Proactiv Solution Refining Mask

Average price: $28.29

Brand: Proactiv Solution

Most helpful review

By Anonymous, Gold coast on 01/28/2013

Pros:
  • I had this refining mask in my bathroom for a long time before I started to use it. I was just using the 3 step cleanse tone and repair, they never worked I used it everyday and still nothing. Last night i found the refining mask and thought I'd give it a try I didn't have anything to lose. I put it on for the ten minutes like it said then washed it off and went to bed. This morning I woke up went to look in the mirror and my face has never been this clear!
Cons:
  • No cons

9 out of 11 people found this review helpful

Active ingredient:
Sulfur 6%.

Inactive ingredients:
Water (Aqua), Kaolin, Glycreth-26, Sodium Lauroyl Sarcosinate, Magnesium Aluminum Silicate, Cetearyl Alcohol, Ceteareth-20, Linolenic Acid, Linoleic Acid, Arachidonic Acid, Titanium Dioxide, Zinc Oxide, Hydrated Silica, Tocopheryl Acetate, Lemongrass Exrtract, Geranium Extact, Tea Tree Oil, Ethoxydiglycol Methylparaben, Ethylparaben, Glycerin, Fragrance (Parfum).

Proactiv Solution Refining Mask 2.5 Oz
updated: 04/18/2014 04:26 UTC
Proactiv Solution Refining Mask 2.5 Oz Set Of 5
updated: 04/18/2014 04:26 UTC

Member reviews

By on

i was about 13 when I noticed I was starting to break out, my acne is somewhat irregular I have it bad somedays then somedays calm and very little. When I breakout sadly my pimples are big and throughout my chin I have tiny red zits. I started proactive when I was 14 since then it really was effective. The refining mask is the only thing that i use because the rest of the case was not useful. The refining mask does not permanently disappear your acne BUT it will reduce your specific pimple and or zit you want to get rid of. Its expensive for a little bottle but its worth it. It takes a few applications for it to be effective but overall good.

Pros

• Its really effective!
  • It reduces zits or pimples.
  • Good for sensitive skin.

Cons

• It takes a couple of days for it to be effective though but its worth it.
  • also it has a funny odor but nothing bad.
  • a bit pricey
  • moderate
  • for about a year
  • $ 25

By on

I've had a problem with acne since i was 11 n i am now 18. I'd do anything to have clear skin. I've tried many products and my skin just didn't mix with it. I tried the refining mask and instantly loved it. I automatically noticed results. It reduced my pimple size greatly and continues to each day. When i run my fingers across my face, i can't really feel bumps because they are now skin deep. Although, you can still see redness. I hope to continue with such great results. About the cons, it smells weird but who cares? It works. I sleep with it on anyways. I'd rather deal with a weird scent that i know is GOING to work. It can be pricey but amazon and ebay can fix that. It can dry your skin, but i use lotion or a moisturizer anyways. I also tend to get too happy with it and use too much at a time. You really do not need a lot i am just paranoid. Lol. Also, i use it overnight. I dont see how leaving it on for 10 minutes can help, weird. I suggest overnight. Another thing, is i never have trouble getting it off. I shower in the morning mostly, but even when i don't i just use a washcloth and gently wipe it off then wash my face and body. Then i use the proactiv wash. But, anyways i cannot see why someone wouldn't try this. Don't just use it for a day, use it for a week and see if you notice results. I couldn't imagine life without it now. My skin is the best it's been. I someday hope to not need cover up. That is my goal. I'm gonna keep it up! Please use it! It's amazing!

Pros

• works fast
  • makes skin soft
  • reduces zit size
  • reduces redness

Cons

• weird smell
  • can be pricey
  • doesnt go a long way for me
  • dries skin out
  • moderate
  • for a few weeks
  • $ 29.99

By on

I've had this product for a long time and it smells horrible. When you wakeup and take it off you can still smell it. It doesn't do a thing for my pimples. It sometimes works but not often. It does NOTHING.

Pros

• Sometimes it does work.

Cons

• Smell
  • Doesnt work that well.
  • moderate
  • I do not recommend using this product/treatment.

By on

The horrible egg smell ...

I do not recommend ANYTHING from Proactiv.

Pros

• Nothing

Cons

• Horrible smell
  • Does absolutely nothing positive to my face
  • moderate
  • for about a week
  • I do not recommend using this product/treatment.

By on

i really really really like this product. I've struggled with acne for four years now and this is the one kind of spot treatment that actually works for me and doesn't make my face break out when i use it. i have never used it as the actual mask, but instead i use it for spot treatment. i leave it on over night because i skin is extremely oily, so it doesn't exactly dry them out too much. pimples more than likely won't go away over night, but you will fore sure notice a difference in 1-2 days. i love this product and recommend it to anyone who suffers from acne in various spots on their face.

Pros

• reduces redness in pimples
  • brings the pimple to a head quicker
  • dries the crap out of the pimple
  • pimples feel less irritated when the mask is on
  • the cream lasts a very long time if you use it as just spot treatment

Cons

• the smell, but you get used to it
  • sometimes i have to put a crap ton of it on on pimple in order to see some kind of result
  • will NOT make a pimple vanish over night
  • hard to get off if you leave it on for a very long time
  • moderately severe
  • for more than a year

By on

This should be used for those deep, or big pimples, but not for a bunch of acne. Use on INDIVIDUAL zits and pimples.

It dries them up overnight and within 2-3 days they are usually completely gone. It doesn't usually leave scars either.

I don't recommend using any other Proactiv products than this because really irritate the skin, leaving red itchy bumps.

But I a very satisfied with the refining mask.

*I first got the refining mask free with my proactiv kit, but then when I ran out of the mask, I bought a bigger tube for $5 on ebay (about £3 GBP) and I have been using this a little over a year now. Love it!

Pros

• Makes pimples heal fast
  • Works overnight
  • Doesn't irritate my skin

Cons

• can sometimes be hard to scrub off in the morning, but not really a big deal
  • moderate
  • for more than a year
  • $ 5
  • I recommend using this product/treatment.

By on

This is the only over the counter acne product which I would recommend to acne sufferers. As someone who has struggled with an on again off again acne battle over the last five years, I can safely say this is the only product which has continuously worked for me.

I put the mask on at night all over my face before I go to bed sometimes if I feel like I need to, or just on problem areas. It makes little blemishes almost disappear and bigger ones come to a head much faster. It's very very good for oily skin (which I suffer from in the T zone), and has completely destroyed the blackheads on my nose :)

The mask does have a distinct odor to it, but I kind of like it, and it's not a very strong odor. The product has done so much for me that the smell just calms me down haha.

Honestly it does help to take a break from using it once in a while to let your skin breathe, and so your skin doesn't get too used to having so much extra help. I find if I stop using it for an extended length of time (a few weeks altogether), my skin breaks out...and then when I start using it again after an extended length of time...I do get an initial breakout as it pulls out the gunk from deeper under my skin. So essentially...if you have developing zits...they will come out to play sooner if you use this mask.

Overall I would absolutely recommend this product. It's Sulfur based (6%) and is the ONLY acne product I use.

Too many topical acne products can over time make your acne much worse, and cause your skin to develop wrinkles prematurely. I can say from experience that I have tried every over-the-counter treatment for acne...they all stopped working. THIS NEVER HAS :) and my skin has had a chance to recover from all the chemicals I tried pouring on it to get rid of a problem I needed to fix internally.

While it doesn't prevent hormonal acne, it sure does a great job combating the results on the surface <3

Good luck guys :)

Pros

• Easy to find on EBay
  • LOW price $5.00/2.5oz average
  • One tube lasts a very long time
  • Diverse use as either a mask, overnight
  • treatment, or spot treatment.
  • Doesn't stop working
  • Sulfur based

Cons

• None :)
  • Although it's not a miracle tube....if you have hormonal acne, you need to treat that at it's source..this is just a topical treatment.
  • moderate
  • for about a year
  • $ 5
  • I recommend using this product/treatment.

By on

I received the sample with my Proactiv kit, I leave it on spots overnight and in the morning my pimples are on the way to being gone.

Love it, and i don't think I could go long periods of time without it.

Pros

• Reduces appearance and redness almost instantly.

Cons

• No negatives so far!
  • moderate
  • for a few months
  • I recommend using this product/treatment.

By on

This product does work, but then other times it doesn't work

Its drying

But, if you have not tried proactiv or this refining mask, I recommend you give it a try, even if it does not work for you, at least you can say you've expirenced it.

I give it 3 out of 5, Some days I love this mask, other days....forget about it !!

Pros

• *It works sometimes, but it usually doesnt help my acne, or it sometimes make my acne worse!!!

Cons

• *can be hard to wash off your face
  • *extremely drying
  • moderate
  • for more than a year
  • I recommend using this product/treatment.

By on

Use it and follow to instructions. Never leave the refining mask on over night!!! Also use it daily, make it part of your daily routine and the acne will be gone in no time.

Pros

• Clears face over time
  • Makes pimples smaller really fast
  • Reduces the redness
  • Easy to use

Cons

• Can be hard to wash off sometimes
  • Dries the face really bad, recommend the Green Tea moisturiser
  • Don't leave the refining mask on over night, it dried my skin and made extremely irritating
  • moderately severe
  • for about a month
  • $ 25