Proactiv Solution Acne Treatment System reviews

2.6/5 - 4476 reviews

Brand: Proactiv Solution

RENEWING CLEANSER
Benzoyl Peroxide (2.5%).

Water (aqua), magnesium aluminum silicate, glyceryl stearate, PEG-100 stearate, sorbitol, dimethyl isosorbide, disodium PEG-12 dimethicone sulfosuccinate, tridecyl stearate, neopentyl glycol dicaprylate/dicaprate, polyethylene, cetyl esters, anthemis nobilis flower extract, sodium hyaluronate, sodium PCA, xanthan gum, tridecyl trimellitate, propylene glycol, Imidazolidinyl urea, methylparaben, propylparaben, fragrance (parfum).

REVITALIZING TONER
Ingredients:
Water (aqua), glycolic acid, hamamelis virginiana (witch hazel) extract, anthemis nobilis flower extract, rosa canina fruit extract, aloe barbadensis leaf juice, sodium PCA, panthenol, glycerin, propylene glycol, allantoin, polysorbate 20, hydroxyethylcellulose, sodium hydroxide, benzophenone-4, tetrasodium EDTA, imidazolidinyl urea, methylparaben, propylparaben, fragrance (parfum), blue 1 (CI 42090), yellow 5 (CI 19140).

REPAIRING TREATMENT
Benzoyl Peroxide (2.5%).

Water (aqua), ethoxydiglycol, cyclotetrasiloxane, cyclopentasiloxane, cetearyl alcohol, propylene glycol, dimethicone, glyceryl stearate, PEG-100 stearate, panthenol, allantoin, xanthan gum, ceteareth-20, carbomer, triethanolamine, diazolidinyl urea, methylparaben, propylparaben, fragrance (parfum).

Consistency Pays Off!
Reviewed on August 29, 2015

Five months ago I was extremely insecure about my acne! Not only did I have it on my face, but on my chest and back as well. It was extremely unnerving and embarrassing. My mom decided one day that finally we would try proactiv and see how it worked. Turns out, for me, it worked miracles!! It took a couple weeks to kick in, but that was expected! It's unreasonable to think it will make a difference the next day. However, while the acne did not disappear straight away, I immediately felt cleaner and just generally better! Every morning I wash my face, back, and chest with the Deep Cleansing Wash, and clean the same areas every night with the Clear Zone Body Lotion and Clear Zone Body Pads. Using Proactiv has become a part of my daily routine and I do not plan on stopping anytime soon! I would absolutely suggest this product to anyone and everyone! It has allowed me to walk taller and feel stronger!

STILL WAITING FOR REFUND
Reviewed on August 27, 2015

I am beyond upset with your company. My son tried your products and they weren't strong enough for his level of acne, so we returned the 2nd package we received the day we received it and called and cancelled our membership. We have YET to get our refund and they initially told us it would take 4-8 weeks and it's been over 12 weeks!!!! Unbelievable to us that they continued to take our payments yet refuse to return our message or refund our money. DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY! Save yourself a major headache!!!

No strings attached!
Reviewed on August 20, 2015

I ended up being in the best possible situation for receiving Proactiv+- a woman who works with my mom put an entire Proactiv+ kit on their work bulletin board for $80 (she paid $120 originally). She is 32 and after ordering Proactiv+ but before she actually recieved it, she did some research and decided to go with a different Rodan and Fields product line that she believed would be more age appropriate for her. But before she could cancel the order for Proactiv, they had already shipped it. So she ended up with an entire unopened 3 step kit with a whole box of dark spot corrector wipes and an unopened tube of the under eye brightener, and sold it to us. So I never had to personally deal with any of the issues other Proactiv users have had with the website, the company, the return process, etc. Probably the most amazing situation I could have possibly found myself in, seeing as I have been aware of this companys issues and the problems their customers have faced for years when it comes to prices, customer service, and all of that jazz, but I still have always wanted to try Proactiv, especially Proactiv+. I don't know if its because my issues are moreso with blackheads than pimples, and my skin is definitely combination, but my face has responded amazingly since switching over to Proactiv+. I can understand, though, how this skincare system would be incredibly irritating or ineffective for some people. This does NOT seem like an acne product line that can help a wide array of skin types and levels of acne. People buy it when they have extreme, chronic acne already and don't realize that slapping a bunch of treatments and chemicals on top of that cannot possibly end well. I wouldn't want to put these products on my face if my face was covered, and I mean COVERED, in blemishes. That sounds like a recipe for red, irritated, painful skin. I truly believe this product line works best for people with mild acne, and I believe that anyone who has anything worse than that should go to a dermatologist to discover different types of treatment before they drop almost $100 on an acne treatment that is only well-known because of the celebrities that have endorsed it for years. Do your research before spending your money on this product and if it ends up being the best choice for you, you should absolutely purchase it. Or hope that one day you end up in a situation like mine where you can get it with no strings attached :)

don't waste your money
Reviewed on August 15, 2015

I bought proactiv, it didn't work at all, I end up with darker dry skin so I had to stop using it, they also tried to scam me by sending me other products that I didn't order, they sent me a bill of $60 for stuff I didn't buy!!

Good for a little while
Reviewed on August 13, 2015

I am 15 years old , i have been struggling with acne on my forehead mainly and i didn't know what else to do so i got proactive. Proactive did work really well at first , it cleared up my skin and make it really soft. After awhile my face was getting use to the product, my pimples were coming back. I started using another thing called x out which sorta worked but not really , it irritated my skin and made it dry. I went back on proactive and i see no results , i guess my face just got use to this product and does not want to work anymore

Highway robbery billing system
Reviewed on August 12, 2015

Unfortunately I'm writing of a bad experience with Proactiv + company and its bad billing practices and poor customer service. I want to start by saying I have been and on and off user of proactiv since it came out. I had never had any trouble with their products or their billing up until now, with their "new formula". Which is the same formula as the original proactiv with a different step 2. And it has fancier packaging. But does that warrant charging almost 100.00 a box??!! I think not. It a rip off. Highway robbery. The website does not explain billing clearly at all. I was told before getting into my recent "membership" that I would receive a starter kit for 19.95 plus free gift which I did receive and was correctly charged. However before I set the date for full size shipment I called and spoke to a rep just to confirm I would only be charged per box 33.95 which includes shipping and tax. So I was just billed on August 4, the Amount that rep said is be charged for 1 box. Now here we are 8 days later on 8/12, and I'm charged again 33.95 for the same box. My next box is not set up to be sent till second week in November. So of course thinking it must be an error I called. Spoke to a rude female rep who was very unclear and sounded yo me either new or not confident in her responses but argued like that was her job. And to boot all she said is read the terms online it says it there. Umm...excuse me first I'm calling you do that redirect me online. 2nd I did read it and have a very good understanding of the English language and it's written words so don't patronize me. 3rd I spoke with a rep to ask the questions and confirm. So if you folks don't give consistent answers and your website explains it in riddles. Then how do you as a company expect your customers to clearly see it as black and white. Because as it is now there are shady areas. I do not appreciate being swindled or over charged for a product and yes its excess to charge almost 100.00 a box when it used to be $39.95 A BOX. Not every 30 days a charge of that. Like it is now apparently. I canceled service immediately effective today. I'm so disappointed by this. Especially when you can go to a local mall and spend a ONE time time no strings attached payment of 55.00 and get a full size kit. Why on earth would any one knowingly sign up to pay almost 100.00 per one box??!!! Makes no sense. Bad business. Disgusted by this and by the misinformed reps. Each time you get a different answer. It's like they are programmed to say what they think the customer wants to hear. And where's the accountability?? Because I was told that's not their problem. It's mine.... and I know this will probably get taken down by the company. But that's OK social media can be a wonderful thing. So many ways to spread my personal experience where it won't be taken down!

I wish I could give this negative stars
Reviewed on August 1, 2015

As soon as you order from proactive once, they will suddenly start charging you for more items that you never ordered or received. I purchased one package in the month of November and did not like it so I didn't go back online to order more. Suddenly in june they tried charging my card again. I got so mad and after being on the phone with them multiple times I cancelled my card to make sure they wouldn't charge me for things I never asked for or even received. Problem solved right? WRONG I received an email two months later saying there is a $65 charge on my account that they will be sending a bill for. Keep in mind the only products I ever received was the initial package. Multiple phone calls later the charge was dropped and needless to say I will NEVER buy from them again and have already warned my friends and family abouy it.

No Difference
Reviewed on July 30, 2015

Ordering from Proactiv was a hassle. They want to sign you up for automatic renewal orders and you have to call again to cancel. I tried Proactiv years ago when I didn't know how to treat my skin, so I touched my face a lot and was overall very rough with my skin. However, it was expensive and I saw no difference with Proactiv at all. I was so disillusioned by the commercial that I actually felt worse about how I looked. Everyone talks about how bad they felt about themselves with acne, like it's a disgusting disease, and then you get the product, it doesn't work, and you feel even worse!

IT WORKS...so far
Reviewed on July 24, 2015

I am 14 and have been getting pretty bad clusters of weird, not-whitehead, not-blackhead acne on my cheeks. And a lot of whiteheads on my chin and upper lip. My forehead gets really bad around my period. I never had any acne until the beginning of this year. I started using Proactiv almost two weeks ago and have already been seeing MAJOR improvements on my forehead and cheeks. Not so much my chin, probably because that's where my stubborn hormonal pimples are. But I am very pleased with the results I have been getting. I wake up to less and less redness everyday. I don't even wear powder on my face anymore. All of the bumps are gone and whenever I wash my face, it feels extremely smooth. I was worried about trying it because of the reviews, but I guess it's just based on your skin. I have very oily skin, especially on and near my nose. Because of this, I normally don't have to deal with dry skin side effects. I recommend that if you have similar skin to mine, try it. The results won't be overnight, obviously. But, with the results I've been getting, I see clear skin in my future. (:

dried my skin out
Reviewed on July 20, 2015

This product dried out my face and my skin started peeling around my mouth and nose. I eased onto using all the cleansers and it still irritated my face and all together made my breakouts worse