Proactiv Solution Acne Treatment System reviews

2.6/5 - 4549 reviews

Brand: Proactiv Solution

RENEWING CLEANSER
Benzoyl Peroxide (2.5%).

Water (aqua), magnesium aluminum silicate, glyceryl stearate, PEG-100 stearate, sorbitol, dimethyl isosorbide, disodium PEG-12 dimethicone sulfosuccinate, tridecyl stearate, neopentyl glycol dicaprylate/dicaprate, polyethylene, cetyl esters, anthemis nobilis flower extract, sodium hyaluronate, sodium PCA, xanthan gum, tridecyl trimellitate, propylene glycol, Imidazolidinyl urea, methylparaben, propylparaben, fragrance (parfum).

REVITALIZING TONER
Ingredients:
Water (aqua), glycolic acid, hamamelis virginiana (witch hazel) extract, anthemis nobilis flower extract, rosa canina fruit extract, aloe barbadensis leaf juice, sodium PCA, panthenol, glycerin, propylene glycol, allantoin, polysorbate 20, hydroxyethylcellulose, sodium hydroxide, benzophenone-4, tetrasodium EDTA, imidazolidinyl urea, methylparaben, propylparaben, fragrance (parfum), blue 1 (CI 42090), yellow 5 (CI 19140).

REPAIRING TREATMENT
Benzoyl Peroxide (2.5%).

Water (aqua), ethoxydiglycol, cyclotetrasiloxane, cyclopentasiloxane, cetearyl alcohol, propylene glycol, dimethicone, glyceryl stearate, PEG-100 stearate, panthenol, allantoin, xanthan gum, ceteareth-20, carbomer, triethanolamine, diazolidinyl urea, methylparaben, propylparaben, fragrance (parfum).

Proactiv Solution Acne Treatment System

Terrible reaction and cannot return
Reviewed on July 20, 2017

Unfortunately my skin reacted terribly to Proactiv and now I cannot return it. I bought from Amazon.

Good or bad?
Reviewed on July 20, 2017

This worked for my younger years, but as I grew older my acne started to change... It stopped working and started causing more breakouts on my face :(

Avoid Proactive...FRAUD
Reviewed on July 13, 2017

Please avoid to Order from this company. Products are very bad, just moisturiser, very very poor quality product and take money from your account without your consent and take payment for next order without informing you. If you return the product, you have to pay the return postage from your pocket and only refunds half. Need to involve the Bank to get money back. Planning to complaint to the UK governing bodies. AVOID AVOID PRO ACTIVE.

Not for me - their customer service is also horrible
Reviewed on July 7, 2017

I ordered a 30-day supply.... after 2 weeks, the product started to really dry my face out and make me break out even more. So I stopped using it. Then I weirdly received another package, much to my surprise. I was very busy that month and didn't get a chance to return the box, but thought I was just enrolled on another 30 day. So I was happy to take the hit because I couldn't get back to them earlier.

Then I received a mail, saying my payment was overdue for a 90 day supply. I didn't event realise I was automatically enrolled to a 90 day supply, seeing as I never opened my box didn't get this notice... I tried to refund but their customer service was really unhelpful and completely understand its been 60 days after I received the box. They didn't email me to confirm my 90 days subscription... so I've had to grin and bear it - be carefull if you order any of their products.... I wouldn't recomend it because it includes so much more chemicals and dries your skin out... plus their customer service is dreadful.

Proactive Forever! 💜👍😁
Reviewed on June 14, 2017

I have been battling with moderate acne since I was 15. Last 2007, I discovered Proactiv and I can say that this product has helped me achieve the clear skin I have always wanted. I tried switching to ProactivPlus but I have discovered that I don't react well with Salycylic Acid so I went back to using the Original and for ten years now, it is still my go-to product.

It has become a part of my daily regimen.

It feels good on the skin and I have no issues applying make up on top of it.

I also used Proactiv while I was pregnant with my second and I had the best skin compared to my first (Proactiv and pregnancy hormones - the perfect combination 😁).

For those who are keen to give this product a try, please do not give up on the first few months. My face turned red and peeled off on the first few weeks, but I persevered. The acne did not just disappear instantly and about three months after using, my face cleared up. I have recently read Dr. Dubrow's book The Acne Cure and it actually makes sense that Proactiv contains the products that is needed to get rid of acne - Glycolic Acid (Step 2) and BP (Step 1 & 3).

To those who took their time to read this, I wish you all the best.

Thank you Dr. Rodan & Dr. Fields! Proactiv Forever!

DO NOT BUY
Reviewed on May 15, 2017

I have only been a customer of proactive for a short period of time (a few months) and would like to say that the customer service and the product are horrific. Firstly the product made no change to my skin except left it dry, therefore in my experience the product does not work. However the main fault in this company is the terrible customer service. They sent me extra items that I didn't ask for costing £90!! I then got a very rude lady at the end of the telephone telling me to listen to what she had to say. I then had to pay postage to send the items back and they charge you postage for an item you don't want and don't give you that back either! Everything takes an incredible amount of time for them to process, this issue happened in March and only now in May am I getting my money back that they took without me knowing, no email, no call - nothing. Don't give them your credit card they will just take take take until you realize. Worst company I have ever dealt with

Terrible customer service
Reviewed on April 3, 2017

I was first a proactiv customer 6 yrs ago. Customer service was impeccable then. I cancelled/deactivated my subscription in January to try a different charcoal product. I asked at that time to pay what I owed in full and I was told I did. I got a bill 3 months later. I called and the representative told me that I still owed an installment that they shipped late last year. I told her that I was told my bill was paid in full in January. The woman just kept repeating my balance owed and did not address my complaint. I finally gave up and decided to pay. I gave her my card number and she told me that was not a working card number and wanted a different card. I told her that was very much a working card number and she replied 'do you have a different card or....'. I just hung up. I emailed proactiv with the above complaint and they replied 'your account has been deactivated. This is your current balance. Please pay it when it's due.' SERIOUSLY. My account had been deactivated since January at which time I was told I'd paidy balance. TERRIBLE customer service

The charge your credit card even you cancel the subscription and you have to pay for shipping if you want to return the product
Reviewed on March 20, 2017

The customer service is the worst, Also do not give them credit cards. They will start charging your credit card without authorization. They will send the packages and then you have to pay for the shipping to return the package. I post to stop the subscription after see that this bunch of cute but expensive bottles did not work. The did put a "stop for six months" after that they charged me and shipped a bunch of bottles to me. I called again, and I made sure to say cancel my subscription. Today it is five months after that, and they did it again. The shipping back cost me about 25 dollars. I replaced my credit card to make sure they do not charge me again. In the end, the product did not work as advertised

Customer service starting to falter
Reviewed on March 16, 2017

I've been using Proactiv for over 10 years now and my skin has stayed quite clear with the occasional flare ups. Most recently I've been getting more flare ups so I called in to see if they could send me a spot treatment. Before I called today, their customer service had been impeccable; no wait, courteous reps, and they always let me try the different moisturizers for free in the winter when my skin got dry. The rep I had today offered for me to pay $20 for the pen and $16 for the blemish treatment. I asked if they had samples since I don't want to try the product and dislike it and waste it. That wasn't an option. Quite disappointed since these are things the company usually gifts me for free and they even note on a flyer in my monthly box and I can receive free product gifts, samples, and sneak previews.

Hoping this was just a fluke rep since in the past the company has bent over backwards.

nope
Reviewed on March 9, 2017

I wish there was an option for 0 stars becuase this product deserves it. Proactiv is a scam for your money. I personally have combination oily skin but more towards the oily side. Within the first 2/3 days my skin was so dry I had to stop using it but i tried again and kept with it for about 3 months. I cannot emphasize how much this product doesnt work its drying and it burns and it does not clear acne I would recommend only to my worse enemies.