Page 3 of Proactiv Solution Acne Treatment System reviews

2.6/5 - 4514 reviews

Brand: Proactiv Solution

RENEWING CLEANSER
Benzoyl Peroxide (2.5%).

Water (aqua), magnesium aluminum silicate, glyceryl stearate, PEG-100 stearate, sorbitol, dimethyl isosorbide, disodium PEG-12 dimethicone sulfosuccinate, tridecyl stearate, neopentyl glycol dicaprylate/dicaprate, polyethylene, cetyl esters, anthemis nobilis flower extract, sodium hyaluronate, sodium PCA, xanthan gum, tridecyl trimellitate, propylene glycol, Imidazolidinyl urea, methylparaben, propylparaben, fragrance (parfum).

REVITALIZING TONER
Ingredients:
Water (aqua), glycolic acid, hamamelis virginiana (witch hazel) extract, anthemis nobilis flower extract, rosa canina fruit extract, aloe barbadensis leaf juice, sodium PCA, panthenol, glycerin, propylene glycol, allantoin, polysorbate 20, hydroxyethylcellulose, sodium hydroxide, benzophenone-4, tetrasodium EDTA, imidazolidinyl urea, methylparaben, propylparaben, fragrance (parfum), blue 1 (CI 42090), yellow 5 (CI 19140).

REPAIRING TREATMENT
Benzoyl Peroxide (2.5%).

Water (aqua), ethoxydiglycol, cyclotetrasiloxane, cyclopentasiloxane, cetearyl alcohol, propylene glycol, dimethicone, glyceryl stearate, PEG-100 stearate, panthenol, allantoin, xanthan gum, ceteareth-20, carbomer, triethanolamine, diazolidinyl urea, methylparaben, propylparaben, fragrance (parfum).

I Had to Ice My Face Down
Reviewed on January 2, 2016

I pretty much have no acne but I wanted to try something new. I put this on my face and now I look like I have doll circle blush on my cheeks. I had to ice it down cuz it burned. If you recieved this as a gift like I did, regift it to someone you hate.

by Be@r on 01/12/2016 06:00
BB NATURAL SPRAYS FIND us on Facebook. Amazing product
DON'T BUY PROACTIV!
Reviewed on December 29, 2015

HORRIBLE COMPANY!! I used to use the regular proactiv that worked fine. As a young adult, I wanted to try using it again. But they changed their formula (to the new proactiv +), which DOES NOT WORK! I was mad it wasn't working like their old system. But whatever, I only ordered the 30 day product. Right?

WRONG!

They will keep charging you these sneaky automatic payments. When I saw a payment pop up on my credit card bill, I was pissed. So I called, saying I wanted to cancel my account. The guy kept saying "why, what else can I offer you..?" blah bah blah, but I was firm - NO. CANCEL MY ACCOUNT. So he said sure, he did it.

Well well well. Today, I check my credit card bill? $36.45 from proactiv. I am furious. Had to cancel my credit card just to get them off my f**king case.

DO NOT BUY PROACTIV!! Their customer service is horrible, and the product does NOT WORK! They just use celebrities to lure you in, but trust me, it is NOT worth it!

by Be@r on 01/12/2016 05:56
Find another company!!!
Reviewed on December 27, 2015

Save yourself some time and do not order from this company. I placed an order for $19.95 with free shipping on 12/20/15. My debit card was charged $39.95. I have been fighting for seven days to get my money back. I now have no product as customer service cancelled my order and they are refusing to refund the money taken from my account.

by Be@r on 01/12/2016 05:56
;-;
Reviewed on December 14, 2015

At first there was some minor irritation and dry skin....little did I know 2-3 weeks later I would have some sort of reaction....I don't even know what to do anymore....

BB NATURAL SPRAYS FIND US ON FACEBOOK. AMAZING PRODUCT
Blow over this and find another product.
Reviewed on December 11, 2015

I didn't have any breakouts until I used this. It is very strong and full of peroxide. It dried my skin when used as directed. It seems like a product that tries to make your skin addicted to using it, which is a losing battle I don't want to start. If you bought it and want to use, I suggest using less than what is recommended. I'm using smaller than a pea size, but I can feel a build of weird oils in my skin that I have never felt before and I developed bumps and broke out immediately after one use. This stuff is terrible.

by Be@r on 01/12/2016 06:02
Proactiv Ruined my Skin
Reviewed on December 11, 2015

My acne was never too problematic; I used to break out as much as any other person with uncontrollably oily skin and ineffective stress coping techniques, but I did do enough that I thought investing in a reportedly "good" acne treatment would be a good idea. The first time I used it, my skin got incredibly irritable, but I figured that was just the way the treatment worked. In the morning, however, I woke to find 7 or 8 cystic pimples littered on my lower cheek/jaw area, so I immediately stopped using the treatment. It's been over a week since I stopped using it and my acne has gotten worse still; my cheeks look like the God damn Rocky Mountain range, AND THEY'RE STILL HAPPENING!!! MY SKIN WAS NEVER NEARLY THIS BAD BEFORE!!! I'm super pissed, but I guess I should have done more research before spending upwards of $100 on this crap. Overall: this is the WORSE investment I have ever made and completely regret it.

by Be@r on 01/12/2016 06:02
Drugstore Acne Products Are Better Than This Crap
Reviewed on December 2, 2015

First, I have always been skeptical about products that are advertised on TV and are not sold in stores, instead having to order over the phone or through their website. I get even more skeptical when the company uses celebrities to endorse their products. I have a hard time believing Jessica Simpson uses Proactiv when she has the money to afford high cost treatments and to see the best dermatologists in the world. Not to mention celebrities are getting paid big money to say a product is great. But, despite all this, I decided to go try it since it's been around so long.

So, after buying this, I went home and used it, all three steps. My face kind of burned a little after I washed but went away after 20 minutes. However, about 4 hours later, my entire face felt like it was burning. Nothing could stop that sensation. I tried moisturizer, I tried soaking my face with a cold washcloth, nothing worked. The next day the burning sensation was still there. I also noticed that my skin felt very tight, and also felt very dry. It wasn't until the second day after using Proactiv that the burning sensation went away, and that wasn't until the late afternoon. I know it's not from the BP because I've used BP before without ever having this reaction.

Thankfully, I didn't use this crap after this. It is a very bad sign to feel like your face is burning for two days after only using a product once! Honestly, there is so much better stuff for acne in your drugstore than this crap, and not to mention much cheaper!

by oyinkan98 on 12/02/2015 19:40
Agree
BB NATURAL SPRAYS FIND US ON FACEBOOK. AMAZING PRODUCT
Proaciv Solution ruined my skin completely
Reviewed on November 24, 2015

I had been on Proactiv when I was in my early 20's for a few years than gradually bumped up the Extra Strength (10% Benzoyl Peroxide) line after the 2.5% stopped working for me. I began breaking out with large cystic acne, getting more congested on my cheeks, jawline and although I was always broken out on my t-zone it was still never cleared. Even when Proactiv was working it didn't fully clear my skin up completely as promised. At one point my skin erupted so badly covered in zits and cysts I said enough. I cancelled my membership and discontinued Proactiv right away to get professional treatment by my dermatologist and so glad I did. I will NEVER use Proactiv again....

by Be@r on 01/12/2016 05:58
Don't do it.
Reviewed on November 23, 2015

I have been trying w/o success to cancel my proactiv account for 6 months, since my son had no real improvement using their system. Now they have the nerve to threaten collections. My attorney will be contacting them next.

If Only... If Only
Reviewed on October 26, 2015

Yes proactiv is a great product for some people. Why? Because it does work. But it really only works for a while and then your skin seems to start to build an immunity to it. My skin started clearing with Proactiv for about maybe 3 or 4 months and then my acne flared right back up and it began to burn, peel, and destroy my skin. Also, you become dependent on it. Your skin becomes immune to it, meaning your acne is strong enough to beat the treatment BUT it is still working to keep some of it at bay. So the SECOND you skip one day of your routine, all holy hell breaks loose on your face. Both my sister and I have used this product with the same result but it did last longer - about a year - for my sister.

by Be@r on 01/12/2016 06:04