Proactiv Solution Renewing Cleanser

Brand: Proactiv Solution

Most helpful review

By Julie, San Francisco Bay Area, CA on 01/28/2011
thumbnail

This cleanser may be too harsh for those with moderate to severe inflamed acne since it has bp in its formula, but it has worked wonders on my non-inflamed acne's blackheads and whiteheads. I've used a variety of normal cleansers and scrubs designed specifically for blackheads but this is the only cleanser than left my skin feeling smoother and residue-free. Most "blackhead scrubs" were so mild that they barely did anything, but this one actually feels like it's polishing my blackheads/whiteheads away as it cleans. I use it with Laura's non-inflamed acne regimen (see the message boards) and it's been awesome. It didn't irritate my skin or leave any residue..

Pros:
  • Effective, Better texture than most "scrubs" or "microbead" cleansers
Cons:
  • Expensive, Scent

61 out of 109 people found this review helpful

Benzoyl Peroxide 2.5%.

Water, magnesium aluminum silicate, glyceryl stearate, PEG-100 stearate, sorbitol, dimethyl isosorbide, disodium PEG-12 dimethicone sulfosuccinate, neopentyl glycol dicaprylate/dicaprate, tridecyl stearate, polyethylene, cetyl esters, anthemis nobilis flower extract, tridecyl trimellitate, , imidazolidinyl urea, sodium PCA, propylene glycol, sodium hyaluronate, xanthan gum, methylparaben, propylparaben, fragrance.

Member reviews

By on

Pros

• Effective, Better texture than most "scrubs" or "microbead" cleansers

Cons

• Expensive, Scent
  • moderate
  • for more than a year
  • $ 12.95
  • I recommend using this product/treatment.

By on

this stuff works really good, really fast. the only problem is after awhile, my face kinda just got used to it and it doesnt really work anymore. it gets rid of current pimples (very slowly) but it doesnt prevent new ones from popping up like it used to. however, aside from the smell and texture, it works very good for the first few weeks. of course this doesnt sound great because it stops working (sort of) but trust me, if you buy this you wont be dissapointed.

Pros

• smooths skins
  • gets rid of pimples fast
  • doesnt irritate my skin or dry it out
  • i got it for free (thats more of a personal pro though)

Cons

• smells NASTY
  • bumpy and rough so it hurts
  • very light
  • for a few months
  • I recommend using this product/treatment.

By on

Pros

• works good! clears skin, makes your skin soft, and makes pores smaller!

Cons

• smells bad and burns :(
  • very light
  • for about a month
  • $ 50
  • I recommend using this product/treatment.