Pond's Dry Skin Cream reviews

4.2/5 - 66 reviews

Brand: Pond's

Water, Mineral Oil (Paraffinum Liquidum), Isopropyl Palmitate, Petrolatum, Glycerin, Stearic Acid, Ceresin, Glyceryl Stearate, Cetearyl Alcohol, Sorbitan Oleate, Candelilla Cera (Euphorbia Cerifolia Wax), Triethanolamine, Laureth 23, Fragrance (Parfum), Carbomer, Disodium EDTA, DMDM Hydantoin, Methylparaben, Iodopropynyl Butylcarbamate.

POND'S Dry Skin Cream, 10.1 oz
POND'S Dry Skin Cream, 3.9 oz
updated: 01/25/2015 12:58 UTC
POND'S Dry Skin Cream, 10.1-oz. (Pack of 3)
updated: 01/25/2015 12:58 UTC

Try it if you need gentle healing
Reviewed on January 10, 2015

After damaging my skin with the Clinique 3 step system, I was left with dry patches and fresh moderate breakouts. I have skin that varies in dryness and oiliness depending on the weather, and moderate/severe breakouts on my cheeks and jawline that aren't cystic. I have noticed my scarring and red marks being lighter while using this for the past month. This cream does make my skin feel good, and while I don't mind how heavy it truly is, It might be a problem for some people. I don't feel it was broken me out since I've started using it, despite the notably "pore clogging" ingredients, but I have started to question if it is prolonging my breakouts. It's a really good moisturizer for people who need hydration, have accidentally over dried their skin with products, and possibly those who are dealing with red marks and light scarring.

Moisturizing but greasy
Reviewed on January 7, 2015

I guess it does its job when applied generously. It has a scent that reminds me of baby powder too. I feel that my face looks quite oily after applying it.

One of the only moisturizers that works for me so far!
Reviewed on January 5, 2015

Really does help with dry skin. I know that in the winter I find my face getting flaky and more prone to pimples and redness, and that's because it is so dry. This cream morning and night really does provide moisture to my very dry skin, and hasn't clogged it up either. I always make sure to have it, especially whenever my skin is dry, it's a must.

Good moisturizer for combo skin
Reviewed on December 5, 2014

I love this moisturizer. It leaves my skin feeling soft and smooth. I have combination skin and a bit acne prone on my chin and cheeks area especially during exam season. I have been trying a lot of moisturizers but most of them are greasy and made me break out. But thank god i found ponds. Its just a perfect combination with my cleanser and toner. Now my skin is not so acne prone as it used to be so I am really happy about it. However, although this proved to be good to my skin i dont know it will do justice to yours. But definitely try and check out this product. I didnt rate this moisturizer 5/5 because the only thing I dont like about it is the tub. I think its very non hygienic but yeah as long as youre handling it with a clean pair of hands then you'll be fine.

Use in Combination w/ Proactiv
Reviewed on April 20, 2014

I have fairly sensitive / oily skin and, I also suffer from occasional cystic acne flare-ups (you know, the painful, deep-down under the skin kind). Proactiv (the ORIGINAL formula) is the only product that keeps my skin consistently clear, however, daily use sometimes dries my areas of my face up. Bad. I've found that Pond's Dry Skin Cream is the only product that keeps my face looking healthy and moisturized when used in combination with Proactiv's daily three-step-system. While Proactiv's moisturizers may contain SPF, they do not keep my face from drying out. I've been using Pond's for years and would recommend it to anyone who suffers from a similar situation such a mine. Along with keeping my skin smooth, Pond's is my go to base cream for make-up application.

my skin is soft
Reviewed on April 16, 2014

Well I actually have oily skin but my cleanser is very drying and this is very moisturizing and smooths out my skin all my acne flattened and my skin was soft

Not for me
Reviewed on March 22, 2014

This does its job, which is moisturizing. But after using it for a while I feel like it makes me skin feel... i dunno. It doesn't feel clean and makes it feel dirty/oily. I bought it awhile ago and then decided to buy a new moisturizer, used that up, waiting on my delivery for it so I'm using this one again in the mean time. I've been using it for two weeks now. I'm breaking out and my skin feels sooo irritated! I don't know why, I guess this just doesn't work with my skin. I'm breaking out in places I normally don't and my skin feels really itchy.

Not good
Reviewed on January 11, 2014

In my experience this moisturizer does not work well with Benzyl Peroxide. Using the two together left my face burning and it burned my face. My skin was super irritated and burnt, I didn't even want to go out in public. The moisturizer itself isn't that great either. It leaves the skin shiny and doesn't help to moisturize no matter the amount used, well in my case anyway.

Really Helps!
Reviewed on July 30, 2013

Well i have acne, so im using some Benzoyl Peroxide which makes my face have random dry spots and makes my skin look just a tad darker in the dry places...but i applied some of this to my WHOLE face and it is workin....its still dry just a little bit...but it has helped my skin a lot! But this is all me might not have the same outcome!

Reviewed on March 17, 2013

I LOVE IT because it doesnt break me out at all & my face is no longer dry nor flaky