Page 4 of Proactiv Solution Refining Mask reviews

Brand: Proactiv Solution

Active ingredient:
Sulfur (6%).

Inactive ingredients:
Water (Aqua), Kaolin, Glycreth-26, Sodium Lauroyl Sarcosinate, Magnesium Aluminum Silicate, Cetearyl Alcohol, Ceteareth-20, Linolenic Acid, Linoleic Acid, Arachidonic Acid, Titanium Dioxide, Zinc Oxide, Hydrated Silica, Tocopheryl Acetate, Lemongrass Exrtract, Geranium Extact, Tea Tree Oil, Ethoxydiglycol Methylparaben, Ethylparaben, Glycerin, Fragrance (Parfum).

Reviewed on July 11, 2012

This should be used for those deep, or big pimples, but not for a bunch of acne. Use on INDIVIDUAL zits and pimples.

It dries them up overnight and within 2-3 days they are usually completely gone. It doesn't usually leave scars either.

I don't recommend using any other Proactiv products than this because really irritate the skin, leaving red itchy bumps.

But I a very satisfied with the refining mask.

*I first got the refining mask free with my proactiv kit, but then when I ran out of the mask, I bought a bigger tube for $5 on ebay (about £3 GBP) and I have been using this a little over a year now. Love it!

Reviewed on June 6, 2012

This is the only over the counter acne product which I would recommend to acne sufferers. As someone who has struggled with an on again off again acne battle over the last five years, I can safely say this is the only product which has continuously worked for me.

I put the mask on at night all over my face before I go to bed sometimes if I feel like I need to, or just on problem areas. It makes little blemishes almost disappear and bigger ones come to a head much faster. It's very very good for oily skin (which I suffer from in the T zone), and has completely destroyed the blackheads on my nose :)

The mask does have a distinct odor to it, but I kind of like it, and it's not a very strong odor. The product has done so much for me that the smell just calms me down haha.

Honestly it does help to take a break from using it once in a while to let your skin breathe, and so your skin doesn't get too used to having so much extra help. I find if I stop using it for an extended length of time (a few weeks altogether), my skin breaks out...and then when I start using it again after an extended length of time...I do get an initial breakout as it pulls out the gunk from deeper under my skin. So essentially...if you have developing zits...they will come out to play sooner if you use this mask.

Overall I would absolutely recommend this product. It's Sulfur based (6%) and is the ONLY acne product I use.

Too many topical acne products can over time make your acne much worse, and cause your skin to develop wrinkles prematurely. I can say from experience that I have tried every over-the-counter treatment for acne...they all stopped working. THIS NEVER HAS :) and my skin has had a chance to recover from all the chemicals I tried pouring on it to get rid of a problem I needed to fix internally.

While it doesn't prevent hormonal acne, it sure does a great job combating the results on the surface <3

Good luck guys :)

Reviewed on April 30, 2012

I received the sample with my Proactiv kit, I leave it on spots overnight and in the morning my pimples are on the way to being gone.

Love it, and i don't think I could go long periods of time without it.

Reviewed on April 6, 2012

This product does work, but then other times it doesn't work

Its drying

But, if you have not tried proactiv or this refining mask, I recommend you give it a try, even if it does not work for you, at least you can say you've expirenced it.

I give it 3 out of 5, Some days I love this mask, other days....forget about it !!

Reviewed on April 2, 2012

Use it and follow to instructions. Never leave the refining mask on over night!!! Also use it daily, make it part of your daily routine and the acne will be gone in no time.

Reviewed on February 29, 2012

All of the commercials tat say it will zap your zits overnight are lies!!! My zit was very small and you could not see the white puss yet when I put it on at night. The next morning I took it off to see that the zit became larger and more painful and noticeable! It was a HUGE rip off!

Reviewed on February 25, 2012

This product is overall 'okay' but if you put it on already formed pimples it causes this nasty green puss to form in them.

Not as good as they say.

Reviewed on February 23, 2012

This mask is nothing compared to Queen Helene Mint Julep Masque, which I reccomend!! The refining mask is not very good at drying out pimples.

Reviewed on January 12, 2012

I have been using this for over 5 months and it does work from time to time but with little to no results and sometimes it just feels like it stops working

Reviewed on December 25, 2011

I have been using this spot treatment on some pimples for the past 4 days and they are still not gone, however they are reduced by like 50%. Annoying thing this is that these pimples aren't even that huge. I guess my skin is just really stubborn?