Page 5 of Proactiv Solution Acne Treatment System reviews

2.6/5 - 4408 reviews

Brand: Proactiv Solution

RENEWING CLEANSER
Benzoyl Peroxide, 2.5%

Water (aqua), magnesium aluminum silicate, glyceryl stearate, PEG-100 stearate, sorbitol, dimethyl isosorbide, disodium PEG-12 dimethicone sulfosuccinate, tridecyl stearate, neopentyl glycol dicaprylate/dicaprate, polyethylene, cetyl esters, anthemis nobilis flower extract, sodium hyaluronate, sodium PCA, xanthan gum, tridecyl trimellitate, propylene glycol, Imidazolidinyl urea, methylparaben, propylparaben, fragrance (parfum).

REVITALIZING TONER
Ingredients:
Water (aqua), glycolic acid, hamamelis virginiana (witch hazel) extract, anthemis nobilis flower extract, rosa canina fruit extract, aloe barbadensis leaf juice, sodium PCA, panthenol, glycerin, propylene glycol, allantoin, polysorbate 20, hydroxyethylcellulose, sodium hydroxide, benzophenone-4, tetrasodium EDTA, imidazolidinyl urea, methylparaben, propylparaben, fragrance (parfum), blue 1 (CI 42090), yellow 5 (CI 19140).

REPAIRING TREATMENT
Benzoyl Peroxide, 2.5%.

Water (aqua), ethoxydiglycol, cyclotetrasiloxane, cyclopentasiloxane, cetearyl alcohol, propylene glycol, dimethicone, glyceryl stearate, PEG-100 stearate, panthenol, allantoin, xanthan gum, ceteareth-20, carbomer, triethanolamine, diazolidinyl urea, methylparaben, propylparaben, fragrance (parfum).

Proactiv Solution 4-pc. Acne Treatment System
updated: 09/02/2014 01:42 UTC

Horrible.
Reviewed on March 31, 2014

Pro Activ is the worst product i have used for my acne. Not only are there hidden costs after your first little supply but it was no help to my skin at all, and if anything irritated it a lot more. I would not recommend this product to anyone. For such an expensine product you'd think it would work wonders but clearly not.

In agony
Reviewed on March 30, 2014

After a couple of days using this product my skin feels so tight and dry, I stopped using it 4 days ago and my face still feels like it's on fire and so itchy and dry

Do not recommend this product

Steer clear!!

Dried my whole face out!
Reviewed on March 29, 2014

I bought it mainly for mh ance under my skin and within a week, my whole face was super dry. I have combination skin. Its oily around my fore head and nose and then dry everywhere else. I started having to plaster aloe all over my face to try and heal the drying spots.

Because it dried everything out, it caused more acne. I tried it for a month just to see if it east trying to surface all the acne and then kill it all... but nope. It made my whole face break out and it took me months to get back to normal. I still have ance but its not nearly as bad as it was when I was using the proactiv.

by hansona90 on 04/07/2014 21:18
I have partnered with the doctors who originally created Proactiv, Rodan and Fields. They created a whole new line of products that are WAY more effective. I use the acne line called Unblemish. It has cleared my acne and it's staying clear. Contact me for more info AND a discount :-) Amorin31@[link removed] You control your account so you can delay your order. No annoying customer service to deal with! Plus a legit 60 day money back guarantee!!
by hansona90 on 04/07/2014 21:19
Amorin31@ [link removed]
Horrible
Reviewed on March 28, 2014

This is by far the worst company I ordered from. Products broke my skin out worst. Money was taken from my account without my permission. I sent the products back unopened an never was refunded. EVERYONE...plz dont order from this company...RIP-OFF

Terrible
Reviewed on March 25, 2014

If I could give this company a zero star, I would. First of all, I got the product for my 15 year old daughter who has acne and it burned her skin. I called to tell them, they sent a sample pack of the sensitive skin and also said I would like to start her on that. I also at that time put my account on hold because I was going on maternity leave and couldn't afford the outrageous amount for the product. 3 months later I get this huge amount deducted from my account unexpectedly, and when I called to verify it, the product had already been sent and they did not send the sensitive. So now I have months of useless product sitting in my bathroom. When I asked about returning it once the current arrives, I was told I could get my money returned (in 4-6 weeks) AFTER I pay to ship it back, plus the refund would be minus the original shipping that I PAID FOR. So in essence I'm paying shipping twice to return a useless product. I wish I had read recommendations before I even ordered. I'm so pissed with this ripoff company.

Not Crazy About Product
Reviewed on March 21, 2014

I am in the middle of using the product now because I used it a few years ago. I had been experiencing mild acne then and I am experiencing it now. I heard about Proactive and I gave it a try twice in the past. What made me come back for more was the fact that it did control it and eventually I stopped using it because my skin cleared up. I can't remember if it had side effects. All I know is, my acne cleared up, I stopped using it after serveral treatments. I didn't and I still don't want it to become a long term thing, because it is way to harsh for the skin. I decide to order it again since it worked before. I don't remember my skin ever drying up so badly. That is what I am experiencing now. I am into my second week of using it. My acne has cleared a little, but I hate the feeling of my skin. Beside being dry, my skin feels so tight. Just not normal. I wouldn't recommend this to anyone because though it seems to be clearing my skin up, there are just way too many harsh chemicals in it. I wanted to move to something a little more natural. After I'm done with this kit, I am not ordering more. I'm not too much worried about them charging my card as I had to change my debit card after I had suspicious activity going on, so now they are stuck with the old card. I did, however call to cancel my membership to avoid further shipments. I don't know if it worked, but we will see. If they want to bill me, they can go right ahead. I am not paying them a dime. The lady on the phone tried to explain to me why I should keep using it, but I cut her off and told her to just cancel my membership like I asked.

Its like you have to pay attention to whatever website you are ordering from. This is the only website I've been on where they didn't ask whether I want them to keep charging me or keep shipping me products. I think they should include that on the website. I've paid monthly for it in the past because I chose to and wanted it set up that way and I had done it over the phone, but not this time. After reading all the comments about people having problem canceling and still being charged, I picked up the phone and called to cancel. I also find it very odd that they don't have a review page on the Proactive site. They only have stories that's been told by people who probably never experience acne, but was told to say that "their life changed" or "they have so much confidence" after using the product. Really?

Doesn't Work
Reviewed on March 20, 2014

This product didn't really work for me. I followed all the indications for the facial treatment and all it did was irritate my skin, which made my facial acne even worse. The only positive thing I can say about this product is that it did clear my back acne slightly.

by deasiajohnathan on 04/07/2014 09:13
Proactiv worked for people I know so I think anyone suffering from acne should give it a try. For more infomation : [link removed]
Fraudulant Product
Reviewed on March 19, 2014

I tried this product when I was 15, it did nothing. My acne was reduced very slightly for a day or two, but it came back much more severely. I also experienced severely dry skin and it bleached my clothes. Do not try this product, it will disappoint you.

Can't be trusted
Reviewed on March 11, 2014

I had a horrible experience with them and I will never order anything from them again... They changed my order on there own and took money out of my account without even informing me....not to mention all the false advertisements on the tv... They say it's 30... But it's secretly 90 you just won't know for about a month...or until you check your bank statement..overall I would give them no stars but it's making me give them at least one and even that's to much

Manages acne, does nothing else
Reviewed on March 11, 2014

I don't have less acne after a couple months but it is more manageable now, it lasts a little less time. However, cancelling is intentionally ridiculous and they will charge you beyond belief. They slap you with an additional fee of over a hundred dollars. I do not recommend this product.