PanOxyl Benzoyl Peroxide (10%) Aquagel reviews

4.3/5 - 241 reviews

Brand: PanOxyl

Benzoyl peroxide (10%).

Aqueous base, which had bacteriostatic, keratolytic, sebostatic properties.

No Doubt
Reviewed on July 25, 2016

Alrighty, Here's the Scoop in a nutshell:

10% Benzoyl Peroxide is very drying, however effective. I will never say no to something that works. Just use a good moisturizer.

However, I always recommend a 5-2.5% BP (Preferably 2.5%) because it does great work, the same actually, and no dryness. Plus you can spread it all over your face after using a SA Cleanser and apply Moisturizer and your set to be acne free!

Neutrogena Oil Free Acne Wash

2.5% Neutrogena BP

Aveeno Non-Comodegenic Moisturizer

(or any good moisturizer)

I struggle with blackheads and larger pimples and it works well!

by WadeX on 07/25/2016 04:02
To all those who say it stops working: It doesn't but the dryness makes it too dry to get under the skin to treat the acne. Use a moisturizer!
it works
Reviewed on February 4, 2016

ive been using this product for 3 months and i get very great result i have no acne now, no problems with redness or peeling...i apply it on my face and leave for 3-5mins before shower and follow by moisturizer but for overnight using i would recommended for lower concentration...

Reviewed on February 2, 2016

This worked good for the first few weeks even though it did burn!! However, after that it stopped working.

too dry
Reviewed on January 26, 2016

i used this product and it didn't help to clear my acne at all and my face was very dry and feel off

Don't Overuse!
Reviewed on January 17, 2016

This product could really dry me out. The first few nights I used it I woke up and my skin was super dry and flaky. I decided to start using it very minimally, as a spot treatment. Putting just a tiny dab on any pimples I have. I think it helps speed up the drying and healing process of the pimples.

Too drying!
Reviewed on September 5, 2015

This product was too harsh for my skin, after one application my skin would be fine but I had to take 1 or 2 nights to recover, hence the product didn't work for me. I am now taking 5% Benzol Peroxide because I think if I use it consistently it will work for me.

Great item
Reviewed on August 23, 2015

I would really recommend this to you. My friend told me about this and I tried a lot of things but this really worked. I've been taking a bacteria pill prescribed by my doctor and also used epiduo. It really changed my acne in 6-8 weeks

Does the job
Reviewed on August 7, 2015

I've been using BP in some form since about 1997 and found the regimen in 2000. I've tried all the different formulas at some point and have landed on this. I find Dan's too watery and it takes forever to dry. This has just the right consistency for my skin. I used the 2.5% until it was discontinued and now buy this by the 6 pack. I don't find it any more irritating than the lower strength.

If just starting out on the regimen I'd maybe advice a lower concentration but if you do decide to go with this I'd start off using it every other night and just play it by feel. 10% is strong stuff for skin that's not used to BP

I have no problems with redness or peeling after years on it so I can plaster it on with no I'll effects. I do have olive skin though so those with fair skin might not hanble it as well. I also only use it at night after I have a shave (just water no cream or cleanser) followed by some moisturiser. I still have the odd breakout but nothing I can't handle

I only now have acne around my mouth ( where i use this) but used to have it all over years back. Sadly I think it's here to stay around the mouth area.

It actually dies work
Reviewed on August 1, 2015

Hi. I recently got out panoxyl aquagel 10% about a week ago and since then I have had no spots at all! I've tried so many others but believe me this stuff actually works and very well at that. The first 5ish days my skin was a but drier but not that much. After a week my skin feels dry and it is a bit peely but nothing anyone would notice as they walked past. I use it once a day then use simple moisturiser.

It works great and haven't had any spots since. I had them small ones and the large puss filled ones under the skin but no more of them. Yay

Gone without notice
Reviewed on July 28, 2015

id been a user of PanOxyl since college and it really works so fast and so well. Im so much just disappointed that PanOxyl was removed or termed as PHASE OUT on drugstores here in the Philippines. It is very sad that i tried other products but does not ever treat acne at all.