Page 3 of Proactiv Solution Acne Treatment System reviews

2.6/5 - 4460 reviews

Brand: Proactiv Solution

RENEWING CLEANSER
Benzoyl Peroxide, 2.5%

Water (aqua), magnesium aluminum silicate, glyceryl stearate, PEG-100 stearate, sorbitol, dimethyl isosorbide, disodium PEG-12 dimethicone sulfosuccinate, tridecyl stearate, neopentyl glycol dicaprylate/dicaprate, polyethylene, cetyl esters, anthemis nobilis flower extract, sodium hyaluronate, sodium PCA, xanthan gum, tridecyl trimellitate, propylene glycol, Imidazolidinyl urea, methylparaben, propylparaben, fragrance (parfum).

REVITALIZING TONER
Ingredients:
Water (aqua), glycolic acid, hamamelis virginiana (witch hazel) extract, anthemis nobilis flower extract, rosa canina fruit extract, aloe barbadensis leaf juice, sodium PCA, panthenol, glycerin, propylene glycol, allantoin, polysorbate 20, hydroxyethylcellulose, sodium hydroxide, benzophenone-4, tetrasodium EDTA, imidazolidinyl urea, methylparaben, propylparaben, fragrance (parfum), blue 1 (CI 42090), yellow 5 (CI 19140).

REPAIRING TREATMENT
Benzoyl Peroxide, 2.5%.

Water (aqua), ethoxydiglycol, cyclotetrasiloxane, cyclopentasiloxane, cetearyl alcohol, propylene glycol, dimethicone, glyceryl stearate, PEG-100 stearate, panthenol, allantoin, xanthan gum, ceteareth-20, carbomer, triethanolamine, diazolidinyl urea, methylparaben, propylparaben, fragrance (parfum).

dont buy it
Reviewed on April 8, 2015

worst product, they will just keep taking your money every month. you face will be worst

Not worth the time
Reviewed on April 3, 2015

Proactiv was one of the first acne treatments I tried when I had very, very mild acne. Not only did it not work, but it basically stained every single thing it came into contact with. I was never able to use this stuff daily as it would completely dry out my skin, cause it to become very red and irritated, and just be very painful to apply. It ended up making my acne worse then it was before I started it. While I got rid of the 4-step treatment items, I actually ended up keeping their "Refining Mask" product they sometimes include in the box with the others (or you can purchase it separately) as it was pretty great at treating acne overnight. I'd just take a q-tip and spot treat with the Refining Mask on the break outs and leave it on overnight. In the morning I'd wash it off and the breakout, while not completely gone, would be much more reduced and tolerable than before. With all the acne routes you could take, I'd suggest avoiding this one and trying some other acne treatment sets, natural routes, or prescriptions. Really the only good thing I got from this Proactiv set was the Refining Mask.

Proactiv-works but not really effective
Reviewed on April 1, 2015

I have also had problems with acne since college until I started working, it is just mild but still disturbing. I had tried a lot of products including proactiv. It worked but no dramatic change happened. I think it's a burden financially to buy this product every two months without seeing any effect. The pimples and acnes are still coming back. Then one time, I had problem with my menstruation cycle- i have an irregular cycle. So I went to an OB-GYNE doctor and she prescribed me Gracial Pills for 6 months. It is to correct your menstrual cycle, a contraceptive plus anti-acne.I didn't know if it is really an anti-acne product but ever since I took the pills, my acne slowly disappeared and now, it's completely gone. I think the main reason for my acnes are imbalanced hormones. No joke girls.. I'm writing this to help those who would like to have acne-free face. I hope that this will also help you. :)

Be realistic!
Reviewed on March 5, 2015

I feel like anyone who has had bad experiences with Proactiv simply isn't using it right. Proactiv isn't a product you can buy once, use until the bottle is empty and then expect clear skin forever. You need to give it time to work. The first time I bought Proactiv the sales consultant explained to me that I'd be lucky to experience any significant changes in my skin within the first month. And that's simply because Proactiv isn't magic, and it isn't going to transform your skin overnight. Read the pamphlet, do what it says and you'll have clearer skin by the end of your first 3 months. I've been using it for about a year now and it has completely transformed my skin. I still get minor breakouts every now and then, but now I've got the products to control it.

DO NOT BUY THIS!!
Reviewed on March 3, 2015

I had a minor hormonal acne, so I decided to buy Proactiv in hope to clear up my skin. Immediately I began breaking out. I blew it off thinking it got worse before it got better. I kept using the products, but nothing got better.. at all. I have extremely sensitive skin, but I did not think an acne treatment would break me out. At first I stopped using the body wash that made my entire upper back severely break out, which had never happened before. Within a few days of not using the body wash, my entire back completely cleared up. After realizing this, I decided to stop using the face care items as well. Same results. My face completely cleared up and went back to my usual few pimples every now and then. Has anyone else had these awful results?!

by lizzie12345 on 03/03/2015 06:01
Also, this dried my skin out and made it flaky, which has never happened before. Please save your money and do not buy this!
TERRIBLE
Reviewed on March 2, 2015

Do not get this product! It ruined my face, towels, sheets and their customer service and ethics are a joke. Total scam.

WORST DECISION EVER!!!!!
Reviewed on February 18, 2015

I have bad acne that covers my whole cheeks. Its discolored and there are many red bumps and white heads on my cheeks. Over summer my mom bought me Proactiv and i decided to give it a shot. WORST DECISION EVER!!! this gave me such bad break out for long periods of time it even gave my big pimples on my forehead I dont really get pimple on my forehead my forhead is actually pretty clear. This stuff dried the crap out of my skin and flaked it. My face was so red and some reason my face turned brown my face got really brown i dont know why. I also hate the steps its to long for me to many steps. When i stop using Proactiv everything got better but i still have terrible acne and my face is ever more discolored and scarred from Proactiv wished i never used it. DONT EVEN THINK ABOUT USING THIS THERES BETTER PRODUCTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

by Vorzy on 03/12/2015 07:19
Skin products never work because the root of the problem is not with your skin.
Don't do it!
Reviewed on February 15, 2015

DO NOT order proactive yes it works, but they will charge you every month even if you cancel they will still charge you. I moved states and changed my address and I'm having to pay for boxes they are sending to my old address! I've called 4 times to give them my new address and they still can't get it right. They won't refund my money at all I've had to get a lawyer they've taken so much money from me. Ordering proactive was the worst mistake I've ever made. Do. Not. Do. It

An absolute con
Reviewed on February 5, 2015

I used the original proactive in high school with mild success but since they changed the formulation it's become in effective garbage at 3 times the old price. And be warned! Not only do they automatically send you a replacement 90 day kit and charge your credit card, but they now break the price of the 90 day kit up into 3 payments "for your convenience" without telling you so you don't realize the useless 90 day kit actually costs $150 not $64 until after their 60 day return is up. I would never purchase anything from them again and as a pharmacist I can tell you all that a bottle of 5% Benzoyl Peroxide from a local pharmacy will work better than proactiv's 2.5% version for much lower cost.

by thebigsister on 02/12/2015 00:56
My brother had a terrible experience with Proactive and I recently found a natural solution that is WAY EASIER. and i want to share it with everyone! Please check this out. One step easy. [link removed]
ehh
Reviewed on February 4, 2015

As a freshman in highschool, I had minimal breakouts. I used proactiv day and night and my skin never looked better. It made my skin brighter, more even, and clear. After a week and a half of treatment, it literally burned off my skin. I stopped the use of proactiv, suffering from peeling dry skin for nearly 6 months, all over my face. SO unappealing, SO itchy. After i stopped using this product, my skin also became oilier. do not reccomend twice a day use. do not use if you have even slightly sensitive skin. not a fan