Phillips Milk of Magnesia reviews

4.4/5 - 54 reviews

Brand: Phillips

Phillips Milk of Magnesia

Magnesium Hydroxide 1200 mg.

Purified Water, Sodium Hypochlorite.

Phillips Milk of Magnesia, Cherry, 26 fl oz
Phillips Milk of Magnesia, Mint, 26 fl oz
Phillips Milk of Magnesia, Original, 12 fl oz

Really good
Reviewed on July 25, 2015

When I was in middle school (I'm in high school now) I had a a lot or at least what I thought was a lot of pimples and my grandma told me about this and to put it on my face and it worked pretty good not 100% bc maybe it was that I was gonna get my period for the first time but still really good

LIFESAVER!
Reviewed on January 27, 2015

So I've been using this product for a couple of weeks now and I absolutely LOVE IT. As a primer it is amazing, and as a facial mask it is amazing. I have oily/combination skin, but after using MoM, my skin is normal (so it seems) and I have no shine! I have also noticed significant improvement in my acne, which is moderate (usually around that time of the month I breakout on my chin/cheeks) and this time around I have no break outs leading up to my cycle...sorry if i'm giving tmi lol. My skin has been extremely smooth and acne free thus far. All i do is wash my face using my clinique 3 step solutions, apply the MoM with a cotton ball and keep it on my face for about 15 minutes, wash it off, and apply my toner and moisturizer! Hope it works for you all as it did me. Goodluck ;)

Reviewed on September 14, 2014

I have been using benzoyl peroxide for about 5 years? maybe 10! I lost count to be honest...All i know is that I was getting sick of using the benzoyl peroxide face wash...I feel like i had been using it for so long that i was starting to lose hair on my hairline on my forehead because of how harsh the chemical was. I decided to stop using the 10% benzoyl peroxide face wash..for better or worse.. I instead started using Cetaphil dermacontrol oil control face wash and started using the milk of magnesia to combat my EXTREMELY oily skin...It's actually worked wonders. My chin is breaking out a little bit but thats about it! I'm going to stick with it though like I planned. As far as the Milk of magnesia goes.. I love it. Its saved my constant anxiety throughout the day...whether it be at work or just out of the house. I used to always be nervous to be out for too long incase my face got too oily and gross. The MOM mask lasts about 8 hours for me which is amazing! Usually my face would be all oiled up an hour after washing it! I have moderate acne right now but my skin has seemed to calm down and my hair isnt bleached anymore because of the benzoyl peroxide! gross. Anyways. I would definitely recomend this product! The only problem I have with this product...if any, is that my face has started to become oily sooner than i'd hope...so maybe my body is over compensating for lack of oil already and is over producing oil... I dont know...ANYWAYSSSSSSS bye.

Love MOM
Reviewed on May 2, 2014

Been hearing about this milk of magnesia for a while now, I must say I approve. I have oily skin, and nothing works but this stuff. First u wanna apply a thin layer with a foundation brush, let it dry and just like that shine free. Give it a try if u have oily skin or just oily T-Zone.

great alternative to expensive masks
Reviewed on February 20, 2014

I was recommended this product by a nutritionist who had some experience with helping people find natural ways to overcome breakouts. I think it gets the job done and really makes me feel like I'm cleaning out my pores. I have spent a lot of money on expensive/fancy face masks that are supposed to have all these great natural cleansing properties but I really don't think they are any bit more effective than milk of magnesia.

Worked for me!
Reviewed on July 10, 2013

I've tried everything over the counter I could find to reduce my extremely oily skin and help my blemishes. I mean everything! Money was no object to me because I had to look good for my job. I don't have "acne" per say but I did get flair ups. This has made a tremendous difference. I'm 30 and work in a corporate environment, so looking nice is a must for me.

A few tips... Apply a thin layer before leaving the house and wait for it to dry to make sure you don't have any white crust on your face. Then at night after washing your face put it on thick! Don't worry about your pillow, no harm done.

Also I use this in combination with Derma Topix Benzoyl Peroxide Wash 5 Percent which can be had for about $12

GREAT product
Reviewed on June 30, 2013

I love Milk of Magnesia. I first discovered it a few years ago when I was having BIG cystic zits pop up on my forehead that took forever to go away. Within one use of MOM, they got smaller and less inflamed. Now, years later, I still use MOM on those stubborn pimples that need to shrink fast. I usually just spot treat them and leave it on over night and by the next day, it is smaller and less red. I have never used it as a primer, simply because I get afraid that it might make my face flaky underneath my make up, but I can imagine this would be a great way to matte your skin if you have oily skin. Overall, give MOM a try, it's cheap and works so well!

Reviewed on July 24, 2012

I have tried MANY products from my dermatologist but nothing has seemed to be a miracle worker.

Some medication truly did help with my acne. My skin is just unbelievably sensitive and ends up cracking, becoming very red, and stinging. Therefore, I had to discontinue use of almost all of the medications I have tried. My dermatologist had to prescribe the gentlest medication she could find. Unfortunately, it did not work well.

My grandmother had me try milk of magnesia because she had read about it in a magazine. I have only been using it for a day and a half and I already love it. Initially it makes my skin red and it stings just a bit (I am used to this because of how sensitive my skin is. It probably won't happen for everyone) . But in the end, it ends up reducing the inflammation and the redness. It seems to also be helping with the acne. It gives your skin a lovely texture that is better than wearing make up. I love it. My acne comes from my father, and he lost his acne the summer after his sophomore year. Being in the same position, let us pray that I can do the same. :) Best of luck to you all!