Paula's Choice Skin Balancing Oil-Reducing Cleanser reviews

Brand: Paula's Choice

Key Ingredients:
Sunflower seed oil, Aloe Barbadensis, Sodium Cocoyl Isethionate.

Product Ingredients:
Water, Sodium Lauroamphoacetate, Sodium Cocoyl Isethionate (gentle cleansing agents), Stearic Acid (fatty acid thickener), Glycerin (skin-repairing ingredient), Glycol Distearate (skin-conditioning/opacifying agent), Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil (non-fragrant plant oil), Acrylates Copolymer (film-forming agent), Cetearyl Alcohol (thickener), Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract (water-binding agent), Sodium Chloride, Sodium Hydroxide (stabilizer and pH-adjusting agents), Xanthan Gum (thickener), Caprylyl Glycol, Hexylene Glycol (preservatives), Disodium EDTA (stabilizer), Phenoxyethanol (preservative).

Great to use but don't
Reviewed on April 27, 2016

This cleanser feels great to use. You only need a tiny amount as a little goes a long way. It lathers up well and rinses off clean without leaving any residue behind. My skin didn't feel irritated or tight after using it but as a BP user, I found my skin was still flaky and dry in patches and I did get a couple of pimples while using it which may or may not have been as a result of this cleanser; it's hard to say. I noticed after scrutinizing the ingredients that it contains cetearyl alcohol and sodium chloride which according to several websites are either comedogenic or irritating to acne. That's why it only gets 3 stars from me.

Also, for people sensitive to smell, you may not like this cleanser. It is fragrance free and has the smell of fragrance free soap which doesn't smell pleasant. Personally, I didn't find it a problem as the smell didn't linger after using it but I know for some people, this would be an issue.

So gentle but effective in cleaning!
Reviewed on September 11, 2014

I love love love this cleanser! It is very gentle, so gentle that is does not sting your eyes when removing eye make up. It cleans very well without stripping your skin. No irritation either. I have hypersensitive skin, oily in spots, dry in other, seborrheic dermatitis, mild rosacea, and acne prone too! Yep, my skin does not like most products and this one I can use with no problem. I tried the skin recovery one in her line as well but something in it irritated my skin. Try a sample, you may love it as well!