Proactiv Solution Acne Treatment System reviews

2.6/5 - 4516 reviews

Brand: Proactiv Solution

RENEWING CLEANSER
Benzoyl Peroxide (2.5%).

Water (aqua), magnesium aluminum silicate, glyceryl stearate, PEG-100 stearate, sorbitol, dimethyl isosorbide, disodium PEG-12 dimethicone sulfosuccinate, tridecyl stearate, neopentyl glycol dicaprylate/dicaprate, polyethylene, cetyl esters, anthemis nobilis flower extract, sodium hyaluronate, sodium PCA, xanthan gum, tridecyl trimellitate, propylene glycol, Imidazolidinyl urea, methylparaben, propylparaben, fragrance (parfum).

REVITALIZING TONER
Ingredients:
Water (aqua), glycolic acid, hamamelis virginiana (witch hazel) extract, anthemis nobilis flower extract, rosa canina fruit extract, aloe barbadensis leaf juice, sodium PCA, panthenol, glycerin, propylene glycol, allantoin, polysorbate 20, hydroxyethylcellulose, sodium hydroxide, benzophenone-4, tetrasodium EDTA, imidazolidinyl urea, methylparaben, propylparaben, fragrance (parfum), blue 1 (CI 42090), yellow 5 (CI 19140).

REPAIRING TREATMENT
Benzoyl Peroxide (2.5%).

Water (aqua), ethoxydiglycol, cyclotetrasiloxane, cyclopentasiloxane, cetearyl alcohol, propylene glycol, dimethicone, glyceryl stearate, PEG-100 stearate, panthenol, allantoin, xanthan gum, ceteareth-20, carbomer, triethanolamine, diazolidinyl urea, methylparaben, propylparaben, fragrance (parfum).

Don't bother
Reviewed on July 22, 2016

Not only did this not work for me at all, it bleached all my face towels. Imagine, it is dying your cloths and your putting that all over your face? If this worked or works for you, that's amazing. It just didn't for me.

only for people who get 1-2 pimples a month
Reviewed on July 22, 2016

This is not for anyone who has anything more than the mildest cases of acne, for it is to abrasive and irritating, and simply does not work. I used it for a few month back when I first got acne in the 6th grade. It worked for a two months and I remember vividly just breaking out more and more and being super embarrassed. I think it actually made my acne worse.

Watch some of the commercials for this stuff. The people on there who talk about it in their before pictures literally have like one or two tiny pimples on their face. Of course it worked for them, they don't have acne lol.

Bad, especially for sensitive skin
Reviewed on June 23, 2016

My acne got worse while using this. Also, it sucks for sensitive skin. Pretty much ended up with red, raw skin, which can only be described as looking like I had a chemical peel... Yep, would not recommend!

Please don't go for this
Reviewed on June 18, 2016

This is the waste product,Please don't go for this. I have used it, which made my skin black in color and as well as no improvement in acne/scars removals. Instead of this you better prefer the normal solutions which are in available @ medical stores.

Waste of Money and time.

10 weeks and my face got worse
Reviewed on June 16, 2016

Skin type: normal/oily

I used Proactiv for 10 weeks and my face got progressively worse with more redness and breakouts. It worked for my sister and best friend though hence why I cant give it less than a three; it just doesn't work for everyone.

RUINED MY SKIN
Reviewed on May 13, 2016

I never really had very bad pimples but was still so self conscious of them. I had a few spots on my forehead and a couple would pop up on my chin from time to time but nothing really major. My mum knew how self conscious i was about them and saw on tv the proactiv ad and ordered me the 1 month tester pack to see how i liked it. After a month of using proactiv it slightly decreased the number of pimples i had but was making my skin SUPER dry and flaky and it was a little bit red at the start. I decided it wasn't worth it and a couple months later my skin started popping up with a lot more pimples than usual. My face was more oily than i had ever seen it. My routine hadn't changed, i was back to my usual face wash and kept up the same routine of exercise and diet which aside from, like, one chocolate bar every few months was healthy. 6 months later my skin had gotten even worse so i decided to give proactive another go, noting that it did slightly decrease the number of pimples i had whilst using it. I used it for nine months and once again, it didn't clear all of my pimples and my skin was so disgustingly dry it didn't matter how much moisturiser i used, it wouldn't go away. so i made the decision to stop using proactive completely and hey ho, 3 months later my skin is the worst it's ever been. Again, my exercise and diet were the same as aways but THERE WERE PIMPLES EVERYWHERE! i had never had a spot anywhere other than my forehead and my chin but suddenly they were popping up EVERYWHERE on my face. both cheeks were covered in pimples, the bottom of my chin outlining my face, my nose, my temples MY EYEBROWS?! it was ridiculous. i really regretted ever getting proactiv and am warning everyone who doesn't suffer from severe acne to STAY AWAY! ITS NOT WORTH RUINING YOUR SKING FOR A COUPLE OF PIMPLES IN YOUR YOUTH!!

Rubbish
Reviewed on May 8, 2016

Rubbish! I've tried and tested this, used it religiously for 2 months and i had no results. My skin was oiler and that caused more breakouts! I'm now on the acne.org regimen, it's day 4 and already I see results!!!

Fake
Reviewed on May 6, 2016

Fake and useless .. waste of money

Do yourself a favour, suffer for 2-3 months but take roaccutaine tablets .. saved me and removed all my acne even on my neck and back!

If your young or have any forms of depression etc please read all reviews and news about this medicinal drug

Not worth the pain not worth the $$$$$
Reviewed on April 27, 2016

I have been struggling with acne ever since i hit puberty and my skin did a complete flip-flop. I went from clear skin to a few chin or nose pimples to where we start the story. I had been using different oil free face wash/Noxzema/cheap cleaners and noticed my face was really breaking out, my makeup i wore everyday also did not help the case. But i was also eating really bad at this time too. My skin is clear from the eyes down but on my forehead i get large bright red bumps, and brown scars. I couldn´t get by with the old mosquito bite excuse, so my mom splurged and bought me the Proactiv 3 step system. I also got the Skin Purifying Mask which in my opinion helped to cool and calm acne spots. The system worked for the first month, and they charged me for a second 90-day treatment. My break down of the 3 step system

Skin Exfoliating face wash- It is much too harsh for acne spots, especially cystic acne or large pimples because it burns open sores scratched sensitive skin. I noticed also after i used it that my skin was so dry and tight and seemed to have lost all of its elasticity.

Pore Targeting treatment- This is the best of the three, it contains benzoyl peroxide which is one of the best treatments for acne. This i felt did the job in penetrating to the root of the acne problem the pore.

Complexion Perfecting Hydrator- This was an iffy product, it burned my skin and dried it out SO much. Rough acne(one that is hot and tingly and burning) and this ¨moisturizer¨ should not be together. It literally numbs my face and that´s funny because it does not even hydrate my skin like it claims to.

OVERALL- I do not suggest wasting 25 dollars on the 3 step system because only one product works average. Its too harsh and it feels to chemically made, if i were you and im struggling with acne i would suggest ST. Ives, Neutrogena or OLAY Fresh Effects, homemade products, or seeing a dermatologist.

Nope Nope NOPE!!!
Reviewed on April 9, 2016

First acne treatment I ever used on my skin back when I was 16, with the encouragement from my stepmom (as she uses it to this day).

She said it works great for her, for me on the other hand, it was the beginning of the rapid downfall of my skin. It made my face so PAINFULLY dry, and my acne even more painfully horrible. It made me develop cystic acne that took so long to get rid of. My skin is also very fair, and it caused me to become so red!

Maybe this product works for some people, but for me it was horrible. My skin is far too sensitive for this product. Benzoyl Peroxide is not for the sensitive skinned, not at all.

HOWEVER, the sulfur face mask was decent for spot treatments. But even that was not enough to fight my acne. I would not recommend this product, but it seems to work for some people. But if you have sensitive skin definitely be careful.