Page 5 of Phillips Milk of Magnesia reviews

4.4/5 - 52 reviews

Brand: Phillips

Magnesium Hydroxide 1.

Purified Water, Sodium Hypochlorite.

Phillips Milk of Magnesia, Cherry, 26 fl oz
Phillips Milk of Magnesia, Mint, 26 fl oz
Phillips Milk of Magnesia, Original, 12 fl oz

Reviewed on July 6, 2009

Definitely recommend it. Have had very stubborn back acne for years and my doctor said we'd exhausted all the prescription remedies, so this was a lifesaver. I also tried tea tree oil, rice wine vinegar, aloe vera gel, and benzoyl peroxide - none work half as well as this.

Reviewed on July 4, 2009

This stuff works. I have been using it off and on for about 15 years. If I get a particular painful bump I remember my MoM and do the mask. It takes care of the problem quickly. My inconsistent usuage is probably why I get acne flare-ups, I am just not disciplined enough to do weekly masks. Perhaps this little outbreak might give me motivation. Even when I did it as a mask once a week for about 20 minutes there was great improvement in my skin! Afterwards i always moisturize with a light moisturizer to help keep that delicate balance in my skin. If you strip all the oils away sometime your body will double its efforts in producing oil causing a lot more problems.

Reviewed on June 25, 2009

iv always had oily skin. iv tried almost and everything to try reduce it. inormally use natural remedies rather than otc stuff. after reading the reviews and trying MOM i know i wont be stressing over oily skin again. im really happy with what i see.

just wash your face, apply to skin and leave on for 10-30minutes.

it should only be used if your skin is truly oily. It works wonders to soak up and keep excess oil away, but if your skin is not really that oily, it can be too harsh.

Reviewed on June 21, 2009

I only use it on my nose which is the only super oily part of my skin.

Reviewed on June 13, 2009

I've had horrible, moderately severe acne for 5 years. Nothing has worked: overthecounter stuff, benzoyl peroxide, salycylic acid, proactive, lemon juice, aloe vera gel, hydrogen peroxide,... you get the picture. So I was skeptical when I heard about putting a laxative on as a mask, but I saw a HUGE difference after about 3 days. I'm now about 99% acne free after just a week of use! Milk of magnesia is my holy grail!

Reviewed on June 12, 2009

I was doing research on how milk causes acne and came across how milk of magnesia fights against acne. So I started my research...every review I read was positive. After work, I stopped by the local drugstore and picked up a bottle and tried it that night. I applied two layers all over my face and slept with it on. The next morning I saw a huge difference. My face felt drier..usually when I wake up it feels oily. The acne on my face was definitely smaller and the one pimple that hurt like crazy the day before did not hurt!

For the last week I have been sleeping with two coats of it on my face. Before going to work I apply a thin coat over my face cream and sunblock. I have not had a single new breakout (cross fingers).

My acne is seasonal...I only get it in the summer. My face isn't filled, but I do get two or three huge whiteheads or cystic ones at a time. When I started using the MOM I had two and now they are pretty flat..within 4 days of use.

TRY THIS!

Reviewed on May 28, 2009

This stuff works as well as anything you will ever find. It is great.

Reviewed on May 26, 2009

IT WORKS GREAT. dab a bit on let dry for about 10-20 minutes, wash off. very simple rightt? make sure to use on without mint or whateever flavors:P

Reviewed on May 14, 2009

this stuff really works, its probably the best that i have tried to get rid of redness and scar spots....you just dab some of this on with a soaked cotton ball, on your whole face or just for spots doesnt matter...leave it on for like 10-20 minutes, wash it off..then wala!..i saw a huge change after one day and even more after 1 week..

i started using this after i read it somewhere that it helps rosacea and quit my daily routine of benzaclin (which stopped working for me)..however i did continue using retin-a but i dont think that makes much of a difference...this stuff works wonders for my oily skin and does not make my skin dry and flaky at all..i dont know how it works for normal to dry skin though...

Reviewed on April 9, 2009

i've only been using the stuff for about 3 days, but i used to have really oily skin, but now not so much. the only problem seems to be white streaks but i just put another layer of lotion on my face and the white streaks disappear.