Proactiv Solution Acne Treatment System reviews

2.6/5 - 4543 reviews

Brand: Proactiv Solution

RENEWING CLEANSER
Benzoyl Peroxide (2.5%).

Water (aqua), magnesium aluminum silicate, glyceryl stearate, PEG-100 stearate, sorbitol, dimethyl isosorbide, disodium PEG-12 dimethicone sulfosuccinate, tridecyl stearate, neopentyl glycol dicaprylate/dicaprate, polyethylene, cetyl esters, anthemis nobilis flower extract, sodium hyaluronate, sodium PCA, xanthan gum, tridecyl trimellitate, propylene glycol, Imidazolidinyl urea, methylparaben, propylparaben, fragrance (parfum).

REVITALIZING TONER
Ingredients:
Water (aqua), glycolic acid, hamamelis virginiana (witch hazel) extract, anthemis nobilis flower extract, rosa canina fruit extract, aloe barbadensis leaf juice, sodium PCA, panthenol, glycerin, propylene glycol, allantoin, polysorbate 20, hydroxyethylcellulose, sodium hydroxide, benzophenone-4, tetrasodium EDTA, imidazolidinyl urea, methylparaben, propylparaben, fragrance (parfum), blue 1 (CI 42090), yellow 5 (CI 19140).

REPAIRING TREATMENT
Benzoyl Peroxide (2.5%).

Water (aqua), ethoxydiglycol, cyclotetrasiloxane, cyclopentasiloxane, cetearyl alcohol, propylene glycol, dimethicone, glyceryl stearate, PEG-100 stearate, panthenol, allantoin, xanthan gum, ceteareth-20, carbomer, triethanolamine, diazolidinyl urea, methylparaben, propylparaben, fragrance (parfum).

Proactiv Solution Acne Treatment System

The charge your credit card even you cancel the subscription and you have to pay for shipping if you want to return the product
Reviewed on March 20, 2017

The customer service is the worst, Also do not give them credit cards. They will start charging your credit card without authorization. They will send the packages and then you have to pay for the shipping to return the package. I post to stop the subscription after see that this bunch of cute but expensive bottles did not work. The did put a "stop for six months" after that they charged me and shipped a bunch of bottles to me. I called again, and I made sure to say cancel my subscription. Today it is five months after that, and they did it again. The shipping back cost me about 25 dollars. I replaced my credit card to make sure they do not charge me again. In the end, the product did not work as advertised

Customer service starting to falter
Reviewed on March 16, 2017

I've been using Proactiv for over 10 years now and my skin has stayed quite clear with the occasional flare ups. Most recently I've been getting more flare ups so I called in to see if they could send me a spot treatment. Before I called today, their customer service had been impeccable; no wait, courteous reps, and they always let me try the different moisturizers for free in the winter when my skin got dry. The rep I had today offered for me to pay $20 for the pen and $16 for the blemish treatment. I asked if they had samples since I don't want to try the product and dislike it and waste it. That wasn't an option. Quite disappointed since these are things the company usually gifts me for free and they even note on a flyer in my monthly box and I can receive free product gifts, samples, and sneak previews.

Hoping this was just a fluke rep since in the past the company has bent over backwards.

nope
Reviewed on March 9, 2017

I wish there was an option for 0 stars becuase this product deserves it. Proactiv is a scam for your money. I personally have combination oily skin but more towards the oily side. Within the first 2/3 days my skin was so dry I had to stop using it but i tried again and kept with it for about 3 months. I cannot emphasize how much this product doesnt work its drying and it burns and it does not clear acne I would recommend only to my worse enemies.

Teenage Cystic Acne Finally Subdued!!!
Reviewed on February 23, 2017

I’ve had awful acne since the fourth grade, and I mean constant severe cystic acne due to natural hormones and stress. I’ve tried everything, from the drugstore to multiple prescriptions from the doctor, you name it, I’ve used it. Nothing seemed to really get rid of the acne. Then I tried Proactiv. It lessened my acne and redness significantly in just a few weeks. It was sadly the last thing I tried since I was skeptical from all the gimmicky infomercials. Don’t let that deter you. It does make my skin very dry, (even the moisturizer has Benzoyl Peroxide), so I don't even use it as directed. Instead of twice a day, I use it before bed along with my rosewater witch hazel toner and then I just use the witch hazel toner in the morning. I look like a completely different person from pictures last year. I love this stuff. Thank you, Proactiv!!!

P.S. If this is drying your skin out, go to using it ONCE a day and BUY A MOISTURIZER. I use Neutrogena's face lotion for sensitive skin. The Proactive moisturizer is great but it's meant to reduce oil and kill bacteria too, so it can really dry out sensitive skin. Just use the system, and then after everything dries, slap a squirt and a half of the Neutrogena on your face and bam. I use the Neutrogena along with my Thayer's rosewater witch hazel toner which actually tones and moisturizes. If it's drying you out, don't send it back before trying this! I've been using Proactiv for almost two years.

Great for Teens and Early Acne Prone
Reviewed on February 1, 2017

I think this is a great kit for a teen or early acne-prone individual. It works fairly well but more importantly teaches the basics of a skin care regimen. It is easy to use and creates a method for those to start adapting good skin care habits for long term.

Not so sure on the use of the toner except to remove any dirt that wasn't removed [link edited out] the first product. If a product were removed from this I would say the toner could be.

This could also be a good start for an adult who was developing acne at a later age and who had not had it early on. Good basic regimen to begin with.

Also white sheet and towel alert - it bleaches so use light or white sheets and towels.

It works
Reviewed on January 19, 2017

I been having acne sense middle school my grandmother use to buy me a lot of products for my face nothing had worked. She had order me Proactiv in 8th grade I had used it next morning I worked up my face was very red as if I had sunburn , face was kind of puffy , very tight. She sented it back the next day!! Still was having acne problems . Then when I turned 18 I was very tired of it I order it again and I put small amount on it same problem happen but my acne was going away so I just put up with it stayed in the house for a about 2 weeks took off work on paid leave until my face heeled and I had cleared skin I was very happy!!!! Everybody skin is different and reacts to certain chemicals differently if u can't take off work like I did and have the same problem my suggestion is start on 1 part of your face. For example put it on your forehead if its ance there and once it clears up put it on the other side. And continue around the other part of your face .

Agree, this is BS!!
Reviewed on January 18, 2017

This is not a review on the product, but on the billing system. Make sure you keep tract of when you receive your products and when you pay for each of them. They will come back 9, 10 months later and bill you again or request payment on shipments you never received. No way to prove you didn't receive a shipment they are saying you owe for that far back. I made several phone calls trying to clear this up and they do not budge. And if not paid (for shipments you never received) they will send you to collections. Will never use them again or recommend them ever

This is BS!
Reviewed on January 8, 2017

Ok, to start this off, this is not a review on the product itself, but a review on the online ordering for their xout product and the hassal I have gone through for the past 4 months. I ordered 2 bottles of xout for my daughter's in September 2016. The product was on sale for $10 per bottle which was great! So I placed my order, paid IN FULL and was done. Easy peezy! So I was shocked to see not even a month later my bank account was charged almost $50. So I called and was told that I was signed up for a recurring monthly order that I myself did not sign up for! I just wanted the 2 bottles I ordered. They informed me that more products had already been shipped but that since I did not want to receive monthly packages, they would cancel the order, cancel the monthly products and refund my money and I would owe them nothing as long as I sent the product back when it arrived, which I gladly did and my account was refunded. So all is well and everyone is happy right? Nope! Now I am receiving a bill for $17 and some change for my original order back in September for shipping and handling! I was just told in October that I did not owe them any money and everything was good to go. This is insane! I paid for that product and the shipping and handling in full at the time of purchase. I am extremely unhappy with this company and how every time I turn around I'm either being signed up for something without my knowledge or I am being charged for services that I already paid for. I will never order online from this company again and I would suggest to others to be very careful while ordering and to be prepared to be on the phone a lot trying to figure it all out.

by Karma123 on 02/04/2017 03:23
Ok, your buying a system which is not made aware at the online purchase, very shady. After the initial purchase is received you will be billed three more times in one month increments. I caught this on my statement on the second billing. When I called the friendly Indian dialect person that was,talking so fast as to sway me from what was going on, I caught the word august? By the way this started in january. Mind you she is reading her speak very fast! And reveals that she is so sorry that LM not happy and she will put my account on hold till August with some other random vocabulary nothing to do with what is really happening. I had to emphasize and make very clear I wanted to cancel. That's not what there plan is. Karma, here I come!!
A whole lot of eh.
Reviewed on January 8, 2017

I used this years ago when I first tried to to my acne under control. It worked at first, but stopped a couple of months in.

It also made my skin SO dry and SO agitated. For the large amount of money you have to pay, it really isn't worth it. I feel like they approach skin care in a one "cure" helps all way, which is just not true.

Worst product I ever bought!!!
Reviewed on January 4, 2017

This product is just waste of money. It's not working at all and gave me more problem.

So first time when I order it I pay $19.95 + shipping. I thought if it works good like what they said then I got such a good deal!! NO!!! I regret putting that stuff on my face. First time I used it I felt like my face was on fire. It was so hot and it hurt so bad. My face turned red. So I stop using it for couple days and used it again still same and it even got worse. My face start itching really bad and it start bleeding. So I had to go get medical treatment. I couldn't put make up for a month. It was so bad!!!

I called Proactive and told them what happened. This is what he told me. "Okay. I understand you are frustrated. But proactive works great and that's how it works. You will feel burn on your face because it's fighting with your acne. Itch8ng and bleeding is all the bad stuff coming out from your skin." I told them I don't think so and I ask him for a refund and he suggested me use it for one more month. I said no. However next month I got charged $38. I called them again and ask them why they send it and she told me I have to use it for at least 2months to get a result. I told them give my money back they never did. At least she cancelled. But I will not suggest to anyone.

by Karma123 on 02/04/2017 03:32
Very bad business practices with a slide of hand concept. Pay very close attention to what your buying. How many months supply you will receive and at what cost. And if you decide to cancel, make sure you get confirmation and check your statement on billing date for up to a year or maybe forever? I cancelled in February 2017 and in the fastest talker I've ever talked to! Said, oh, so sorry. We will help you and put your acct. On hold till august? Wth! Yes if you don't confirm cancellation they will start your program over for you later. How about that B.S. Here comes karma