Page 2 of Proactiv Solution Acne Treatment System reviews

2.6/5 - 4414 reviews

Brand: Proactiv Solution

RENEWING CLEANSER
Benzoyl Peroxide, 2.5%

Water (aqua), magnesium aluminum silicate, glyceryl stearate, PEG-100 stearate, sorbitol, dimethyl isosorbide, disodium PEG-12 dimethicone sulfosuccinate, tridecyl stearate, neopentyl glycol dicaprylate/dicaprate, polyethylene, cetyl esters, anthemis nobilis flower extract, sodium hyaluronate, sodium PCA, xanthan gum, tridecyl trimellitate, propylene glycol, Imidazolidinyl urea, methylparaben, propylparaben, fragrance (parfum).

REVITALIZING TONER
Ingredients:
Water (aqua), glycolic acid, hamamelis virginiana (witch hazel) extract, anthemis nobilis flower extract, rosa canina fruit extract, aloe barbadensis leaf juice, sodium PCA, panthenol, glycerin, propylene glycol, allantoin, polysorbate 20, hydroxyethylcellulose, sodium hydroxide, benzophenone-4, tetrasodium EDTA, imidazolidinyl urea, methylparaben, propylparaben, fragrance (parfum), blue 1 (CI 42090), yellow 5 (CI 19140).

REPAIRING TREATMENT
Benzoyl Peroxide, 2.5%.

Water (aqua), ethoxydiglycol, cyclotetrasiloxane, cyclopentasiloxane, cetearyl alcohol, propylene glycol, dimethicone, glyceryl stearate, PEG-100 stearate, panthenol, allantoin, xanthan gum, ceteareth-20, carbomer, triethanolamine, diazolidinyl urea, methylparaben, propylparaben, fragrance (parfum).

Proactiv Solution 4-pc. Acne Treatment System
updated: 09/16/2014 22:04 UTC

Horrible Company EVER!!!!
Reviewed on July 25, 2014

The Proactive doesn't work!!!! The truth is that the company is a big ASS lie!!!! The product makes your skin really dry, red and looks horribly!!! IT DOESN'T WORK!!!! Proactive has the worst customer service department I have ever had the displeasure of working with. They took my credit card information and after 5 months I found out that they sent me just 2 kit products and they charged me almost 400$!!!!!!!!! for nothing. After I called them and I found out that the products actually do not costs as mush as it is on commercial or on their website but cost way more much! If they're telling you that the kit with products costs 35-40$ is a totally LIE!!! After they charged me 400$ they told me that one kit with 3 products costs 130$!!!!!! The representatives were horrible, rude, and didn't give me the information I needed to clear the account. They are just liars. Proactive is a complete rip off and horrendously managed to boot. Don't waste your money. Horrible product, horrible customer service EVER, rude and aggressive!!!! DO NOT WASTE YOUR MONEY!!!!!!!!! I won't give this horrible company no star for review!

by daizy485 on 08/07/2014 12:53
Totally agree with this persons comment. I wish I had read this and done some research on the company before purchasing the product. I also found that when I would cleanse my skin, it would sting terribly. Very aggressive customer service and they took money from my account. I will be taking further action via trading standards
Terrible Product. Terrible Company.
Reviewed on July 22, 2014

The treatment didn't work for me and caused major irritation leaving my skin peeling and raw. I will also say that proactive has the worst customer service department I have ever had the displeasure of working with. They took my credit card information at the time of purchase but didn't actually charge my account and then sent me to collections for a product I thought I had already paid for. I spent month attempting to work out the situation. The representatives were horrible, rude, and didn't give me the information I needed to clear the account. Proactive is a complete rip off and horrendously managed to boot. If I could give it no stars I would. Don't waste your money.

Not worth the money
Reviewed on July 17, 2014

Moderate acne. Fell for this as a teenager. Used it for over a year. It helped some with the acne but not much more than OTC treatments. Left my skin with bad texture and looking desperate. I've since had better luck with home remedies. I think part of the problem is we always attack our face instead of nourishing and supporting it. Proactive did nothing to nourish my skin leaving is looking half-dead.

Adam Levine doesn't know what he's talking about -- Proactiv+ is a bad idea
Reviewed on July 15, 2014

I've been using Proactiv for about 3 years. I virtually had flawless skin after using it for 6 months. However, early this year I started breaking out. I tried Proactiv+, as it claimed to be improved and better for your skin (I have sensitive skin), but my acne got worst. I now have scarring and 2-3 new pimples every morning. I canceled the product & the rep tried to sell me other products in the process. I don't know what to do now. I never had acne in puberty, but now I have breakouts in my early 20s. I've tried over the counter products, including Panoxyl (10% benzoyl peroxide), and even a $30 kit from France. Trusting products that are endorsed by celebrities obviously isn't beneficial. I will be trying acne.org's products before I turn to a dermatologist for a prescription.

not good
Reviewed on July 11, 2014

This stuff does not work at all. It makes your face red and flaky. I would use epiduo that stuff actually works.

Initially helped clear up a bit, but made it WORSE after 8 weeks!
Reviewed on July 10, 2014

I'm 25 and have had acne for 15 years. Yes, my first pimple was when I was 10 and I started breaking out when I was in middle school full force in 7th grade, so I've tried it all (antibiotics, facials, topicals, even Accutane twice). I even first tried Proactiv in high school and thought since I'm older now it could work. Recently, I tried Proactiv+ . Now, I know on the site they disclose in FAQ that nodular/cystic should get professional attention, and Proactiv+ will likely not help. Although I have nodular acne, I also still have black and whiteheads I'd hoped it would take care of. I was hoping to at least clear some of the tiny, petty bumps and little breakouts after I stopped the oral antibiotic prescription I'd been on and wanted a way to keep my face under control. At first it did rein in the redness and some developing acne WITHIN A DAY! Wow, was I excited! Then midway through my second kit, my jawline and cheeks went CRAZY. Nodular as well as whitehead acne all over the place!!! Embarrassing! Even with reduced amount of product use, it made my skin feel dry and itch. Today I saw my dermatologist and will be trying antibiotics again since they worked pretty well and I guess I just can't live without them since it's probably my genetics and/or hormones. I can't risk scarring and embarrassing break outs anymore. And when it's your face you're dealing with, you need a product to work in a timely manner! I cancelled Proactiv+ today, and I wish it worked out. I recommend to anyone with similar issues as me to go on antibiotics/oral prescription drugs. Good luck to you all and save your time and emotion from Proactiv+! 2 stars because it helped in the beginning, but in the end, Proactiv+ Solution was NOT a solution:(

great product crappy customer service
Reviewed on July 8, 2014

Ive been using proactive for months and I love it but every time I call to order I can never just get what im ordering its always an upsell or oh let me add this....just let me order what I want.

and tonight was the worst! I ordered my 3 step for the month and asked to be sent to customer service to order and extra step one and the lady who anwsered for the "customer service" was so rude to say I needed to call back tomorrow to order again!! Whatif I wanted my whole order together? Im debating whether to order again!!!! I would recommend the product but the people selling it need a touch of kindness!

Great
Reviewed on June 27, 2014

Gets rid of my acne and blackheads. The only downside is that it burns for a couple of minutes.

Made my skin worse,
Reviewed on June 26, 2014

I bought proactiv+ with confidence knowing I would be under a money back guarantee if I didn't like it. I ordered the Teen kit. First off, they don't even offer a shipping address option. My billing and shipping addresses are different. I live in SC and my package got shipped to my parents place in Ohio! Customer service claimed they couldn't make any changes even after an hour of me ordering.

Finally after my mom re-mailed the package to me in SC I was excited to start the kit. First off, I used this everyday for a whole 30 days. I used the body bar for my back once a day with my shower. I used the 1/2/3 step products after I got out of the shower. During this 30 day period. I NOTICED NOTHING! and it looked like it was making my face worse. My back was clearing up, but very slowly. The products were too harsh for my face no matter the reformulation of proactiv+ so I QUIT and went all natural with the Oil Cleansing Method and organic Apple Cider Vinegar toner. After I stopped using Proactiv+ I got some cystic acne on my back, like 2 giant pimples on each shoulder blade. They were painful, but I let them be and after a week they were gone.

DO NOT use proactiv+ because,

1. the products could potentially make your skin WORSE because of all the benzoyl peroxide and chemicals in the products.

2. Even after the 60 day trial you won't get your money back until 4-6 weeks later....And even then who know what proactiv+ customer service will say. I just better get my $40 back

by StephCC on 07/10/2014 17:28
Me too!! Mine got worse!
A HUGE REGRET
Reviewed on June 23, 2014

I have tried drugstore products that work better than this!! My face, chest, and back have seemed to have gotten worse than before I started the Proactiv Plus and the cost is absolutely ridiculous for the crap that it claims to do! And I have tried so hard to cancel my service after they charged me TWICE for ONE SHIPMENT of a box. SO MAD ABOUT THIS. WILL NOT GO BACK TO PROACTIV EVER AGAIN.

by Rumple on 07/09/2014 04:15
Tell your bank about the extra charge. When businesses have done that to me, my bank has given me the $ back regardless of whether they could contact the company or not.