Page 3 of Phillips Milk of Magnesia reviews

4.4/5 - 52 reviews

Brand: Phillips

Magnesium Hydroxide 1.

Purified Water, Sodium Hypochlorite.

Phillips Milk of Magnesia, Cherry, 26 fl oz
Phillips Milk of Magnesia, Mint, 26 fl oz
Phillips Milk of Magnesia, Original, 12 fl oz

Reviewed on August 19, 2010

I haven't heard anything about this stuff clearing up acne, HOWEVER, it works WONDERS on oily skin! I have the most severe oily skin, & I use this stuff & it almost eliminates all the oil on my skin & lasts all day!

What you do is, cleanse & moisturize your face, let your moisturizer dry in. Then, take a cotton ball & your milk of mag, & lightly dip the cotton ball in it, make sure to wipe off excess! A little goes a very long way! So, just put a thin layer, & make sure you get it rubbed in your face very well, or you will have chalky white lines, which if that happens just wet your finger & rub it in!

Wonderful idea! I'm soooo glad I found it! Give it a try, you won't be disappointed!

Reviewed on August 7, 2010

I have been searching for an over the counter oil absorbing face lotion...I stumbled upon info about MOM and had to try it. Today is day one of using it as a primer and so far so good! It has been about 4 hours and I have only blotted once but I was CONSIDERABLY less oily than I normally would be. I am going to try it in the evenings as a mask to see if the combination of the two helps.

I will update if I there are negative side effects.

Reviewed on March 28, 2010

I toyed with the idea of using MOM as a primer everyday because my face gets oily. But after reading the cons, I am afraid.

I rate MOM a high rating because none of my fears have been proven, at least not that I know of and some experts such as the author of the Beauty Bible recommend MOM.. I am going to ask my dermatologist..

Anyway, as a face mask for once in a while to soak up oils I think it may be a godsend because it works and it's cheap. I scored a 16 oz bottle on sale for 3.99 you only need a little which goes a long way!

Reviewed on January 25, 2010

Milk of Magnesia worked very well for me. I apply it to my face straight from the bottle, wait 20 minutes, then wash it off. The first time I used it, I had a bad cyst on my forehead that had physically gotten flatter and less red. It helps a lot, seeing as though it reduces oil but doesn't dry out your skin. The second time I used it though, it didn't do much on my skin. I think it may work better on bigger zits or cysts than smaller ones.

Reviewed on January 23, 2010

Great for getting rid of oil, but probably not going to make a huge difference in acne. I sometimes put on as a mask for 10-20 minutes in the morning and then wash off in the shower if I want to make sure I don't have a greasy face.

Reviewed on January 22, 2010

I am an 18 year old guy and I use this stuff everyday. My face gets REALLY oily and shiney. People have commented on it and it bothered me all the time.

Milk of Magnesia DOES control shine. What I do is wash my face, then apply a thin layer all over. I wait for it to dry, then put a good moisturizer on and I'm good to go. It doesn't help acne, but it makes my face look better.

Make sure you get original, nothing with flavors.

Reviewed on January 12, 2010

Can someone please help me? Am I applying this wrong or what? Its not helping to control the oil either, and it just makes my face all white!

Reviewed on December 15, 2009

Hey everyone. I need some feedback. I'm really confused right now if I should continue with this product or not. I don't know if i should give it more time, but i'm not seeing results like the other reviews i'm reading and i feel so hopeless and devistated! I have extremely oily skin. Every hour i have to blott my face with these oil pads and it comes up clear everytime! Thats how serious it is. I use MoM as a primer under my foundation and i'm not getting the results of less oil. Infact i feel like my skin is getting more oily...is that suppose to be happening and is that possible that MoM is doing this to my skin or a coincidence? My skin is still oily with MoM. Only thing i feel it does is maybe dry up the acne a little. I don't know what to do..any suggestions?

Reviewed on December 10, 2009

its cheap, effective and that bottle is gona last u for ages, definetely one of my best buys..this is probaly very effective in comparison to all those expensive other stuff out there...another important plus is that my make-up stays put all day, a friend even said 'hun your make up doesnt move, how come? (as she's a good friend i revealed the secret! lol)

A MUST BUY- IT WORKS!!!