Proactiv Solution Acne Treatment System

Brand: Proactiv Solution

Most helpful review

By rdbettridge on 11/27/2013
thumbnail

I decided to try ProActive in the beginning of the year, so I ordered a kit. After that first one I noticed that it didnt work, but they sent me a second one without me asking for it about a month later. Not only that, but they took my money from my account without my authorization. About 2 months after, I called to tell them I wanted to cancel & I wanted them to stop sending me kits without my saying so. So the guy I spoke to told me not to worry about the 60 day thing because of my situation & because I didnt know that they automatically did that. I told him I would send the two kits back that day in the post office, and he said I would get a full refund as soon as they received my shipment. I did everything the way he told me to do it when sending it back. I asked him how long before I would see the refund, and he said to check sometime in November. Its the end of November now and I haven't received anything back, so I called them only to find out that they wont give me back my refund! If I had known this, I wouldn't have gone out of my way to send it back!! I did everything that guy told me to do & paid for shipping it back, and this lady at ProActive even acknowledged over the phone that they got my two kits back but wont give me back my refund !! Now that I know these people are so incompetent... liars, unprofessional, and dont care about what they tell their customers,... I wont refer anyone to them. I will make sure to make them look as bad as I can so that no one has to lose their money the way I did. I had told a couple of friends of mine about it and they were going to order from them. I made sure to send them a text about this problem before they fell into the same hole. Now I've lost almost $200 because of them..

12 out of 12 people found this review helpful

RENEWING CLEANSER
Benzoyl Peroxide, 2.5%

Water (aqua), magnesium aluminum silicate, glyceryl stearate, PEG-100 stearate, sorbitol, dimethyl isosorbide, disodium PEG-12 dimethicone sulfosuccinate, tridecyl stearate, neopentyl glycol dicaprylate/dicaprate, polyethylene, cetyl esters, anthemis nobilis flower extract, sodium hyaluronate, sodium PCA, xanthan gum, tridecyl trimellitate, propylene glycol, Imidazolidinyl urea, methylparaben, propylparaben, fragrance (parfum).

REVITALIZING TONER
Ingredients:
Water (aqua), glycolic acid, hamamelis virginiana (witch hazel) extract, anthemis nobilis flower extract, rosa canina fruit extract, aloe barbadensis leaf juice, sodium PCA, panthenol, glycerin, propylene glycol, allantoin, polysorbate 20, hydroxyethylcellulose, sodium hydroxide, benzophenone-4, tetrasodium EDTA, imidazolidinyl urea, methylparaben, propylparaben, fragrance (parfum), blue 1 (CI 42090), yellow 5 (CI 19140).

REPAIRING TREATMENT
Benzoyl Peroxide, 2.5%.

Water (aqua), ethoxydiglycol, cyclotetrasiloxane, cyclopentasiloxane, cetearyl alcohol, propylene glycol, dimethicone, glyceryl stearate, PEG-100 stearate, panthenol, allantoin, xanthan gum, ceteareth-20, carbomer, triethanolamine, diazolidinyl urea, methylparaben, propylparaben, fragrance (parfum).

Proactiv Solution 4-pc. Acne Treatment System
updated: 04/17/2014 09:07 UTC

Member reviews

“In agony”
By on

After a couple of days using this product my skin feels so tight and dry, I stopped using it 4 days ago and my face still feels like it's on fire and so itchy and dry

Do not recommend this product

Steer clear!!

• I do not recommend using this product/treatment.

“Dried my whole face out!”
By on

I bought it mainly for mh ance under my skin and within a week, my whole face was super dry. I have combination skin. Its oily around my fore head and nose and then dry everywhere else. I started having to plaster aloe all over my face to try and heal the drying spots.

Because it dried everything out, it caused more acne. I tried it for a month just to see if it east trying to surface all the acne and then kill it all... but nope. It made my whole face break out and it took me months to get back to normal. I still have ance but its not nearly as bad as it was when I was using the proactiv.

Pros

• The bottles are easy to follow
  • The product doesnt smell bad

Cons

• Dried out my face
  • Gave me more acne
  • for about a month
  • $ 60
  • I do not recommend using this product/treatment.

“Horrible”
By on

This is by far the worst company I ordered from. Products broke my skin out worst. Money was taken from my account without my permission. I sent the products back unopened an never was refunded. EVERYONE...plz dont order from this company...RIP-OFF

Pros

• none

Cons

• Product
  • customer service
  • refunding policy
  • for about a month
  • $ 60
  • I do not recommend using this product/treatment.

“Terrible”
By on

If I could give this company a zero star, I would. First of all, I got the product for my 15 year old daughter who has acne and it burned her skin. I called to tell them, they sent a sample pack of the sensitive skin and also said I would like to start her on that. I also at that time put my account on hold because I was going on maternity leave and couldn't afford the outrageous amount for the product. 3 months later I get this huge amount deducted from my account unexpectedly, and when I called to verify it, the product had already been sent and they did not send the sensitive. So now I have months of useless product sitting in my bathroom. When I asked about returning it once the current arrives, I was told I could get my money returned (in 4-6 weeks) AFTER I pay to ship it back, plus the refund would be minus the original shipping that I PAID FOR. So in essence I'm paying shipping twice to return a useless product. I wish I had read recommendations before I even ordered. I'm so pissed with this ripoff company.

Pros

• NONE

Cons

• too strong for the skin
  • couldn't get a decent answer on return
  • could not get my order right
  • for a few months
  • $ 150
  • I do not recommend using this product/treatment.

“Not Crazy About Product”
By on

I am in the middle of using the product now because I used it a few years ago. I had been experiencing mild acne then and I am experiencing it now. I heard about Proactive and I gave it a try twice in the past. What made me come back for more was the fact that it did control it and eventually I stopped using it because my skin cleared up. I can't remember if it had side effects. All I know is, my acne cleared up, I stopped using it after serveral treatments. I didn't and I still don't want it to become a long term thing, because it is way to harsh for the skin. I decide to order it again since it worked before. I don't remember my skin ever drying up so badly. That is what I am experiencing now. I am into my second week of using it. My acne has cleared a little, but I hate the feeling of my skin. Beside being dry, my skin feels so tight. Just not normal. I wouldn't recommend this to anyone because though it seems to be clearing my skin up, there are just way too many harsh chemicals in it. I wanted to move to something a little more natural. After I'm done with this kit, I am not ordering more. I'm not too much worried about them charging my card as I had to change my debit card after I had suspicious activity going on, so now they are stuck with the old card. I did, however call to cancel my membership to avoid further shipments. I don't know if it worked, but we will see. If they want to bill me, they can go right ahead. I am not paying them a dime. The lady on the phone tried to explain to me why I should keep using it, but I cut her off and told her to just cancel my membership like I asked.

Its like you have to pay attention to whatever website you are ordering from. This is the only website I've been on where they didn't ask whether I want them to keep charging me or keep shipping me products. I think they should include that on the website. I've paid monthly for it in the past because I chose to and wanted it set up that way and I had done it over the phone, but not this time. After reading all the comments about people having problem canceling and still being charged, I picked up the phone and called to cancel. I also find it very odd that they don't have a review page on the Proactive site. They only have stories that's been told by people who probably never experience acne, but was told to say that "their life changed" or "they have so much confidence" after using the product. Really?

Pros

• None

Cons

[not submitted]
  • for a few weeks
  • $ 40
  • I do not recommend using this product/treatment.

“Doesn't Work”
By on

This product didn't really work for me. I followed all the indications for the facial treatment and all it did was irritate my skin, which made my facial acne even worse. The only positive thing I can say about this product is that it did clear my back acne slightly.

Pros

• Slightly clear back acne

Cons

• Costly
  • Makes your skin super dry
  • Didn't clear my facial acne
  • for a few months
  • $ 60
  • I do not recommend using this product/treatment.

“Fraudulant Product”
By on

I tried this product when I was 15, it did nothing. My acne was reduced very slightly for a day or two, but it came back much more severely. I also experienced severely dry skin and it bleached my clothes. Do not try this product, it will disappoint you.

Pros

• Very slight clearing

Cons

• Costly
  • Painful, with dry skin
  • Cost
  • $ 60
  • I do not recommend using this product/treatment.

“Can't be trusted”
By on

I had a horrible experience with them and I will never order anything from them again... They changed my order on there own and took money out of my account without even informing me....not to mention all the false advertisements on the tv... They say it's 30... But it's secretly 90 you just won't know for about a month...or until you check your bank statement..overall I would give them no stars but it's making me give them at least one and even that's to much

• $ 90
  • I do not recommend using this product/treatment.

“Manages acne, does nothing else”
By on

I don't have less acne after a couple months but it is more manageable now, it lasts a little less time. However, cancelling is intentionally ridiculous and they will charge you beyond belief. They slap you with an additional fee of over a hundred dollars. I do not recommend this product.

Pros

• Manages Acne

Cons

• Doesn't prevent it
  • Costly
  • Terrible shipping, service
  • for a few months
  • I do not recommend using this product/treatment.

“worst product in the world”
By on

let me tell you about this. this product. before you go looking at all those cheesy 5 star reviews probably written by employees of proactiv, read this. PROACTIV SUCKS MAN. alright let me tell you the story. my sister gets proactiv every month. the stupid company makes my parents pay every month for it and they can't get out of it. terrible customer service. terrible. so anyways, my sister had some leftover product from last months shipment, and gave me this new months shipment. I thought, hey, why not try it since everybody and their brother says it's so diddily darn great. so I try it. I use it as directed, twice a day, and after the first day my skin feels a bit weird. the skin around my eyes is pretty painful, but I thought nothing of it, it didn't really bother me. I was tired that night and in a hurry that morning, so by chance I didn't use proactiv at all that day. next morning, I wake up, and BAM my left eye is swollen to the size of Australia and my right eye is swollen to the size of New Zealand. AUSTRALIA AND NEW ZEALAND. let that sink in. luckily I didn't have anywhere to be that day so I sat around the house with an ice pack to my resembling-a-sunny-side-up-egg eye. I had that freaken ice pack on my eye the whole fraternucking day and the swelling didn't go down one bit. I was sort of freaking out because I knew I had to work the next day and there was no way in h e double hockey sticks that I was going with my eyes looking like a freshly puffed pillow at a Disneyland resort. but, there was nothing I could do, and i'm not an idiot so of course I didn't use proactive at all that day. now we are in this present day, good ol march 7th 2014. I woke up hoping that my eyes had gone back to normal, nope!! they had grown to roughly the size of the US financial crisis. not only that, but I also had a rockin inflamed rash along my chin and around my eyes to match. fabulous. I panicked and since I had to be at work in a few hours, I did what any sensible girl resembling a 3 year old lemon that you found in the back of your fridge would do. I covered my face with illegal amounts of makeup. I replaced the red inflamed areas on my face with cakey orange inflamed areas on my face. yes, I would rather look orange and puffy rather than red and inflamed. the spiders legs that were once eyelashes managed to cover to a degree my softball eyes, and I went to work. now here we are. this morning as I was using a whole bottle of foundation I vowed I would give proactiv the worst review they have ever gotten, and I did it all without 1 curse word. trust me, when I woke up this morning and saw my face in the mirror, there were multiple curse words flying around. this could happen to you. don't buy proactiv. never. never ever. never. i'll be back every week in case someone decides to report me or other reviews put this one at the bottom of the list. so, proactiv, firetruck you, you motherflicking count.

Pros

• well one pro is that it tAKES ALL UR MONEY
  • IT ALSO MADE MY ACNE WORSE
  • AND I AND MANY OTHER PEOPLE HAD AN ALLERGIC REACTION TO IT

Cons

• RASH
  • PUFFY EYES
  • TERRIBLE SERVICE
  • for a day or two
  • I do not recommend using this product/treatment.