Page 3 of Phillips Milk of Magnesia reviews

4.4/5 - 55 reviews

Brand: Phillips

Phillips Milk of Magnesia

Magnesium Hydroxide 1200 mg.

Purified Water, Sodium Hypochlorite.

Phillips Milk of Magnesia, Cherry, 26 fl oz
Phillips Milk of Magnesia, Mint, 26 fl oz
Phillips Milk of Magnesia, Original, 12 fl oz

Reviewed on January 27, 2011

Of course, this would not work for me. Whenever I find an amazing product that works for everyone or mostly everyone it NEVER works for me. I got Philips brand. I've never had oily skin, but ever since I began getting acne (about less than a year ago) my face is so greasy. I put on makeup at about 6:30am and at about... 11:00am my skin is oily. towards the end of the day it's oilier and ORANGE, because my makeup oxidizes. (if anyone is sweet enough please leave some ideas for the people that this didn't work for).

Well anyways, I tried this and applied it just normally like everyone else did w/ a makeup sponge very lightly over my oily areas. The point is that it didn't do anything, my face was still oily. :(

Sucks but whatever, I gotta keep looking.

The only plus I see is that we're gonna age slower :) hooray!

I still think you should try this it's not gonna hurt you, it might just work for you.

Good luck everyone (:

by 401859_1443951127 on 08/07/2014 23:43
What foundation do you use?
Reviewed on January 20, 2011

THIS PRODUCT IS GREAAAAAAAAAT! i suffer from a lot of acne scars but this product helps reduce the look of them as well as the oil on my face TEN FOLD. im so happy i found it.

Reviewed on December 27, 2010

I was really hoping this would work for my oily t-zone but it didn't. : ( I saw all the raving reviews and I was like " This is amazing !" lol, but nothing. Washing my face w/ plain yogurt in the morning helps a bit.

Reviewed on August 19, 2010

I haven't heard anything about this stuff clearing up acne, HOWEVER, it works WONDERS on oily skin! I have the most severe oily skin, & I use this stuff & it almost eliminates all the oil on my skin & lasts all day!

What you do is, cleanse & moisturize your face, let your moisturizer dry in. Then, take a cotton ball & your milk of mag, & lightly dip the cotton ball in it, make sure to wipe off excess! A little goes a very long way! So, just put a thin layer, & make sure you get it rubbed in your face very well, or you will have chalky white lines, which if that happens just wet your finger & rub it in!

Wonderful idea! I'm soooo glad I found it! Give it a try, you won't be disappointed!

Reviewed on August 7, 2010

I have been searching for an over the counter oil absorbing face lotion...I stumbled upon info about MOM and had to try it. Today is day one of using it as a primer and so far so good! It has been about 4 hours and I have only blotted once but I was CONSIDERABLY less oily than I normally would be. I am going to try it in the evenings as a mask to see if the combination of the two helps.

I will update if I there are negative side effects.

Reviewed on March 28, 2010

I toyed with the idea of using MOM as a primer everyday because my face gets oily. But after reading the cons, I am afraid.

I rate MOM a high rating because none of my fears have been proven, at least not that I know of and some experts such as the author of the Beauty Bible recommend MOM.. I am going to ask my dermatologist..

Anyway, as a face mask for once in a while to soak up oils I think it may be a godsend because it works and it's cheap. I scored a 16 oz bottle on sale for 3.99 you only need a little which goes a long way!

Reviewed on January 25, 2010

Milk of Magnesia worked very well for me. I apply it to my face straight from the bottle, wait 20 minutes, then wash it off. The first time I used it, I had a bad cyst on my forehead that had physically gotten flatter and less red. It helps a lot, seeing as though it reduces oil but doesn't dry out your skin. The second time I used it though, it didn't do much on my skin. I think it may work better on bigger zits or cysts than smaller ones.

Reviewed on January 23, 2010

Great for getting rid of oil, but probably not going to make a huge difference in acne. I sometimes put on as a mask for 10-20 minutes in the morning and then wash off in the shower if I want to make sure I don't have a greasy face.

Reviewed on January 22, 2010

I am an 18 year old guy and I use this stuff everyday. My face gets REALLY oily and shiney. People have commented on it and it bothered me all the time.

Milk of Magnesia DOES control shine. What I do is wash my face, then apply a thin layer all over. I wait for it to dry, then put a good moisturizer on and I'm good to go. It doesn't help acne, but it makes my face look better.

Make sure you get original, nothing with flavors.

Reviewed on January 12, 2010

Can someone please help me? Am I applying this wrong or what? Its not helping to control the oil either, and it just makes my face all white!