Page 4 of Proactiv Solution Acne Treatment System reviews

2.6/5 - 4447 reviews

Brand: Proactiv Solution

RENEWING CLEANSER
Benzoyl Peroxide, 2.5%

Water (aqua), magnesium aluminum silicate, glyceryl stearate, PEG-100 stearate, sorbitol, dimethyl isosorbide, disodium PEG-12 dimethicone sulfosuccinate, tridecyl stearate, neopentyl glycol dicaprylate/dicaprate, polyethylene, cetyl esters, anthemis nobilis flower extract, sodium hyaluronate, sodium PCA, xanthan gum, tridecyl trimellitate, propylene glycol, Imidazolidinyl urea, methylparaben, propylparaben, fragrance (parfum).

REVITALIZING TONER
Ingredients:
Water (aqua), glycolic acid, hamamelis virginiana (witch hazel) extract, anthemis nobilis flower extract, rosa canina fruit extract, aloe barbadensis leaf juice, sodium PCA, panthenol, glycerin, propylene glycol, allantoin, polysorbate 20, hydroxyethylcellulose, sodium hydroxide, benzophenone-4, tetrasodium EDTA, imidazolidinyl urea, methylparaben, propylparaben, fragrance (parfum), blue 1 (CI 42090), yellow 5 (CI 19140).

REPAIRING TREATMENT
Benzoyl Peroxide, 2.5%.

Water (aqua), ethoxydiglycol, cyclotetrasiloxane, cyclopentasiloxane, cetearyl alcohol, propylene glycol, dimethicone, glyceryl stearate, PEG-100 stearate, panthenol, allantoin, xanthan gum, ceteareth-20, carbomer, triethanolamine, diazolidinyl urea, methylparaben, propylparaben, fragrance (parfum).

stay away!
Reviewed on November 8, 2014

I did became addictive to proactiv,I started using it around the year,1995,,right up until they messed up with the formula around 2009 ,but I wasn't notified until after 2011 ,look on the web ,they had a recall for the cleansers and the treatment except the toner , so if proactiv before that recall used to send me for a visit to the dermatologist every now and then ,imagine what it did after, when their products weren't working and ended up with cystic acne plus probably a flare up of seborrheic dermatitis when their products had nothing on them ,apparently their products weren't made with enough good formula to work ,huh?

I called them and complain and offered me the extra strength formula which as stupid me took the bait and ,I bought ,well ,too late ,back to the dermatologist ,who gave me retin a ,huh ? I think I should have taken the Accutane,hummm well ,too old for that ,I think my liver can't take it.

So ,proactiv went and changed their formula after the recall,coincidence.,,?

I doubt that.

So ,let me tell you ,I think the reason proactiv kept failing cause they don't care to check on their formula ,sometimes it could be almost perfect ,others a wreck on your face .

My daughter used it for about 6 years ,I will be honest to you ,it did worked on her right up until the recall ,when ,she asked whatever happened to proactiv,did they change the formula or what,well I asked the same question ,??? What the ....you know what .

My daughter didn't really had acne ,just the occasional zit ,proactiv made her skin too oily .but can't lie to you again ,no zits ,well right up until she decided she needed make-up ,..sad.

Well I do speak for myself ,I was a proactiv slave ,dealing with their messed products and messed up services all the time .

I was really very misinformed,I didn't know what to use or didn't read enough,now we have Google ,yeah.

Ok ,the basics ,back to what matters,does proactiv work ,well it really did ,back in the day when they started and probably 4 years after ,then after that they didn't care if their formula was being formulated up to their good standards.

So that is my view ,you are better off using an over the counter cleanser ,toner and me and my daughters favourite favourite now ,the acne.org treatment ,please Daniel kern ,always check on your products.

by freddiecat on 11/09/2014 18:09
I did have the flare up of seborrheic dermatitis while using proactiv and cystic acne. You're not the only one with that issue.
no one to talk to
Reviewed on November 3, 2014

I find when I call the company I get no help. Either the person on the other end does not speak understandable english or if I ask the person to read to me a list of my products ...they read it to me so fast that it is of no help to me at all.

Service is very important and basically there is none.

Extremely poor customer service and a mediocre product
Reviewed on November 1, 2014

This system had no effect on my acne, and I would never recommend it to anyone. Not only that, but when I attempted to cancel two customer service representatives hung up on me before learning why I called. When I was able to reach a third representative and cancel I was actually told "Well, that's your loss."

Proactive Acne Treatment – Good To Worse !!!! 5 YEARS Experience! MUST READ
Reviewed on October 17, 2014

Proactive Acne Treatment – Good To Worse !!!! 5 YEARS Experience! MUST READ

Hi there, i am 23/Male...this review is exactly according to the experience I have had with proactive Acne treatment kit... I Have started proactive when I was around 18 years , a teenager. I have Mild acne and few Bumps occasionally, but otherwise a Smooth skin. I ordered proactive once I saw a commercial on television. I saw it when it was NOT that popular in India and I trusted it paying Rs 2495 for a supply of 2 months.

I used it and discovered that this product did some miracles to my skin transforming it to a glowing one in just 1 month. I then continued this product till I was 21 years. Then I was a bit worried about the amount of price they started charging for the Proactive kit which was now of 3495 Rs a supply a 2 months. I trusted the experience i had and continued it with the price hiked.

Suddenly I realised, the product has STOPPED working for me when it comes to preventing New ACNE from coming. Earlier i thought it may be something related to the weather, but since then it had all gone wrong for me.

I kept on ordering the product in a hope that it would give me those earlier results, but that is when I felt I am just WASTING my money over the product. Till I turned 23, it had been 5 years since I have started proactive, and the last 2 years experience has been Bizarre.

Currently I am at almost the end of the supply and I am NOT even thinking of ordering it again wasting my Money more then what it deserves. Right now my Skin have OPEN PORES , Roughness , Acne marks , Uneven skin tone , and of course ACNE.

It doesn’t seem I have ever had a good skin and Ever Used a Proactive, whereas i have used it for around 5 years and still using it waiting for the Supply to END.

I suggest people NOT to go for proactive and it would make your skin a WARZONE with chemicals fighting and even worsening your skin. Once the earlier results might be Good, but remember, ANYTHING INSTANT HAVE SIDE-EFFECTS LATER !!!

I suffered so I am Just warning You people to Think before you Order it , as It is As effective as Normal Skincare Products in the Market , so why Paying 5-6 Thousand rupees for such a Crap!!!

I would Like to suggest people to for other Mild product rather than going for Proactive solutions , as it Would be very difficult for you to cope with the after-effects once you STOP using it , considering the price Level it is Reaching to , as well as Many UNHAPPY users QUESTIONING its side-effects and NON-EFFECTIVENESS..!!

If you would Tell about this to their Helpline, they would Just questing you about you Way of USING the kit. I have been Using it since 5 YEARS and i Don’t think i am a FOOL!! NOT using it properly since Such a Long time and that too when earlier i had effective results of the product. They just do it to HIDE their FAULTS of the Product. And then they will Insist you to BUY Various other product of PROACTIVE so to GET GOOD RESULTS..!! I just want to as you , if your 3 STEP sysem is NOMORE effective , what would other products do..???????????????

Complete Money waste , and will Ruin your SKIN on LONGTERM...!!

That’s all from me, a Genuine experience from starting Proactive 5 YERAS ago Till Today’s Date...

Thanks

Good product but TERRIBLE customer service.
Reviewed on October 15, 2014

Do not ever use Proactiv. They are crooks. I had called to cancel my order and was told that I didn't need to cancel my account, they would pause it and I could reactivate it any time. Then, unbeknownst to me, they send me a package I had never requested. When I called to complain, they expected me to send it back at my own cost. After demanding a return shipping label and never getting my refund (months later!), I called to demand my refund and was informed I would never get the shipping charge refunded. I NEVER ORDERED ANYTHING!! Don't ever do business with these thieves.

BURNS MY SKIN!!!
Reviewed on October 14, 2014

After suffering from minor acne at the age of 15 i turned to proactic. I found that it made my skin vreak out more and made fine lines and very uneven skin tone. 1 year late i still suffer breakouts. I used the proactiv repairing treatment (step3) after 15 minutes of painful burning i washed it off my face to find where i had apolied the treatment there were very visible burns on my face. I am so upset and cannot sress enough how bad this product is for your skin. Its money spent for burns and a face full of blemishes. I wish i could post a photo so people could see how bad the burns are.

Worst freaking customer service EVER
Reviewed on October 14, 2014

ok... their website sucks. Fort some reasons, sometime, you just can't order online. They tell you to call them to "work on the issue"... forget that... they just give you all kind of bogus reason to force you to order by phone (I guess the telephonist get a commission).

The problem is NONE of the order by telephone are right. all kinds of mistakes... wrong product, wrong quantities, wrong billing amount. You ask to talk to a supervisor... not trouble, they will call you in 60 min! loll what a joke... spent evening trying to explain to 2-3-4-5 different person WHAT is the issue... EASY: CAN'T order online! and I don't want to do it by phone because you always SCREW UP! well... at least the products works (when you can order/get the right one).

Poor Shipping Timing
Reviewed on October 10, 2014

Product works moderately well, but their shipping method is horrible. Shipment goes "on the truck" as late as one week after it's supposed to.

Didnt work long term
Reviewed on October 10, 2014

I used this in my early 20's and it did cleared my skin and at some point I stopped using it (dont remember why, probably cost or i thought I didnt need it any longer) I Tried it again around age 29 and it didnt work at all. I think depending on the severity this could and clearly does work for many people but if you are dealing with a long term problem like I was you should probably try something else.

SHIPPING HASSLES, DRY SKIN AND CREDIT CARD ISSUES.
Reviewed on October 2, 2014

Proactiv loves to use the whole "user agreement" bullsh*t. Basically, I purchased only ONE MONTH supply of proactiv just to try it out, unpleased with my dry skin, I knew I wouldn't order again. To my suprise, I had received another package. They had charged my credit card also. As I call to try to explain to them it is unauthorised, they explain that it's part of the "user agreement" that everyone reads of course. I would have to become a member to order the product at all, but if you become a member, no matter what you buy, they ship you the product every month, and charge your credit card without a notice or reminder. You now have to go to the hassle of returning the product and dealing with their terrible customer service.

If they were really enthusiastic about their product, they wouldn't make it a necessity to pay with credit card, but PayPal.

I believe this company is about the money and seems to pay big dollars for the celebrities that advertise it.

P.s only temporarily helped my skin, as soon as you stop, you break out. Hmm... Coincidence? I think not. Don't buy unless you want dry skin, to be hassled, and experience terrible customer service.