Please give your business to someone who deserves it and to a product that works! These people drove me mad.

Wow
Reviewed on April 17, 2014

When I first heard I was able to get proactive, I was deeply excited. My sister had used proactive in high school and is still using it out of college. I ordered it online, because that was the quickest and easiest way for me too, and it came in about 2 weeks later, long after it was supposed to get to my home. I brushed it off- I thought it was just a post office problem. I used it and my skin was amazing. I absolutely loved it!!! I ran out really quick though( which is sad because proactive is very expensive) and I ordered a new kit. Weeks passed, and still no proactive. By this time I had totally run out of face stuff and my skin was breaking out terribly. I called in and was accused of lying, but gave my parent the cell phone to talk, and finally, whoever was on the phone, acquiesced and sent another package. Weeks went by, and again, no package. I found out that I was charged for a kit I didn't get. So I called again, and I was told I had to pay a second time for another package. I didn't have the money nor the patience to keep trying with proactive. I got off, and now my skin is worse off than when I started using proactive. I would not recommend this to anyone, unless you have time, money, and patience to waste.

Disappointed
Reviewed on April 16, 2014

I have pretty severe acne and I've tried many different treatments. Proactiv was definitely one of the least effective for me. It made my skin red, flaky, and irritated. Didn't really help my breakouts. Not worth it for how insanely expensive it is. After giving it up the first time, I gave Proactiv a second chance but had the same experience. A close friend also tried it and she had the same negative results. I'm now using a simple soy face cleanser and my skin has never looked and felt better.

by Karie on 04/29/2014 21:04
Wow I cannot believe the reviews! And here I am thinking pro active was my only way out.. I have severe breakouts all over my face :/.. What face cleanser are you using If I may ask?
by Karie on 04/29/2014 21:04
Love love love!
Reviewed on April 14, 2014

I've been dealing with breakouts and mild ache for a long time now. Usually I get bumps on my forehead, blackheads on the sides of my nose and occasionally around the sides of my face. I also have a shocking habit of scratching and squeezing my skin which leaves scarring. I've used every bottle,lotion and "deep exfoliating" cream there is on the supermarket shelf, and yes, my skin feels smoother after use for around 10 mins but I've never really seen results that last. Until, I used proactiv. Twice daily I used proactiv on my skin and made a vow not to scratch my pimples. It's been 2 weeks and 3 days and there is literally not one pimple,bump, or scratch is on my skin. I seriously have never been so happy to see my skin clear! And in such a short time!The 3rd step (repair) really helped to get rid of the scarring I had and the cleanser and toner completely got rid off my blackheads and annoying lumps. I paid $80- the best and most effective $80 I have spent! Would recommend to anyone!!