PanOxyl Benzoyl Peroxide (10%) Aquagel reviews

4.3/5 - 232 reviews

Brand: PanOxyl

Benzoyl peroxide (10%).

Aqueous base, which had bacteriostatic, keratolytic, sebostatic properties.

Gone without notice
Reviewed on July 28, 2015

id been a user of PanOxyl since college and it really works so fast and so well. Im so much just disappointed that PanOxyl was removed or termed as PHASE OUT on drugstores here in the Philippines. It is very sad that i tried other products but does not ever treat acne at all.

Cleared my Acne
Reviewed on May 22, 2015

I can honestly say this product is what made the most difference in my acne. I'm 17 years old and have had mild acne since I was around 11. However, lately it began to get worse. Using pan oxyl once a day pretty much cleared all my active breakouts. It's been wonderful. I use it and then put honey on as a spot treatment. However, it can be drying so I make sure to apply lots of lotion.

this product is a miracle
Reviewed on May 10, 2015

I am 70yrs old have suffered with acne for 40yrs, l have had Roccutane, ok for 6months, 20yrs on tetrecyline, wish l had found Panoxyl before now, l have mild acne now, always got a few hard red lumps which are painful take ages to go! Have been using Panoxyl for one month unbieveable l put a small amount on the spot at night with a cotton bud, in the morning it has almost gone, like a miracle. Highly reccommend.

Absolute Life Changer
Reviewed on August 6, 2014

I am 17 and have suffered from extreme back-acne since I was 12. Being a girl, having cystic acne covering every inch of your back is not only painful but horribly embarrassing. I started using PanOxyl 10% body wash in April of this year, and I can honestly say it has changed my life. Within a week all of my acne cleared up and I didn't have a single pimple on my back or body. Occasionally I'll get a pimple here and there, but I can finally wear bathing suits without a shirt on and feel confident in my own skin. PanOxyl is hands down the best acne product I have ever tried.

Some advice:

I recommend buying a shower brush. Let your back soak in hot water, and then scrub all areas of your back with brush before applyng wash. This will open your pores allowing the wash to soak into your skin. I let the wash sit on my back for a good 5 minutes before rinsing. Because the skin on your back is tougher and thicker than the skin on your face, this product will most likely not dry out your skin on your back. However, for your face, I recommend PanOxyl 5%. Hope this helps!

Brilliant solution
Reviewed on March 18, 2014

Have tried most other products but I find panoxyl to be the only over the counter product which keeps my acne at bay. The cream is quickly absorbed by the skin and can be used in conjunction with many other products such as moisturiser to counteract the drying effect of BP. Recommend starting with 4% before making transition to 10 as it caused very bad skin peeling until I became used to it. Now I have no side effects and as long as I use it morning and night I get very few if any spots.

It works but it needs a lot of time
Reviewed on January 4, 2014

I have been using Benzoyl peroxide 10% for 4 months and it let my face clean (I only had some red marks) but after the summer my acne came back so now I'm using it in combination of topical isotretinoin.

It works but it need time, give it 3 months. It has never irritate my skin.

Great on the spot treatment
Reviewed on October 8, 2013

I only use panoxyl 10% on spots or badly affected areas after applying epiduo and an oil-free moisturizer over my entire face. Try not to use it on non-affected areas as it will cause redness and irritation even if you are a long time user of Bp (I have been using BP consistently for 4 years and it will still make my face red if applied too generously).

Make sure to moisturize before applying and be consistent with the application-it works quite quickly in the method I mentioned above but sometimes you have to be patient

Note that I currently have only a few spots on my face but previously I have moderate acne

by Gydex95 on 10/08/2013 22:30
Also it is great for Bacne and acne on the back of the neck, you can apply more generously here because the skin is thicker and is less likely to become irritated
Reviewed on February 17, 2013

this product does not work. ive been using this product for about a year now, it did clear a bit of my acne up but thats it. if you have moderate+ acne this is a waste of time for you.

Reviewed on October 26, 2012

This is the best over the counter wash I've ever used! It clears, break outs and reginerates your skin...give you a beautiful glow!

Reviewed on September 18, 2012

It only took about 2-3 weeks to see a radical change. But to be honest it started to work on day 1!

When using it your skin does dry but I promise you that you can peel it off (only when ready). You can also apply the gel before you go to bed and then gently exfoliate in the morning (your skin will be softer if you use a topical cream afterwards on slightly moist skin).

I have really sensitive skin and used panoxyl 10%. On the first application your face will feel tingly and you will feel a slight twinge and stinging sensation.

In a nutshell this cream has changed my life!

Deffinately try it if you need a confidence boost!