Paula's Choice Resist BHA 9 reviews

Brand: Paula's Choice

Propylene Glycol (solvent/penetration enhancer), PEG-75, PEG-8 (thickeners), Water, Salicylic Acid (beta hydroxy acid/time-released exfoliant, 9%), Glycerin (skin-repairing ingredient), Avena Sativa (Oat) Kernel Extract (anti-irritant), Butylene Glycol (slip agent), Boerhavia Diffusa Root Extract (antioxidant plant extract), Sea Whip Extract (soothing plant extract), Arginine (amino acid/skin-conditioning agent), Polysorbate 20 (stabilizer), Disodium EDTA (chelating agent).

Amazing
Reviewed on February 7, 2014

This treatment is amazing. I have very oily skin, tons of blackheads and frequent cystic and non-cystic breakouts. I have been putting of using Accutane because I've used it three times and the side effects have me sitting on the fence. BHA 9 makes my skin look flawless the next day. Any active acne loses its redness and reduces in size, blackheads are almost invisible and skin is smooth. It does come at a price. First of all, it's a spot treatment, so it's expensive to use all over, even if you use it just once a week. Second, the results are short lived - one or two days and your skin is back to pre-treatment. Third, salicylic acid is fat soluble, which can make your skin dry and flaky, especially if you're using other products. But I love it. I still use it on occasion, especially before a big night out. Sometimes I'll wake up with one or two tiny whiteheads after using this treatment. I'm assuming that the BHA has exfoliated the pore and the pore went about its business starting a comedone from scratch (that's how blackheads get started, as tiny whiteheads). These don't bother me because they get extracted in a second with hardly any pressure and no mark left behind.