Pro-Acne (5% Benzol Peroxide) Gel

Overall rating: 3.4 / 5
(based on 7 reviews)

Recommended by 67% of visitors

Average price: $301.71

Brand: Pro-Acne

Most helpful review

By me_aok, Wa on 04/11/2010
thumbnail

Okay, so I tried this just after I had my daughter (my prenatal pills cleared up my skin, but once I was done with the pills I broke out again). Yes, at first it burned my face and stung, but honestly I kept using it and and the stinging and redness went away within a week. I have super-sensative skin and thought I had just wasted my money; however, if you read the directions correctly it says that if irritation occurs to reduce usage. You won't know what exactly is irritating your skin unless you keep using it and try different methods of usage. For example, my face dried out terribly. I had to use a lotion along with the lotion that comes with the product and it still didn't work. I tried reducing using it to only using it once a day. Well, that didn't work. It stopped the drying out, but didn't clear up my face. After I realized that didn't work I realized it was the lotion that was drying out my skin. The lotion is "repair lotion" which means it has Benzoyl peroxide in it. For me, it was the Benzoyl peroxide that was drying out my skin. Since I was using the lotion twice a day, I I use the other steps 2 times a day and the lotion only once a day and the drying out stopped. The only Con I really don't like is that if you forget to use it even just one day, you will break out; however, if you can get the package that comes with the "terminator zip cream" (you can even buy the "terminator zip cream" separately at some drug stores like Rite Aid) I would suggest getting it. It's only a couple dollars more for the extra cream but it's worth it! This stuff really does work. Just remember that if your skin dries out to reduce using the lotion to once a day..

Pros:
  • cleared up skin, made skin soft, less pimples, gets rid of pimples that pop up fast
Cons:
  • can turn face red, can sting, can dry out skin

33 out of 62 people found this review helpful

[no ingredients listed:http://iconecomercial.loja2.com.br/978318-Pro-Acne]

Member reviews

By on

Get the product at wal mart, they have a generic brand for 11 bucks try it there if u have questions and dont want to spend $50 bucks at proactive. The only thing i would get from them is the Refining Mask, i got the big 25$ bottle it works well and i love it. Good Luck Friends.

Pros

• It Works, Clears skin, Repairs skin, Makes it feel soft.

Cons

• Takes Time, Be patient. You'll have bad days.
  • moderately severe
  • for a few months
  • $ 11
  • I recommend using this product/treatment.

Pros

Cons

• can turn face red, can sting, can dry out skin
  • moderate
  • for a few months
  • $ 20
  • I recommend using this product/treatment.

great product

im breaking out now again and that after 8 years of using it but i dont knw where to find it...please is there any one that might knw where i can buy it from desperately need it. Thanks.!!!

Pros

• i just it in high school (about 8 years ago) when i was on high medication and had alot of acne all over my face i was depressed but within 2 weeks my face cleared up and even when i stopped using it i was able to keep my face from breaking out again

Cons

• none
  • severe
  • for a few months
  • $ 20
  • I recommend using this product/treatment.

By on

The product was very harsh on my sensitive skin. I will definatly go back to ProActiv. Even though it was more expensive, it was more suited to sensitive skin, and didn't leave my skin irritated.

• for about a month
  • $ 19.99

By on

well its different on everyone based on the reviews here, so if you are just willing to take a try, go for it, if not just leave it

Pros

• after a while of using it it did get rid of my pimples but i did get occasional zits

Cons

• when i first got it my skin was really red and stung. i still have acne scars!!!
  • for a few months
  • $ 26
  • I recommend using this product/treatment.

• $ 2000

dont get this product

Pros

• If you like acne this is perfect for you

Cons

• makes your skin red and burn. does not give desired results. it also stings.
  • for a day or two
  • $ 15
  • I do not recommend using this product/treatment.

Don't waste your money.

Pros

• It was cheaper than Proactive.

Cons

• It took off layers of my skin. Leaving it dry and very red, but my chin was full of bumps.
  • for a few months
  • I do not recommend using this product/treatment.