Page 2 of Phillips Milk of Magnesia reviews

4.4/5 - 52 reviews

Brand: Phillips

Magnesium Hydroxide 1.

Purified Water, Sodium Hypochlorite.

Phillips Milk of Magnesia, Cherry, 26 fl oz
Phillips Milk of Magnesia, Mint, 26 fl oz
Phillips Milk of Magnesia, Original, 12 fl oz

Reviewed on December 18, 2011

I have acne all over, mainly on my back and sometimes on my chest. Right now I am trying to find that solution, I think this might be it topically. I am also taking vitamins like Zinc, b2, b1,b3, b5 and doxycyclin from the derm. It's improving my skin but I just needed something to remove that excess oil. I apply with a cotton swab and my face has never felt so soft! not oily and icky like It usually is. I probably wont need liquid or powder foundation with this stuff! I can go all natural! I haven't used it long enough to see if it clears up my skin but so far its wonderful just for the drying and softness. with all my vitamins, my antibiotic, epsom salt, and this stuff, hopefully I can achieve clear skin! Oh btw if you aren't sensitive to the sun, tanning works wonders for clearing skin and hiding minor previous acne marks. I love that in Florida I can tan for the majority of the year. Please... don't pick... because if you pick after you tan your skin heals WHITE! and the white marks wont fade till the rest of your skin fades....White marks are more hideous then slightly purple or blue marks! I promise! Damn I just gave a whole lot of advice but I just want to help out all you acne suffers. Just know you aren't alone!

Reviewed on October 29, 2011

I have oily skin with moderate acne. I have tried numerous over the counter products and just as many prescription products, I have even purchased products from infomercials... all of which have done little to actually PREVENT acne. So I started looking for products to TREAT acne. I first decided to stop picking my skin and to start using natural cleansing products then I decided to use Milk of Magnesia as a mask. I have used MOM as a mask once a week for the past three months. I believe it has improved my skin tone and has treated sudden break outs but I find that it does not actually prevent acne. I'm totally fine with the results. I love my skin and I dont mind a pimple every now and then.

Reviewed on August 19, 2011

worked better than prescription pills. By far the best treatment I've seen other than urine but I'm not willing to try urine lol

Reviewed on July 27, 2011

I put this on right before I go to sleep. It's great-mainly dries up oil, but reduces pimples too. I'd say give it a try-it'll be worth it. Not much else worked for me, (I tried other things) but this made a good improvement.

Reviewed on May 18, 2011

I use this once a week as a mask. I first put a pore strip on my nose then take a cotton pad and put this over my entire face. I wait for it to completely dry(so I dont put that thick of a layer on). Its a bit itchy drying,not gonna lie. When I rinse it off you can already see a HUGE improvement. My acne scars fade a little and pores are teeny weeny! It leaves my skin feeling so clean and smooth and matte looking! My big pimples as well as my little ones are reduced. Love this product! oh btw..first couple times of using this i thought it broke me out but it was the cleanser i was using

Reviewed on April 18, 2011

Got excited after rave reviews about this keeping you shine free either A:all day or B:a few hours. It did neither. I tried applying it thick, thin, with my fingers, and with cotton balls. Under moisturizer, on top of moisturizer, mixed in with moisturizer, or with no moisturizer at all, none worked. Also, reading up on reviews after the fact, I found a review by someone that described what it made my nose look like, a STRAWBERRY. The pores on my nose looked popped up with it. It's cheap, so try it out at least. Me personally, the only reason it's still sitting in my medicine cabinet is in case I ever need a laxative.

Reviewed on March 24, 2011

If you have shiny and extremely oily skin (either/or, or both), I would check this product out as a test to see if it helps you. It's a cheap, neat experiment.

However, when you apply it, you'll most likely get tons of dry chalk no matter how well and thin you apply it - let that chalk sit for 15 mins and it'll fade.

One product to check out for a relatively equal price and the same effect (possibly better) is OxyClinical Clearing Treatment %5 (the %10 version does not work as well as a matte). It comes in a little box (small tube inside) for around $5 at Walmart, and works in the same fashion as the Phillips, but leaves NO white chalk and applies better. Phillips seems to work better with make-up, though, the Oxy stays just a tad too "soft matte" to add make-up, but the good thing is that the Oxy doesn't "dry" really, it works just a bit more like a perfect matte cream.

The Oxy also gives the illusion of "tight pores" SO much better, the Phillips doesn't compare in the pore department. You can really gob the Oxy on with no bad effect, it really smoothens the skin out totally.

Reviewed on January 27, 2011

Of course, this would not work for me. Whenever I find an amazing product that works for everyone or mostly everyone it NEVER works for me. I got Philips brand. I've never had oily skin, but ever since I began getting acne (about less than a year ago) my face is so greasy. I put on makeup at about 6:30am and at about... 11:00am my skin is oily. towards the end of the day it's oilier and ORANGE, because my makeup oxidizes. (if anyone is sweet enough please leave some ideas for the people that this didn't work for).

Well anyways, I tried this and applied it just normally like everyone else did w/ a makeup sponge very lightly over my oily areas. The point is that it didn't do anything, my face was still oily. :(

Sucks but whatever, I gotta keep looking.

The only plus I see is that we're gonna age slower :) hooray!

I still think you should try this it's not gonna hurt you, it might just work for you.

Good luck everyone (:

by on 08/07/2014 23:43
What foundation do you use?
Reviewed on January 20, 2011

THIS PRODUCT IS GREAAAAAAAAAT! i suffer from a lot of acne scars but this product helps reduce the look of them as well as the oil on my face TEN FOLD. im so happy i found it.

Reviewed on December 27, 2010

I was really hoping this would work for my oily t-zone but it didn't. : ( I saw all the raving reviews and I was like " This is amazing !" lol, but nothing. Washing my face w/ plain yogurt in the morning helps a bit.