Proactiv Solution Repairing Lotion 2.5% Benzoyl Peroxide reviews

Brand: Proactiv Solution

Active ingredient:
Benzoyl Peroxide 2.5%.

Inactive ingredients:
water (aqua), ethoxydiglycol, cyclotetrasiloxane, propylene glycol, cetearyl alcohol, dimethicone, glyceryl stearate, PEG-100 stearate, cyclopentasiloxane, panthenol, allantoin, xanthan gum, ceteareth-20, carbomer, triethanolamine, diazolidinyl urea, methylparaben, propylparaben, fragrance (parfum).

Proactiv Solution Original Repairing Lotion 2 oz
updated: 08/27/2014 14:23 UTC
Proactiv Repairing Lotion Super Size 4 oz
updated: 08/27/2014 14:23 UTC

Didn't do it for me - made it worse...
Reviewed on March 24, 2014

I have very oily skin, with dark spots, and frequent acne breakouts. I used this about 2 years ago. Proactive just didn't work for me. I kept at it for awhile. It just made my skin breakout more. I switched to Acne.org and never looked back.

That being said, it has worked for one of my friends.

Used in junior high, didn't do much.
Reviewed on February 25, 2014

It only worked for a short time before it made my skin break out

I love it!
Reviewed on January 13, 2014

Let me start by saying of the whole line of proactiv I only use this, and I love it. I wash my face with the dove quarter moisture bar use the repairing lotion and then finish with Burt's bee's intense moisture lotion. My skin is tight and clear and beautiful! :)

Large piece in an ugly puzzle
Reviewed on November 25, 2013

At first my skin, and I, adored this product. It provided a lasting clear feeling and texture like no other product. My face quickly got used to the BP I was using and refused to show steady results. I noticed my skin was losing the youthfulness that makes someone look attractive. Instead it was dry and completely deprived of any type of moisture. This led to my skin overproducing oil in very small time intervals which exasperated my acne into so many little bumps and greasiness like nothing I've ever seen. I am now convinced that there is no product that will work and I must resort to caveman regemine

HORRIBLE!!
Reviewed on June 5, 2013

I found that Proactiv really worked. That is, until I woke up to large, almost swollen shut eyes and a face that was so red, it looked worse than a sun burn. I went to the clinic and they said the swelling might not go down in time for my graduation. When I googled this, I read that many people have this problem. It usually appears when someone uses it for a while, stops for more than a week, then continues again. Most people have this happen after years of use, but it only took me four months for side effects to occur. If I could rate this product zero out of five stars, I would.

Wish me luck.

Reviewed on March 9, 2013

I buy the repairing lotion separately and use it for my BP step of the regimen. It's the only thing that hasn't clumped with my moisturizer. Last time I read the product recommendations for the regimen, it said gels didn't cause clumping, but every gel causes it for me. Even Dan's BP clumped. Definitely don't use it without moisturizing afterward, though. The proactiv instructions say to do that, but if you do that, your skin might be really dry.

Reviewed on August 27, 2012

I used the proactiv system for over a year, then one day I noticed my eyes were puffy (and I never put it near my eyes). After stopping use, it is 2 years later and I tried using a different 2.5% benzoyl peroxide gel for acne around my mouth and on my jawline. Again, nowhere near my eyes, but my ENTIRE face was swollen the next morning and my eyes looked like they had been through 10 boxing rounds. Swollen for 3 days! I am horribly allergic now, and can't use any benzoyl peroxide at all, anywhere. Will have to stick to AHA or salicylic acid.

Reviewed on February 9, 2012

works better than some, but better off sticking to cheaper products that work better with less hype

Reviewed on October 17, 2011

My skin was sticky all the time. I wasn't sure whether it was this product or the moisturizer. I changed treatments, not moisturizer, and the stickiness went away. So I know it was from this. Plus, it BURNS! Not worth the money.