Page 2 of Proactiv Solution Acne Treatment System reviews

2.6/5 - 4461 reviews

Brand: Proactiv Solution

RENEWING CLEANSER
Benzoyl Peroxide, 2.5%

Water (aqua), magnesium aluminum silicate, glyceryl stearate, PEG-100 stearate, sorbitol, dimethyl isosorbide, disodium PEG-12 dimethicone sulfosuccinate, tridecyl stearate, neopentyl glycol dicaprylate/dicaprate, polyethylene, cetyl esters, anthemis nobilis flower extract, sodium hyaluronate, sodium PCA, xanthan gum, tridecyl trimellitate, propylene glycol, Imidazolidinyl urea, methylparaben, propylparaben, fragrance (parfum).

REVITALIZING TONER
Ingredients:
Water (aqua), glycolic acid, hamamelis virginiana (witch hazel) extract, anthemis nobilis flower extract, rosa canina fruit extract, aloe barbadensis leaf juice, sodium PCA, panthenol, glycerin, propylene glycol, allantoin, polysorbate 20, hydroxyethylcellulose, sodium hydroxide, benzophenone-4, tetrasodium EDTA, imidazolidinyl urea, methylparaben, propylparaben, fragrance (parfum), blue 1 (CI 42090), yellow 5 (CI 19140).

REPAIRING TREATMENT
Benzoyl Peroxide, 2.5%.

Water (aqua), ethoxydiglycol, cyclotetrasiloxane, cyclopentasiloxane, cetearyl alcohol, propylene glycol, dimethicone, glyceryl stearate, PEG-100 stearate, panthenol, allantoin, xanthan gum, ceteareth-20, carbomer, triethanolamine, diazolidinyl urea, methylparaben, propylparaben, fragrance (parfum).

Proactiv Solution Acne Treatment System

Did somebody get any money back?
Reviewed on May 19, 2015

This product It's not working for many people. I wanna know what to do if it doesn't work on me either. They guaranty to refund your money but I haven't read any comment about it.

I'm already disappointed because I paid for overnight shipment six days ago and I haven't gotten the product yet. When I called to see what's going on, proactive people were very rude and didn't help.

by aecarter87 on 05/20/2015 20:18
they are extremely rude! the day of my first order I noticed my address was incorrect, so I called. They told me it too 24 hours for the order to be processed, I called 2 days later (mind you, that's 48 hours" and the order still had not been processed. It might be annoying, but keep calling, and just cancel the whole order all together. They are a scam!
Waste of money
Reviewed on May 14, 2015

I was beyond excited to try proactiv when I bought it. For the first week I saw no improvements or changes. Then the second week, BAM! My face was as red as a fire truck. It burned the crap out of my skin. It was so drying face that my face would peel. It was a waste of money and not worth all the hype that it is given. Would not recommend to anyone.

did not work for my skin at all
Reviewed on May 14, 2015

I purchased this about 3 years ago, the whole shazam, and used it religiously everyday, twice a day as the package described. Let me tell you it was a waste of my time and a waste of my money! It did not work, i tried to be patient, but after 5 months and no result i gave up. I got on birth control and about 60% of my face cleared up and i am currently using the regimen to clean out the rest, and i am starting to see results. If you want clear skin there are other options, dont give up. Proactiv is full of bullsh*t advertisement with no real results.

by paolagloria on 05/19/2015 16:17
Would not recommend...
Reviewed on May 14, 2015

I have combination skin, and have never had any type of adverse reaction to face wash. I used this for a couple of months, and suddenly my skin broke out in itchy bumps and my forehead was so dry I could see the flakes fall when I scratched it. When I called them, the lady I could barely understand assured me this is normal. Why would I want to have worse skin than when I started? I went to a more natural product and my skin went back to normal. Please take caution before purchasing this product.

by paolagloria on 05/19/2015 16:16
by paolagloria on 05/19/2015 16:32
by paolagloria on 05/19/2015 16:32
by paolagloria on 05/19/2015 16:57
by paolagloria on 05/19/2015 16:58
Disgusting!
Reviewed on May 5, 2015

I purchased this set with high hopes and within a few days my skin was awful. Sore, irritated and a worse break out then I started with. I was so disappointed when I received a second months worth and realised when I made the purchase I unintentionally opted for three months worth. However, the third month nothing arrived and even though I was charged I didn't dispute it as I absolutely can not bear this product! only to find the crooks took a further payment and entered me into a membership that you have to contact them to cancel AGAIN DID NOT EVEN SEND PRODUCTS! Customer service is shocking and I really hope they are picked up on watchdog! scandalous! I DO NOT recommend this product at all!!

Disappointing second go around
Reviewed on May 3, 2015

Hello! Writing this review to hopefully help someone in a similar situation. I purchased the 3 step kit at age 23 after remembering that I used it for 4-5 years in my teenage years and loved the results back then. Unfortunately, I believe that I am the case where it will not necessarily work the second time around (skin changes as you get older). I started using it and although it felt great, cleaned my skin, and even smelled great, I began getting the worst cystic acne I have ever had in my entire life. The reason why I went and purchased this kit in the first place was because I was having a lot more break outs than usual, but no cystic acne. When I used this, it got BAD, and is still bad a month later. I have stopped using it and am looking into other products that will hopefully work for my skin. Not only did I waste $75, but in my case- it made my skin much worse. Not to mention they won't stop calling and emailing me, even though I was very purposeful to not leave that information with the salesperson at the kiosk I purchased it from. I feel like this product CAN be good for some people, but it does not work for every type of acne like they make you think from the commercials.

Not even worth one starWORST PRODUCT! Made mine 10Xs worse
Reviewed on April 30, 2015

For someone who has bad skin all you want is to find a way to make it better to have "dream skin" proactive IS NOT the answer it sucks people in that are desperate to find a solution to the problem, it made my skin red and sore made my skin peel off!!even now I've stopped using it my skin is 10X worse now it's even more sensitive olily AND dry,especially for teenagers it's so hard to feel 100% confident in their own skin more so when they have bad skin,this product drys your skin out and does not prevent bad skin infant makes it worse and can cause all sorts of issues for when you are older all these products that rant about how they are the solution for good skin do this for money do not get sucked in unless you know something will work for you,I'm beyond fed up of all the fauls representation of these types of products it needs to stop as it is just lies

My acne turned into cystic acne. DON'T BUY IT.
Reviewed on April 29, 2015

Bought it when I was 15 made my acne turn into cystic acne. F**ks up your skin. Stains your clothes. They keep on insisting to keep buying the product. They never shut up. Once you buy it they take money away from you and send you bigger bottles without permission. DON'T EVER BUY THIS EVER.

Not worth it
Reviewed on April 24, 2015

I bought this when I was in Asia because of very convincing reviews that I read. However, it did not do the job on my acne. It could heal the existing zits (it takes time) but doesn't stop new ones from forming. I gave it the benefit of the doubt and waited until I used up the whole bottles. It didn't worsen my face, it just did nothing. Considering the price (it was expensive in Asia) and the time you'll commit to see the results, it's not worth it. Hope this helps.

Do not use Proactiv!!!
Reviewed on April 14, 2015

I used Proactiv during the summer after grade 8, and my mild acne cleared right up by the time grade 9 started, so about 2 months. I stopped using it since I thought there was no need to keep using it since my acne was all gone. Well, I was wrong. 2 months later, I start getting acne again, this time 5 times worse than it was before Proactiv. I'm still struggling with acne, and I'm now in the 10th grade. I can't seem to get rid of it. So if you are willing to pay for this expensive product and use it for basically the rest of your life, you can use it. But as for using it just until your acne clears up, I do not recommend it at all!!! Also, I found it really irritated my skin. It burned a lot and made it red. So it does work, but, only for a short period of time.