Patricia Wexler M.D. Anti-Acne Starter Kit

Overall rating: 4.3 / 5
(based on 16 reviews)

Recommended by 100% of visitors

Average price: $44.16

Brand: Patricia Wexler M.D.

Most helpful review

By Lindsay, Salt Lake City, UT on 10/28/2011

I have literally tried everything. I know most of us say that in our reviews, but I'm serious. Everything from expensive prescriptions and dermatology treatments to Windex. Yes, Windex. I've tried the minimalist approach where you do "nothing" and I've tried taking expensive supplements. I've tried Murad, Proactive, Clearasil, Aveeno, L'Oreal, Burt's Bees, Desert Essence, and many many many more. I've tried herbal treatments. I've tried special teas and masks. I've tried changing my diet, drinking gallons of water, I've abolished fabric softener, and I've changed my pillowcases daily. Once in a while, something would make a difference for a day or two and then I'd be back on the fast train to Pimple City. THIS is literally the first thing that's made a huge improvement in my skin. I have incredibly sensitive and dry skin. And I've been struggling with painful, cystic acne on my chin and cheeks. I'm also incredibly fair skinned so any red marks seem to linger forEVER. I was near the point of giving up. This was a last-ditch effort. I can't even put into words how glad I am to have tried it. It's like I have a new face. I started the treatment a few days ago and every single zit that I had is either gone or 1/4 the size it was before. The red marks have already started fading. My skin is softer, less irritated, and there is no itchiness at all. I feel like I've discovered a miracle. I couldn't be more grateful for this product. It may not work for everyone -- we all have different skin. But I would highly recommend that you try it. It's got a money-back guarantee, so you might be out $40 bucks initially, but if it doesn't work, you can return it. If it DOES work, you've got the joy of having your face back. :).

Pros:
  • Reduces itchiness, redness, inflammation, pain. Improves skin texture and appearance in a matter of days.
Cons:
  • Can feel a little greasy.

25 out of 34 people found this review helpful

Member reviews

By on

The bottom line is that this stuff works. It's very expensive though. However if you wake up one day and literally half your face is covered in cystic acne and your face hurts to talk, you will gladly pay the money to buy these acne products because they will work. It took a few months to really work for me and clear up my face and now I only get 10% of the acne I used to and that's only when I don't use the glyco peel at night or during that time of the month. The spot treatment doesn't really work, just dries out the skin but one of the best products is the skin brightener lotion. AMAZING stuff! Definately worth the price. It's the only moisturizer I have used that hydrated my face without making it oily. Plus I see the results of faded acne scars.

Pros

• It works for me.

Cons

• If you don't use the gylco peel everyday the acne appears; the price
  • severe
  • for about a year
  • $ 39.5
  • I recommend using this product/treatment.

By on

I am 22 years old and have been struggling with pretty severe acne since I was 15. I have tried everything from Proactiv to prescription meds, and even tried birth control to heal up my acne....NOTHING worked! I decided to try Wexler's anti-acne started kit because of the 100% money back guarantee and needless to say...i didn't get my money back! This is the ONLY product that has cleared up my acne!!!! It took about a month to REALLY start seeing results, but i have been on it for 3 months now and my acne is 85% disappeared!!!! Now I'm gonna try to start using it on my back acne & hopefully I'll get the same results!!!! Thanks Dr. Wexler :)

Pros

• Clears acne!

Cons

• a bit expensive to buy the full sized products.
  • moderately severe
  • for a few months
  • $ 40
  • I recommend using this product/treatment.

By on

I've been using this system for months. The products feel wonderful on your skin and any patches of acne go away, albeit not very quickly. Large pimples, however, are completely unaffected, even with the benzoyl peroxide spot treatment. It's also incredibly expensive, almost prohibitively. It's still a good product, though.

Pros

• Clears and prevents acne, feels great on the skin

Cons

• Doesn't treat or prevent large single pimples, extremely expensive
  • moderate
  • for a few months
  • $ 150
  • I recommend using this product/treatment.

By on

I have used Proactive, Murad, most over the counter acne solutions, have had spa treatments twice a month and have taken every piece of advice that anyone has ever offered. I started to see and feel a difference in my skin after three days of the starter kit. I ended up buying a lot of the full sized bottles at a sale price, plus I had a coupon from a survey. It works, and it's guaranteed!

Pros

• Saw results quickly, wasn't irritating.

Cons

• Can be pricey, but ask about sales!
  • for a few months
  • $ 39.5
  • I recommend using this product/treatment.

By on

This is the best line of acne products i have ever used (and i have used pretty much everything!) The best part is the glyco peel. it burns a little but it makes your skin look and feel amazing! zits just disappear! in addition to clearing up my skin, all of my scars are starting to fade. i never thought a product without benzoyl peroxide would ever work, but this one does!

Pros

• anti-acne and anti-aging
  • does not dry out skin

Cons

• when you purchase full sized products not in the kit it costs a small fortune.
  • for about a month
  • $ 39.99
  • I recommend using this product/treatment.

By on

I have been using Proactiv for four years. I am 44 years old, and continue to struggle with acne. I began getting dry, though, on Proactiv over this past winter, and I decided to try the Wexler line. I was prepared to not have it work, as nothing else by Proactiv worked on my skin in the past. Amazingly, my skin became baby soft and smooth, with no sign of breakouts. This system uses no benzyol peroxide, only salyclic acid and other antiaging ingredients. I was very impressed overall.

Pros

• It heals and prevents blemishes, and also is an anti-aging line of skin care.

Cons

• It is a bit pricey.
  • for about a month
  • $ 39.99
  • I recommend using this product/treatment.