Pond's Dry Skin Cream reviews

Brand: Pond's

Pond's Dry Skin Cream

Water, Mineral Oil (Paraffinum Liquidum), Isopropyl Palmitate, Petrolatum, Glycerin, Stearic Acid, Ceresin, Glyceryl Stearate, Cetearyl Alcohol, Sorbitan Oleate, Candelilla Cera (Euphorbia Cerifolia Wax), Triethanolamine, Laureth 23, Fragrance (Parfum), Carbomer, Disodium EDTA, DMDM Hydantoin, Methylparaben, Iodopropynyl Butylcarbamate.

POND'S Dry Skin Cream, 10.1 oz
updated: 10/01/2016 00:24 UTC
POND'S Dry Skin Cream, 10.1-oz. (Pack of 3)
updated: 10/01/2016 00:24 UTC

Great moisture, clogged pores
Reviewed on April 7, 2017

I used this for a few days because it was at my Mums house and it was my only option. I was surprised when my skin felt supple and smooth after it absorbed, but whew! Does it ever clog my pores! I woke up the next day looking like I had freckles or something. :(

may cause breakouts
Reviewed on March 22, 2017

i have very dry patches on my chin ive been wanting to get rid of. I read a lot of good reviews on this so i bought it. It does feel very greasy on your face to be honest. I never breakout on my chin and since i started using this cream i began to get a lot of breakouts. Although full disclosure i have been a veterinarian for a year and the same week i started using this face cream is the same week i started eating meat so the breakouts can be caused by that. If anyone has any recommendations for lotion on dry skin but also is breakout free then please let me know thank you.

Greasy
Reviewed on March 10, 2017

I find ponds dry skin facial cream to be very greasy on the skin and makes you look very sweaty. && it doesn't seem to cure the dry skin very well either. Only a couple of hours really.

didnt work for me
Reviewed on November 6, 2016

I know! Its so hard to find something that works for acne and is moisturizing. Try Citrus Clears Sensitive Line - BUT NOT the Control Acne line. It was WAY too strong for my skin and dried me out. But but the Sensitive Line took the acne away, and kept my skin moisturized.

by Jessica12113 on 03/10/2017 02:48
This product isn't for acne it's for dry skin moisturizing only.
worked well.
Reviewed on July 15, 2016

This is my 2nd tub. I bought it when I moved from the humid tropics back to Seattle when it was turning winter. My skin was drying up, like literal flakes were just coming off and couldn't handle the cold.

My skin is combo, this worked well. Its super basic, I put it on at night and in the morning and my skin hydrated without any complicated stuff that most moisturisers claim to have. I've moved back to the tropics and I still use it.

I must admit it doesn't absorb very quickly and has a very slick texture at first, but as long as my skin is hydrated I don't really mind it.

Ok but makes my skin feel greasy
Reviewed on June 14, 2015

Type: Acne prone skin

I use Ponds after I was my face. (I used this in the winter time when I have dry skin)

Pros:

does not clog my pores

Cons:

makes skin feel oily after I apply it.

Skin still looks and feels a little tight after use

wonderful for really dry skin!!
Reviewed on May 26, 2015

I have REALLY dry skin and acne in my driest areas, this helped so much! I apply it at night after washing my face and let it soak in over night. The dry redness has almost completely gone away from my t-zone.

Terrible, didn't work at all. It may just not work for me, but it should have done something.
Reviewed on March 30, 2015

I know this brand is pretty good, which leads me to expect a lot from it. I have dry skin, like so dry it flakes. I also have mild acne which is pretty well controlled and usually doesn't need any sort of treatment besides popping and clearing the blemish of any debris with a special tool...which I realize is not a great idea, but it works for me. So to combat the dry skin and perhaps even the acne I gave a small bottle of this a try. Upon using this as an all over treatment, it made me wake to six new small pimples after all was said and done. I also noticed my skin was a bit red, and back to being dry. So not only did it not moisturize but it caused acne. It didn't seem like it clogged my pores, but it certainly didn't do what it is supposed to. It was also very oily which was a major turn off. Like, it seemed it was 60% oil and the rest was whatever else they decided to put in. I really don't know what went wrong, but this is not for me. My mom also used this for a bit, but it made her break out. I have used the dark spot correcting cream (the pink colored one) and it didn't cause breakouts, so there is definitely something in here that doesn't agree with my skin...and my skin isn't even sensitive.

Look elsewhere, like perhaps Olay or CeraVe if your skin tends not to agree with some moisturizers. I am disappointed in this product.

by Jessica12113 on 03/10/2017 02:52
I feel the exact same way
Try it if you need gentle healing
Reviewed on January 10, 2015

After damaging my skin with the Clinique 3 step system, I was left with dry patches and fresh moderate breakouts. I have skin that varies in dryness and oiliness depending on the weather, and moderate/severe breakouts on my cheeks and jawline that aren't cystic. I have noticed my scarring and red marks being lighter while using this for the past month. This cream does make my skin feel good, and while I don't mind how heavy it truly is, It might be a problem for some people. I don't feel it was broken me out since I've started using it, despite the notably "pore clogging" ingredients, but I have started to question if it is prolonging my breakouts. It's a really good moisturizer for people who need hydration, have accidentally over dried their skin with products, and possibly those who are dealing with red marks and light scarring.

Moisturizing but greasy
Reviewed on January 7, 2015

I guess it does its job when applied generously. It has a scent that reminds me of baby powder too. I feel that my face looks quite oily after applying it.