Page 3 of Proactiv Solution Refining Mask reviews

Brand: Proactiv Solution

Active ingredient:
Sulfur 6%.

Inactive ingredients:
Water (Aqua), Kaolin, Glycreth-26, Sodium Lauroyl Sarcosinate, Magnesium Aluminum Silicate, Cetearyl Alcohol, Ceteareth-20, Linolenic Acid, Linoleic Acid, Arachidonic Acid, Titanium Dioxide, Zinc Oxide, Hydrated Silica, Tocopheryl Acetate, Lemongrass Exrtract, Geranium Extact, Tea Tree Oil, Ethoxydiglycol Methylparaben, Ethylparaben, Glycerin, Fragrance (Parfum).

Proactiv Solution Refining Mask 2.5 Oz
updated: 10/30/2014 15:37 UTC
Proactiv Solution Refining Mask 2.5 Oz Set Of 5
updated: 10/30/2014 15:37 UTC

Reviewed on January 19, 2013

I bought the refining mask about a year ago on amazon for abot 3 or 4 dollars and it works great I only use it when I feel something come in or when its already there but it takes a few days for it to work great product though

Reviewed on January 1, 2013

i was about 13 when I noticed I was starting to break out, my acne is somewhat irregular I have it bad somedays then somedays calm and very little. When I breakout sadly my pimples are big and throughout my chin I have tiny red zits. I started proactive when I was 14 since then it really was effective. The refining mask is the only thing that i use because the rest of the case was not useful. The refining mask does not permanently disappear your acne BUT it will reduce your specific pimple and or zit you want to get rid of. Its expensive for a little bottle but its worth it. It takes a few applications for it to be effective but overall good.

Reviewed on November 9, 2012

I've had a problem with acne since i was 11 n i am now 18. I'd do anything to have clear skin. I've tried many products and my skin just didn't mix with it. I tried the refining mask and instantly loved it. I automatically noticed results. It reduced my pimple size greatly and continues to each day. When i run my fingers across my face, i can't really feel bumps because they are now skin deep. Although, you can still see redness. I hope to continue with such great results. About the cons, it smells weird but who cares? It works. I sleep with it on anyways. I'd rather deal with a weird scent that i know is GOING to work. It can be pricey but amazon and ebay can fix that. It can dry your skin, but i use lotion or a moisturizer anyways. I also tend to get too happy with it and use too much at a time. You really do not need a lot i am just paranoid. Lol. Also, i use it overnight. I dont see how leaving it on for 10 minutes can help, weird. I suggest overnight. Another thing, is i never have trouble getting it off. I shower in the morning mostly, but even when i don't i just use a washcloth and gently wipe it off then wash my face and body. Then i use the proactiv wash. But, anyways i cannot see why someone wouldn't try this. Don't just use it for a day, use it for a week and see if you notice results. I couldn't imagine life without it now. My skin is the best it's been. I someday hope to not need cover up. That is my goal. I'm gonna keep it up! Please use it! It's amazing!

Reviewed on September 16, 2012

I've had this product for a long time and it smells horrible. When you wakeup and take it off you can still smell it. It doesn't do a thing for my pimples. It sometimes works but not often. It does NOTHING.

Reviewed on August 8, 2012

The horrible egg smell ...

I do not recommend ANYTHING from Proactiv.

Reviewed on July 14, 2012

i really really really like this product. I've struggled with acne for four years now and this is the one kind of spot treatment that actually works for me and doesn't make my face break out when i use it. i have never used it as the actual mask, but instead i use it for spot treatment. i leave it on over night because i skin is extremely oily, so it doesn't exactly dry them out too much. pimples more than likely won't go away over night, but you will fore sure notice a difference in 1-2 days. i love this product and recommend it to anyone who suffers from acne in various spots on their face.

Reviewed on July 11, 2012

This should be used for those deep, or big pimples, but not for a bunch of acne. Use on INDIVIDUAL zits and pimples.

It dries them up overnight and within 2-3 days they are usually completely gone. It doesn't usually leave scars either.

I don't recommend using any other Proactiv products than this because really irritate the skin, leaving red itchy bumps.

But I a very satisfied with the refining mask.

*I first got the refining mask free with my proactiv kit, but then when I ran out of the mask, I bought a bigger tube for $5 on ebay (about £3 GBP) and I have been using this a little over a year now. Love it!

Reviewed on June 6, 2012

This is the only over the counter acne product which I would recommend to acne sufferers. As someone who has struggled with an on again off again acne battle over the last five years, I can safely say this is the only product which has continuously worked for me.

I put the mask on at night all over my face before I go to bed sometimes if I feel like I need to, or just on problem areas. It makes little blemishes almost disappear and bigger ones come to a head much faster. It's very very good for oily skin (which I suffer from in the T zone), and has completely destroyed the blackheads on my nose :)

The mask does have a distinct odor to it, but I kind of like it, and it's not a very strong odor. The product has done so much for me that the smell just calms me down haha.

Honestly it does help to take a break from using it once in a while to let your skin breathe, and so your skin doesn't get too used to having so much extra help. I find if I stop using it for an extended length of time (a few weeks altogether), my skin breaks out...and then when I start using it again after an extended length of time...I do get an initial breakout as it pulls out the gunk from deeper under my skin. So essentially...if you have developing zits...they will come out to play sooner if you use this mask.

Overall I would absolutely recommend this product. It's Sulfur based (6%) and is the ONLY acne product I use.

Too many topical acne products can over time make your acne much worse, and cause your skin to develop wrinkles prematurely. I can say from experience that I have tried every over-the-counter treatment for acne...they all stopped working. THIS NEVER HAS :) and my skin has had a chance to recover from all the chemicals I tried pouring on it to get rid of a problem I needed to fix internally.

While it doesn't prevent hormonal acne, it sure does a great job combating the results on the surface <3

Good luck guys :)