Page 2 of Proactiv Solution Acne Treatment System reviews

2.6/5 - 4437 reviews

Brand: Proactiv Solution

RENEWING CLEANSER
Benzoyl Peroxide, 2.5%

Water (aqua), magnesium aluminum silicate, glyceryl stearate, PEG-100 stearate, sorbitol, dimethyl isosorbide, disodium PEG-12 dimethicone sulfosuccinate, tridecyl stearate, neopentyl glycol dicaprylate/dicaprate, polyethylene, cetyl esters, anthemis nobilis flower extract, sodium hyaluronate, sodium PCA, xanthan gum, tridecyl trimellitate, propylene glycol, Imidazolidinyl urea, methylparaben, propylparaben, fragrance (parfum).

REVITALIZING TONER
Ingredients:
Water (aqua), glycolic acid, hamamelis virginiana (witch hazel) extract, anthemis nobilis flower extract, rosa canina fruit extract, aloe barbadensis leaf juice, sodium PCA, panthenol, glycerin, propylene glycol, allantoin, polysorbate 20, hydroxyethylcellulose, sodium hydroxide, benzophenone-4, tetrasodium EDTA, imidazolidinyl urea, methylparaben, propylparaben, fragrance (parfum), blue 1 (CI 42090), yellow 5 (CI 19140).

REPAIRING TREATMENT
Benzoyl Peroxide, 2.5%.

Water (aqua), ethoxydiglycol, cyclotetrasiloxane, cyclopentasiloxane, cetearyl alcohol, propylene glycol, dimethicone, glyceryl stearate, PEG-100 stearate, panthenol, allantoin, xanthan gum, ceteareth-20, carbomer, triethanolamine, diazolidinyl urea, methylparaben, propylparaben, fragrance (parfum).

Proactiv Solution 4-pc. Acne Treatment System
updated: 12/20/2014 00:26 UTC

Good product but TERRIBLE customer service.
Reviewed on October 15, 2014

Do not ever use Proactiv. They are crooks. I had called to cancel my order and was told that I didn't need to cancel my account, they would pause it and I could reactivate it any time. Then, unbeknownst to me, they send me a package I had never requested. When I called to complain, they expected me to send it back at my own cost. After demanding a return shipping label and never getting my refund (months later!), I called to demand my refund and was informed I would never get the shipping charge refunded. I NEVER ORDERED ANYTHING!! Don't ever do business with these thieves.

BURNS MY SKIN!!!
Reviewed on October 14, 2014

After suffering from minor acne at the age of 15 i turned to proactic. I found that it made my skin vreak out more and made fine lines and very uneven skin tone. 1 year late i still suffer breakouts. I used the proactiv repairing treatment (step3) after 15 minutes of painful burning i washed it off my face to find where i had apolied the treatment there were very visible burns on my face. I am so upset and cannot sress enough how bad this product is for your skin. Its money spent for burns and a face full of blemishes. I wish i could post a photo so people could see how bad the burns are.

Worst freaking customer service EVER
Reviewed on October 14, 2014

ok... their website sucks. Fort some reasons, sometime, you just can't order online. They tell you to call them to "work on the issue"... forget that... they just give you all kind of bogus reason to force you to order by phone (I guess the telephonist get a commission).

The problem is NONE of the order by telephone are right. all kinds of mistakes... wrong product, wrong quantities, wrong billing amount. You ask to talk to a supervisor... not trouble, they will call you in 60 min! loll what a joke... spent evening trying to explain to 2-3-4-5 different person WHAT is the issue... EASY: CAN'T order online! and I don't want to do it by phone because you always SCREW UP! well... at least the products works (when you can order/get the right one).

Poor Shipping Timing
Reviewed on October 10, 2014

Product works moderately well, but their shipping method is horrible. Shipment goes "on the truck" as late as one week after it's supposed to.

Didnt work long term
Reviewed on October 10, 2014

I used this in my early 20's and it did cleared my skin and at some point I stopped using it (dont remember why, probably cost or i thought I didnt need it any longer) I Tried it again around age 29 and it didnt work at all. I think depending on the severity this could and clearly does work for many people but if you are dealing with a long term problem like I was you should probably try something else.

SHIPPING HASSLES, DRY SKIN AND CREDIT CARD ISSUES.
Reviewed on October 2, 2014

Proactiv loves to use the whole "user agreement" bullsh*t. Basically, I purchased only ONE MONTH supply of proactiv just to try it out, unpleased with my dry skin, I knew I wouldn't order again. To my suprise, I had received another package. They had charged my credit card also. As I call to try to explain to them it is unauthorised, they explain that it's part of the "user agreement" that everyone reads of course. I would have to become a member to order the product at all, but if you become a member, no matter what you buy, they ship you the product every month, and charge your credit card without a notice or reminder. You now have to go to the hassle of returning the product and dealing with their terrible customer service.

If they were really enthusiastic about their product, they wouldn't make it a necessity to pay with credit card, but PayPal.

I believe this company is about the money and seems to pay big dollars for the celebrities that advertise it.

P.s only temporarily helped my skin, as soon as you stop, you break out. Hmm... Coincidence? I think not. Don't buy unless you want dry skin, to be hassled, and experience terrible customer service.

worst customer service ever
Reviewed on October 1, 2014

I've been a user of this product for 5 years and the product was great. It gave me clear skin however my only complain is their customer service. Recently, I placed an order over the phone. I waited for 3 weeks and nothing came. I called and I was told that i never placed an oder. This incident happened once on my previous shipment. So ok I stretched my patience....placed an order again and was told in 2 days my products will arrive since I had it expidite. I waited for a week, no sign of my product. When I called they said my shipment was cancelled because of a failed credit card. Nobody even called me. I was wondering how could that be when I gave my new c.c info to them. I even made them verify the info to me before I hang up. Well I found out that they did not update my file and they have been using my old card thats why it failed. Now because i could not stretch my patience this time I asked for the manager....requesting to expidite my product giving them 3 days to deliver. Craig the supervisor could not help me. i was so dissapointed. my thing is why would i suffer with their incompetency. i cancelled my order anyway. Im so furious with them.

I hAte proactive
Reviewed on September 26, 2014

This stuff called proactive is not a good product especially for the skin, it is too harsh for the skin. I used proactive and It had me regret it my whole life, not only I wasted my money, but my skin totally dried out, darkened, and burnt. Now I'm totally dissatisfied and angry at myself for trying out something on my skin that later on would have me feeling down and shameful about myself. I do not recommand this stuff proactive to nobody else.

I always find myself coming back to it.
Reviewed on September 23, 2014

I've been using Proactiv on and off for about 6 years now, and I always find myself coming back to it when my skin becomes "irreparable" by other products. I've tried everything else on the market, from prescriptions to all naturals and even oils, but Proactiv always seems to do the job just a little bit better. I would definitely say Proactiv works well on certain skin types, and can increase problems in others. I would say your safest bet when trying the 3 step system is to LISTEN to the directions. DO NOT coat your face in this product. Most of the people I know who do not like Proactiv or say it does not work coat their faces in it (using too much of step 2 and 3), or scrub too harshly (seriously, do not scrub hard or use a lot of the facewash, it WILL dry your skin out if used improperly), or just overuse it (washing too frequently, using too much product), thus increasing breakouts and skin sensitivity. Use this product mildly, and give it a good two months before coming to your conclusion about it. If you feel it's not working or increasing problems, move on to something else. Just remember this product has harsh ingredients, and you need to listen to the directions and not go overboard with the system.

PROS:

It works well with my skin type

Makes my skin feel clean after washing

Gives my skin an almost "matte"-like finish, very good for the makeup I use

Step 3 is an AMAZING spot treatment. if you get a gnarly zit or breakout, slap some of the BP cream on the area for a few hours / overnight and it should dry out the area and reduce the size of the breakout. My absolute favorite part of the system.

Works good on my hormonal cystic acne and adult acne

It seems to help a lot with dark marks and acne scars left behind by larger breakouts

CONS:

It's very harsh when used improperly (believe me, I've been using this product for years and I've had times where I overused it and began breaking out more rather than clearing up)

It can burn, especially on open spots or sores

It isn't for everyone, but you should use the product MILDLY for AT LEAST 8 weeks before coming to your conclusion

Doesn't seem to help much with blackheads

_________________________________

REMEMBER TO USE IN MODERATION AND LISTEN TO THE DIRECTIONS! DO NOT COAT YOUR FACE IN THIS PRODUCT, DO NOT USE MORE THAN IT SAYS OR YOU MAY HAVE ADVERSE EFFECTS. THE INGREDIENTS ARE VERY HARSH ON SKIN BUT THEY DO WHAT THEY ARE MEANT TO!

__________________________________

Some of my tips for people struggling with acne:

Do not pick or pop. DO NOT. Let your face heal itself. If you do feel the need to pick or pop, MAKE SURE you get the entirety of the zit out. If you leave even a little bit of sebum in your face, that zit can come back with a vengeance. Oh, and NEVER EVER press from the side. Always pop by pushing downward. If you push from the sides / squeeze the zit, the sebum can push itself down even deeper into your skin! But honestly I would just leave your breakouts alone. They will work themselves out.

Drink a lot of water. A LOT. Not only is it good for you, but you WILL see results in your skin in just a few days if you increase your water intake.

Give products time. Do not expect results overnight. Your skin works slowly, and acne products are not magic. 3 weeks AT LEAST before deciding if a product is right for you.

Eat healthier! Sugars and dairy products can increase breakouts, be wary of them.

Avoid touching your face with unclean hands.

Sleep on a clean towel or freshly cleaned pillowcase EVERY NIGHT. Oils and sweat get trapped in the fabric and can cause breakouts.

I know acne is hard, but I promise you are all beautiful with or without it. Try not to stress too much over it. You'll get through it.

Works but with hassle
Reviewed on September 23, 2014

Proactiv actually does work for me unlike anyone else I've ever spoke to about it. But the "people" that work for Proactiv are money hungry robots. I've been a customer for 12 years & their website has been down for about a year now. The site says to call them to manage your account which is a huge pain for me. I would get over it if the people on the other end of the phone would listen to me. I ask them to change my shipping date a month later because I had plenty of it stocked up & didn't have the funds to pay for it right now when I didn't need it. They simply ignore that request each time I ask but of course approve the request of adding another product to my package. I called them over a month before my shipment was to come, this wasn't a last minute request. Instead of acknowledging that I want to change my shipping frequency over the phone (that can be done so easily online), their trained response is, "what else can I do for you today?" My strong advice is to purchase from a kiosk/vending machine as I've done before & do NOT give them your payment information for automatic shipping. You will end up with a $60+ bill every month automatically deducted from your bank account/credit card.