Page 5 of Proactiv Solution Acne Treatment System reviews

2.6/5 - 4508 reviews

Brand: Proactiv Solution

RENEWING CLEANSER
Benzoyl Peroxide (2.5%).

Water (aqua), magnesium aluminum silicate, glyceryl stearate, PEG-100 stearate, sorbitol, dimethyl isosorbide, disodium PEG-12 dimethicone sulfosuccinate, tridecyl stearate, neopentyl glycol dicaprylate/dicaprate, polyethylene, cetyl esters, anthemis nobilis flower extract, sodium hyaluronate, sodium PCA, xanthan gum, tridecyl trimellitate, propylene glycol, Imidazolidinyl urea, methylparaben, propylparaben, fragrance (parfum).

REVITALIZING TONER
Ingredients:
Water (aqua), glycolic acid, hamamelis virginiana (witch hazel) extract, anthemis nobilis flower extract, rosa canina fruit extract, aloe barbadensis leaf juice, sodium PCA, panthenol, glycerin, propylene glycol, allantoin, polysorbate 20, hydroxyethylcellulose, sodium hydroxide, benzophenone-4, tetrasodium EDTA, imidazolidinyl urea, methylparaben, propylparaben, fragrance (parfum), blue 1 (CI 42090), yellow 5 (CI 19140).

REPAIRING TREATMENT
Benzoyl Peroxide (2.5%).

Water (aqua), ethoxydiglycol, cyclotetrasiloxane, cyclopentasiloxane, cetearyl alcohol, propylene glycol, dimethicone, glyceryl stearate, PEG-100 stearate, panthenol, allantoin, xanthan gum, ceteareth-20, carbomer, triethanolamine, diazolidinyl urea, methylparaben, propylparaben, fragrance (parfum).

Highway robbery billing system
Reviewed on August 12, 2015

Unfortunately I'm writing of a bad experience with Proactiv + company and its bad billing practices and poor customer service. I want to start by saying I have been and on and off user of proactiv since it came out. I had never had any trouble with their products or their billing up until now, with their "new formula". Which is the same formula as the original proactiv with a different step 2. And it has fancier packaging. But does that warrant charging almost 100.00 a box??!! I think not. It a rip off. Highway robbery. The website does not explain billing clearly at all. I was told before getting into my recent "membership" that I would receive a starter kit for 19.95 plus free gift which I did receive and was correctly charged. However before I set the date for full size shipment I called and spoke to a rep just to confirm I would only be charged per box 33.95 which includes shipping and tax. So I was just billed on August 4, the Amount that rep said is be charged for 1 box. Now here we are 8 days later on 8/12, and I'm charged again 33.95 for the same box. My next box is not set up to be sent till second week in November. So of course thinking it must be an error I called. Spoke to a rude female rep who was very unclear and sounded yo me either new or not confident in her responses but argued like that was her job. And to boot all she said is read the terms online it says it there. Umm...excuse me first I'm calling you do that redirect me online. 2nd I did read it and have a very good understanding of the English language and it's written words so don't patronize me. 3rd I spoke with a rep to ask the questions and confirm. So if you folks don't give consistent answers and your website explains it in riddles. Then how do you as a company expect your customers to clearly see it as black and white. Because as it is now there are shady areas. I do not appreciate being swindled or over charged for a product and yes its excess to charge almost 100.00 a box when it used to be $39.95 A BOX. Not every 30 days a charge of that. Like it is now apparently. I canceled service immediately effective today. I'm so disappointed by this. Especially when you can go to a local mall and spend a ONE time time no strings attached payment of 55.00 and get a full size kit. Why on earth would any one knowingly sign up to pay almost 100.00 per one box??!!! Makes no sense. Bad business. Disgusted by this and by the misinformed reps. Each time you get a different answer. It's like they are programmed to say what they think the customer wants to hear. And where's the accountability?? Because I was told that's not their problem. It's mine.... and I know this will probably get taken down by the company. But that's OK social media can be a wonderful thing. So many ways to spread my personal experience where it won't be taken down!

by Be@r on 01/12/2016 06:14
by Be@r on 01/12/2016 06:14
BB NATURAL SPRAYS FIND US ON FACEBOOK. AMAZING PRODUCT
I wish I could give this negative stars
Reviewed on August 1, 2015

As soon as you order from proactive once, they will suddenly start charging you for more items that you never ordered or received. I purchased one package in the month of November and did not like it so I didn't go back online to order more. Suddenly in june they tried charging my card again. I got so mad and after being on the phone with them multiple times I cancelled my card to make sure they wouldn't charge me for things I never asked for or even received. Problem solved right? WRONG I received an email two months later saying there is a $65 charge on my account that they will be sending a bill for. Keep in mind the only products I ever received was the initial package. Multiple phone calls later the charge was dropped and needless to say I will NEVER buy from them again and have already warned my friends and family abouy it.

No Difference
Reviewed on July 30, 2015

Ordering from Proactiv was a hassle. They want to sign you up for automatic renewal orders and you have to call again to cancel. I tried Proactiv years ago when I didn't know how to treat my skin, so I touched my face a lot and was overall very rough with my skin. However, it was expensive and I saw no difference with Proactiv at all. I was so disillusioned by the commercial that I actually felt worse about how I looked. Everyone talks about how bad they felt about themselves with acne, like it's a disgusting disease, and then you get the product, it doesn't work, and you feel even worse!

IT WORKS...so far
Reviewed on July 24, 2015

I am 14 and have been getting pretty bad clusters of weird, not-whitehead, not-blackhead acne on my cheeks. And a lot of whiteheads on my chin and upper lip. My forehead gets really bad around my period. I never had any acne until the beginning of this year. I started using Proactiv almost two weeks ago and have already been seeing MAJOR improvements on my forehead and cheeks. Not so much my chin, probably because that's where my stubborn hormonal pimples are. But I am very pleased with the results I have been getting. I wake up to less and less redness everyday. I don't even wear powder on my face anymore. All of the bumps are gone and whenever I wash my face, it feels extremely smooth. I was worried about trying it because of the reviews, but I guess it's just based on your skin. I have very oily skin, especially on and near my nose. Because of this, I normally don't have to deal with dry skin side effects. I recommend that if you have similar skin to mine, try it. The results won't be overnight, obviously. But, with the results I've been getting, I see clear skin in my future. (:

dried my skin out
Reviewed on July 20, 2015

This product dried out my face and my skin started peeling around my mouth and nose. I eased onto using all the cleansers and it still irritated my face and all together made my breakouts worse

Too dying
Reviewed on July 17, 2015

This stuff was WAY too harsh for my sensitive skin. It dried me out and made my pimples more red and irritated. On top of that, it didn't help my acne at all.

Dried out your skin and make no improvement on acne
Reviewed on July 16, 2015

I gave it a try, when I make a first purchase it told me that I'm on 3months trial with 90supply

Which I thought it was ok.

First month, nothing happen.

Second, I said to my self it could take time to see the results, my skin seem to be a bit lighter but the acne ? Still there. All of them!

So this product was not working for me. Apart of dried my skin and Everytime I put moisturiser or anything on, it stings and burn.

It's winter in Australia so I don't know If my skin will be sensitive to sun in summer time.

The part where proactive makes my face look lighter is probably because it's very harsh and my skin just peeled off.

It's not working !

BB NATURAL SPRAYS FIND US ON FACEBOOK. AMAZING PRODUCT
Try it if you want. but it might not work
Reviewed on July 15, 2015

Worked for a while. And then my skin just got resistant to it, so it no longer worked.

Reviewed on July 15, 2015

When I first tried it, it was nice and gentle with my skin and a few days later I started seeing results. The only problem with this product is that is sometimes leaves your face greasy, but otherwise this product was efficient with my skin

Please don't buy
Reviewed on July 14, 2015

If you have sensitive skin do not put this product on your face I had to rush to the emergency room because my face and eyes we're swollen after only using the product TWICE ! My doctor put me ok steroids so it could reduce the swelling and thank god my face is coming back normal