Page 3 of Proactiv Solution Acne Treatment System reviews

2.6/5 - 4428 reviews

Brand: Proactiv Solution

RENEWING CLEANSER
Benzoyl Peroxide, 2.5%

Water (aqua), magnesium aluminum silicate, glyceryl stearate, PEG-100 stearate, sorbitol, dimethyl isosorbide, disodium PEG-12 dimethicone sulfosuccinate, tridecyl stearate, neopentyl glycol dicaprylate/dicaprate, polyethylene, cetyl esters, anthemis nobilis flower extract, sodium hyaluronate, sodium PCA, xanthan gum, tridecyl trimellitate, propylene glycol, Imidazolidinyl urea, methylparaben, propylparaben, fragrance (parfum).

REVITALIZING TONER
Ingredients:
Water (aqua), glycolic acid, hamamelis virginiana (witch hazel) extract, anthemis nobilis flower extract, rosa canina fruit extract, aloe barbadensis leaf juice, sodium PCA, panthenol, glycerin, propylene glycol, allantoin, polysorbate 20, hydroxyethylcellulose, sodium hydroxide, benzophenone-4, tetrasodium EDTA, imidazolidinyl urea, methylparaben, propylparaben, fragrance (parfum), blue 1 (CI 42090), yellow 5 (CI 19140).

REPAIRING TREATMENT
Benzoyl Peroxide, 2.5%.

Water (aqua), ethoxydiglycol, cyclotetrasiloxane, cyclopentasiloxane, cetearyl alcohol, propylene glycol, dimethicone, glyceryl stearate, PEG-100 stearate, panthenol, allantoin, xanthan gum, ceteareth-20, carbomer, triethanolamine, diazolidinyl urea, methylparaben, propylparaben, fragrance (parfum).

Proactiv Solution 4-pc. Acne Treatment System
updated: 10/20/2014 23:07 UTC

never again
Reviewed on September 1, 2014

had hopes for this stuff, my mom ordered it for me and we were both excited. after 2 months of using the whole system i gave up as it gave me HUGE red pimples along with cherry red and rice cake dry skin. might just be me but i wouldn't recommend this to anyone.

Love
Reviewed on August 12, 2014

Proactive, you've saved my face so many times. Even if I can't use you when my skin is clear, and you cease to be effective on a long-term breakout (because BP sucks,) you resolve 90% of my acne like nothing else has before or since. I'll keep coming back.

by cabraham on 09/19/2014 21:06
Proactive IS BP...
YES.. I would recommend this product for anyone who is struggling with Acne.
Reviewed on August 7, 2014

I had Adult Acne and this product did work for me. I only used the cleanser once a day and treatment once a day as when I used it as recommended (twice a day) my skin dried out too much. You have to give it a good try (at least a month) to see if it will work for you. I was very happy with the results and have been using it for about 4 months now. I use my own moisturizer that I buy at the drug store because I like it and it has SPF in it.

Awful
Reviewed on August 7, 2014

The product itself it not bad, But be careful with the company I placed my first order in January and I didn't receive all the items. I then had a refund and placed a separate order which I paid for in full. Then 3 months later I was charged for products for an order I dint even place. Be very careful with this company, if you can buy these products from a shop then I would say it is semi worth it. But do not purchase over the phone directly with company or over the internet,

Horrible Company EVER!!!!
Reviewed on July 25, 2014

The Proactive doesn't work!!!! The truth is that the company is a big ASS lie!!!! The product makes your skin really dry, red and looks horribly!!! IT DOESN'T WORK!!!! Proactive has the worst customer service department I have ever had the displeasure of working with. They took my credit card information and after 5 months I found out that they sent me just 2 kit products and they charged me almost 400$!!!!!!!!! for nothing. After I called them and I found out that the products actually do not costs as mush as it is on commercial or on their website but cost way more much! If they're telling you that the kit with products costs 35-40$ is a totally LIE!!! After they charged me 400$ they told me that one kit with 3 products costs 130$!!!!!! The representatives were horrible, rude, and didn't give me the information I needed to clear the account. They are just liars. Proactive is a complete rip off and horrendously managed to boot. Don't waste your money. Horrible product, horrible customer service EVER, rude and aggressive!!!! DO NOT WASTE YOUR MONEY!!!!!!!!! I won't give this horrible company no star for review!

by daizy485 on 08/07/2014 12:53
Totally agree with this persons comment. I wish I had read this and done some research on the company before purchasing the product. I also found that when I would cleanse my skin, it would sting terribly. Very aggressive customer service and they took money from my account. I will be taking further action via trading standards
Terrible Product. Terrible Company.
Reviewed on July 22, 2014

The treatment didn't work for me and caused major irritation leaving my skin peeling and raw. I will also say that proactive has the worst customer service department I have ever had the displeasure of working with. They took my credit card information at the time of purchase but didn't actually charge my account and then sent me to collections for a product I thought I had already paid for. I spent month attempting to work out the situation. The representatives were horrible, rude, and didn't give me the information I needed to clear the account. Proactive is a complete rip off and horrendously managed to boot. If I could give it no stars I would. Don't waste your money.

Not worth the money
Reviewed on July 17, 2014

Moderate acne. Fell for this as a teenager. Used it for over a year. It helped some with the acne but not much more than OTC treatments. Left my skin with bad texture and looking desperate. I've since had better luck with home remedies. I think part of the problem is we always attack our face instead of nourishing and supporting it. Proactive did nothing to nourish my skin leaving is looking half-dead.

Adam Levine doesn't know what he's talking about -- Proactiv+ is a bad idea
Reviewed on July 15, 2014

I've been using Proactiv for about 3 years. I virtually had flawless skin after using it for 6 months. However, early this year I started breaking out. I tried Proactiv+, as it claimed to be improved and better for your skin (I have sensitive skin), but my acne got worst. I now have scarring and 2-3 new pimples every morning. I canceled the product & the rep tried to sell me other products in the process. I don't know what to do now. I never had acne in puberty, but now I have breakouts in my early 20s. I've tried over the counter products, including Panoxyl (10% benzoyl peroxide), and even a $30 kit from France. Trusting products that are endorsed by celebrities obviously isn't beneficial. I will be trying acne.org's products before I turn to a dermatologist for a prescription.

not good
Reviewed on July 11, 2014

This stuff does not work at all. It makes your face red and flaky. I would use epiduo that stuff actually works.

Initially helped clear up a bit, but made it WORSE after 8 weeks!
Reviewed on July 10, 2014

I'm 25 and have had acne for 15 years. Yes, my first pimple was when I was 10 and I started breaking out when I was in middle school full force in 7th grade, so I've tried it all (antibiotics, facials, topicals, even Accutane twice). I even first tried Proactiv in high school and thought since I'm older now it could work. Recently, I tried Proactiv+ . Now, I know on the site they disclose in FAQ that nodular/cystic should get professional attention, and Proactiv+ will likely not help. Although I have nodular acne, I also still have black and whiteheads I'd hoped it would take care of. I was hoping to at least clear some of the tiny, petty bumps and little breakouts after I stopped the oral antibiotic prescription I'd been on and wanted a way to keep my face under control. At first it did rein in the redness and some developing acne WITHIN A DAY! Wow, was I excited! Then midway through my second kit, my jawline and cheeks went CRAZY. Nodular as well as whitehead acne all over the place!!! Embarrassing! Even with reduced amount of product use, it made my skin feel dry and itch. Today I saw my dermatologist and will be trying antibiotics again since they worked pretty well and I guess I just can't live without them since it's probably my genetics and/or hormones. I can't risk scarring and embarrassing break outs anymore. And when it's your face you're dealing with, you need a product to work in a timely manner! I cancelled Proactiv+ today, and I wish it worked out. I recommend to anyone with similar issues as me to go on antibiotics/oral prescription drugs. Good luck to you all and save your time and emotion from Proactiv+! 2 stars because it helped in the beginning, but in the end, Proactiv+ Solution was NOT a solution:(