Proactiv Solution Refining Mask reviews

Brand: Proactiv Solution

Active ingredient:
Sulfur 6%.

Inactive ingredients:
Water (Aqua), Kaolin, Glycreth-26, Sodium Lauroyl Sarcosinate, Magnesium Aluminum Silicate, Cetearyl Alcohol, Ceteareth-20, Linolenic Acid, Linoleic Acid, Arachidonic Acid, Titanium Dioxide, Zinc Oxide, Hydrated Silica, Tocopheryl Acetate, Lemongrass Exrtract, Geranium Extact, Tea Tree Oil, Ethoxydiglycol Methylparaben, Ethylparaben, Glycerin, Fragrance (Parfum).

Proactiv Solution Refining Mask 2.5 Oz
updated: 10/24/2014 23:19 UTC
Proactiv Solution Refining Mask 2.5 Oz Set Of 5
updated: 10/24/2014 23:19 UTC

Use Overnight
Reviewed on September 12, 2014

This really helps to reduce inflamation and redness on even my big zits.

Refining mask
Reviewed on September 7, 2014

I have comb (dry/oily skin). I use the 3 step system every other day and then only use those for trouble spots. Putting it on as a mask dries my skin. Also, seeing from a few comments below...the 3 step system only helps for MILD acne. Does not help for severe.

Yup, good stuff
Reviewed on August 12, 2014

Creamy texture, just enough drying, great spot treatment. Ok to sleep in.

Works overnight
Reviewed on March 17, 2014

3-Step Proactiv for me isn't enough... So I put this on overnight. It goes on easily and fries quickly... But it's a little smelly (not bad but not too good). It really gets read of some more noticeable zits and it's helps smooth my skin. I use it 2-3 times a week.

Good product
Reviewed on January 22, 2011

This product worked well. However, it did dry my skin out a little bit.

Holy Grail
Reviewed on February 24, 2014

Honestly the best product on the market... coming from a girl that's used a million and one products thus far. This is a mask everyone should have in their bathroom drawer.

Probably the best proactiv product
Reviewed on January 13, 2014

Proactiv hasn't really worked very well for me, even though I continue to use it because it at least manages my acne when it gets really bad. I have moderate acne, and incredibly dry skin. I use this after I've washed my face in the shower (I'm lazy) and then apply it. It also helps if you take a towel and run it under hot, but not burning water and wipe your face for a few minutes first to help wipe away anything that might still be on my face and open my pores. I use a fairly thick later over my entire face about 2-3 times a week (or more if I'm breaking out pretty bad or I'm feeling less lazy) and leave it on from 15-45 minutes. It says to leave on for 10-15 minutes but I feel that it works better if you leave it on for longer. I'm a zit-picker (which I know doesn't help, trying to break the habit lol), so if I've been picking at my face or have any red, inflamed areas, it takes it away. It really does calm your face down quite a bit. I feel like my skin is more even toned and I think it helps heal my zits quicker, because they seem to go away a few days after, rather than sticking around for a week. It does kinda dry your skin out after rinsing it off, but you're supposed to use the revitalizing toner right after which helps. Using a moisturizer also is useful after using this product.

So basically, if I'm breaking out a lot or half a lot of inflammation, it helps. It doesn't completely clear my skin, but it makes it look better. I do recommend this product, even though it's pretty stinky lol.

Perfect spot treatment
Reviewed on October 6, 2013

Honestly, the 3-step proactive system is bull honkey— never worked for me, or a lot of people! This mask,however, is heaven sent. It is not for people who have very dry or brittle skin though, because it dries the skin out, that's how it works! I personally have medium to oily skin and tend to get a few bad pimples every month. I also have pretty bad black heads. I usually scrub my nose where most of my blackheads reside and put the mask in a thin later covering my nose. I go to bed, wake up, wash it off, and it's like my nose doesn't even HAVE pores. It sucks everything right out and closes the pores. I also put it on deep pimples to draw them out, or on the large painful ones to shrink them. It never dries my skin out because I do have oily skin. It also helps with my redness. I love using this overnight mask to treat problem pimples fast. My favorite acne product.

Can't live without it
Reviewed on September 30, 2013

This is an amazing spot treatment. The instructions say to leave it on for 10 minutes. If I apply it to my entire face (I very rarely do) then I use it for about 20-30 minutes. This will help clear acne but it is very drying and usually results in a flaky face the next day. If I use it as a spot treatment, as I usually do, I will leave it on overnight and typically wake to a reduced pimple size and less redness. So, no, your blemish will not evaporate overnight, but it will be less noticeable. This is my must-have--I hate all other Proactiv products, but this one is a keeper.

EXCELLENT
Reviewed on August 1, 2013

This is the best Proactiv treatment ever. it minimizes those hurtful pimples and reduces redness if you use this regularly you will see great results it is a must have USE OVERNIGHT 2-3 days per week (i dont think it works if applied for 2 minutes) also use only on the places where there is acne i apply a thick layer so that the white mask is visible

BTW: i have somewhat oily skin