Proactiv Solution Acne Treatment System reviews

2.6/5 - 4487 reviews

Brand: Proactiv Solution

Benzoyl Peroxide (2.5%).

Water (aqua), magnesium aluminum silicate, glyceryl stearate, PEG-100 stearate, sorbitol, dimethyl isosorbide, disodium PEG-12 dimethicone sulfosuccinate, tridecyl stearate, neopentyl glycol dicaprylate/dicaprate, polyethylene, cetyl esters, anthemis nobilis flower extract, sodium hyaluronate, sodium PCA, xanthan gum, tridecyl trimellitate, propylene glycol, Imidazolidinyl urea, methylparaben, propylparaben, fragrance (parfum).

Water (aqua), glycolic acid, hamamelis virginiana (witch hazel) extract, anthemis nobilis flower extract, rosa canina fruit extract, aloe barbadensis leaf juice, sodium PCA, panthenol, glycerin, propylene glycol, allantoin, polysorbate 20, hydroxyethylcellulose, sodium hydroxide, benzophenone-4, tetrasodium EDTA, imidazolidinyl urea, methylparaben, propylparaben, fragrance (parfum), blue 1 (CI 42090), yellow 5 (CI 19140).

Benzoyl Peroxide (2.5%).

Water (aqua), ethoxydiglycol, cyclotetrasiloxane, cyclopentasiloxane, cetearyl alcohol, propylene glycol, dimethicone, glyceryl stearate, PEG-100 stearate, panthenol, allantoin, xanthan gum, ceteareth-20, carbomer, triethanolamine, diazolidinyl urea, methylparaben, propylparaben, fragrance (parfum).

Proactiv Solution Acne Treatment System

Where to buy is not associated with this product. All proceeds from links go to charity.

Proactiv Solution Acne Treatment System

Proaciv Solution ruined my skin completely
Reviewed on November 24, 2015

I had been on Proactiv when I was in my early 20's for a few years than gradually bumped up the Extra Strength (10% Benzoyl Peroxide) line after the 2.5% stopped working for me. I began breaking out with large cystic acne, getting more congested on my cheeks, jawline and although I was always broken out on my t-zone it was still never cleared. Even when Proactiv was working it didn't fully clear my skin up completely as promised. At one point my skin erupted so badly covered in zits and cysts I said enough. I cancelled my membership and discontinued Proactiv right away to get professional treatment by my dermatologist and so glad I did. I will NEVER use Proactiv again....

Don't do it.
Reviewed on November 23, 2015

I have been trying w/o success to cancel my proactiv account for 6 months, since my son had no real improvement using their system. Now they have the nerve to threaten collections. My attorney will be contacting them next.

If Only... If Only
Reviewed on October 26, 2015

Yes proactiv is a great product for some people. Why? Because it does work. But it really only works for a while and then your skin seems to start to build an immunity to it. My skin started clearing with Proactiv for about maybe 3 or 4 months and then my acne flared right back up and it began to burn, peel, and destroy my skin. Also, you become dependent on it. Your skin becomes immune to it, meaning your acne is strong enough to beat the treatment BUT it is still working to keep some of it at bay. So the SECOND you skip one day of your routine, all holy hell breaks loose on your face. Both my sister and I have used this product with the same result but it did last longer - about a year - for my sister.

I'm 48 and look like 38...thanks to Proactive
Reviewed on October 3, 2015

When my daughter started using Proactiv it cleared up her skin in only two days. She needed to use it less and less frequently over the next three years until she left for college which is when she stopped.

When the new supply of proactive arrived in the mail I decided to use it instead of wasting it. I am 48 years old and my skin has never looked better. The people I work with at my new job all thought I was in my thirties. I love it!

Also, I only use Proactiv 3 or 4 times a week and I never had a problem delaying a shipment for two or three months since I had plenty left.

Old Formula is Decent
Reviewed on September 15, 2015

I've tried the older formula, which had mixed results as it caused my face acne to worsen (from step 2 and 3). The only thing I would say is decent is the Repair Treatment (Step 3), but, when I used to use Proactive, you had to buy all three. The Repair treatment, which is benzoyl peroxide, is a ripoff since it's a tiny bottle, forcing you to keep buying Proactive many times each year. You get a much better bargain from Benzoyl Peroxide since it's a huge bottle and gentler on your skin. The other two steps of Proactive worsened acne, so I ended up using the Repair treatment, which is simply benzoyl peroxide. Proactive is $20-30, but that lasts a few months (even their larger bottle versions), while The Regimen is $45 and lasts 6 months (depending on how often you use it). If I were to compare the main ingredients (benzoyl peroxide), then The Regimen would beat Proactive, again. It's also extremely difficult to cancel your every 3 month renewal of Proactive (ships to you every 3 months, since it runs out at that point). They'll keep charging you and sending it, even when you cancel it. Untrustworthy company and a scam that uses celebrities to sell their product.

by TheNatural on 09/16/2015 23:46
I meant step 1 and 2, not 2 and 3 (in first sentence).
Don't waste your money, go see a dermatologist.
Reviewed on October 2, 2015

There's nothing special about Proactiv products. I was way better off buying gentler products at the drug store that didn't sting and turn my skin red. The only thing that this company is good at doing is making commercials. Don't trust them with your skin, go see a dermatologist if you're worried about acne.

Does not work even in the slightest
Reviewed on September 21, 2015

This product is honestly a waste of money. I bought the whole step by step system and it did nothing but make my face worse and scarred. The first two days I used the cleanser it turned my face beet red for two days and then after a month of use I stopped because It only made things worse. Please don't waste your money .

very disappointed!!
Reviewed on September 20, 2015

I use proactive for more then 1 month now, but it doesn't help with nothing, and my face is more dry. Shame for the price I'm not going to buy it again!

Old to the New
Reviewed on September 20, 2015

I started using the old proactiv a couple of years ago. It was okay, I mean but overall it dried my skin out alot so I would often moisturize more and it would not be good since my skin is combination and oily so usually where there were dry patches, the whole part of the skin next to it would be oily, so that didn't really help. It also dried my skin out to the point where there were no pimples, yes, but through this it made my skin darker than it used to be, even the spots appeared darker. So I also ordered the new proactiv+ a couple of months ago in hopes for a newer and updated product and it caused me more breakouts and redness. So all in all proactv with me is like really dry, dark patchy skin or breakout skin with no significant healing of scars.

The product is not worth the money! and the CUSTOMER SERVICE SUCKS!!
Reviewed on September 14, 2015

would recommend people to never buy this! maybe the product is ok.. not worth the money.. but the service is horrible!!!

I ordered a product in september 2014 and returned it immediately as it was just automatically sent and I did not order it! they said its 60 day return and money back!

NOW after 2yrs they call me back to say I need to pay an additional 45$ late fee!!