Page 4 of Proactiv Solution Acne Treatment System reviews

2.6/5 - 4460 reviews

Brand: Proactiv Solution

RENEWING CLEANSER
Benzoyl Peroxide, 2.5%

Water (aqua), magnesium aluminum silicate, glyceryl stearate, PEG-100 stearate, sorbitol, dimethyl isosorbide, disodium PEG-12 dimethicone sulfosuccinate, tridecyl stearate, neopentyl glycol dicaprylate/dicaprate, polyethylene, cetyl esters, anthemis nobilis flower extract, sodium hyaluronate, sodium PCA, xanthan gum, tridecyl trimellitate, propylene glycol, Imidazolidinyl urea, methylparaben, propylparaben, fragrance (parfum).

REVITALIZING TONER
Ingredients:
Water (aqua), glycolic acid, hamamelis virginiana (witch hazel) extract, anthemis nobilis flower extract, rosa canina fruit extract, aloe barbadensis leaf juice, sodium PCA, panthenol, glycerin, propylene glycol, allantoin, polysorbate 20, hydroxyethylcellulose, sodium hydroxide, benzophenone-4, tetrasodium EDTA, imidazolidinyl urea, methylparaben, propylparaben, fragrance (parfum), blue 1 (CI 42090), yellow 5 (CI 19140).

REPAIRING TREATMENT
Benzoyl Peroxide, 2.5%.

Water (aqua), ethoxydiglycol, cyclotetrasiloxane, cyclopentasiloxane, cetearyl alcohol, propylene glycol, dimethicone, glyceryl stearate, PEG-100 stearate, panthenol, allantoin, xanthan gum, ceteareth-20, carbomer, triethanolamine, diazolidinyl urea, methylparaben, propylparaben, fragrance (parfum).

THIS DOES NOT WORK! DON'T BUY
Reviewed on February 1, 2015

I had high hopes for this product because the commercials looked promising, and some family members had great results with this product. I don't have severe acne but a few pimples here and there. I have used this for 3 months and have seen no difference in the appearance of my face. I do not recommend this product to anyone! I will go back to using spectrol jel for blemish prone skin, no harsh chemicals and does not leave your face red and dry after use.

No thank you
Reviewed on January 25, 2015

Im 18 and have this acne that just doesn't seem to go away, but the last year it seems to be clearing up. definitely in these past 6 months. I drink nothing but water, and workout quite often and that seems to help. also being on birth control helped a lot. Proactive is a product that once you start, you can't stop.. ( in a bad way..) It keep my acne under control, but as soon as I stop using it I break out SO bad. I wouldn't recommend it..

No good
Reviewed on January 11, 2015

I had high hopes for Proactiv, with all the rave reviews I've read and heard about it. I used the whole system until I ran out. It helped clear a little but not enough to where I'd buy it again. Not that effective at all. I know that it works great for some people but did not work good for me. There are a lot of other cheaper and better treatments out there. Proper diet and exercise plus vitamins is what helped clear up my acne most.

DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH PROACTIVE!
Reviewed on January 9, 2015

A NO STAR RATING IF POSSIBLE!

I PLACED A ONE TIME ORDER TO PROACTIVE AND PAID MY BILL VIA CREDIT CARD. IN THE NEXT FEW MONTHS I RECEIVED ANOTHER SHIPMENT THAT I DID NOT ORDER. WITHOUT MY AUTHORIZATION, PROACTIVE CHARGED MY CREDIT CARD FOR A PRODUCT I DID NOT WANT OR ORDER.

I PROMPTLY RETURNED THEIR PRODUCT AND REQUESTED MY CREDIT CARD COMPANY TO REVERSE THE CHARGES THAT I DID NOT AUTHORIZE. AFTER SEVERAL MONTHS OF REPEATED UNAUTHORIZED CREDIT CARD CHARGES BY PROACTIVE, I EVENTUALLY HAD TO CANCEL MY CREDIT CARD TO ELIMINATE FUTURE UNAUTHORIZED CHARGES. 6 MONTHS LATER I CONTINUE TO RECEIVE BILLS FROM PROACTIVE THREATENING ME TO PAY MY BILL OR THEY WILL SEND MY ACCOUNT TO COLLECTIONS.

PROACTIVE HAS UNSCRUPULIOUS BUSINESS PRACTICES.

DO NOT GIVE PROACTIVE YOUR CREDIT CARD NUMBER!

Did not work for me
Reviewed on January 5, 2015

Was a bit too harsh for my skin. Left skin feeling very cleaned though.

This system is a scam and a joke.
Reviewed on January 3, 2015

Nothing about this product line is revolutionary or innovative in anyway. It is the basic benzoyl peroxide & salicylic acid combination that can be bought from any brand or store. Maybe this works for some, but for me it didn't prevent a single active acne spot from emerging, it only harshly scrubbed away at my skin leaving it more red than before. I think I may have scarred worse just from using Proactive. I have had much more success in lowering my sugar intake, eating more vegetables, exercising, and taking the supplements Vitamin B5, Vitamin A (retinol), L-Cysteine, Milk Thistle, Niacin and Selenium. Proactive only worsened my situation. This company needs to spend less money on advertisement and more money on researching the true causes (yes, plural) of acne i.e. low glutathione, excess estrogen, vitamin & mineral deficiences, thyroid imbalances, chronic internal inflammation. This company only cares about profiting off of the pubescent and the insecure. The actors in the their commercials have probably had one pimple in their life which was fixed by Proactive.

Worked initially but then really didn't.
Reviewed on December 20, 2014

I started getting acne at about 21 in the form of non-inflammatory pimples on my chin and forehead. I'm now 25 and have blocked pores mostly all over my face, cystic outbreaks on my chin (hormonal) and forehead and painful hard spots along my jawline. I have mostly oily skin but these days I really have no idea what it's doing.

I tried the core system from proactive about a eighteen months ago and used it for three months. It seemed to really clear my acne however towards the end of the three months I felt that whilst my skin was mostly clear, it looked quite dehydrated. That's when I stopped using it.

I revisited it two months ago when my acne got really, really bad as I knew it had worked for me previously. This was a huge mistake. The first week saw some of the smaller pimples dry up and disappear but then in the fourth and fifth weeks it seemed like the proactive was irritating my skin and causing it to break out further. It seemed that the toner was burning and tingling my skin the most so I avoided this part of the system and the problems see sped to clear slightly but then they just got worse again.

I had a failed stint with retin a about eight months ago and since then my skin has been much more sensitive to everything so it's possible that this is why the proactiv has not worked for me this time round.

The first time round it definitely reduced my breakouts. I stopped using it because it made my skin a but dry and I felt it was starting to look a bit lacklustre.

by paymymonkey on 01/11/2015 02:54
I have the same type of acne. What products have worked for you? The stuff from the doctors is expensive and have harsh side effects.
Best Acne treatment in India - Proactiv
Reviewed on December 15, 2014

I think Proactiv 3 step anti acne system is really great. It is one of the best acne treatments I have come across. I'm getting married in 6 months, and with Proactiv in hand, I have no worries for my skin. :)

Worked when I was younger and had just a few whiteheads, but made my cystic acne worse.
Reviewed on December 9, 2014

It did work when I had better skin with only a few whiteheads and blackheads but made my cystic acne much, much worse.

Tricked into automatic renewal of a skin product??? What a bad joke
Reviewed on November 27, 2014

I had a similar issue with cancelling the automatic renewal over the phone.

I didn't even realize that they auto renew until my sister in-law warned me.

When my credit card bill came, I thought I better call and make sure. The product was not working for me. It gave me a rash and a major SHINE on my face in the afternoon, a few hours after using the shut. I don't have that much acne so I probably didn't really need pro-acne to begin with. That being said, if you try and cancel your pro-acne 'subscription", You might want to simply say “I use something else now."

If you mention any adverse reactions they will transfer/redirect you to a brand new CSR to re-explain as to why you don't want to continue to be billed FOREVER AND EVER.

Here's what happened to me when I called to cancel... I feel I was a lucky one here..

First call - transferred 3 times while being questioned as to reason for cancellation and finally got a voice mail.

Second call - phone disconnected right after I said "please cancel the automatic renewal."

Third call - Actually got the same rep as call #2. I told him that he and I just got disconnected and tried to make it clear that all I wanted to do was cancel and he said that my "subscription" would be cancelled in 24 hours and that I would receive an email confirming the cancellation within 24 hours… which has not come in yet after 26 hours.