Page 4 of Proactiv Solution Acne Treatment System reviews

2.6/5 - 4374 reviews

Brand: Proactiv Solution

RENEWING CLEANSER
Benzoyl Peroxide, 2.5%

Water (aqua), magnesium aluminum silicate, glyceryl stearate, PEG-100 stearate, sorbitol, dimethyl isosorbide, disodium PEG-12 dimethicone sulfosuccinate, tridecyl stearate, neopentyl glycol dicaprylate/dicaprate, polyethylene, cetyl esters, anthemis nobilis flower extract, sodium hyaluronate, sodium PCA, xanthan gum, tridecyl trimellitate, propylene glycol, Imidazolidinyl urea, methylparaben, propylparaben, fragrance (parfum).

REVITALIZING TONER
Ingredients:
Water (aqua), glycolic acid, hamamelis virginiana (witch hazel) extract, anthemis nobilis flower extract, rosa canina fruit extract, aloe barbadensis leaf juice, sodium PCA, panthenol, glycerin, propylene glycol, allantoin, polysorbate 20, hydroxyethylcellulose, sodium hydroxide, benzophenone-4, tetrasodium EDTA, imidazolidinyl urea, methylparaben, propylparaben, fragrance (parfum), blue 1 (CI 42090), yellow 5 (CI 19140).

REPAIRING TREATMENT
Benzoyl Peroxide, 2.5%.

Water (aqua), ethoxydiglycol, cyclotetrasiloxane, cyclopentasiloxane, cetearyl alcohol, propylene glycol, dimethicone, glyceryl stearate, PEG-100 stearate, panthenol, allantoin, xanthan gum, ceteareth-20, carbomer, triethanolamine, diazolidinyl urea, methylparaben, propylparaben, fragrance (parfum).

Proactiv Solution 4-pc. Acne Treatment System
updated: 04/20/2014 04:10 UTC

Used it for 13 years. It works.
Reviewed on February 15, 2014

I was looking for some reviews on newer proactive products I was thinking of trying and came across the site. The negative reviews shocked me. Im 36 yrs old and have been using proactive since I got engaged, 13 years ago. It seems most people complained about customer service or the cost. In the last 13 yrs I have not had any issues. Once they sent me the wrong cleanser, I called they sent me the correct one and let me keep the wrong one. I pay about $45 every two months. $22.50 a month to have clear skin is just fine with me. I tried everything, Proctiv works. When I first started using it people would compliment how smooth my skin looked, and ask what Im using. THAT never happened before. I did notice that when I stop using acne does start coming back. If your considering, please give it a try, you could be missing out. They now have sensitive skin version also.

It's a SCAM!
Reviewed on February 4, 2014

I started buying Proactiv about a year ago because their ads are so tempting, order for only $20.00 and you can schedule your own shipment at your convenience. I ordered and received my first kit and a few days later I was charged another $33.00, so I changed my shipping frequency to 16 weeks, then 6 weeks later another kit arrives and this time they charged another $60.00. I checked my account to make sure shipping frequency was 16 weeks, but then AGAIN about 8 weeks later, another kit comes and they charged me $60 again. I called them to cancel my account and I specifically asked if I could return the last kit they sent, as I had not used it, and also asked if I could get a refund for the last kit once they got it back. The person on the other end told me yes, they would return my money if I shipped back the kit. That same afternoon I went to the post office to send it back, luckily since I hadn't opened the package, I didn't have to pay shipping. Well, the day after I went to the post office, I check my credit card statement and there's a new charge of $33 from Proactive (this was charged AFTER I called them to cancel my shipments); so I called my credit card company and informed them of all this, and that I had sent back the product so I didn't want to to be charged for this anymore. They immediately canceled these charges, so I'm happy with my credit card company for taking my side. Finally, about 6 weeks later, I got a bill from Proactiv stating that I still owed them money; I ignored it but a new one came a few weeks after that. I'm not sending them one more penny, these people are scammers and they have no shame about lying to you on the phone. The product doesn't really work well, but if you are curious about using a treatment like this, you could try one of the dozens of knockoff kits from Walmart or similar stores. They are much cheaper so you will save hundreds of dollars and a lot of headache.

skin crack
Reviewed on February 2, 2014

This product worked great for me, but it is extremely harsh! In the winter I find my skin to be really dry, especially using proactiv. Although it did clear up my skin, I can't seem to come off it without breaking out really bad! (like face crack..) My breakouts where never this bad before using it and now I'm regretting ever buying it. I don't recommend using this product if you have really dry or sensitive skin. And considering the fact that it takes the color out of whatever it touches, it kind of freaks me out that they suggest putting it on your skin...

makes my skin worse
Reviewed on January 30, 2014

When I first started using proactiv I did see some improvement. But then it started to get worse. By week 6 my acne was getting progressivly worse so I stopped. I'm not sure how this company is so successful and sells so much. Kind of mind boggling considering the amount of negative reviews about them.

DO NOT BUY AND CAN NOT RETURN
Reviewed on January 30, 2014

I thought this was a great product so i ordered it and when i received it they where so small. Than i saw that money was taken out of my account with out my consent. I go away to school so when i found out it was at my home and when i got the mailing reciept and sent it, it was"over the time limit" to return it. I LOST OVER 100$. so i called to cancelled it and the lady on the phone said she cancelled my profile and while on my christmas break i received another package and i immediately called got a refund slip and mailed it back. i waited the 4-6 weeks it takes to receive it and process the return and i look and saw they did not give my whole money back. i called up and they said they do not do this for everyone and gave me my shipping and handling back... DO NOT PURCHASE THIS PRODUCT IF YOU WANT TO LOSE MONEY, HAVE A HASSLE, AND FIGHT WITH THEM EVERY MONTH!

DON'T BUY!!!!
Reviewed on January 30, 2014

I decided to try ProActiv after seeing all the commercials. For each package they send they charge you THREE "easy" payments of $33.94. Which come out to about $101 for each box. It does not work well enough to pay that much money! I have lost about $300 to them. Don't make the same mistake I did!

Terrible customer service
Reviewed on January 24, 2014

I have been using proactiv plus for a little over a month now, and I actually have already seen great results. My skin has cleared up a great amount. I would love to continue using proacitv, however, I have experienced probably the worst customer service I’ve ever had. During my first order, I was misinformed about the amount I was going to be paying. They told me I would be paying $39.95 for this kit, and then get charged every 3 months for another kit. False. They are charging me $39.95 every single month, making the actual amount $119.85. I called to discuss my disappointment to one of their representatives, and again I just had someone talking in circles rather than being completely honest with me. Once I finally got the chance to talk to a supervisor (whom was not friendly towards a paying customer) he finally said he will send me step 1 to make up for the confusion. I still wasn’t completely satisfied, but decided to continue. After a few days, I received a confirmation e-mail saying my package was delivered, yet it was delivered to a different address. I called to talk to another representative (nicer than the others I’ve spoken to) and explained my situation. She said they will send something in the mail that I need to fill out claiming I didn’t receive the product, then they will re-send the product. So at this time, I know have to wait about two weeks to receive this product, yet none of their staff seems sympathetic whatsoever. I have never submitted a complaint to any company, but after working in customer service for several years, I find myself being very unsatisfied. At this point I am looking for a different acne system that will be cheaper than this, only because of their terrible customer service. If it wasn’t for that, I would definitely continue using this product.

Works for me
Reviewed on January 21, 2014

I hate beeing the devil's lawyer, but after reading a few of the comments I think I have to. Proactiv did worked for me. I always had light acne and I think I've tried almost every treatment out there and Proactiv was the only one that actually worked. I only use it once a day tho, at night, before I go to bed, so maybe that's why I don't experience the dryness. And I buy it from the local farmacy so I don't have to deal with the customer service (I feel that people complain more about this than the product itself :D) Anyway, just wanna let people know that there are people out there that have good experience with Proactiv.

BAD PRODUCT
Reviewed on January 17, 2014

I ordered this product for my 16 year old daughter. I bought the $30 package of Proactive, which resulted my daughter's face being red, swollen, more acne than before and stung her face so bad that she could know longer use the product.. So I just took it as a loss, after all it was only $30. About one month later I get a bill in the mail for $100, stating that they had sent a new package of Proactive that was $100 worth to my address (that I did NOT order)!! They wanted me to pay that much money for a product that was not even received or wanted!! At this time we where based in Fort Drum NY and just recently moved back to our hometown in Georgia. I find it funny that I have not received the product that they clam they sent but yet get the bill to it, at our new address with no problem!! Something that I did not order in the first place! Watch out on this!! You can just try Proactive out for $30, then monthly you get a bill for $100 for a big package of the product which was not ordered or even received!! I am NOT happy with the Proactive product or their business ethic..

I'd rather eat dirt than deal with proactiv
Reviewed on January 15, 2014

First off why can't I rate a 0? Anyways, STAY AWAY!! Like everyone else I had seen all of the commercials and it finally got to my head, so I called to order. Everything was great. Got my order on time, everything was included, and they had lots of information in the box. It had been a couple weeks and my skin was getting WORSE and multiple estheticians at my work told me to cancel my order. So I called before my 30 days was up to cancel. The guy said ok I'm sorry you didn't like the product but I will cancel your account. Only to find a proactiv box sitting on the front porch a week later and $30 taken out of my account. So I called again and another person assured me that my account was canceled but when I had called the first time, the order was already shipped and the money will be refunded when they received the box back. (I had refused the package and made the mailman take it back so I didn't have to pay to reship it) A month goes by thinking my account was canceled when BOOM another charge but no package. I called AGAIN. Apparently when I signed up, I opted to have a 3 month supply sent to me(which was the package I refused and sent back) but be charged once every month for 3 months, which I didn't because I only wanted to try it. They told me sometimes the process takes some time and not to worry, it will be refunded. The next month, CHARGE and no refund. I call yet again this time with an attitude telling them to stop taking money out of my account. The lady told me they had received the box and it will now take up to 6 weeks to have the money refunded. Ok fine. Then next month, CHARGE. I call for a fourth time demanding that I speak to a supervisor, which I never did. This lady tells me that 2 days ago I was refunded $89.85. But 5 days ago they took out another $30. She told me that it has been refunded it must not be showing on my bank account yet. So I will wait 3 days. If there is no refund on my card, I will be calling a supervisor and telling him I am about to contact my local news company to people know to NEVER buy this product.