Overall rating: 3.7 / 5

Average price: $28.29

Brand: Proactiv Solution

Most helpful review

By Anonymous, Gold coast on 01/28/2013

Pros:
  • I had this refining mask in my bathroom for a long time before I started to use it. I was just using the 3 step cleanse tone and repair, they never worked I used it everyday and still nothing. Last night i found the refining mask and thought I'd give it a try I didn't have anything to lose. I put it on for the ten minutes like it said then washed it off and went to bed. This morning I woke up went to look in the mirror and my face has never been this clear!
Cons:
  • No cons

9 out of 11 people found this review helpful

Active ingredient:
Sulfur 6%.

Inactive ingredients:
Water (Aqua), Kaolin, Glycreth-26, Sodium Lauroyl Sarcosinate, Magnesium Aluminum Silicate, Cetearyl Alcohol, Ceteareth-20, Linolenic Acid, Linoleic Acid, Arachidonic Acid, Titanium Dioxide, Zinc Oxide, Hydrated Silica, Tocopheryl Acetate, Lemongrass Exrtract, Geranium Extact, Tea Tree Oil, Ethoxydiglycol Methylparaben, Ethylparaben, Glycerin, Fragrance (Parfum).

Proactiv Solution Refining Mask 2.5 Oz
updated: 04/16/2014 15:10 UTC
Proactiv Solution Refining Mask 2.5 Oz Set Of 5
updated: 04/16/2014 15:10 UTC

Member reviews

By on

All of the commercials tat say it will zap your zits overnight are lies!!! My zit was very small and you could not see the white puss yet when I put it on at night. The next morning I took it off to see that the zit became larger and more painful and noticeable! It was a HUGE rip off!

Pros

• NONE!!!

Cons

• Made pimple worse!!!
  • moderate
  • for a few weeks
  • $ 25
  • I do not recommend using this product/treatment.

By on

This product is overall 'okay' but if you put it on already formed pimples it causes this nasty green puss to form in them.

Not as good as they say.

Pros

• Works on drying up pimples

Cons

• It smells bad, dryes up skin, hard to get off.
  • moderate
  • for a few weeks
  • I recommend using this product/treatment.

By on

This mask is nothing compared to Queen Helene Mint Julep Masque, which I reccomend!! The refining mask is not very good at drying out pimples.

Pros

• Dries out your pimple very little

Cons

• Smell
  • Doesn't work very well
  • moderately severe
  • for about a month
  • I do not recommend using this product/treatment.

By on

I have been using this for over 5 months and it does work from time to time but with little to no results and sometimes it just feels like it stops working

Pros

• Dries out Pimples

Cons

• Not that Effective
  • feels like it stops after a while of use

By on

I have been using this spot treatment on some pimples for the past 4 days and they are still not gone, however they are reduced by like 50%. Annoying thing this is that these pimples aren't even that huge. I guess my skin is just really stubborn?

Pros

• Shrinks pimples

Cons

• Takes a LONG time
  • for about a week
  • $ 25
  • I recommend using this product/treatment.

By on

I used this with proactiv and i love it!

Pros

• Helps clear acne
  • Makes face really soft
  • Makes face glowing and radiant

Cons

• Nothing!
  • moderate
  • for about a week
  • I recommend using this product/treatment.

By on

This stuff does not work at all. I used it on a fairly bad breakout, I washed my face and put it on before bed and woke up excited to see what it had done, I was disappointed. Nothing happened at all. It was like I put some white paste on my skin and when I washed it off naturally it didn't change a thing, and on top of that it dried my skin up. Moving on to shock number two. I looked at the ingredients in the refining mask and the ones in my CVS purifying mask (the green mud stuff) It's the same stuff. The only difference is that the proactive doesn't dry up so you can wear it overnight. Save your money and don't wait for shipping just go get some mask form CVS. Very disappointed. Do not buy.

Pros

• None.

Cons

• Does not work. Disappointing. Dries skin.
  • moderate
  • for about a week
  • $ 10
  • I do not recommend using this product/treatment.

By on

Very good product, I recommend it. Just don't keep on too long.

Pros

• Works very well! New bottle (orange text) applies much easier than the old one.

Cons

• Face can dry up very badly if left on too long or over night.. I found this out the hard way, then I had acne + an extremely dry face that I had to moisturize.
  • moderately severe
  • for about a month
  • $ 10

By on

Pros

• Is clearing my face
  • Less red

Cons

• Can make your face VERY DRY if you do it to much or too long
  • DO NOT USE OVER NIGHT, I'M CURRENTLY TRYING TO FIX MY DRYNESS FROM IT...
  • moderately severe
  • for a few weeks
  • I recommend using this product/treatment.

By on

I love it! It works fast!

Pros

• Makes my pimples smaller
  • works fast

Cons

• can be hard to wash off if left on for too long
  • moderately severe
  • for a few months