PanOxyl Benzoyl Peroxide (10%) Bar reviews

4.1/5 - 62 reviews

Brand: PanOxyl

Benzoyl Peroxide (10%).

Cetearyl Alcohol, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Glycerin, Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Lactic Acid, Mineral Oil, PEG-14M, Potassium Lauryl Sulfate, Purified Water, Silica, Sodium Lauryl Sulfate, Titanium Dioxide, Zea Mays (Corn) Starch.

PanOxyl Bar 10% - 4 oz - 1 Bar
updated: 06/07/2017 07:06 UTC

BE CAREFUL THIS IS DESTRUCTIVE
Reviewed on January 29, 2017

If I can help prevent what happened to my face from this product for even one other person, I will feel good. I used this product on moderate acne, mostly whiteheads and some pustules. I became obsessed with the idea of making my skin peel to regenerate new skin and cover up the bumps, so i overdosed on this fiv times last year with a few months in between each use. I should have known to stop when my face got so tight that i could not smile or eat, and i was getting terrible wrinkles around the eyes. the last time i used it, for hyperpigmentation on the sides of my face, it made them deep purple and swollen, and six months later theya re still all purple and red! although this discoloration has faded a lot, my face is destroyed in these areas.also, i now have crepey and crinkly skn on my forehead from this product if you look up close in certain light. my forehead skin has been permanently dry and wont produce oil, yet i am still getting zits. be careful if you use this, do NOT overdose! do not keep it on for a long time and do not repeat it several times each day. do not hurt yourself liek i did. worst decision of my life.

BP or Sulfur for Acne?
Reviewed on January 27, 2016

I started using this soap and it worked in the beginning however my skin didn't react well to BP. So my Dermatologist recommended using a different active ingredient such as sulfur. He suggested using Joesoef Skin Care Sulfur soap 10%. After the first day I can see and feel the difference in my complexion. It's been 3 weeks now and my break outs have diminished even during my pms which is amazing. I've also added into my skin regimen their Joesoef Acne Sulfur 6.6% drying lotion, which I use as a spot treatment targeting my break out areas. I leave it on overnight for maxium affect. These Sulfur products are a must have and worth every penny. I haven't been back to my Dermatologist in months.

Unexpected Miracle
Reviewed on May 5, 2015

I had used it all, heard of it all. I was 12 when I started breaking out and had been suffering with moderate acne for years. I used Proactiv only to break out even more. I used birth control pills, various creams recommended by the dermatologist, oral medications, and many face washes. Neutrogena face washes did work for a while, but I always relapsed after a while of using it. I went to the dermatologist a few months ago, excepting the same old diagnosis and treatment. I didn't think much of Panoxyl, thinking it was just like every other soap I had been recommended. After just a week of use, my face was clearing up more than it had ever cleared up using various products at once. Now I am completely clear after years of struggling thanks to one sole product I hadn't thought much of. I am still left with acne scars, but this soap definitely did the trick for the acne itself. GIVE IT A CHANCE!

A savior
Reviewed on October 29, 2014

I went to see a dermatologist after spending much time and money on various products and methods. I tried everything under the sun including ProActiv +. Proactiv + worked on my face but did absolutely nothing on my chest and back. I even tried the Proactiv body wash and the cystic acne just laughed at me and spread. I finally went to see a dermatologist and he told me that the back acne and chest acne I have is rooted too deep for topical stuff to really address. He put me on minocycline anti-biotic and told me to use PanOxyl bar on my chest and back. I really don't know which helped the most, but this double barreled treatment method worked for me. I was really down in the dumps because it sucked not wanting to be seen with my shirt off out in the sun. This combo helped me a lot mentally and physically as odd as that may sound.

GOOD GOD, STRONG
Reviewed on August 12, 2014

This should not be your daily acne therapy, but in a desperate pinch, it can be a minor miracle for a few days.

Lillia-Sage (Lily-Sage), Scotland
Reviewed on November 25, 2012

Not a very good product. Ruined sensitive areas on my face. The price is okay but could be better. My face dried out a lot and flakiness and peeling set in. Blackheads stayed!!! Not a gentle choice. Really, not worth it.

Anonymous
Reviewed on April 21, 2012

Im 13 and was struggling with acne on my back and chest for about a year. I tried a bunch of different products and nothing worked until I tried panoxyl. It cleared up my skin and completely stopped new break outs!

Reviewed on March 1, 2012

I want to start off by saying that I suffered for years with back acne. I tried everything... Apple cider vingar, lemon juice, sycilic acid, doctor tablets, everything. Nothing ever worked for me. After doing years of research I realized why my back was so hard to treat. The back is a very thick layer of skin that needs strong products. I strted using pan oxyl 10% and I wax sure it wouldn't work. After a week of my skin feeling extremley dry and getting worse breakouts it finally started to work. After my skin got used to it, it's now completley clear. I had the worst back acne you could imagine too.

I would recommend starting off the first week using it once a day and leaving it on for 2 minutes. After that use it twice a day and leave it on for 3 minutes each time. Please try this product. Only thing that works because it's so strong.

Susi, Columbus OH
Reviewed on December 5, 2011

Try this brand before spending on more pricey prescriptions. It is the same as stuff costing way, way more money. No awful smell etc. it does bleach your wash cloth but I just have a few set aside to use with it.

I wish I would have had this stuff years ago.

Reviewed on November 22, 2011

it helps with the break outs i get on my back. i strongly recommend this stuff. use it once a day in the morning when you shower. I think if it was used twice a day it would be too harsh on the skin.