Page 2 of Proactiv Solution Acne Treatment System reviews

2.6/5 - 4543 reviews

Brand: Proactiv Solution

RENEWING CLEANSER
Benzoyl Peroxide (2.5%).

Water (aqua), magnesium aluminum silicate, glyceryl stearate, PEG-100 stearate, sorbitol, dimethyl isosorbide, disodium PEG-12 dimethicone sulfosuccinate, tridecyl stearate, neopentyl glycol dicaprylate/dicaprate, polyethylene, cetyl esters, anthemis nobilis flower extract, sodium hyaluronate, sodium PCA, xanthan gum, tridecyl trimellitate, propylene glycol, Imidazolidinyl urea, methylparaben, propylparaben, fragrance (parfum).

REVITALIZING TONER
Ingredients:
Water (aqua), glycolic acid, hamamelis virginiana (witch hazel) extract, anthemis nobilis flower extract, rosa canina fruit extract, aloe barbadensis leaf juice, sodium PCA, panthenol, glycerin, propylene glycol, allantoin, polysorbate 20, hydroxyethylcellulose, sodium hydroxide, benzophenone-4, tetrasodium EDTA, imidazolidinyl urea, methylparaben, propylparaben, fragrance (parfum), blue 1 (CI 42090), yellow 5 (CI 19140).

REPAIRING TREATMENT
Benzoyl Peroxide (2.5%).

Water (aqua), ethoxydiglycol, cyclotetrasiloxane, cyclopentasiloxane, cetearyl alcohol, propylene glycol, dimethicone, glyceryl stearate, PEG-100 stearate, panthenol, allantoin, xanthan gum, ceteareth-20, carbomer, triethanolamine, diazolidinyl urea, methylparaben, propylparaben, fragrance (parfum).

Proactiv Solution Acne Treatment System

Worst product I ever bought!!!
Reviewed on January 4, 2017

This product is just waste of money. It's not working at all and gave me more problem.

So first time when I order it I pay $19.95 + shipping. I thought if it works good like what they said then I got such a good deal!! NO!!! I regret putting that stuff on my face. First time I used it I felt like my face was on fire. It was so hot and it hurt so bad. My face turned red. So I stop using it for couple days and used it again still same and it even got worse. My face start itching really bad and it start bleeding. So I had to go get medical treatment. I couldn't put make up for a month. It was so bad!!!

I called Proactive and told them what happened. This is what he told me. "Okay. I understand you are frustrated. But proactive works great and that's how it works. You will feel burn on your face because it's fighting with your acne. Itch8ng and bleeding is all the bad stuff coming out from your skin." I told them I don't think so and I ask him for a refund and he suggested me use it for one more month. I said no. However next month I got charged $38. I called them again and ask them why they send it and she told me I have to use it for at least 2months to get a result. I told them give my money back they never did. At least she cancelled. But I will not suggest to anyone.

by Karma123 on 02/04/2017 03:32
Very bad business practices with a slide of hand concept. Pay very close attention to what your buying. How many months supply you will receive and at what cost. And if you decide to cancel, make sure you get confirmation and check your statement on billing date for up to a year or maybe forever? I cancelled in February 2017 and in the fastest talker I've ever talked to! Said, oh, so sorry. We will help you and put your acct. On hold till august? Wth! Yes if you don't confirm cancellation they will start your program over for you later. How about that B.S. Here comes karma
Big Mistake
Reviewed on January 3, 2017

This review is long overdue for me. And very long. I apologize in advance but am hopeful that it will help anyone who is considering using this product.

I started using this brand way back when it came out, over 10 years ago. This is when I was in my late teens and had what I now know to be mild acne. But you are so vain in your teens, you think your life is going to end. My mother got it for me after some celebrity on TV told her to and it worked. It did. But again, my acne was like a random pimple once ever 2-3 weeks. Nothing.

Fast forward 10+ years, I have my first baby, my skin goes absolutely bonkers and I go from having beautiful clear skin that I took for granted to this face that I wanted to hide from everyone. It was a pretty desperate time for me. I have this new baby, I am stuck at home and I feel absolutely miserable and sorry for myself the majority of the days. My very first reaction was to go back to Proactive, because my memory of it was that it worked. I call and they tell me that what I used before wasn’t available any longer and that I should try this suite of products. Sure, whatever, they are the experts right?

I get it. And I get on their godforsaken re-occuring billing plan. At first, I didn’t really have any emotions about the product. I do remember initially feeling that the new cleanser formulation was not very nice, I didn’t like the residue it left on my face, it didn’t lather as well… overall I just didn’t like it as much as I remember liking it before. And my acne didn’t get worse but it really didn’t improve either so I was kind of like “meh” on it.

After about 2 weeks, my skin started getting extremely dry. Like cracking. Cracking skin on your face is not desirable if you ask me. Cracked, chapped, peeling and bleeding lips. The skin right under my eyes was turning scaley. I had to start using eyedrops for my eyes - they were so dry that I had trouble keeping them open for prolonged periods of time. At the urging of my husband, I finally went to the dermatologist because I never in a million years thought that it was due to the products I was using. In retrospect, that is silly that it wasn’t obvious but it wasn’t. The dermatologist recommended that I cease using all products for a week and see what would happen.

Guys, I can tell you that within 1-2 days of not using Proactive nearly all of my symptoms went away. My skin just hated that stuff. I immediately called the company and explained what had happened and asked for a refund for the products I had been using, at least the most recent order and I cancelled my re-occuring billing. Or I thought I did. The person that I spoke with on the phone was so not helpful, I had to ask for a supervisor and then explain it to them all over again. The supervisor basically told me it was my fault for ordering the wrong product, that they would not return my money but they would cancel my billing. They were, hands down, the most anti-customer experience I have ever had with any company. Before I hung up, I told them that they could expect very bad reviews from me and there was little to no reaction.

Lo and behold, the reoccurring billing was NOT cancelled, I had to call them AGAIN and tell them what happened. They told me I never cancelled it in the first place and if I wanted my money back from this latest shipment, I would have to ship it back to them at my own cost. WHAT?!! Only after me having a near breakdown on the phone did someone finally agree to just take it back without me having any out of pocket but I would still have to go through the hassle of shipping it back.

Man - this is long. Sorry but it does get better. :) After that, I was bound an determined to bad mouth this company to anyone I could. I was so pissed! I remembered seeing reviews and came here. But after about 5 mins, I got side tracked and started looking for some product to help my still bad skin. There were lots of recommendations throughout but the one that stood out to me was one I had never heard of, called Ninja. What stood out to me was everyone kept talking about how awesome their customer service was. Given my latest experience, that is what I was looking for. So I called them and I am so so so happy I did. The reviews were not wrong - it is hands down the best customer service I have ever experienced and the products are killer. Within 2-3 weeks, my acne from the last 3 years was all but gone and they actually called me randomly to make sure that it was all going according to plan. What the what?! I had never expected that, I was stoked and had all but forgotten about Proactive.

Until yesterday when my neighbor told me randomly that she had bought Proactive for her daughter. I was floored and realized that I never had posted that review of them and here you go - more people are getting sucked into their web. So Proactive - I told you I would tell people how you treated me and likely treat loads of other people from the looks of it. And here I am doing it! Don’t use this product!! There are better ones out there!=

Reviewed on December 31, 2016

They take my money and I am a kid and i don't have much they put you on a 90 day kit where you have to pay each month around 30$ they took all my money and refused to give me a refund they took all my birthday money thank you proactiv for making a kid lose money how would i have known they would charge you its in small imprint and who reads those very very few.

by Karma123 on 02/04/2017 03:36
Very sad that they manipulate the public into a scheme that they wouldn't think the would see from a what we thought was a reputable company? Slide of hand, magic show. Report this to your creditor. Cancel your card and have a new one issued and you will never have to deal with them again or worry about checking your acct. Karma, here's your sign!
HORRIBLE!!!
Reviewed on August 27, 2012

DO NOT BUY PROACTIVE!!! These money suckers hire INSANE people who will blow out your ear drums whenever you come across any problem with their product.

People, the medicine they use WILL make your face red and dry but that's not the point. The point is doing a regimen that WORKS. Who the hell do these people think they are? Their company sucks, their employees suck, and they have more "Consumer Reports" and "Scams" (Google it) than any other TV advertisement I have seen or care to read up on. Do some research on the company and THEN review it when you get off the product.

I bought their product and tried to cancel two weeks later when I found out what these people do for a living, but it was too late because they ALREADY sent out the second package for TWICE as much! We tried canceling the order but they refused to leave our bank account alone. We closed our bank account next month JUST to get these people off our ass but they CALLED OUR BANK demanding us to pay for the second AND third month!!! ARE YOU F***ING SERIOUS?!

We ended up pouring everything the sent us down the drain. The regimen takes way too much time, makes your skin smell and feel like ass when you get off it, and their customer service literally harasses you AND your bank/credit card company making sure that you make payments you never authorized on. RESEARCH the company people!!! RESEARCH!!! Screw these people for taking several hundred dollars away from us and for wasting our time.

Worked great for me
Reviewed on December 18, 2016

I started using the 3-steps, but now I only use the cleanser. The other products don't do much for me and are overpriced since I can get the same exact items from other brands. I'm 26 and have the same skin problems I did 10 years ago, so I've tried almost everything. It's not perfect, but I definitely notice that it helps. I also use it 1-2 times a week tops so I don't run into the problem it looks like many others have with my skin not responding well to it over time due to overuse. After 2-3 months of almost daily use, its effectiveness had surely faded. It was working SO well, it was disappointing when I discovered that was happening. But it's still the best product I've tried. Granted, I have atypical skin. It's dry and oily, sensitive to everything, and sporadically breaks out in unpredictable places. I also agree the company and customer service is among the sh*ttiest I have experienced, but still not the worst.

by Karma123 on 02/04/2017 03:40
One of the best slide of hand magic shows I've seen! If you want to be taken advantage of, sign up. I recommend going to a kiosk if you need and feel you like this product and pay cash. Nothing I hate more than having the wool pulled over my eyes! But good job of taking advantage of all these trusting people. Karma is on its way!!!
WORST ACNE TREATMENT !!!
Reviewed on December 15, 2016

proactiv is by far the worst acne treatment I have had mil acne for a while an I bought proactive thinking it will help my acne it made me breakout even more so if you are considering ti buy this product do not waste your money!!!!

Bad product by an even worse company
Reviewed on November 10, 2016

Problem #1:

I used this product from the ages of 16-18. The product had worked great then and I got off of it when my skin became immune to it. I am now 22 and I just reordered it because my skin had become immune to a different product I have been using for the past couple years. I had ordered through the Proactiv website and they had a promo for free little goodies. I received the shipment about a week later and tried it a day after that. The product completely dried out my skin! I have never used any product that dried my skin out quite like this one. I attempted to the use the product 3 times. It took 4 days for my skin to recover between those uses. So I used the product for roughly 12 days. If you use the product in the 3 step recommended dose, the cleanser comes first, then the toner, and then the lotion. The lotion could not save my skin from the severe dryness caused by the cleanser.

Problem #2:

Recurring charges. The initial product cost around $35 with shipping and handling. After the attempted use the first month, I was adamant about not using this product again. A month later, I am hit with a $42 charge to my card. When I called their customer service, they had told me that they had shipped out another box and I can expect a $42 charge every month until I cancel the product and a new box of garbage skin care as well. I told them to cancel it and that I wanted a refund for the last box they had sent. They asked me around 20 questions as to why the product didn't work for me and even If I had to seek medical attention from the use of their product, as if many customers had to. I asked them how I would go about returning the product and receiving a refund. They told me that I had to pay out of pocket to return and that a return label would be sent to me in the next 7-10 business days. Looking at the weight of the box and dimensions, that's about $15 out-of-pocket just to receive $42 back ($27 outcome). She then told me to hold onto the first bottles I had received from last month for the next 30 days and told me that I could possibly receive a call from them asking me to return them to the company at my expense. If I receive no call, then just toss them in the garbage, a waste of $35 again.

My only advice to you is being very careful around this predatory company because they will try to take advantage of every penny they can get out of you. I would recommend going for a product you can purchase in store and have the option of returning in store to avoid any issues you may have if this product doesn't seem to work for you.

by Karma123 on 02/04/2017 03:46
I totally had the very same experience. Do not do bu sinews with these people on a online basis! If you need and like the product go to a,kiosk and pay cash. Over the phone they talk there speak so quickly you need a law degree or fast ear to catch there true manipulative self! Pathetic. But, bravo, you fooled me once. Never again will I do business with you and nobody else should either. Here comes karma
DO NOT BUY
Reviewed on November 9, 2016

I thought I would give Proactiv a try so ordered a pack, it actually made my skin a lot worse than anything else I've ever tried but not only that, after persevearing for 10 days I gave up. A month later £65 disappeared from my account, a few days after this I received another package which I did not want or ask for. I had read other reviews about being careful of the subscription- I carefully checked through the payment confirmation from my first order (I didn't receive one for the second 'supposed' order) but I couldn't find anywhere that I had signed up to any kind of subscription! Customer service (who were horrendous) told me that it was in very small print on the checkout page and had to walk me through the ordering process so they could point out to me exactly where it was. So this was totally unclear. I was furious- I sent the package back without even opening it (by special delivery as they take no responsibility for receiving it if it's not sent this way or by courier). I have so far waited over a week and still no refund, called the customer service number to which they said "it's not been processed yet, once we get it, we have to send it back to our warehouse abroad so could take a couple of weeks" - so still waiting, THIS COMPANY ARE CON ARTISTS, DO NOT BUY THEIR PRODUCTS. They don't work and you'"" have a nightmare trying to get out of a subscription you supposedly sign up to.. as for getting a refund.. well, I'll let you know when it finally arrives! :(

by Karma123 on 02/04/2017 03:48
Total scam, and you wander why nobody trusts you. I hope you drown. Here comes karma!
Proactiv not for long term use. acne will get worse and product is overpriced
Reviewed on October 21, 2016

Proactiv will initially help to clear your skin (not a cure for acne by any means) but its effectiveness will decrease over time. If you look at the amount of money you pay (or are forced to pay) for proactiv it is actually a lot cheaper to go to a dermatologist and get an individualized treatment plan for your acne. I got tired of not seeing results and decided to go to a dermatologist. Too much to pay for proactiv for no results.

by Karma123 on 02/04/2017 03:52
Definitely, go to a dermatologist, a lot less headaches and no lies will become of it. Here comes Karma!
idk
Reviewed on October 12, 2016

I have not tried it yet, will update ASAP when i get to using it!

by Karma123 on 02/04/2017 03:55
Watch your back and your account on a monthly basis, they reappear like,a bad dream. Over and over. Here comes Karma!