Page 3 of Proactiv Solution Acne Treatment System reviews

2.6/5 - 4528 reviews

Brand: Proactiv Solution

Benzoyl Peroxide (2.5%).

Water (aqua), magnesium aluminum silicate, glyceryl stearate, PEG-100 stearate, sorbitol, dimethyl isosorbide, disodium PEG-12 dimethicone sulfosuccinate, tridecyl stearate, neopentyl glycol dicaprylate/dicaprate, polyethylene, cetyl esters, anthemis nobilis flower extract, sodium hyaluronate, sodium PCA, xanthan gum, tridecyl trimellitate, propylene glycol, Imidazolidinyl urea, methylparaben, propylparaben, fragrance (parfum).

Water (aqua), glycolic acid, hamamelis virginiana (witch hazel) extract, anthemis nobilis flower extract, rosa canina fruit extract, aloe barbadensis leaf juice, sodium PCA, panthenol, glycerin, propylene glycol, allantoin, polysorbate 20, hydroxyethylcellulose, sodium hydroxide, benzophenone-4, tetrasodium EDTA, imidazolidinyl urea, methylparaben, propylparaben, fragrance (parfum), blue 1 (CI 42090), yellow 5 (CI 19140).

Benzoyl Peroxide (2.5%).

Water (aqua), ethoxydiglycol, cyclotetrasiloxane, cyclopentasiloxane, cetearyl alcohol, propylene glycol, dimethicone, glyceryl stearate, PEG-100 stearate, panthenol, allantoin, xanthan gum, ceteareth-20, carbomer, triethanolamine, diazolidinyl urea, methylparaben, propylparaben, fragrance (parfum).

Proactiv Solution Acne Treatment System

Where to buy is not associated with this product. All proceeds from links go to charity.

Proactiv Solution Acne Treatment System

Not worth the pain not worth the $$$$$
Reviewed on April 27, 2016

I have been struggling with acne ever since i hit puberty and my skin did a complete flip-flop. I went from clear skin to a few chin or nose pimples to where we start the story. I had been using different oil free face wash/Noxzema/cheap cleaners and noticed my face was really breaking out, my makeup i wore everyday also did not help the case. But i was also eating really bad at this time too. My skin is clear from the eyes down but on my forehead i get large bright red bumps, and brown scars. I couldn´t get by with the old mosquito bite excuse, so my mom splurged and bought me the Proactiv 3 step system. I also got the Skin Purifying Mask which in my opinion helped to cool and calm acne spots. The system worked for the first month, and they charged me for a second 90-day treatment. My break down of the 3 step system

Skin Exfoliating face wash- It is much too harsh for acne spots, especially cystic acne or large pimples because it burns open sores scratched sensitive skin. I noticed also after i used it that my skin was so dry and tight and seemed to have lost all of its elasticity.

Pore Targeting treatment- This is the best of the three, it contains benzoyl peroxide which is one of the best treatments for acne. This i felt did the job in penetrating to the root of the acne problem the pore.

Complexion Perfecting Hydrator- This was an iffy product, it burned my skin and dried it out SO much. Rough acne(one that is hot and tingly and burning) and this ¨moisturizer¨ should not be together. It literally numbs my face and that´s funny because it does not even hydrate my skin like it claims to.

OVERALL- I do not suggest wasting 25 dollars on the 3 step system because only one product works average. Its too harsh and it feels to chemically made, if i were you and im struggling with acne i would suggest ST. Ives, Neutrogena or OLAY Fresh Effects, homemade products, or seeing a dermatologist.

Nope Nope NOPE!!!
Reviewed on April 9, 2016

First acne treatment I ever used on my skin back when I was 16, with the encouragement from my stepmom (as she uses it to this day).

She said it works great for her, for me on the other hand, it was the beginning of the rapid downfall of my skin. It made my face so PAINFULLY dry, and my acne even more painfully horrible. It made me develop cystic acne that took so long to get rid of. My skin is also very fair, and it caused me to become so red!

Maybe this product works for some people, but for me it was horrible. My skin is far too sensitive for this product. Benzoyl Peroxide is not for the sensitive skinned, not at all.

HOWEVER, the sulfur face mask was decent for spot treatments. But even that was not enough to fight my acne. I would not recommend this product, but it seems to work for some people. But if you have sensitive skin definitely be careful.

Much Like Many a Lover....I Wanted to Believe.
Reviewed on April 6, 2016

Oh Proactive. I remember my mom loving Proactive when she was like 30 and I was 9. I should have understood then.

I got my first zit in the 5th grade. By 8th grade it was so out of control my loving mother knew something like proactive wouldn't clear up what was happening to my skin so by 14 I was on my first round of accutane. Flash forward to 24 and I have two rounds of accutane behind me and one serious passion for skincare.

Around 20 I started breaking out again. I didn't want to do accutane again though. I really didn't. Plus my breakouts were like average people breakouts. The kind everyone has that looks much worse in the mirror than it does in real life. So I started researching. I also fell in love with YOUTUBE.

I moved to California from New England at 22 and my skin freaked out about it. Like oily all the time. And my already panicked skin was like really at its breaking point. So I was like you know what worked for LA based Adam Levine? PROACTIVE. Lets do that. So I did. Even though I was like really broke.

Anyways, I bought proactive and was immediately in love with it like I am 99% of new products (or partners). However, the thing that I think really bums me out about Proactive is how drying it is. I think this is why it works so well for teenagers in high school but falls short for 22 year old me or my 30 year old mother back in the day. The benzoyl peroxide is dope though. Seriously, everyone knows BP runs town of Salcylic. But literally the pore targeting part of the second wave kit is the best part because the cleanser and moisturizer is just too harsh.

Basically, this isn't a holy grail. We all want to believe Julianne Hough...but she's wrong. You can spend your money much more effectively. Seriously.

Here is the best HOT TAKE I can give on this system: it's too drying. Even if it clears up your normal lightly spotted skin- it will damage the moisture of it. Additionally, if you do have wicked acne prone skin like me, yeah it will dry them out...but then dry you up, so you'll produce more oil...and break out. If Cassandra Bankson doesn't reccommend it...then I'm not into it. If you INSIST on using proactive, stick to that Benzoyl Peroxide Pore Targeting Treatment (it's number two in the kit). That stuff and a good moisturizer is truly fantastic.

Do not buy this product
Reviewed on March 31, 2016

I had cancelled all my shipments from proactiv because i was leaving for basic training and from basic directly to my year long AIT. I decided i wouldnt need any more of their product while i was there. I had also removed my credit card information because i heard all the stories about proactiv being "shady". I figured without a credit card on my acount and with the costumer service agent over the line telling me my shipments have been cancelled that i should be in the clear. Today almost two years later im again trying to cancel my proactiv shipments but this time im paying for two years of shipments that should have never been sent to my home address. Hopefully this time im done with this greedy company... Im so pissed. Besides their terrible way of doing business the product worked well for me but i would not recommend it to anyone just for the fact that i dont want these people getting any more money or scamming anymore customers.

Buyer Beware!
Reviewed on March 9, 2016

I used proactive many years ago and had terrible experiences with their shady business practices, as well as their outdated methods, and lack of sophistication in resolving customer dissatisfaction. Many times I had called to cancel any further shipments (since you know they automatically send you tons of the product whether you need another shipment or not), and they would still bill my card and sometimes not even ship me the product. It became such a hassle I decided that I was done ordering from them. The product was fine, but the customer service was enough to send me in the opposite direction.

Having recently moved to a new area my skin has changed, and I had just received a flyer in the mail for a special $14.95 for the whole system with free shipping, and you could send a check. I thought, uhoh, this is a great offer, and at least I have the peace of mind that if I send a check they cannot continue to charge money to a credit card. Even though my senses said DO NOT order from them. They are a company with no financial integrity... I sent the check in anyway to place the order. This was in January and I still have not received my order. (2 months later) I want to make it VERY clear that they had already cashed my check 3 days after I had mailed the check.

I tried calling multiple people through customer service and well after being passed around to at least 5 people, including "managers". All Promised that someone would research this issue of the "lost check", and being told that someone would call me back. (which no body ever did). I was also told that there is no way to track check payments, and that they are sure that one day soon I will get a check reimbursed to me because Proactiv would never just keep somebody's money. I just laughed at that because if they couldn't ship me my product properly, how would they ever send me a check?. Ridiculous. Anyhow they basically told me that if I want to resolve this that ME, the CUSTOMER, who has already paid for a product I have not received, needs to do my own leg work. I need to get copies of the check, fax it in and hope that it gets resolved. I asked for the phone number to the billing department since I already have the check image on my online banking and I can email them or give all of the necessary information. To that I was told that there is NOT a phone number to call the billing department. What a fraud! I am not mad at the phone rep. as he is trained how to evade actually helping the customer get their money back.

To me, it is NOT about the money, as I really don't care very much about $15. However it is simply the principle of the matter that you cannot deal straight with a company as disorganized as this one.

not recommend
Reviewed on February 15, 2016

it waste of money and does not help my skin at all even worst it ruined my skin

Reviewed on February 15, 2016

Im giving it 3 stars because it did clear me up for about 2 weeks, but then stopped working. I started using this in January and stopped in July. I was so fed up that I was paying so much and it was doing nothing.. If anything it was making the dark scars on my cheeks EVEN DARKER. The whole thing just felt like putting harsh chemicals all over your face.. I was really hoping it was going to work.. It has been working pretty well on my sister but her acne wasn't nearly as bad as mine. Maybe try it if you have not a lot of acne, but if you have cystic acne like me don't waste your money... Its not worth it.

Don't work takes more money!
Reviewed on February 6, 2016

Suffering from spot for many years not severe but clusters of them on times, not only did this make my spots worse but I hadn't read the small print (my mistake but who does?) which meant I had accidental signed up ad ended up paying £60 for more which I didn't even want!

Unfortunately 0 stars is not an option here.
Reviewed on February 2, 2016

This product is a scam. It does not work at all and they will over bill you exponentially even after you cancel your account. If Drs. Rodan and Fields are real doctors, they should be utterly ashamed to have their names connected with this product and company. I am currently looking into legal actions against Proactiv Solutions and/or Guthy-Renker for their billing practices.

Ruined my clothes
Reviewed on January 28, 2016

I hate proactive. It didn't help my skin and it bleached my clothes