Proactiv Solution Renewing Cleanser reviews

3.2/5 - 15 reviews

Brand: Proactiv Solution

Benzoyl Peroxide 2.5%.

Water, magnesium aluminum silicate, glyceryl stearate, PEG-100 stearate, sorbitol, dimethyl isosorbide, disodium PEG-12 dimethicone sulfosuccinate, neopentyl glycol dicaprylate/dicaprate, tridecyl stearate, polyethylene, cetyl esters, anthemis nobilis flower extract, tridecyl trimellitate, , imidazolidinyl urea, sodium PCA, propylene glycol, sodium hyaluronate, xanthan gum, methylparaben, propylparaben, fragrance.

Proactiv Solution Renewing Cleanser 8 FL OZ (benzoyl peroxides acne treatment)
updated: 10/31/2014 07:22 UTC
Proactiv Solution Original Renewing Cleanser 4 oz
updated: 10/31/2014 07:22 UTC

not for everyone, too harsh for me
Reviewed on August 14, 2014

Proactive system not work for me, made my skin worse. The microbeads inside it is too harsh, causing micoinjury to Skin. Definitely not for to use during breakaout as it can be painful to use. My work for other.

By the way I have oily skin, moderate acne mostly of cystic type, 25 yr / female.

if you must use BPO...
Reviewed on July 31, 2014

This is a great cleanser. However, it won't work forever

Temporary solution
Reviewed on March 7, 2014

Within 2 weeks, this cleanser managed to clear my skin but became hopeless after i stopped using it. Acne returned even worse than before. I may continue using just for a quick fix while searching for something better.

Reviewed on April 27, 2013

I got this for Christmas, so I'm not positive how much it costs. It did clear up my skin after about a week of use but it was so harsh. After using it, it would leave my skin really red and inflamed. The first time, my mom even asked if I had a sunburn because I was so red. It also dried out my chin and the areas around my nose and mouth. I had to stop eventually because of the side effects of burning and drying my skin.

Reviewed on December 31, 2012

Okay product, but much better ones on the market for cheaper.

Reviewed on May 21, 2012

better of walking into a store and buying a gentle wash i would never recommend this to anyone waste of my money and time

Reviewed on April 3, 2012

If you have moderate to severe acne I do not recommend this product to you.

Reviewed on February 9, 2012

Zapzyt worked better for me & was much more affordable & less drying

Reviewed on January 19, 2012

I've been suffering from acne for half a year now ( I'm 18 )

My skin used to look perfect and acne-free until after a horrible day it broke out like crazy.

My parents, my friends and even my teachers they told me that my face was a mess. Can you imagine how sad it was. I felt devastated, I stopped going out and spent most of my time sitting alone at home. My mom took me to a hospital, then a derm, but nothing seemed to work.

My aunt, she sent me the Proactiv Kit but at first I didn't dare to use because of all the negative comments on the internet.

However, as I was so desperate and I realized that I had nothing to lose, I finally decided to try Proactiv the 3-step system.

And it works !

I know it doesn't work for everyone but I'm glad it works for me.

The cleanser was too drying at first, and it left my face crazily red for 3 days but acne was gone !

So, I decided that I couldn't use it everyday, so I switched to Cetaphil. However, as you all know Cetaphil is mild and gentle and to be honest it doesn't really cleanse the skin very well. So every 2 days I use Proactiv cleanser to exfoliate and prevent new acne and then switch back to Cetaphil.

Just so you know, acne doesn't disappear in just one night so you have to be persistent and believe that you can CONTROL your acne. Do not let it control your life. Everyone deserves clear skin!!

Reviewed on October 12, 2011

It works if you follow with the remaining steps of the 3 step systems and benzoyl peroxide specifically goes after acne and it kills is so i recommend to use it because if your patient and keep pushing it will pay off and use it every day because it s a routing that builds up to attack your bad skin