PanOxyl Benzoyl Peroxide (5%) Aquagel reviews

4.4/5 - 49 reviews

Brand: PanOxyl

Benzoyl Peroxide (5%).

Cetearyl Alcohol, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Glycerin, Glycolic Acid, Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Imidurea, Lactic Acid, Methylparaben, Mineral Oil (Paraffinum Liquidum), PEG 14M, Potassium Lauryl Sulfate, Water (Purified), Sodium Hydroxide, Sodium Lauryl Sulfate, Sodium PCA, Titanium Dioxide, Zea Mays (Corn) Starch.

Mark product as reinstated

One of my favourites
Reviewed on November 11, 2014

This was my go-to BP until they stopped carrying it where I live. Loved this stuff while I used it though!

Really saw an improvement
Reviewed on February 12, 2014

I have tried a lot of over the counter products and this one is my favorite.

Most of the time when I try new products it will start working and then my old problems would come back, this one consistently works. I do not use it daily anymore, now it is a once a week clean

Reviewed on June 23, 2012

I initially used the 2.5% strength which cleared me up around 80%. I switched to 5% because I couldn't find the 2.5% and found it clears me up about 97% which for me is brilliant. I have tried everything including Roaccutane and this is the only thing that works. At first I used it both morning and evening and initially it does burn your skin and make it incredibly dry. However after a couple of weeks this clears up and keeps acne at bay. I now only apply it at night after cleansing and before applying moisturiser. I don't apply as much as Dan recommends in his regime, maybe a finger length for my whole face I find it doesn't bleach my clothes or bedsheets. I find it cumbersome applying this every night and waiting for it to dry before applying moisturiser but I've accepted I have to do this if I want clear skin! Maybe one day I won't have to use it but it's been over 3 years and my skin still can't cope without it. It does work amazingly well and I only get spots now and again, mainly around my period or when I don't remove my make up properly for whatever reason. Highly recommended. It's becoming increasingly difficult to get this in the UK though and I'm worried about how much longer it'll be before they stop manfucturing this.

Reviewed on March 31, 2012

If you have those white ugly looking pimples. Don't worry, start using panoxyl and you will see results in the week.

It will not cause you to breakout.

some redness will be left behind but that's normal until your ugly pustules go away.

Gently massage this product on your face for 2 minutes.

Use only one time and specially before you go to the bed.

Reviewed on September 14, 2011

This product did not improve the look of my skin as my skin became irritated and red however it does shrink the spots.

Reviewed on August 21, 2011

so its 5% and we all know BP is drying, and this one is no different so im not going to complain about side effect associated with BP.

It has a grainy texture, its difficult to spread around, it feel sticky when you put it on and throughout the day(if u dont moisturize)

when apply moisturizer you have to apply alot as because the face is so sticky it doesnt allow the moisturizer to spread around easily!!

but it comes in a good sized tube, its in a water base, its gel form, and its cheap so 3.75 stars. i will continue to use it unless i find something that spreads easier and similar size/value

Reviewed on August 17, 2011

I only use this at night, just apply on acne before bedtime and then wash off in the morning. You just have to remember to exfoliate and moisturise as it makes your skin a little bit dry especially if you apply a lot.

I started with the 2.5%, then moved to 5% and then moved to 10%. If its your first time buying this then DO NOT buy 10% straight away as your skin isn't used to it, the benozyl peroxide will dry your skin out. So start with 2.5% unless you have quite bad acne then start with 5.

Panoxyl is probably the most effective acne product I have used I really recommend it :) It's way better than Benzac AC which I used to use, it is much more effective and works heaps faster. ;)

Reviewed on July 30, 2011

This is worth your money. It is 5% BP so use it carefully. I applied it just at night for the first two weeks and then moved to doing it twice a day, with just the spots in the morning, most of my face at night.

It's working quite well, I can see a difference, and so far no more breakouts of inflamed acne. Doesn't seem to do much for blackheads but has decreased the size of my two nodules.

You must use a good moisturizer and wash really well with water before reapplying. It dries out really fast. My moisturizer has been aloe vera.

Reviewed on May 25, 2011

The best OTC item on the market...

Reviewed on January 30, 2011

i used this product for a week straight every morning and night. I didnt think my skin would get so dry! i woke up one morning with dry skin all around my mouth..i couldnt smile or laugh! i looked like an old women..i would put creams on but it would only burn..iv tried everything but nothing seems to work. I thought panoxyl would work but all it did was dry out my face to the extreeme. im now trying a home remedy..aloe vera gel straight from the plant..im praying that it will work!! i only use panoxly when i feel as if my face is greasy..it then doesnt dry out my face just feels refreshed!