Proactiv Solution Acne Treatment System reviews

2.6/5 - 4460 reviews

Brand: Proactiv Solution

RENEWING CLEANSER
Benzoyl Peroxide, 2.5%

Water (aqua), magnesium aluminum silicate, glyceryl stearate, PEG-100 stearate, sorbitol, dimethyl isosorbide, disodium PEG-12 dimethicone sulfosuccinate, tridecyl stearate, neopentyl glycol dicaprylate/dicaprate, polyethylene, cetyl esters, anthemis nobilis flower extract, sodium hyaluronate, sodium PCA, xanthan gum, tridecyl trimellitate, propylene glycol, Imidazolidinyl urea, methylparaben, propylparaben, fragrance (parfum).

REVITALIZING TONER
Ingredients:
Water (aqua), glycolic acid, hamamelis virginiana (witch hazel) extract, anthemis nobilis flower extract, rosa canina fruit extract, aloe barbadensis leaf juice, sodium PCA, panthenol, glycerin, propylene glycol, allantoin, polysorbate 20, hydroxyethylcellulose, sodium hydroxide, benzophenone-4, tetrasodium EDTA, imidazolidinyl urea, methylparaben, propylparaben, fragrance (parfum), blue 1 (CI 42090), yellow 5 (CI 19140).

REPAIRING TREATMENT
Benzoyl Peroxide, 2.5%.

Water (aqua), ethoxydiglycol, cyclotetrasiloxane, cyclopentasiloxane, cetearyl alcohol, propylene glycol, dimethicone, glyceryl stearate, PEG-100 stearate, panthenol, allantoin, xanthan gum, ceteareth-20, carbomer, triethanolamine, diazolidinyl urea, methylparaben, propylparaben, fragrance (parfum).

At all cost: DO NOT BUY
Reviewed on June 24, 2015

Reacted very negatively to Proactiv. If anything, it made my skin 10x worse. It dries out your skin, stripping it of its natural oils which allows increased production of sebum which increases breakouts. Proactiv made my face so sensitive to the sun and I was prone to getting sunburns. It took approximately a year for my face to return back to normal and get rid of the sensitivity. Definitely the toner was the worst product in the trio.

Made my skin dry
Reviewed on June 19, 2015

I just started using proactiv after using Simple products. Ive got to say that Proactiv made my face so dry, especially around my chin area. I had to keep re-applying moisturiser on it allday which isnt really ideal but I could not walk around with a dry face. Some bits were even peeling abit. So this isnt the product for me. So back to Simple I go.

Don't buy this
Reviewed on June 14, 2015

Made my skin WAY worse. And dried it out. My skins way over dried. Now anytime I put something on my face it burns.

Do not buy this!
Reviewed on June 10, 2015

Worst decision I have ever made in my life. My acne wasn't bad before I just had some blackheads on my nose and some acne scars. I decided to try it out to have better skin but this made my skin worse!!!! I got a rash from using this!! Ever since May of this year I've been trying to get rid the pimples it's given me. I feel so embarrassed to even go out because of how much acne I have. Please don't buy this save your money on something better like food.

How is this business still successful?
Reviewed on June 6, 2015

I am crying.

Worst decision ever.

Adam Levine, you've ruined you for me.

I have never had had a worse reaction to anything ever.

Known allergies: proactiv & all of its sh*tty associates & celebrity endorsers.

Going back to neutrogena pink grapefruit fa sho.

Fck you rodan & fields!

Overly drying product, business model is a total scam
Reviewed on May 28, 2015

The product itself is far too drying, which is detrimental to both dry skin (my type) and perhaps even more harmful to oily/acne prone skin, as dehydration is often the underlying issue in these skin types.

I ordered a 30 day kit just to try the product, HOWEVER, proactiv then surreptitiously enrolls you in a 3 month, 3 payment installment of proactiv entirely without your consent or knowledge. To make matters worse, once canceling, they continue to charge and ship the unwanted product to you until the cancellation has been processed, which takes 4-6 weeks. Yes, you read that correctly. You are still on the line for the product shipments you never ordered or wanted 4-6 weeks after cancellation.

Perhaps proactive as a company should work to improve their product instead of trying to propagate sales and offload the product through such invasive and corrupt schemes.

Apposite of what I wanted
Reviewed on May 20, 2015

To start with I have pretty clear skin, odd spots and black heads, so I thought if this can clear acne it can give me flawless skin, so I tried it and as soon as I got it I started getting massive spots all over my face.

I nearly didn't go To a planned outing one day because I was so embarrassed about how bad my skin had got!

So disappointed :(

Just don't do it!
Reviewed on May 20, 2015

DON'T DO IT. First off, I do not believe this "solution" is the quality it was 10 years ago. Proactive use to work wonders for me, as of today I've been using it for over 3 months and see absolutely no change in my skin. Secondly, no where did I read that after the initial $19.99 purchase that the next order will be $100... 3 payments of $35 come out of your account automatically over the course of 3 months. So, all in all, Proactive has cost me closer to $300 after overdraft fees that my bank charges because Proactive will be "pending" in your account for a week, and then the actual amount will be charged the following week. Not impressed at all. Don't waste your money. There are many free, natural ways to cure acne... lemon juice, baking soda... Proactive is NOT one of them!

PROACTIV IS A SCAM!!

PROACTIV IS A SCAM!!

As soon as you give them your credit card number you are fu*ked! They will charge your card and send you packages you did not order every month.

They just keep charging your credit card when ever they like even if you read the fine print and call them to cancel your account. They have illegally charged my credit card 4 times after I canceled my account!

The product is maybe not that bad, depending on your skin, but the way they treat customers if awful!

I will be seeking legal advise on what to do about the illegal charges they made, and I will certainly not advise anyone to buy their product ever!!!

Did somebody get any money back?
Reviewed on May 19, 2015

This product It's not working for many people. I wanna know what to do if it doesn't work on me either. They guaranty to refund your money but I haven't read any comment about it.

I'm already disappointed because I paid for overnight shipment six days ago and I haven't gotten the product yet. When I called to see what's going on, proactive people were very rude and didn't help.

by aecarter87 on 05/20/2015 20:18
they are extremely rude! the day of my first order I noticed my address was incorrect, so I called. They told me it too 24 hours for the order to be processed, I called 2 days later (mind you, that's 48 hours" and the order still had not been processed. It might be annoying, but keep calling, and just cancel the whole order all together. They are a scam!