Page 3 of Proactiv Solution Acne Treatment System reviews

2.6/5 - 4374 reviews

Brand: Proactiv Solution

RENEWING CLEANSER
Benzoyl Peroxide, 2.5%

Water (aqua), magnesium aluminum silicate, glyceryl stearate, PEG-100 stearate, sorbitol, dimethyl isosorbide, disodium PEG-12 dimethicone sulfosuccinate, tridecyl stearate, neopentyl glycol dicaprylate/dicaprate, polyethylene, cetyl esters, anthemis nobilis flower extract, sodium hyaluronate, sodium PCA, xanthan gum, tridecyl trimellitate, propylene glycol, Imidazolidinyl urea, methylparaben, propylparaben, fragrance (parfum).

REVITALIZING TONER
Ingredients:
Water (aqua), glycolic acid, hamamelis virginiana (witch hazel) extract, anthemis nobilis flower extract, rosa canina fruit extract, aloe barbadensis leaf juice, sodium PCA, panthenol, glycerin, propylene glycol, allantoin, polysorbate 20, hydroxyethylcellulose, sodium hydroxide, benzophenone-4, tetrasodium EDTA, imidazolidinyl urea, methylparaben, propylparaben, fragrance (parfum), blue 1 (CI 42090), yellow 5 (CI 19140).

REPAIRING TREATMENT
Benzoyl Peroxide, 2.5%.

Water (aqua), ethoxydiglycol, cyclotetrasiloxane, cyclopentasiloxane, cetearyl alcohol, propylene glycol, dimethicone, glyceryl stearate, PEG-100 stearate, panthenol, allantoin, xanthan gum, ceteareth-20, carbomer, triethanolamine, diazolidinyl urea, methylparaben, propylparaben, fragrance (parfum).

Proactiv Solution 4-pc. Acne Treatment System
updated: 04/19/2014 09:50 UTC

Thieves is a fitting description!
Reviewed on March 5, 2014

I have seen their ads on commercials millions of times and always thought I should try it. One day at home I decided to stop thinking and start doing. I called one of their numbers to see about placing an order. I get this man/woman (I cannot honestly say due to the accent) and start placing my order. Of course, its not a simple process to place an order because they try to force sell as many additional products as they can. I tell the person no on every up sale they offer me, we close up our discussion and I hang up. Six days later I get a letter in the mail from the bank telling me there are suspicious charges on my account. A purchase made in a different state, from a company I have no affiliation with, was made for $250. Since I've not used my new debit card once for anything other than the Proactiv, the banks theft department is investigating now. Never will I buy over the phone from a company or from Proactiv again. I can't even brkng myself to use the product I did buy.

So far, so good
Reviewed on March 4, 2014

I started using proactive 3 weeks ago. Since then I have seen a dramatic improvement in my acne. I still get a couple of blemishes here and there, but nothing compared to before. When I do get a break out, it clears up quickly with less residual scarring than normally. The packaging is good, price is a bit high but I'm willing to pay $40 or so a month for clear skin. The cleanser and treatment cream sting my skin a little. The toner smells weird. The moisturizer is nothing special. The sulphur mask, I've only used once so can't really comment.

About 4 days into use I noticed my skin getting super dry. I was expecting this and purchased a good moisturizer. Skin is still dry, but advice from other users suggests my skin will adjust to this over time and with a humid summer coming up I might actually be able to manage my normally very oily skin.

I am still only using it once a day and only use the BP treatment on areas prone to breakouts, avoiding mouth and eye area.

Haven't noticed any skin, hair or eyebrow discolouration or improvement in old acne scars and hyper pigmentation.

Instead of Proactiv - try Citrus Clear
Reviewed on February 26, 2014

I've experimented with dozens of different acne products - and the only ones that worked were the Citrus Clear Control Acne Kit. It's cheaper than Pro-active and less harsh on the skin. The Citrus Clear Moisturizer can sometimes flake a little.

I would also recommend using Citrus Clear for at least two weeks in order to see results. I definitely noticed a difference if I forgot to use the cleanser before going to bed so make sure you use it twice a day!!

I also love that you only need a tiny bit of each product to cover your whole face!

A fraud company
Reviewed on February 23, 2014

Same situation as another user laurasmith0719.

It only works for the first month, then the worse breakout came out.

So I thought I cancel my subscription from their website, but they keep charge me money for another two month without send me anything.

After calling them, then I was told I will get my money back by send the sealed products back. I did it as exactly what they asked. And call them again, they told me I have to wait for another two month, which they called it billing circle.

Now three month passed, I did not get a penny back.

The worst shopping experience ever. If you really want to use it, buy it from somewhere else, amazon, ebay, ect. Not subscribe on their website, which is a totally disaster!!!

I will not recommend it to anyone!!!

Thank you Proactiv!!!
Reviewed on February 20, 2014

I promised myself that when I finally found something that worked to stop my acne, I would write a review for it. Well, that day has come thanks to Proactiv. I knew about Proactiv a few years ago when I began to try getting rid of my acne. I didn't even bother to try it though because I figured it was just all hype. over the last few years I've tried everything. I know people say they've tried everything, but I've tried more than that. I have tried all the brands of products you find in rite aid. If you see something there, I've probably tried it. I've tried mud masks, and all that other stuff you get online as well. I've even tried acne.org's solution. None of it ever worked. Sometimes they'd work at first, but it would stop. This WORKS. I have to moisturize a lot because I have sensitive skin, but it's worth it to have a clear face. Now I'm not saying that I have zero blackheads or that I never breakout. I do, but Proactive clears that stuff up right up when it comes. Oh, and I only have to use it once a day! ;)

Disappointing, waste of money.
Reviewed on February 19, 2014

I was breaking out terribly and saw the commercial and had my mom buy it. It worked very well at first, then when all my acne cleared up I stopped using it. Then I broke out WAY worse then I had ever had before. It was SO bad. Then I started using if again, and it made my skin bloated, red, itchy, tight, and down right hurt to touch it! DO NOT buy!

Horrible and Disappointing
Reviewed on February 18, 2014

I have had trouble with acne for over 8 years now and I have desperately consulted with dermatologists and doctors in the hope of a cure. I have tried almost everything Doxycycline, Erythromicine, Clearasil, Clean and Clear, Cetaphil, Duac and the list goes on.. I had seen and heard a lot about Proactiv and decided to give it a go. It was an expensive mistake... I have been using it for 3 months now and my acne has got unbelievably worse and it is now the most painful and uncomfortable and severe it has ever been! I honestly have nothing good to say about Proactiv, it is a complete scam! I certainly won't be recommending it to ANYBODY!

Terrible!
Reviewed on February 18, 2014

I was breaking out really bad before my prom and a friend of mine recommended it and let me use hers. THANK GOD I DID NOT PURCHASE IT MYSELF. I only used it ONCE and the next day my whole skin was burning to the point of crying and wanted to itch my face off. It was bright red (hard for someone who is naturally tan) and peeling. I had to go to an esthetician to calm it down. I have used other products before that irritated my skin and made it itchy, dry and red but never like this. It didnt even hep with the acne!

All around horrible
Reviewed on February 17, 2014

I, too, had to deal with these scam artists and their "return" policy. The product make my skin so dry and my cystic acne got no better, if anything, it just became more painful. Around my nose became so flaky and tight that I couldn't blow my nose or smile without fear that my skin would crack. I called the company to cancel and sure enough, I was charged and another shipment was at my door. I called again, got the run around that I would be cancelled and refunded. Once again I received another package and another charge. I know how this process works though, I work in customer service myself. I called the company, politely told the girl I would be reporting their "scam" to the BBB and hung up while she was in the process of telling me it wasn't necessary. I went on the BBB's website and complained about the unauthorized charges (along with 1,000+ other people). Within 3 days I received an apology phone call from a supervisor assuring me I would receive my refund. I mentioned I worked in customer service and if I were to treat my customers this way I'd be fired, and they should be ashamed of themselves. She said this isn't "common" and it was a mistake in the computer. I reminded her the BBB website shows thousands of other complaints so the problem may be larger than she wants to admit. I did receive my refund and closed my complaint with the BBB. The bottom line is this product does not work, its harsh and expensive and nothing more than glorified benzoyl peroxide and toner. I have since found a combination that works for my skin. Please do not allow this, or any other company, to bully you into losing your money. It's easy to just get frustrated and count it as a loss but DON'T! Complain to the BBB and get your money back!! Hold them accountable for their actions. They want nothing more than to keep their false A+ rating and by not reporting the problem your only adding to it. I received my refund when I took action against them. Don't be a victim. We already are dealing with this awful condition.

Used it for 13 years. It works.
Reviewed on February 15, 2014

I was looking for some reviews on newer proactive products I was thinking of trying and came across the site. The negative reviews shocked me. Im 36 yrs old and have been using proactive since I got engaged, 13 years ago. It seems most people complained about customer service or the cost. In the last 13 yrs I have not had any issues. Once they sent me the wrong cleanser, I called they sent me the correct one and let me keep the wrong one. I pay about $45 every two months. $22.50 a month to have clear skin is just fine with me. I tried everything, Proctiv works. When I first started using it people would compliment how smooth my skin looked, and ask what Im using. THAT never happened before. I did notice that when I stop using acne does start coming back. If your considering, please give it a try, you could be missing out. They now have sensitive skin version also.