Page 4 of Phillips Milk of Magnesia reviews

4.4/5 - 52 reviews

Brand: Phillips

Magnesium Hydroxide 1.

Purified Water, Sodium Hypochlorite.

Phillips Milk of Magnesia, Cherry, 26 fl oz
Phillips Milk of Magnesia, Mint, 26 fl oz
Phillips Milk of Magnesia, Original, 12 fl oz

Reviewed on December 2, 2009

I've been using MoM for about two weeks now. I had two breakouts of bad cysts and whiteheads, but after they both cleared up (which took quite a while) my skin responds well to MoM.

I used to have such an oily face, but what I do is apply a layer of MoM on my face, wait for it to dry, then put on Neutrogena Combination Skin Moisturizer. My face won't be oily for the next 8-12 hours.

Just try it. It's worth a shot. See if it works for you or not.

Reviewed on November 22, 2009

I've been breaking out pretty bad for over 2 months now. In those two months I have have over a dozen pimples including cysts on my face at one time. I've tried tweeking my diet, more exercise, taking vitamins, I've tried 10% and 2.5% BP, salicycic acid, calimine lotion, lemon juice, apple cider vinegar, sulfur and probably more that I have forgotten. Now I just take a shower, in there I use a gentle cleanser like Purpose and apply Milk of Magnesia on with a cotton ball. I seen improvements the next day. All that other stuff irritated my skin and made it worse. It's worth giving it a try!

Reviewed on November 11, 2009

I use this product under my foundation and moisturizer and i have to say i am impressed. I am very very OILY!!!! at the end of the day my face looks like i smeared olive oil all over it. So i brought this product to get rid of that problem and it did. I have to say though i was still oily at the end of the day and i did have to plot once but when i don't wear this stuff i have to plot like 6 times a day. Worth the small amount of money paid just use a moisturizer over it or you can look pale but don't put too much on.

Reviewed on November 8, 2009

I've tried countless perscriptions from my dermatologist, none of which have worked. Proactiv, benozyl peroxide, all the rest were ineffective and just irritated my sensitive skin. Even other "at-home" remedies (think: tea tree oil or egg whites) don't work as well at battling acne and redness. MoM is gentle and not overly-drying on my skin. It works very quickly. I've only used it for a few days and i'm already seeing improvement. I'm hoping it's going to continue to cure my problems!

Reviewed on November 4, 2009

I started using this last night, After all the goood reviews, i had to give this a try! So i went to walgreens and got a bottle of MoM and pour a little in the cup it came with, got a cotton ball, dipped it in, and put it all over my face (2 coats] , like you would do with a reg mask. it dryed up in with 3-5 mins. after it dried my face started to itch a lil :/ but when i took it off 30 mins later, my face was so smoootttth(: like never before. i had NO redness (before i put it on i had redness] I LOVE MILK OF MAGNESIA! It works wondersss! (: I HIGHLY RECOMMEND!

Reviewed on September 2, 2009

This is one of those things you can't believe it actually works, but it really does. NOTHING else has worked for me, not $350 tubes of creams or medications, or Proactiv, or anything else... it's amazing that a $2 bottle of laxative finally fixed the oiliness on my face!

Reviewed on July 25, 2009

i use this under makeup to keep my usually oily t-zone under control. It does keep it mattiftyed most of the day, and also reduces redness. I got it for about two dollars, so the price is defintely an added bonus!

Reviewed on July 14, 2009

It took the pain and redness out of inflamed acne within 10 hours.