Proactiv Solution Acne Treatment System reviews

2.6/5 - 4438 reviews

Brand: Proactiv Solution

RENEWING CLEANSER
Benzoyl Peroxide, 2.5%

Water (aqua), magnesium aluminum silicate, glyceryl stearate, PEG-100 stearate, sorbitol, dimethyl isosorbide, disodium PEG-12 dimethicone sulfosuccinate, tridecyl stearate, neopentyl glycol dicaprylate/dicaprate, polyethylene, cetyl esters, anthemis nobilis flower extract, sodium hyaluronate, sodium PCA, xanthan gum, tridecyl trimellitate, propylene glycol, Imidazolidinyl urea, methylparaben, propylparaben, fragrance (parfum).

REVITALIZING TONER
Ingredients:
Water (aqua), glycolic acid, hamamelis virginiana (witch hazel) extract, anthemis nobilis flower extract, rosa canina fruit extract, aloe barbadensis leaf juice, sodium PCA, panthenol, glycerin, propylene glycol, allantoin, polysorbate 20, hydroxyethylcellulose, sodium hydroxide, benzophenone-4, tetrasodium EDTA, imidazolidinyl urea, methylparaben, propylparaben, fragrance (parfum), blue 1 (CI 42090), yellow 5 (CI 19140).

REPAIRING TREATMENT
Benzoyl Peroxide, 2.5%.

Water (aqua), ethoxydiglycol, cyclotetrasiloxane, cyclopentasiloxane, cetearyl alcohol, propylene glycol, dimethicone, glyceryl stearate, PEG-100 stearate, panthenol, allantoin, xanthan gum, ceteareth-20, carbomer, triethanolamine, diazolidinyl urea, methylparaben, propylparaben, fragrance (parfum).

Proactiv Solution 4-pc. Acne Treatment System
updated: 12/22/2014 01:47 UTC

Worked initially but then really didn't.
Reviewed on December 20, 2014

I started getting acne at about 21 in the form of non-inflammatory pimples on my chin and forehead. I'm now 25 and have blocked pores mostly all over my face, cystic outbreaks on my chin (hormonal) and forehead and painful hard spots along my jawline. I have mostly oily skin but these days I really have no idea what it's doing.

I tried the core system from proactive about a eighteen months ago and used it for three months. It seemed to really clear my acne however towards the end of the three months I felt that whilst my skin was mostly clear, it looked quite dehydrated. That's when I stopped using it.

I revisited it two months ago when my acne got really, really bad as I knew it had worked for me previously. This was a huge mistake. The first week saw some of the smaller pimples dry up and disappear but then in the fourth and fifth weeks it seemed like the proactive was irritating my skin and causing it to break out further. It seemed that the toner was burning and tingling my skin the most so I avoided this part of the system and the problems see sped to clear slightly but then they just got worse again.

I had a failed stint with retin a about eight months ago and since then my skin has been much more sensitive to everything so it's possible that this is why the proactiv has not worked for me this time round.

The first time round it definitely reduced my breakouts. I stopped using it because it made my skin a but dry and I felt it was starting to look a bit lacklustre.

Best Acne treatment in India - Proactiv
Reviewed on December 15, 2014

I think Proactiv 3 step anti acne system is really great. It is one of the best acne treatments I have come across. I'm getting married in 6 months, and with Proactiv in hand, I have no worries for my skin. :)

Worked when I was younger and had just a few whiteheads, but made my cystic acne worse.
Reviewed on December 9, 2014

It did work when I had better skin with only a few whiteheads and blackheads but made my cystic acne much, much worse.

Tricked into automatic renewal of a skin product??? What a bad joke
Reviewed on November 27, 2014

I had a similar issue with cancelling the automatic renewal over the phone.

I didn't even realize that they auto renew until my sister in-law warned me.

When my credit card bill came, I thought I better call and make sure. The product was not working for me. It gave me a rash and a major SHINE on my face in the afternoon, a few hours after using the shut. I don't have that much acne so I probably didn't really need pro-acne to begin with. That being said, if you try and cancel your pro-acne 'subscription", You might want to simply say “I use something else now."

If you mention any adverse reactions they will transfer/redirect you to a brand new CSR to re-explain as to why you don't want to continue to be billed FOREVER AND EVER.

Here's what happened to me when I called to cancel... I feel I was a lucky one here..

First call - transferred 3 times while being questioned as to reason for cancellation and finally got a voice mail.

Second call - phone disconnected right after I said "please cancel the automatic renewal."

Third call - Actually got the same rep as call #2. I told him that he and I just got disconnected and tried to make it clear that all I wanted to do was cancel and he said that my "subscription" would be cancelled in 24 hours and that I would receive an email confirming the cancellation within 24 hours… which has not come in yet after 26 hours.

Good Product, Awful Company
Reviewed on November 23, 2014

I wish that this product could be offered by someone that provided...any sort of customer service. I was hesitant to use this product. I had heard rumors of their horrible business practice. I addressed my concerns with a representative, who assured me that I could cancel the orders anytime, online. You cannot cancel the auto deliveries online. I also talked to three different representatives about cancelling my orders. I was very clear that I wanted to close my account, and did not want to receive any more products. I still am receiving and being charged for their product, despite several cancellation emails being sent. Their manager would not explain how I had received these emails, yet continued to received their products, when I clearly no longer wanted to. This company is a scam. I will never use their products again due to their poor customer service.

Try a different approach
Reviewed on November 14, 2014

I've tried so many products, but they simply mask acne. A change in diet saved my skin.

See the bigger picture, whats your body trying to tell you?

For anyone interested in taking a different approach at skincare and improving your complexion from the inside out check out the power of Juice Plus. For less than a cup of coffee/day. It's a lifestyle change :)

Message me, I'd be happy to share!

by msblondie95 on 12/02/2014 01:14
What's juice plus
Worst ever!!
Reviewed on November 9, 2014

I have moderate/severe acne and I tried Proactiv and it doesn't doesn't help any. After one month of using it I still got breakouts causing really bad scarring. I do not recommend any with acne to use this product. I also have a German friend who uses Proactiv and still gets bad breakouts. I even seen my older brother using Proactiv and his skin still looked bad. DO NOT USE THIS PRODUCT!!

stay away!
Reviewed on November 8, 2014

I did became addictive to proactiv,I started using it around the year,1995,,right up until they messed up with the formula around 2009 ,but I wasn't notified until after 2011 ,look on the web ,they had a recall for the cleansers and the treatment except the toner , so if proactiv before that recall used to send me for a visit to the dermatologist every now and then ,imagine what it did after, when their products weren't working and ended up with cystic acne plus probably a flare up of seborrheic dermatitis when their products had nothing on them ,apparently their products weren't made with enough good formula to work ,huh?

I called them and complain and offered me the extra strength formula which as stupid me took the bait and ,I bought ,well ,too late ,back to the dermatologist ,who gave me retin a ,huh ? I think I should have taken the Accutane,hummm well ,too old for that ,I think my liver can't take it.

So ,proactiv went and changed their formula after the recall,coincidence.,,?

I doubt that.

So ,let me tell you ,I think the reason proactiv kept failing cause they don't care to check on their formula ,sometimes it could be almost perfect ,others a wreck on your face .

My daughter used it for about 6 years ,I will be honest to you ,it did worked on her right up until the recall ,when ,she asked whatever happened to proactiv,did they change the formula or what,well I asked the same question ,??? What the ....you know what .

My daughter didn't really had acne ,just the occasional zit ,proactiv made her skin too oily .but can't lie to you again ,no zits ,well right up until she decided she needed make-up ,..sad.

Well I do speak for myself ,I was a proactiv slave ,dealing with their messed products and messed up services all the time .

I was really very misinformed,I didn't know what to use or didn't read enough,now we have Google ,yeah.

Ok ,the basics ,back to what matters,does proactiv work ,well it really did ,back in the day when they started and probably 4 years after ,then after that they didn't care if their formula was being formulated up to their good standards.

So that is my view ,you are better off using an over the counter cleanser ,toner and me and my daughters favourite favourite now ,the acne.org treatment ,please Daniel kern ,always check on your products.

by freddiecat on 11/09/2014 18:09
I did have the flare up of seborrheic dermatitis while using proactiv and cystic acne. You're not the only one with that issue.
no one to talk to
Reviewed on November 3, 2014

I find when I call the company I get no help. Either the person on the other end does not speak understandable english or if I ask the person to read to me a list of my products ...they read it to me so fast that it is of no help to me at all.

Service is very important and basically there is none.

Extremely poor customer service and a mediocre product
Reviewed on November 1, 2014

This system had no effect on my acne, and I would never recommend it to anyone. Not only that, but when I attempted to cancel two customer service representatives hung up on me before learning why I called. When I was able to reach a third representative and cancel I was actually told "Well, that's your loss."