PanOxyl Benzoyl Peroxide (10%) Gel reviews

4.3/5 - 228 reviews

10% Benzoyl peroxide.

Aqueous base, which had bacteriostatic, keratolytic, sebostatic properties.

Brilliant solution
Reviewed on March 18, 2014

Have tried most other products but I find panoxyl to be the only over the counter product which keeps my acne at bay. The cream is quickly absorbed by the skin and can be used in conjunction with many other products such as moisturiser to counteract the drying effect of BP. Recommend starting with 4% before making transition to 10 as it caused very bad skin peeling until I became used to it. Now I have no side effects and as long as I use it morning and night I get very few if any spots.

It works but it needs a lot of time
Reviewed on January 4, 2014

I have been using Benzoyl peroxide 10% for 4 months and it let my face clean (I only had some red marks) but after the summer my acne came back so now I'm using it in combination of topical isotretinoin.

It works but it need time, give it 3 months. It has never irritate my skin.

Great on the spot treatment
Reviewed on October 8, 2013

I only use panoxyl 10% on spots or badly affected areas after applying epiduo and an oil-free moisturizer over my entire face. Try not to use it on non-affected areas as it will cause redness and irritation even if you are a long time user of Bp (I have been using BP consistently for 4 years and it will still make my face red if applied too generously).

Make sure to moisturize before applying and be consistent with the application-it works quite quickly in the method I mentioned above but sometimes you have to be patient

Note that I currently have only a few spots on my face but previously I have moderate acne

by Gydex95 on 10/08/2013 22:30
Also it is great for Bacne and acne on the back of the neck, you can apply more generously here because the skin is thicker and is less likely to become irritated
Reviewed on February 17, 2013

this product does not work. ive been using this product for about a year now, it did clear a bit of my acne up but thats it. if you have moderate+ acne this is a waste of time for you.

Reviewed on October 26, 2012

This is the best over the counter wash I've ever used! It clears, break outs and reginerates your skin...give you a beautiful glow!

Reviewed on September 18, 2012

It only took about 2-3 weeks to see a radical change. But to be honest it started to work on day 1!

When using it your skin does dry but I promise you that you can peel it off (only when ready). You can also apply the gel before you go to bed and then gently exfoliate in the morning (your skin will be softer if you use a topical cream afterwards on slightly moist skin).

I have really sensitive skin and used panoxyl 10%. On the first application your face will feel tingly and you will feel a slight twinge and stinging sensation.

In a nutshell this cream has changed my life!

Deffinately try it if you need a confidence boost!

Reviewed on June 17, 2012

I've been using this for about 5 months and my skin looks amazing! I had fairly bad acne before and now I have one spot on my entire face. My skin hasn't been this clear since I was about 12! Definitely the best product for acne by far. Starts to work after just a week and my skin was clear within 2 months. I use it once a day before bed. It's very drying so you will need to you a good moisturiser. I've been using Natural High night cream which is the best moisturiser I can find to use with bp gel over here in England. Definitely give this a go!

Reviewed on May 11, 2012

Basically I was 16 when I went to see my pharmacist about my acne, because it really annoyed me and effected my confidence in public. My pharmacist recommeded PanOxyl 5 to me and I was dubious at first after reading many reveiws saying that it causes dryness and redness of the skin, some even saying that it caused more spots to form. But I did try it and I was extreamly pleased with the results, the spots reduced in size within 4 week days which boosted my confidence greatly. Some spots do come back every now and again but not as frequently or ferrocious as with other products, and I have tried many.

I personally do not use moisteriser as I don't really need it but others may do so I recommend starting off with one.

Reviewed on March 17, 2012

Okay. Well ive used this for like over a year. it works really great!! it makes pimples go away alot faster and its real easy to use.. it does bleach things. and dry out my face.. but i use moisturizer which kinda controls that.

Reviewed on February 18, 2012

I am black and I was wondering if other users who are the same skin colour have different effects. I know skin colour can change things and the reviews seem to be mostly from white people (please correct if i'm wrong).