Proactiv Solution Acne Treatment System reviews

2.6/5 - 4520 reviews

Brand: Proactiv Solution

RENEWING CLEANSER
Benzoyl Peroxide (2.5%).

Water (aqua), magnesium aluminum silicate, glyceryl stearate, PEG-100 stearate, sorbitol, dimethyl isosorbide, disodium PEG-12 dimethicone sulfosuccinate, tridecyl stearate, neopentyl glycol dicaprylate/dicaprate, polyethylene, cetyl esters, anthemis nobilis flower extract, sodium hyaluronate, sodium PCA, xanthan gum, tridecyl trimellitate, propylene glycol, Imidazolidinyl urea, methylparaben, propylparaben, fragrance (parfum).

REVITALIZING TONER
Ingredients:
Water (aqua), glycolic acid, hamamelis virginiana (witch hazel) extract, anthemis nobilis flower extract, rosa canina fruit extract, aloe barbadensis leaf juice, sodium PCA, panthenol, glycerin, propylene glycol, allantoin, polysorbate 20, hydroxyethylcellulose, sodium hydroxide, benzophenone-4, tetrasodium EDTA, imidazolidinyl urea, methylparaben, propylparaben, fragrance (parfum), blue 1 (CI 42090), yellow 5 (CI 19140).

REPAIRING TREATMENT
Benzoyl Peroxide (2.5%).

Water (aqua), ethoxydiglycol, cyclotetrasiloxane, cyclopentasiloxane, cetearyl alcohol, propylene glycol, dimethicone, glyceryl stearate, PEG-100 stearate, panthenol, allantoin, xanthan gum, ceteareth-20, carbomer, triethanolamine, diazolidinyl urea, methylparaben, propylparaben, fragrance (parfum).

Temporary Fix
Reviewed on August 24, 2016

I started this a couple of years ago when I decided prescription medication was no longer "for me". Long story behind that but maybe for another review. I really wanted something that would be effective, easy to use (not some huge skin care production that I would have to undertake every day) and reasonably priced. I had been hearing about Proactiv for some time, thanks to the TV and it being plastered around everywhere. And Katy Perry told me it worked so it had to right?! Ha ha. Well at first, I thought that I had found the motherlode. My skin cleared up for the most part, I found it easy to use and of course, the cost was ok as well.

THEN the bomb dropped. Overnight, my skin exploded. I was in shock. I called them (Proactiv) to see what was up and their customer service people were clueless. It was like they were going off a script but had no real experience or knowledge of how the skin works. I would ask them questions like is there another product that I should try instead of what I am using now and they just repeated what they had said before, something along the lines of "It is a phase, it will get better". I hung up frustrated but what could I do? I did what they told me, got my next package the next month and just kept trucking. And watching my skin get worse. I was stuck because I was in this program and had the product and literally had no idea who to believe. I have to admit, I was *almost* tempted to go back to prescription because although the side effects nearly ruined my life, at least my skin was clearish.

I think it was somewhere on these message boards I finally heard about Ninja Skincare and have been with them now for almost a year. The comparison is remarkable. Customer service is by far the most knowledgable acne people I have ever talked to, response time is amazingly fast and the product actually works - clearest I have been in forever. And pretty cheap.

The only reason I think proactiv still has customers is because they have the big marketing budgets to lure people in with false advertising. The product is cheap and ineffective and they get you in these re-occuring billing schemes. Don't be fooled. Find something else that works first!

Reviewed on August 16, 2016

Works at first but when your skin's getting used to it the pimples comes back

try the store brand generic!
Reviewed on August 5, 2016

my skin actually responds very well to proactive. I used it pretty much exclusively through my teenage years and it kept my skin in good condition and pretty much clear. I do not have inflammatory acne, I have lots of blackheads and pesky bumps. suffering from acne as an adult, I wanted to try this again but was hesitant about the price tag. acne free is comparable and also gave me decent results. better yet, the store brand at walmart was only 11 bucks and gave me similar results! I definitely recommend at least trying the store brand. I found proactive to be far less harsh on my skin than the acne.org regimen, though it did clear my skin up as well but left it painfully dry.

Cancelling Membership
Reviewed on July 28, 2016

You cannot cancel the membership online. They send products and charge your credit card without prior notice they are doing so. Yes, I am aware they state they will send the items every 8 weeks but Exposed Acne send an email a week before the item is due to be dispatched and the customer has the opportunity to cancel the shipment if they still have lots of the product remaining. I have had a membership with them for 2 years but thought I would try Proactiv. I found the photo on this website: [link removed] laughable as this was so relevant to how pathetic the ordering system is with ProActiv. Would never recommend this company to anyone. DONT USE THEM UNLESS YOU WANT YOUR CREDIT CARD DEBITED EVERY MONTH WITHOUT YOUR KNOWLEDGE !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Don't bother
Reviewed on July 22, 2016

Not only did this not work for me at all, it bleached all my face towels. Imagine, it is dying your cloths and your putting that all over your face? If this worked or works for you, that's amazing. It just didn't for me.

only for people who get 1-2 pimples a month
Reviewed on July 22, 2016

This is not for anyone who has anything more than the mildest cases of acne, for it is to abrasive and irritating, and simply does not work. I used it for a few month back when I first got acne in the 6th grade. It worked for a two months and I remember vividly just breaking out more and more and being super embarrassed. I think it actually made my acne worse.

Watch some of the commercials for this stuff. The people on there who talk about it in their before pictures literally have like one or two tiny pimples on their face. Of course it worked for them, they don't have acne lol.

Bad, especially for sensitive skin
Reviewed on June 23, 2016

My acne got worse while using this. Also, it sucks for sensitive skin. Pretty much ended up with red, raw skin, which can only be described as looking like I had a chemical peel... Yep, would not recommend!

Please don't go for this
Reviewed on June 18, 2016

This is the waste product,Please don't go for this. I have used it, which made my skin black in color and as well as no improvement in acne/scars removals. Instead of this you better prefer the normal solutions which are in available @ medical stores.

Waste of Money and time.

10 weeks and my face got worse
Reviewed on June 16, 2016

Skin type: normal/oily

I used Proactiv for 10 weeks and my face got progressively worse with more redness and breakouts. It worked for my sister and best friend though hence why I cant give it less than a three; it just doesn't work for everyone.

RUINED MY SKIN
Reviewed on May 13, 2016

I never really had very bad pimples but was still so self conscious of them. I had a few spots on my forehead and a couple would pop up on my chin from time to time but nothing really major. My mum knew how self conscious i was about them and saw on tv the proactiv ad and ordered me the 1 month tester pack to see how i liked it. After a month of using proactiv it slightly decreased the number of pimples i had but was making my skin SUPER dry and flaky and it was a little bit red at the start. I decided it wasn't worth it and a couple months later my skin started popping up with a lot more pimples than usual. My face was more oily than i had ever seen it. My routine hadn't changed, i was back to my usual face wash and kept up the same routine of exercise and diet which aside from, like, one chocolate bar every few months was healthy. 6 months later my skin had gotten even worse so i decided to give proactive another go, noting that it did slightly decrease the number of pimples i had whilst using it. I used it for nine months and once again, it didn't clear all of my pimples and my skin was so disgustingly dry it didn't matter how much moisturiser i used, it wouldn't go away. so i made the decision to stop using proactive completely and hey ho, 3 months later my skin is the worst it's ever been. Again, my exercise and diet were the same as aways but THERE WERE PIMPLES EVERYWHERE! i had never had a spot anywhere other than my forehead and my chin but suddenly they were popping up EVERYWHERE on my face. both cheeks were covered in pimples, the bottom of my chin outlining my face, my nose, my temples MY EYEBROWS?! it was ridiculous. i really regretted ever getting proactiv and am warning everyone who doesn't suffer from severe acne to STAY AWAY! ITS NOT WORTH RUINING YOUR SKING FOR A COUPLE OF PIMPLES IN YOUR YOUTH!!