Proactiv+ 3-Step System reviews

2.4/5 - 28 reviews

Brand: Proactiv+

Step One: Skin Smoothing Exfoliator
Benzoyl Peroxide (2.5%).

Water, sodium cocoyl isethionate, glycerin, polyethylene, lauryl/myristyl benzoate, linoleic acid, linolenic acid, butylene glycol, dimethicone, ethylhexylglycerin, acrylates/C10-30 alkyl acrylate crosspolymer, glycolic acid, sodium hydroxide, phenoxyethanol, fragrance.

Step Two: Pore Targeting Treatment
Benzoyl Peroxide (2.5%).

water, ethoxydiglycol, glycerin, prunus amygdalus dulcis (sweet almond) oil, polysorbate 80, polysorbate 60, sorbitan stearate, carbomer, potassium hydroxide, disodium EDTA, fragrance.

Step Three: Complexion Perfecting Hydrator
Salicylic Acid (0.5%).

Water, butylene glycol, cetearyl alcohol, dimethicone, sodium polyacrylate, scutellaria baicalensis root extract, sophora angustifolia root extract, morus alba root extract, glycyrrhiza glabra (licorice) root extract, arctostaphylos uva ursi leaf extract, kojic acid, zinc gluconate, alpha-glucan oligosaccharide, sodium hyaluronate, bisabolol, allantoin, squalane, safflower oil/palm oil aminopropanediol esters, C12-15 alkyl lactate, caprylic/capric triglyceride, caprylyl glycol, ethylhexylglycerin, glycerin, ethylhexyl palmitate, hydrogenated polydecene, hydroxypropyl cyclodextrin, PPG-5-laureth-5, polyquaternium-11, ceteareth-20, aluminum starch octenylsuccinate, polysorbate 60, hexylene glycol, PPG-2 myristyl ether propionate, sodium hydroxide, disodium EDTA, phenoxyethanol, fragrance.

The Worst
Reviewed on January 31, 2017

I do not like this product or really this company. I started breaking out literally out of nowhere in my mid 20s when I had never ever ever had acne before. I didn’t know what to do because in my teens, when everyone else in the world was going through it, I was crystal clear. The only thing I really had heard of was Proactive since I always saw it on TV. I gave them a call and was immediately pointed to this “system”. I hate re-occuring billing but they told me over and over that getting out of it wouldn’t be a problem.

Results were instantly BAD. My face started burning, slightly at first then after a week it was really burning when I put on the benzoyl. I gave them a call and they told me it was normal and I should continue to go through the cycle. My sheets started to stain which was ok and I have learned is normal with benzoyl but I wish they had told me before so I could have gotten white ones or ones I didn’t care about! Finally around 3 weeks in, I saw my mom and she was shocked at my face. Not only had the product not worked at minimizing my acne but I was just totally red - like permanently sunburned. She convinced me that a product should not do this to my face and told me to call them and return it.

That is where it got fun. They told me I could not return the product and I could only cancel after the next billing cycle. So basically because I was 3 weeks in, the next shipment had gone out and I was screwed. I put a stop payment on my credit card and returned the package to sender. Since then, I have gotten multiple harassing phone calls from the company urging me to consider coming back which is super funny since they didn’t seem to want me when they had me.

I did get less “sunburned”after I stopped using the product but my acne flared up even worse than ever. A lady from my mom's walking group told her about this company Ninja which I had never heard of. Told her that at the very least to call and they would tell me what was going on with my skin for free. I had nothing to lose and gave them a call, told them what had happened and they immediately and kindly diagnosed me with a severe sensitivity to benzoyl. Which no one NO ONE at Proactive had even brought up as a possibility. How the heck was I supposed to know that?!

The lady I spoke with at Ninja told me that most people with this problem use either glycolic or salicilic (sp??) acids. She gave me zero pressure to buy their stuff but I was so impressed with her level of knowledge and willingness to talk to me for a real long time about my problems that I decided to give it a shot. I got the sulfur formula, which I guess is for people with bad acne like I had. And yes, that is in the past! 2 months in and I couldn’t be happier. My skin is clear and NO thanks to Proactive. I was worried that I would stay “sunburned” forever but my face is back to its original color and I don’t have pimples any more. No more stress. no more makeup. NO MORE MAKEUP…can you believe that?! Never thought I would walk out of my house without makeup!! Happy ending after a long search. That is the good news. The bad news is don’t use proactive!

Clogs Pores
Reviewed on September 18, 2016

Normally I use the original Proactiv, but I thought I would give the Proactiv Plus a try. The products feel really great when you're using them. The moisturizer is especially rich and soothing. However, by day three, the pores on my nose and the butterfly wing shaped areas next to my nose were clogged. I was also starting to look a bit oily. Proactiv Plus would probably work for me, if I removed the moisturizer from my regime, and only used steps 1 and 2. But personally, I'd rather stick with the original Proactiv which works just as well if not better. It's also cheaper than the Proactiv Plus version.

acne problem
Reviewed on June 16, 2016

i have skin problem like acne n scars used many thing couldn't work..pleas guide me how i can get this proactive acne treatment online?

Worked
Reviewed on May 20, 2016

I'm writing this in the hope that it'll encourage someone out there who was in my condition to buy proactive and put an end to their suffering, because that's what I did. I used to get daily pimples around my mouth and chin. Whiteheads that would get pretty large and hurt really bad. It hurt to eat and drink and move my mouth in basically any way at all, not to mention looking bad and really affecting my confidence. I'd tried every kind of acne medicine that I could, stuff I bought at wall mart, weird organic stuff that my mom's friends would suggest, everything. None of it worked. I'm a senior in high school and dealt with acne every single day until about 3 months ago, when my mom bought me a trial kit of proactive. I'd heard mixed things, that it would hurt your skin, that it didn't work and whatever. I was so desperate I would try anything at that point so I did. And the first few weeks are pretty rough I'll tell you now. I didn't break out as much as my skin just got really irritated and red. I would get pimples every now and then but by 2 or 3 weeks in I noticed they were less frequent. I also will say that it is absolutely necessary to buy and use a good moisturizer everytime you apply proactive. I use a Neutrogena oil free lotion in the morning and the proactive green tea mosturizer at night (I do really like the green tea one). Anyway I pushed through the dryness and the redness and eventually it began to be less and less irritated each time I applied it and my pimples became less and less frequent. Right now at 3 months in my face is the clearest it's been in years. It's been probably 3 weeks since I've had any type of pimple on my face. No pain, no insecurity. It's awesome. I didn't think I'd ever be here, but here I am. I also use the brush daily which I think is important. Anyway to anyone out there who has tried everything and is feeling hopeless, I strongly encourage you to at least try the sample thing of proactive. Use it all, don't stop until you have finished the sample and if you don't see results then you can try something else. It worked for me, and I really hope this encourages at least someone to try it. (as a tip if you do order it make sure you cancel the second order that they charge you for a month after your first order if you don't want it) thanks hope this helps.

LOVED this product, amazing follow up to Acutane treatment
Reviewed on May 11, 2016

Background on my skin type: I have had severe topical and cystic acne for over the past 10 years - acne that carried over from my early teen years into my 20s. I went through a round of Acutane, which of course, worked wonders, but Acutane only permanently cleared up my cystic acne while my topical acne quickly returned.

I have naturally oily skin and I wear a full face of acne-solution make-up daily that also works to dry out my skin.

I have tried everything under the sun to cure or at least maintain my topical acne, and Proactiv+ has achieved this for me. When I wake up in the morning after applying the 3-step process at night, the results are instant. My skin is tighter, zits from the night before have receded, and my skin looks much healthier. The only way I feel comfortable and confident NOT wearing make up is when I use this product - a struggle of self confidence I have faced for many years now.

In summary: If your skin is naturally oily and can withstand products that will harshly dry you out, or if you have been through a round of Acutane already and your topical acne has returned (if you can handle Acutane, you'll have no problem with this product), I would highly recommend giving proactive+ a try.

After I complete the 3 step process, I use Cetaphil moisturizer for sensitive skin to help prevent excess drying out of skin.

EXTREMELY DRYING
Reviewed on April 27, 2016

Do not waste your money with Proactive, it's all just good marketing. When I started using Proactiv+ I had a lot of pimples and after trying it for 4 months I saw little results. The biggest issue is it DRIED my skin out like crazy. Before I had very oily skin that I had to blot several times a day, after using Proactiv+ my skin became so dry, it felt very tight and like I was about to get wrinkles. I had to stop using it and it took a few weeks for my skin to go back to normal. It IRRITATES your skin more than helps it.

Didn't do the job
Reviewed on March 23, 2016

I loved the way this felt on my skin right after the first wash but that was about the only thing i like about these products. I have sensitive skin and the moisturizer seemed to irritate it. Also this dried out my skin so bad it was flaking off. It brightened my skin but didn't do much in terms of clearing it.

NEW PROACTIV IS THE BEST‼️
Reviewed on February 7, 2016

It's great and not to harsh on skin. I use it once a day and it's perfect fit me. You can go online and arrange you kit. You can chose when you want your next kit shipped. Use white towels‼️ This product bleached out towels. FACE FEELS GREAT AT FIRST USE.

Save your Money
Reviewed on January 28, 2016

BE CAREFUL when buying this product!! A year ago I wanted one kit- they automatically set me up to auto renew- I NEVER gave permission for them to charge my card $45 EVERY MONTH- I cancelled my account, took the time to mail a whole kit back and package it, with the promise of my refund- here I am 4 months later assuming it's in my account- IT ISN'T!! We're talking about $130 here- Holiday Gifts I couldn't buy!! I had to call and was told it was probably a "system error"- then I am told when they tried to process it it did not go through- WHY was it not tried again, or WHY was I not contacted? Because they got their product back AND my money, why contact me?! Then when I asked for a email confirmation of this "refund" I am told no- BUT I will be emailed a survey. What?! NOT HAPPY AT ALL.

OH. And the product is basically everything on the shelves- just be sure to moisturize after using a good cleanser and you'll be fine like all of our ancestors have lived before us WITHOUT proactiv!!

SAVE YOUR MONEY!!

Amazing
Reviewed on January 22, 2016

I have only ever used proactive plus. I have been battling with acne for 5 years, was on accutaine but my acne has since come back, it's quite moderate, one to two spots per day. I was about to try accutaine again u till I tried proactive plus. It has been AMAZING I have literally tried every product on the market plus medical treatments and prescriptions. It doesn't dry your skin at all, it has totally cleared up my acne I get about one spot per week rather than daily. It's cheap 19.99 a month is cheap for acne treatment! The customer service is amazing YOU can choose how often you receive products. My bottle once bursts and they sent me an entire three month pack as compensation 2 days later. I have since recommended this to two friends who both say it's amazing and it has done wonders for their skin. I would recommend it to anyone it's only £19 for the first trial and YOU have to unsubscribe.