Patricia Wexler M.D. Anti-Acne Starter Kit reviews

4.2/5 - 18 reviews

Brand: Patricia Wexler M.D.

Mark product as reinstated

Been using Wexler for years...
Reviewed on July 1, 2015

And I've found that the only thing worth buying in this kit is the glycolic pads. They ROCK and they're my go-to. That's where the magic happens. Save your money and get a different face wash and moisturizer.

Im going to try it
Reviewed on March 1, 2015

I have used this product a very long time ago before I got acne and it worked very good and I started to get acne my junior year of high school and I'm a freshman in college now. So I've had this problem for awhile I have done proactive, and it cleared my face but I wanted a change because I know proactive is really bad for your face and very pricy. so i tried items from lush all nature things and they have nice produts but its not strong enough to get rid of my acne. my cheeks and nose are clear of acne. but recently my forehead and chin have broken out like crazy. so I'm going to us the patricia wexler stuff that i brought today and hopefully it will have the same effect it did before i got acne. wish me luck :)

HELP ME
Reviewed on February 8, 2014

I used this product about 1 year ago and it was amazing. its the only product that works for me. only problem now is i cant find the products i need.. CAN ANYONE TELL ME WHERE TO FIND THEM??

Lindsay, Salt Lake City, UT
Reviewed on October 28, 2011

I have literally tried everything. I know most of us say that in our reviews, but I'm serious. Everything from expensive prescriptions and dermatology treatments to Windex. Yes, Windex. I've tried the minimalist approach where you do "nothing" and I've tried taking expensive supplements. I've tried Murad, Proactive, Clearasil, Aveeno, L'Oreal, Burt's Bees, Desert Essence, and many many many more. I've tried herbal treatments. I've tried special teas and masks. I've tried changing my diet, drinking gallons of water, I've abolished fabric softener, and I've changed my pillowcases daily. Once in a while, something would make a difference for a day or two and then I'd be back on the fast train to Pimple City.

THIS is literally the first thing that's made a huge improvement in my skin. I have incredibly sensitive and dry skin. And I've been struggling with painful, cystic acne on my chin and cheeks. I'm also incredibly fair skinned so any red marks seem to linger forEVER. I was near the point of giving up. This was a last-ditch effort.

I can't even put into words how glad I am to have tried it. It's like I have a new face. I started the treatment a few days ago and every single zit that I had is either gone or 1/4 the size it was before. The red marks have already started fading. My skin is softer, less irritated, and there is no itchiness at all. I feel like I've discovered a miracle. I couldn't be more grateful for this product.

It may not work for everyone -- we all have different skin. But I would highly recommend that you try it. It's got a money-back guarantee, so you might be out $40 bucks initially, but if it doesn't work, you can return it. If it DOES work, you've got the joy of having your face back. :)

Reviewed on August 30, 2010

If you don't use it everyday, your acne will come back. If you follow the regimen, your skin will be flawless. I have tried EVERYTHING. Proactive, prescribed pills and creams, regular acne face washes from CVS, etc. This was the only thing that worked this well. I recommend it to anyone and everyone. If you sign up for emails at Bath and Body Works, you frequently will get discounts for their products. I almost never have to pay full price for this product.

Becca, West Virginia
Reviewed on August 9, 2010

As with all acne products, you have to use the Wexler products consistently. If you do this, you should have no problem. It works on pretty much all kinds of acne, except I haven't seen it do much for my blackheads. It doesn't dry out your skin like most other overnight products do. But, since i use it almost daily, i really recommend using a moisturizer in the day time, if you don't already. (It's really, really important to put a moisturizer on before you apply foundation, so this would be a great time to do it!) Also, make sure you wash off this product in the morning when you wake up. If you don't, residue could irritate your skin. Overall, it's a great product and i'm sure that if you use it correctly and with consistence, you will have less breakouts and a healthier skin :)

Lisa, PA
Reviewed on September 8, 2009

I have struggled with acne for 12+ years and this is the only product (other than accutane) that has 100% cleared my skin. Accutane worked for about 5 years and then my acne returned worse than ever. Both of the washes (foam and scrub) are great and the anti-aging serum is amazing. I originally bought the starter kit and saw a small improvement the first month. I then bought the full sized products and my acne completely dissapeared during the second month of use. I have spent thousands of dollars on treatments, creams, antibiotics, birth control, derm visits, and peels/microderm--I feel that these products are a small price to pay after all of the years of seeing little to no improvement from pricey treatments. I highly recommend Dr. Wexler's products for anyone with persistent adult acne.

Gail, New Jersey
Reviewed on September 7, 2009

Dr. Wexler, keep your line going.

Lori Girl, Chicago, IL
Reviewed on August 30, 2009

I've had acne since I was 13... I'm now 35. I have relatively sensitive skin that's very oily. I've tried pretty much all anti-acne products and settled on ProActiv. I've been looking for something that would also be anti-aging and I've been reading good reviews on the Wexler system, so I'm giving it a try by using the starter kit and the glyco peel. I absolutely love it so far - the cleanser is especially wonderful. I'm new to the glyco peel concept - I'm hopeful that it will help with the discolorations and scars. I'm using it daily with the hope that I can scale back to 2-3x per week since it's a little pricey. It's only been a few days, but my skin feels wonderful and I like the products a lot!

The price I'm listing is for the starter kit ($30) and the glyco peel ($60).

Sarah, CA