Plexion Sodium Sulfacetamide (10%) and Sulfur (5%) Cleanser reviews

4.1/5 - 38 reviews

Brand: Plexion

Plexion  Sodium Sulfacetamide (10%) and Sulfur (5%) Cleanser

Sodium Sulfacetamide (10%) and Sulfur USP (5%).

Purified Water USP, Sodium Methyl Oleoyl Taurate, Sodium Cocoyl Isethionate, Disodium Oleamido MEA Sulfosuccinate, Cetyl Alcohol NF, Glyceryl Stearate (and) PEG-100 Stearate, Stearyl Alcohol NF, PEG-55 Propylene Glycol Oleate, Magnesium Aluminum Silicate, Methylparaben NF, Edetate Disodium USP, Butylated Hydroxytoluene, Sodium Thiosulfate USP, Fragrance, Xanthan Gum NF, and Propylparaben NF.

Okay, But Probably Not Great for Sensitive Skin
Reviewed on January 5, 2016

My dermatologist gave me this cleanser to help with my moderate acne; however, it was a bit too harsh for my skin and I couldn't use it for longer than a couple weeks at a time (using it only every night). Just irritated my skin and left it dry and flaky. Also didn't do a spectacular job of clearing blemishes, so not really worth it for me.

Cloths are best for acne spots
Reviewed on August 11, 2015

Where are the cleaning cloths? I started laser treatments several years ago but stopped because they were expensive. I had dozens of towels left over. It was then I realized it was the Plexion towels, not the laser treatments, that was clearing the spots on my face. I searched high and low for them and my doctors had never heard of them. Then internet quality increased and I discovered they were discontinued. I sure hope they brought back the cleansing cloths. The medication plus the abrasiveness of the cloths help to start fading my spots.

Plexion is back.
Reviewed on June 12, 2015

For those that remember it was discontinued a couple of years ago. I've just got my prescription from my doctor. The pharmacy had to order it. 20 bucks co-pay. They have a new website Plexion-info.

Try OTC Medicated Sulfur Soap 10% by Joesoef Skin Care Dermatologists Dispensed
Reviewed on May 6, 2015

Plexion no longer accepted by insurance, my dermatologists recommended trying $9 Sulfur Soap 10% by Joesoef Skin Care this soap is anti bacterial, anti fungal and antiseptic and it works. its available online [link removed] for best results use warm water and work the soap into a rich foamy lather, allow 60 seconds before rinse. This soap is 100% effective for Acne, All Dermatitis, Rosacea, fungus, Bacteria, Tinea Versicolor and more. a must try $9 alternative....So glad i found this soap

Amazing!
Reviewed on February 25, 2014

If you suffer from breakouts and if your acne is moderate to severe, I highly recommend this product It really helps my skin and it keeps my acne under control. I have less breakouts.. the only reason I breakout is because my period will start soon, but that's it. It's unfortunate that it's only available as an Rx. I don't have insurance anymore, so I can't afford it now. Will have to try sulfur products as a substitute.

Miracle cleanser!
Reviewed on June 29, 2013

My acne began in high school and over the counter medications didn't really work for me, so I suffered from moderate to severe acne, definitely affecting my self-esteem in those critical years. Finally, in college I was prescribed Plexion cleanser and it worked miracles for me. My skin became clear and beautiful pretty quickly and one cleanser would last me 6 months, so I didnt mind forking out the money for the prescription, even though I didnt have insurance. Unfortunately, 8-10 years later this cleanser stopped working, but for the time it worked, which was a very long time, it was amazing!

Reviewed on December 10, 2012

I used the cleansing cloth version of this and really liked it while I was on it. Used with differin gel and minocycline (on and off). The cloths were packaged well and I usually tore them in half and got 2 uses out of them. They lathered really well and were great for taking off my makeup. They always made my skin feel clean and I feel like they did a good job of getting rid of excess oil. Only con is that they reeked of sulfur (which of course is an active ingredient))!

jhon, NJ
Reviewed on May 4, 2012

It worked a long as time. At most, I had 1 or 2 pimples at a time, but for the most part, I was 100% clear. Unfornately, all the sudden I got immune. Sucks.

Jerry, Las Vegas
Reviewed on November 10, 2011

I recommend it. Works waaaay better than proactive.

joe, California
Reviewed on May 14, 2011

its a good product and ive benefieted well off of it and ive been using it for 2 months,but still have breakouts every now and then but it helps control it from getting out of hand..:)