Philosophy Clear Days Ahead Kit reviews

3.2/5 - 15 reviews

Brand: Philosophy

Clear Days Ahead Oil-Free Salicylic Acid Acne Treatment Cleanser:
Salicylic Acid 1%.

Water, Sodium C14-16 Olefin Sulfonate, Acrylates Crosspolymer-4, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Polysorbate 20, Niacinamide, Glycerin, Panthenol, Citrus Aurantium Dulcis (Orange) Peel Extract, Hydrolyzed Jojoba Esters, Jojoba Esters, Disodium Capryloyl Glutamate, Sodium Chloride, Sodium Sulfate, Potassium Chloride, Butylene Glycol, Citric Acid, Sodium Hydroxide, Hydrogen Peroxide, Propylene Glycol, Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Methylisothiazolinone, O-Cymen-5-Ol.

Clear Days Ahead Oil-Free Salicylic Acid Acne Treatment & Moisturizer:
Salicylic Acid 1%.

Water, Dimethicone, Polysilicone-11, Butylene Glycol, Acacia Decurrens/Jojoba/Sunflower Seed Wax/Polyglyceryl-3 Esters, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Sodium Acrylates Copolymer, Squalane, Lecithin, Oligopeptide-10, Tocopheryl Acetate, Trimethylpentanediol/Adipic Acid Copolymer, Octyldodecyl Neopentanoate, Ceteareth-20, Cetearyl Alcohol, Polysorbate 60, Ppg-12/Smdi Copolymer, Hydroxyethyl Acrylate/Sodium Acryloyldimethyl Taurate Copolymer, Ethoxydiglycol, Sodium Hydroxide, Disodium Edta, O-Cymen-5-Ol.

Clear Days Ahead Overnight Repair Salicylic Acid Acne Treatment Pads:
Salicylic Acid 0.5%.

Water, Alcohol Denat., Laureth-4, Alcohol, Polysorbate 20, Arginine, Mandelic Acid, Glycolic Acid, Myristoyl Tetrapeptide-13, Niacinamide, Tocopherol, Citrus Aurantium Dulcis (Orange) Peel Extract, Cocoyl Arginine Amide, Ethylhexylglycerin, Pentylene Glycol, Tamarindus Indica Seed Extract, Lens Esculenta (Lentil) Seed Extract, Sodium Hydroxide, Decylene Glycol, Limonene, Phenoxyethanol.

Clear Days Ahead Fast-Acting Salicylic Acid Acne Spot Treatment:
Salicylic Acid 2%.

Water, Dimethicone, Isododecane, Polysilicone-11, Alcohol Denat., Hexyldecanol, Glycolic Acid, Hydroxyethyl Acrylate/Sodium Acryloyldimethyl Taurate Copolymer, Coco-Caprylate/Caprate, Squalane, Bisabolol, Butylene Glycol, Cetylhydroxyproline Palmitamide, Ethylhexylglycerin, Lecithin, Oligopeptide-10, Trimethylpentanediol/Adipic Acid Copolymer, Brassica Campestris (Rapeseed) Sterols, Laureth-12, Polysorbate 60, Decyl Glucoside, Lauryl Glucoside, Stearic Acid, Sodium Acrylates Copolymer, Ethoxydiglycol, Sodium Hydroxide, Disodium Edta, Caprylyl Glycol, Hexylene Glycol, Phenoxyethanol, O-Cymen-5-Ol.

Philosophy Clear Days Ahead Trial Kit
updated: 04/19/2014 14:54 UTC
philosophy clear days ahead trial kit, 1 ea
updated: 04/19/2014 14:54 UTC

Reviewed on June 6, 2011

Let me start by saying I believed there was absolutely nothing out there short of a prescription that could help me. I also think no one solution will work for everyone.

I'm 30 and had a pregnancy ordeal a couple of years ago. Ever since then, I've had moderately bad acne (I think whiteheads). I've had very mild adult acne since my mid-twenties too. I've been using Proactiv for years, but finally got fed up with seeing 0 results. (I've also tried all the "natural" solutions...milk of mag, vitamins, etc.and am already an extremely healthy eater) After calling to cancel last year, they sent me their "maximum strength" products, which only helped for a couple of months.

I started the Philosophy On a Clear Day Foaming Face Wash and Retinol Lotion about a week and a half ago (didn't order/use the whole kit). II instantly could tell it's much gentler than Proactiv and could feel a difference the first time I used the lotion. For the past week and a half, however, I've seen minimum results...until today. My skin is so much more clear and old acne marks are fading (they appeared more when I started than before I started using it, until today). It's not 100%, might never be and I'm okay with that. I'm just glad finally found something that will help. Philsosphy On a Clear Day is a keeper!

P.S. I also still use the Proactiv Refining Mask every 2-3 days.

Reviewed on November 12, 2010

I bought the trial kit from Sephora for around $35. I used it for about 3 weeks, with little to no change in my acne. The retinol seemed to dry my face, so I used Cetaphil lotion on top of the system. Yet I decided to keep trying the system and purchased the larger kit for $65. Ugh, but that was a mistake - my face didn't get any clearer. I wouldn't recommend this system for those with moderate to severe acne. It probably works for someone with light acne.

Reviewed on November 11, 2009

I was very excited to get this kit since I had read rave reviews at [link removed]. During the first few weeks I saw significant improvement on my acne, but now it's been almost 2 months and my face still looks terrible. I get new pimples regularly. Getting a little tired of it. Product ran out and I won't be buying a new kit.

Reviewed on July 5, 2009

Best cleanser out there. The only cleanser I use now after being disappointed by many others. Would recommend to anyone. Philosophy Purity Made Simple as a cleanser, 10% BP persagel or 2.5% acne.org BP, and acne.org moisturizer.

Reviewed on February 16, 2009

The only good thing I can really say about this kit is that the blemish serum helped clear up the tiny white bumps I had on my forehead. It did definitely help with the texture there, but after 4 months (yes, I used it for 4 MONTHS) I'm finally going to a dermatologist as I watch my skin get worse and worse.

I switched from DK's BP gel because it seemed to stop being effective. Now I'm sorry I did. My acne has only gotten worse, and now I need a prescription.

Reviewed on July 30, 2008

ive used just about everything out there and the on a clear day kit made my skin do a 180 in just about a week. theres no spot cream or anything for random pimples that pop up but overall my skin has changed dramatically. i quit using it to try sensiclear that ive seen on infomercials just out of curiosity and right now my skin is so inflamed from it so i am switching back today. the trick is that the cleanser doesnt clean off makeup you have to use the purity cleanser first then the clear cleanser. and the 4th step cream is a great way to block impurities from seeping in your skin throughout the day. and honestly anyone with acne USE BARE ESSENTIALS MAKEUP its changed my life works perfectly covers EVERYTHING doesnt clog pores or get greasy lasts forever and with this face wash and that makeup your skin will dramatically change i promise

Reviewed on July 20, 2008

For purchasing this product for 50 dollars at a high end cosmetic store, I expected to find a high quality product but unforutately it did NOT live up to my expectations. I'm sure philosophy has many other great items but their acne line is probably the worst on the market. I was really upset that it didn't work and I will be on the hunt for another product that might help me clear up my chronic acne.