Page 3 of Phillips Milk of Magnesia reviews

4.4/5 - 50 reviews

Brand: Phillips

Magnesium Hydroxide 1.

Purified Water, Sodium Hypochlorite.

Reviewed on January 25, 2010

Milk of Magnesia worked very well for me. I apply it to my face straight from the bottle, wait 20 minutes, then wash it off. The first time I used it, I had a bad cyst on my forehead that had physically gotten flatter and less red. It helps a lot, seeing as though it reduces oil but doesn't dry out your skin. The second time I used it though, it didn't do much on my skin. I think it may work better on bigger zits or cysts than smaller ones.

Reviewed on January 23, 2010

Great for getting rid of oil, but probably not going to make a huge difference in acne. I sometimes put on as a mask for 10-20 minutes in the morning and then wash off in the shower if I want to make sure I don't have a greasy face.

Reviewed on January 22, 2010

I am an 18 year old guy and I use this stuff everyday. My face gets REALLY oily and shiney. People have commented on it and it bothered me all the time.

Milk of Magnesia DOES control shine. What I do is wash my face, then apply a thin layer all over. I wait for it to dry, then put a good moisturizer on and I'm good to go. It doesn't help acne, but it makes my face look better.

Make sure you get original, nothing with flavors.

Reviewed on January 12, 2010

Can someone please help me? Am I applying this wrong or what? Its not helping to control the oil either, and it just makes my face all white!

Reviewed on December 15, 2009

Hey everyone. I need some feedback. I'm really confused right now if I should continue with this product or not. I don't know if i should give it more time, but i'm not seeing results like the other reviews i'm reading and i feel so hopeless and devistated! I have extremely oily skin. Every hour i have to blott my face with these oil pads and it comes up clear everytime! Thats how serious it is. I use MoM as a primer under my foundation and i'm not getting the results of less oil. Infact i feel like my skin is getting more oily...is that suppose to be happening and is that possible that MoM is doing this to my skin or a coincidence? My skin is still oily with MoM. Only thing i feel it does is maybe dry up the acne a little. I don't know what to do..any suggestions?

Reviewed on December 10, 2009

its cheap, effective and that bottle is gona last u for ages, definetely one of my best buys..this is probaly very effective in comparison to all those expensive other stuff out there...another important plus is that my make-up stays put all day, a friend even said 'hun your make up doesnt move, how come? (as she's a good friend i revealed the secret! lol)

A MUST BUY- IT WORKS!!!

Reviewed on December 2, 2009

I've been using MoM for about two weeks now. I had two breakouts of bad cysts and whiteheads, but after they both cleared up (which took quite a while) my skin responds well to MoM.

I used to have such an oily face, but what I do is apply a layer of MoM on my face, wait for it to dry, then put on Neutrogena Combination Skin Moisturizer. My face won't be oily for the next 8-12 hours.

Just try it. It's worth a shot. See if it works for you or not.

Reviewed on November 22, 2009

I've been breaking out pretty bad for over 2 months now. In those two months I have have over a dozen pimples including cysts on my face at one time. I've tried tweeking my diet, more exercise, taking vitamins, I've tried 10% and 2.5% BP, salicycic acid, calimine lotion, lemon juice, apple cider vinegar, sulfur and probably more that I have forgotten. Now I just take a shower, in there I use a gentle cleanser like Purpose and apply Milk of Magnesia on with a cotton ball. I seen improvements the next day. All that other stuff irritated my skin and made it worse. It's worth giving it a try!