Page 4 of Phillips Milk of Magnesia reviews

4.4/5 - 50 reviews

Brand: Phillips

Magnesium Hydroxide 1.

Purified Water, Sodium Hypochlorite.

Reviewed on November 11, 2009

I use this product under my foundation and moisturizer and i have to say i am impressed. I am very very OILY!!!! at the end of the day my face looks like i smeared olive oil all over it. So i brought this product to get rid of that problem and it did. I have to say though i was still oily at the end of the day and i did have to plot once but when i don't wear this stuff i have to plot like 6 times a day. Worth the small amount of money paid just use a moisturizer over it or you can look pale but don't put too much on.

Reviewed on November 8, 2009

I've tried countless perscriptions from my dermatologist, none of which have worked. Proactiv, benozyl peroxide, all the rest were ineffective and just irritated my sensitive skin. Even other "at-home" remedies (think: tea tree oil or egg whites) don't work as well at battling acne and redness. MoM is gentle and not overly-drying on my skin. It works very quickly. I've only used it for a few days and i'm already seeing improvement. I'm hoping it's going to continue to cure my problems!

Reviewed on November 4, 2009

I started using this last night, After all the goood reviews, i had to give this a try! So i went to walgreens and got a bottle of MoM and pour a little in the cup it came with, got a cotton ball, dipped it in, and put it all over my face (2 coats] , like you would do with a reg mask. it dryed up in with 3-5 mins. after it dried my face started to itch a lil :/ but when i took it off 30 mins later, my face was so smoootttth(: like never before. i had NO redness (before i put it on i had redness] I LOVE MILK OF MAGNESIA! It works wondersss! (: I HIGHLY RECOMMEND!

Reviewed on September 2, 2009

This is one of those things you can't believe it actually works, but it really does. NOTHING else has worked for me, not $350 tubes of creams or medications, or Proactiv, or anything else... it's amazing that a $2 bottle of laxative finally fixed the oiliness on my face!

Reviewed on July 25, 2009

i use this under makeup to keep my usually oily t-zone under control. It does keep it mattiftyed most of the day, and also reduces redness. I got it for about two dollars, so the price is defintely an added bonus!

Reviewed on July 14, 2009

It took the pain and redness out of inflamed acne within 10 hours.

Reviewed on July 6, 2009

Definitely recommend it. Have had very stubborn back acne for years and my doctor said we'd exhausted all the prescription remedies, so this was a lifesaver. I also tried tea tree oil, rice wine vinegar, aloe vera gel, and benzoyl peroxide - none work half as well as this.

Reviewed on July 4, 2009

This stuff works. I have been using it off and on for about 15 years. If I get a particular painful bump I remember my MoM and do the mask. It takes care of the problem quickly. My inconsistent usuage is probably why I get acne flare-ups, I am just not disciplined enough to do weekly masks. Perhaps this little outbreak might give me motivation. Even when I did it as a mask once a week for about 20 minutes there was great improvement in my skin! Afterwards i always moisturize with a light moisturizer to help keep that delicate balance in my skin. If you strip all the oils away sometime your body will double its efforts in producing oil causing a lot more problems.

Reviewed on June 25, 2009

iv always had oily skin. iv tried almost and everything to try reduce it. inormally use natural remedies rather than otc stuff. after reading the reviews and trying MOM i know i wont be stressing over oily skin again. im really happy with what i see.

just wash your face, apply to skin and leave on for 10-30minutes.

it should only be used if your skin is truly oily. It works wonders to soak up and keep excess oil away, but if your skin is not really that oily, it can be too harsh.