Proactiv Solution Acne Treatment System reviews

2.6/5 - 4470 reviews

Brand: Proactiv Solution

RENEWING CLEANSER
Benzoyl Peroxide (2.5%).

Water (aqua), magnesium aluminum silicate, glyceryl stearate, PEG-100 stearate, sorbitol, dimethyl isosorbide, disodium PEG-12 dimethicone sulfosuccinate, tridecyl stearate, neopentyl glycol dicaprylate/dicaprate, polyethylene, cetyl esters, anthemis nobilis flower extract, sodium hyaluronate, sodium PCA, xanthan gum, tridecyl trimellitate, propylene glycol, Imidazolidinyl urea, methylparaben, propylparaben, fragrance (parfum).

REVITALIZING TONER
Ingredients:
Water (aqua), glycolic acid, hamamelis virginiana (witch hazel) extract, anthemis nobilis flower extract, rosa canina fruit extract, aloe barbadensis leaf juice, sodium PCA, panthenol, glycerin, propylene glycol, allantoin, polysorbate 20, hydroxyethylcellulose, sodium hydroxide, benzophenone-4, tetrasodium EDTA, imidazolidinyl urea, methylparaben, propylparaben, fragrance (parfum), blue 1 (CI 42090), yellow 5 (CI 19140).

REPAIRING TREATMENT
Benzoyl Peroxide (2.5%).

Water (aqua), ethoxydiglycol, cyclotetrasiloxane, cyclopentasiloxane, cetearyl alcohol, propylene glycol, dimethicone, glyceryl stearate, PEG-100 stearate, panthenol, allantoin, xanthan gum, ceteareth-20, carbomer, triethanolamine, diazolidinyl urea, methylparaben, propylparaben, fragrance (parfum).

Proactiv Solution Acne Treatment System

I wish I could give this negative stars
Reviewed on August 1, 2015

As soon as you order from proactive once, they will suddenly start charging you for more items that you never ordered or received. I purchased one package in the month of November and did not like it so I didn't go back online to order more. Suddenly in june they tried charging my card again. I got so mad and after being on the phone with them multiple times I cancelled my card to make sure they wouldn't charge me for things I never asked for or even received. Problem solved right? WRONG I received an email two months later saying there is a $65 charge on my account that they will be sending a bill for. Keep in mind the only products I ever received was the initial package. Multiple phone calls later the charge was dropped and needless to say I will NEVER buy from them again and have already warned my friends and family abouy it.

No Difference
Reviewed on July 30, 2015

Ordering from Proactiv was a hassle. They want to sign you up for automatic renewal orders and you have to call again to cancel. I tried Proactiv years ago when I didn't know how to treat my skin, so I touched my face a lot and was overall very rough with my skin. However, it was expensive and I saw no difference with Proactiv at all. I was so disillusioned by the commercial that I actually felt worse about how I looked. Everyone talks about how bad they felt about themselves with acne, like it's a disgusting disease, and then you get the product, it doesn't work, and you feel even worse!

IT WORKS...so far
Reviewed on July 24, 2015

I am 14 and have been getting pretty bad clusters of weird, not-whitehead, not-blackhead acne on my cheeks. And a lot of whiteheads on my chin and upper lip. My forehead gets really bad around my period. I never had any acne until the beginning of this year. I started using Proactiv almost two weeks ago and have already been seeing MAJOR improvements on my forehead and cheeks. Not so much my chin, probably because that's where my stubborn hormonal pimples are. But I am very pleased with the results I have been getting. I wake up to less and less redness everyday. I don't even wear powder on my face anymore. All of the bumps are gone and whenever I wash my face, it feels extremely smooth. I was worried about trying it because of the reviews, but I guess it's just based on your skin. I have very oily skin, especially on and near my nose. Because of this, I normally don't have to deal with dry skin side effects. I recommend that if you have similar skin to mine, try it. The results won't be overnight, obviously. But, with the results I've been getting, I see clear skin in my future. (:

dried my skin out
Reviewed on July 20, 2015

This product dried out my face and my skin started peeling around my mouth and nose. I eased onto using all the cleansers and it still irritated my face and all together made my breakouts worse

Too dying
Reviewed on July 17, 2015

This stuff was WAY too harsh for my sensitive skin. It dried me out and made my pimples more red and irritated. On top of that, it didn't help my acne at all.

Dried out your skin and make no improvement on acne
Reviewed on July 16, 2015

I gave it a try, when I make a first purchase it told me that I'm on 3months trial with 90supply

Which I thought it was ok.

First month, nothing happen.

Second, I said to my self it could take time to see the results, my skin seem to be a bit lighter but the acne ? Still there. All of them!

So this product was not working for me. Apart of dried my skin and Everytime I put moisturiser or anything on, it stings and burn.

It's winter in Australia so I don't know If my skin will be sensitive to sun in summer time.

The part where proactive makes my face look lighter is probably because it's very harsh and my skin just peeled off.

It's not working !

Try it if you want. but it might not work
Reviewed on July 15, 2015

Worked for a while. And then my skin just got resistant to it, so it no longer worked.

Reviewed on July 15, 2015

When I first tried it, it was nice and gentle with my skin and a few days later I started seeing results. The only problem with this product is that is sometimes leaves your face greasy, but otherwise this product was efficient with my skin

Please don't buy
Reviewed on July 14, 2015

If you have sensitive skin do not put this product on your face I had to rush to the emergency room because my face and eyes we're swollen after only using the product TWICE ! My doctor put me ok steroids so it could reduce the swelling and thank god my face is coming back normal

Deceptive Billing - USE CAUTION - Proactiv
Reviewed on July 3, 2015

I called to cancel my Proactiv 2 months ago, but continued to get $43 charges for the past 2 months. That's when they told me that I was on a 90 day recurring cycle and it had to run its course! What?! This doesn't make any sense! Stop sending your overpriced products and stop billing my credit card! Where did this 90 day supply wording come from? I wanted to see if the product was worth it with a one time purchase, which it was not, so I cancelled.

by electra heart on 07/22/2015 05:05
I actually heard about this, and I have some advice for anyone who wants to continue to use the product, but is afraid of this happening to them/has had something like this happen. We read the pissedconsumer reviews AFTER ordering the product (genius, I know) and called after getting it to cancel. I ordered a 90 day supply from the start - BEWARE AND READ THE FINE PRINT. It'll be there on the actual ordering screen. They tell you that they will start billing and sending you 90-day supplies one month after purchase. They say they'll charge you on a monthly basis, but send out the 90-day supply. We order the 90-day supplies, then we call and politely ask them to cancel the account and remove the credit card information. It's always been a quick, easy process for us, but I agree that this process should not be necessary and it does raise question as to the legitimacy of the company. I have heard of out-of-nowhere charges that don't even have anything to do with the billing cycle, or people getting charged and shipped kits that they wont need for months. Please do use caution, or purchase it from an actual store.