Page 2 of Proactiv Solution Acne Treatment System reviews

2.6/5 - 4454 reviews

Brand: Proactiv Solution

RENEWING CLEANSER
Benzoyl Peroxide, 2.5%

Water (aqua), magnesium aluminum silicate, glyceryl stearate, PEG-100 stearate, sorbitol, dimethyl isosorbide, disodium PEG-12 dimethicone sulfosuccinate, tridecyl stearate, neopentyl glycol dicaprylate/dicaprate, polyethylene, cetyl esters, anthemis nobilis flower extract, sodium hyaluronate, sodium PCA, xanthan gum, tridecyl trimellitate, propylene glycol, Imidazolidinyl urea, methylparaben, propylparaben, fragrance (parfum).

REVITALIZING TONER
Ingredients:
Water (aqua), glycolic acid, hamamelis virginiana (witch hazel) extract, anthemis nobilis flower extract, rosa canina fruit extract, aloe barbadensis leaf juice, sodium PCA, panthenol, glycerin, propylene glycol, allantoin, polysorbate 20, hydroxyethylcellulose, sodium hydroxide, benzophenone-4, tetrasodium EDTA, imidazolidinyl urea, methylparaben, propylparaben, fragrance (parfum), blue 1 (CI 42090), yellow 5 (CI 19140).

REPAIRING TREATMENT
Benzoyl Peroxide, 2.5%.

Water (aqua), ethoxydiglycol, cyclotetrasiloxane, cyclopentasiloxane, cetearyl alcohol, propylene glycol, dimethicone, glyceryl stearate, PEG-100 stearate, panthenol, allantoin, xanthan gum, ceteareth-20, carbomer, triethanolamine, diazolidinyl urea, methylparaben, propylparaben, fragrance (parfum).

Proactiv Solution Acne Treatment System

My acne turned into cystic acne. DON'T BUY IT.
Reviewed on April 29, 2015

Bought it when I was 15 made my acne turn into cystic acne. F**ks up your skin. Stains your clothes. They keep on insisting to keep buying the product. They never shut up. Once you buy it they take money away from you and send you bigger bottles without permission. DON'T EVER BUY THIS EVER.

Not worth it
Reviewed on April 24, 2015

I bought this when I was in Asia because of very convincing reviews that I read. However, it did not do the job on my acne. It could heal the existing zits (it takes time) but doesn't stop new ones from forming. I gave it the benefit of the doubt and waited until I used up the whole bottles. It didn't worsen my face, it just did nothing. Considering the price (it was expensive in Asia) and the time you'll commit to see the results, it's not worth it. Hope this helps.

Do not use Proactiv!!!
Reviewed on April 14, 2015

I used Proactiv during the summer after grade 8, and my mild acne cleared right up by the time grade 9 started, so about 2 months. I stopped using it since I thought there was no need to keep using it since my acne was all gone. Well, I was wrong. 2 months later, I start getting acne again, this time 5 times worse than it was before Proactiv. I'm still struggling with acne, and I'm now in the 10th grade. I can't seem to get rid of it. So if you are willing to pay for this expensive product and use it for basically the rest of your life, you can use it. But as for using it just until your acne clears up, I do not recommend it at all!!! Also, I found it really irritated my skin. It burned a lot and made it red. So it does work, but, only for a short period of time.

it just made my skin worse
Reviewed on April 9, 2015

Everytime I used it my face got really irritated and puffy. I thought maybe I was just using it wrong but after several times I realized it was just making my skin worse.

dont buy it
Reviewed on April 8, 2015

worst product, they will just keep taking your money every month. you face will be worst

Not worth the time
Reviewed on April 3, 2015

Proactiv was one of the first acne treatments I tried when I had very, very mild acne. Not only did it not work, but it basically stained every single thing it came into contact with. I was never able to use this stuff daily as it would completely dry out my skin, cause it to become very red and irritated, and just be very painful to apply. It ended up making my acne worse then it was before I started it. While I got rid of the 4-step treatment items, I actually ended up keeping their "Refining Mask" product they sometimes include in the box with the others (or you can purchase it separately) as it was pretty great at treating acne overnight. I'd just take a q-tip and spot treat with the Refining Mask on the break outs and leave it on overnight. In the morning I'd wash it off and the breakout, while not completely gone, would be much more reduced and tolerable than before. With all the acne routes you could take, I'd suggest avoiding this one and trying some other acne treatment sets, natural routes, or prescriptions. Really the only good thing I got from this Proactiv set was the Refining Mask.

Proactiv-works but not really effective
Reviewed on April 1, 2015

I have also had problems with acne since college until I started working, it is just mild but still disturbing. I had tried a lot of products including proactiv. It worked but no dramatic change happened. I think it's a burden financially to buy this product every two months without seeing any effect. The pimples and acnes are still coming back. Then one time, I had problem with my menstruation cycle- i have an irregular cycle. So I went to an OB-GYNE doctor and she prescribed me Gracial Pills for 6 months. It is to correct your menstrual cycle, a contraceptive plus anti-acne.I didn't know if it is really an anti-acne product but ever since I took the pills, my acne slowly disappeared and now, it's completely gone. I think the main reason for my acnes are imbalanced hormones. No joke girls.. I'm writing this to help those who would like to have acne-free face. I hope that this will also help you. :)

Be realistic!
Reviewed on March 5, 2015

I feel like anyone who has had bad experiences with Proactiv simply isn't using it right. Proactiv isn't a product you can buy once, use until the bottle is empty and then expect clear skin forever. You need to give it time to work. The first time I bought Proactiv the sales consultant explained to me that I'd be lucky to experience any significant changes in my skin within the first month. And that's simply because Proactiv isn't magic, and it isn't going to transform your skin overnight. Read the pamphlet, do what it says and you'll have clearer skin by the end of your first 3 months. I've been using it for about a year now and it has completely transformed my skin. I still get minor breakouts every now and then, but now I've got the products to control it.

DO NOT BUY THIS!!
Reviewed on March 3, 2015

I had a minor hormonal acne, so I decided to buy Proactiv in hope to clear up my skin. Immediately I began breaking out. I blew it off thinking it got worse before it got better. I kept using the products, but nothing got better.. at all. I have extremely sensitive skin, but I did not think an acne treatment would break me out. At first I stopped using the body wash that made my entire upper back severely break out, which had never happened before. Within a few days of not using the body wash, my entire back completely cleared up. After realizing this, I decided to stop using the face care items as well. Same results. My face completely cleared up and went back to my usual few pimples every now and then. Has anyone else had these awful results?!

by lizzie12345 on 03/03/2015 06:01
Also, this dried my skin out and made it flaky, which has never happened before. Please save your money and do not buy this!
TERRIBLE
Reviewed on March 2, 2015

Do not get this product! It ruined my face, towels, sheets and their customer service and ethics are a joke. Total scam.