Proactiv+ Complexion Perfecting Hydrator reviews

3.6/5 - 5 reviews

Brand: Proactiv+

Salicylic acid (0.5%).

Water, butylene glycol, cetearyl alcohol, dimethicone, sodium polyacrylate, scutellaria baicalensis root extract, sophora angustifolia root extract, morus alba root extract, glycyrrhiza glabra (licorice) root extract, arctostaphylos uva ursi leaf extract, kojic acid, zinc gluconate, alpha-glucan oligosaccharide, sodium hyaluronate, bisabolol, allantoin, squalane, safflower oil/palm oil aminopropanediol esters, C12-15 alkyl lactate, caprylic/capric triglyceride, caprylyl glycol, ethylhexylglycerin, glycerin, ethylhexyl palmitate, hydrogenated polydecene, hydroxypropyl cyclodextrin, PPG-5-laureth-5, polyquaternium-11, ceteareth-20, aluminum starch octenylsuccinate, polysorbate 60, hexylene glycol, PPG-2 myristyl ether propionate, sodium hydroxide, disodium EDTA, phenoxyethanol, fragrance.

Feels Great But Clogged My Pores
Reviewed on September 18, 2016

This moisturizer feels really good. It's nice and creamy, but it really clogged my pores and left me oily. I definitely prefer the Proactiv Green Tea Moisturizer or their Oil Free Moisturizer with SPF 15.

It's working!
Reviewed on March 29, 2015

I've used Proactiv before (old formula) and it seemed to keep my acne under control. I stopped using it on two different occasions for different reasons: 1st for financial and 2nd for a recurrence of breakouts. After this second time,I just resorted to living with acne. I've always tried to eat a healthy diet. A low GI diet definitely helped.

Years later I had someone privately recommend Proactiv to me. She was about my age (30s) and I was shocked that she ever suffered from acne. Her skin was flawless.

So I decided to visit a spa. Surely they would be able to help me get flawless skin. Well, I stuck with it from June to November and unfortunately, my acne got worse. When I looked in the mirror one day and said to myself, my face has never looked this bad, I made a decision to go back to Proactiv.

Once ordered, I was visiting my girlfriend and happened to notice her skin was much more polished of late. When I asked her what she was using, to my shock, she said Proactiv. I was sure I made the right decision then.

I have to say, I learned a great deal from the spa. This helped me stick with Proactiv. It is extremely important to follow the directions carefully. I started to see some results immediately but didn't feel it was worthy of 5 stars until at least 2 months later. One of the biggest mistakes is not "hardening" the skin to the BP, as acne.org teaches so well. Also not using moisturizer is another common error. The spa also taught me that hair removal causes breakouts. The second time I gave up Proactiv (mentioned earlier) was exactly because of this and I had thought Proactiv was no longer working. I had taken an epilator to my face and got the worst breakouts of my life.

Now, I'm sure that using the same concept with other brands will work too. I've already considered over-the-counter replacements but am enjoying seeing my skin clear up too much to give it up yet and risk a new product not working. I've still got scars that I'm slowly watching fade.

Lastly, some disclaimers: I am eating a mostly paleo diet. My acne is hormonal. I'm in my late 30s. I've been on Proactiv for 4 months. I am not associated with Proactiv at all.

Not too bad
Reviewed on August 19, 2014

I think this stuff is good but not great. Not sure if it's really clearing my acne as much as I would like it to, but it does moisturize my skin enough. I have very oily skin, so this moisturizes it just enough without making my skin feel sticky or greasy. It's also very soothing on my skin. I've keep ordering it with my Proactiv kit.

Too greasy
Reviewed on June 16, 2014

This moisturizer is runny but creamy at the same time, so its annoying how they put it in a jar. When I apply it to my skin I used such a tiny amount of it, and it left my skin feeling greasy for the rest of the day. It was a little stingy too, and its not because I have sensitive skin either. I like clean and clears dual action moisturizer a lot better than this one, and it's cheaper and easier to find.

MY ABSOLUTE FAVORITE MOISTURIZER!!! :)
Reviewed on May 28, 2014

**Part three of my Proactiv+ Reviews. This review is for the moisturizer in the system, but I am reviewing all proactive+ products that I have been using. Again, I am not paid by, employed by, or have been asked by proactiv to write these reviews. They are my opinions based on my experiences.**

I have been using this for 2 weeks along with the others in the system. This is Step 3, and my personal fav of the system. How often do you see moisturizers that are in tubs/jars? I love how thick and creamy this moisturizer is. It smells like heaven. Upon applying to the skin, you'll notice that it glides on smoothly. Immediately, your skin will have a nice glow. It feels pretty slimy in the jar, but after 5 mins the feel is gone as the product absorbs. My skin has never looked better and I used to HATE proactiv. I look forward each day to the time that I can apply proactiv to my face now. My skin looks great, smells great, and my complexion is steadily improving. It looks like I am wearing makeup because my skin is so clear and flawless now. I LOVE THESE NEW PRODUCTS! I highly recommend this!