Proactiv Solution Repairing Lotion 2.5% Benzoyl Peroxide reviews

Brand: Proactiv Solution

Active ingredient:
Benzoyl Peroxide (2.5%).

Inactive ingredients:
Water (Aqua), Ethoxydiglycol, Cyclotetrasiloxane, Propylene Glycol, Cetearyl Alcohol, Dimethicone, Glyceryl Stearate, PEG-100 Stearate, Cyclopentasiloxane, Panthenol, Allantoin, Xanthan Gum, Ceteareth-20, Carbomer, Triethanolamine, Diazolidinyl Urea, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Fragrance (Parfum).

Proactiv Solution Original Repairing Lotion 2 oz
updated: 12/03/2016 17:15 UTC

Ok but just not enough
Reviewed on November 20, 2016

I tired Proactive for a while. I gave it a good shot, in my opinion. Nearly 2 years. I saw some clearing but nothing heart stopping. People still could tell I had acne. I still knew I had acne. I was still embarrassed by my face which really sucked. Like no amount of makeup helps when you have those craters. Just makes it look like you have makeup on top of acne, which is pretty gauche. Clearly it didn’t help that I was in college, ate badly and was under a load of stress. At first, I could see the results with the repairing lotion but then I just kind of plateaued, maybe after like 2-3 weeks. It was really frustrating. I felt pretty lost like nothing would ever work.

I went to a dermatologist finally, at my mom’s urging but just mainly to hear what they had to say. I wasn’t surprised when the derm wanted to put me on accutane - it is like their go-to isn’t it?!. But I have hear too many bad things and was really against anything that was prescribed. The side effects sound awful. My mom suggested maybe my lifestyle needed to change so I started doing a lot of research about how lifestyle affects the skin and it turns out it is a lot. Especially stress. Which is hard to stop doing, stressing out. I finally found one company, Ninja, asked for a consultation and they really explained a lot to me that I didn’t know. And what I could do on my own to help my skin - drink water, stop stressing out, sleep more, eat healthier. I guess most of it is common sense but hearing it from an expert really helped me. I told them about this product and basically, I think the main problem is that for anyone who has acne, not just a random zit, 2.5% is just not strong enough. I went first to their 5% benzoyl and then graduated to the 10%, which is what I am at now. And I use their Salicylic too in the daytime. And good lord - my face is clear. Clear clear clear. I am in disbelief about it still. but having someone actually tell me what to do step by step has been a miracle.

I think the repairing lotion is ok but like I said, you just won’t see the full results you want if you actually have acne. You need something stronger, at least in my experience.

Work Horse
Reviewed on September 8, 2016

I use the Proactiv Three Step System, but I think the Repairing Lotion is probably the most important step. I used this for 8 months with terrific results. Then I went off of it because I stopped taking the medication that was making me break out. Unfortunately, I'm on a new medication that plays with my hormones, so I'm breaking out again. I pulled this out and it's working like a charm. My bumps are shrinking, and I'm way less oily. I expect to be blemish free in about 5 weeks.

it really works but abit harsh to wear it alone
Reviewed on March 24, 2016

I have oily skin with enlarged pores and acne marks and scars, I used to get alot of white heads and black heads on my T zone and the occasionally cystic pimple every month. I have been using the lotion on and off, because it was abit drying and I wanted to try something else. I have tried retinol cream and it gave me a whole face of bumps and cystic acne in a week of using it, so I ended up going back to the lotion. I have tried other BP products over the year, but I found this one dries up my pimples the quickest. I recently started to use a product called Thursday Plantation clarifying oil as a moisturiser, I would massage the clarifying oil on my face first, then apply the lotion at the end. This way my face doesn't get irritated and still gets the benefit of the BP. I have been on this routine for 2 weeks now, my T-zone has became alot less oily, and my pores are definitely smaller.

it works
Reviewed on February 2, 2016

this product works great for me it clears my face all off acne and not irritating

didnt work!
Reviewed on February 2, 2016

i have oily skin and moderate acne it didnt work for me and it made my skin break out so no!

Proactive Solution
Reviewed on December 13, 2015

I use the whole Proactiv System, but I think it's the Repairing Lotion that does most of the work. The 2.5% Benzoyl Peroxide is gentle enough to use over the whole face, which allows you to treat acne before it appears. The lotion formula feels moisturizing. I still only use it at night. I tried using it during the day, and it was too much. I got really dry and scaly. A light coating at night all over my t-zone, and in about 5 weeks, I was acne free. You have to keep using it though. If you quit, you'll just start breaking out again. Hands down the best BP I've ever used.

The Best Solution to Get Rid of Acnes & Blemishes
Reviewed on December 13, 2015

If you are having acnes and looking out for a genuine lotion which can help you to get rid of the same, this is the perfect choice. It clears your face of all the acnes/pimples and rejuvenates your face to give you a young and refreshing look. The developers which have come up with this unique lotion deserve a round of applause for their innovative and magical solution. Give it a try, you will surely find it helpful.

Pretty awesome cream!!
Reviewed on December 11, 2015

I think we should trust this product, it is professional and good working cream, I have used this product from long time and I hadn’t any bad problems, but it is good for my skin and I prefer it, more than another product, it keeps my skin always healthy and clean, I really like it, thanks.

didn't work
Reviewed on March 31, 2015

used years back, and it didn't work for me if anything it made my acne worse.

Didn't do it for me - made it worse...
Reviewed on March 24, 2014

I have very oily skin, with dark spots, and frequent acne breakouts. I used this about 2 years ago. Proactive just didn't work for me. I kept at it for awhile. It just made my skin breakout more. I switched to Acne.org and never looked back.

That being said, it has worked for one of my friends.