Polysporin First Aid Antibiotic Ointment reviews

3.9/5 - 14 reviews

Brand: Polysporin

Polysporin First Aid Antibiotic Ointment

Bacitracin Zinc (500 units) and Polymyxin B Sulfate (10,000 units).

White Petrolatum Base.

Polysporin First Aid Antibiotic Ointment, 1 oz
updated: 09/30/2016 22:30 UTC

surprisingly pretty good!
Reviewed on August 21, 2015

i just tried this out on my face, i've been using this for years on wounds and it's always worked super fast. it works good on acne too! for me, it doesn't clog my pores and in one night a big nasty zit i had shrunk into less than half its size. i will continue using this as a quick spot treatment.

May clog pores, but kills infection
Reviewed on April 10, 2014

It may clog some pores, but only if you put it on single zits in areas with no acne. Like I found it worked best on a recent outbreak on the sides of my cheeks. They were dry, red and itchy… it was kind of like a patch of inflamed acne. I put the polysporin on at night and during the day when I could. too much will look greasy and clog pores. May tingle and itch skin at first. Redness and infection decreased after several applications

Sarah, Canada
Reviewed on February 26, 2013

Polysporin is a good antibiotic for kids and/or adults it helps with many problems.

Reviewed on March 13, 2012

It is awesome

Some people say it cloggs pores but it doesn't

Well it does of you rub it in.

I like to dab a big blotch on my spots an leave it on over night.

It takes a couple days to fade almost completely but results are noticed in one night

Reviewed on August 10, 2011

Polysporin is really good cuz it prevents from scarring and infections whish is good but you should onlt apply it on the spot NOT YOUR ENTIRE FACE.

Margo
Reviewed on July 29, 2011

Whenever I apply it on my face and I have small pimples, it makes the cystic ones bigger and makes new cystic pimples appear after a while that I had it on so I washed it off and disinfected it whit hydrogen peroxide and it got rid of it . It does clog pores which is a big downside :/

But I recommend it for popped pimples and scabs

Adrian P., Kamloops
Reviewed on April 6, 2010

I had 3 new obnoxious pimples pop up one day. I washed my face with Spectro jel and Kiss My Face moisturizer with aloe and olive oild, applied my Benzoyl peroxide then applied a hefty application of polysporin all over my face.

The next morning the new pimples that would have probably turned into more serious cystic like acne were already clearing up and within 3 days of this same regime they were gone.

Does Polysporin work? My face will prove it if you ever knew me. Some people don't recommend it since it may "breed" resistant bacteria. However, acne is caused by oil production under the skin surface.

Polysporin is a quick and effective way to clear acne for me that I see as an excellent short term and possibly long term (I haven't used it long enough to say). I am not a doctor. Doctors may tell you this won't work and that it's a bad idea. All I know is that I used to have moderately bad acne and it's cleared up very fast.

Megan, Sudbury, Canada
julia, canada
Josh, Zephyrhills Florida
Reviewed on June 8, 2009

Neosporin is a better alternative. The cream doesn't clog pores, goes on easier, and is much less hasel with much better results. I use it when i accidently break open a group of pimples or have a bad breakout. I only suggest using polysporin at night due to how greasy it is. I ONLY SUGGEST IT FOR OCCASIONAL USE.