PanOxyl Benzoyl Peroxide (10%) Aquagel reviews

4.3/5 - 247 reviews

Brand: PanOxyl

Benzoyl peroxide (10%).

Aqueous base, which had bacteriostatic, keratolytic, sebostatic properties.

PanOxyl Benzoyl Peroxide (10%) Aquagel

Tried everything.......including this. Doesn't work!
Reviewed on June 13, 2017

Hoping this review can help someone out there. Long but worthwhile, I hope.

Let me just say that when I first got this, I was really excited that maybe a product would finally work for me. Everything I read made it seem like a real miracle product.

My back story:

I am 28 years old, have battled extreme cystic acne for my entire life, been on 2 rounds of accutane, tried spiro, doxy, you name it. Tried Proactive, R&F, Mario B, Paula’s choice… everything. This was something my mother brought up to me. She knows how much acne has affected my life in a negative way and is on the lookout constantly for products that might help me.

My immediate results were very good. Like people said. My cystic acne cleared up but I did experience more small, hard white spots than I had ever experienced before which I found strange. And they ended up being the kind that need extraction by using a needle. They were very painful to extract and they numbered in the hundreds all over my face and neck. Seeing that I had never had them before, I know they were caused by this product. In addition, my skin became painfully dry. Cracked and chapped. The moisturizer I ended up having to use then makeup almost made me look like a circus clown - with caked on dead skin underneath makeup. it was gross. My lips began to bleed in the creases. I became as self conscious about these new developments as I was with my cysts. One problem gone and a new one came.

Problems with it:

Too much flaking, dry cracked skin

Doesn’t actually clear up all acne types apparently

Can burn the skin if left on too long

Enter momma bear again, thank god for moms. I was pretty much worn out, contemplated using the no soap, water technique even though it seems foolish to me. Seemed foolish to her to. Behind my back she called up and had a consultation on my behalf with a company called Ninja Skincare. She bought the products they recommended and gave them to me 1 month ago. So one month in, the good news is that everything is clear. I haven’t had a cyst in 3 weeks. My white nodules stopped appearing, although I still had to remove the existing ones. I started on the benzoyl 5% which is perfect for me, I am still dry and flaking but there is no more cracking and the flakes seem to flake off my skin pretty easily. I have been personally contacted by the owner of the company as well as a couple of representatives to check on the status of my skin. Like what on earth?! Have you guys ever heard of something like that? And plus, here is the real crazy thing. After the first week, I was on the benzoyl 10% and I was complaining of how dry I was. They offered to return the 10% and send me the 5% free of charge ‘cause they wanted my skin clear. Honestly, I have never had customer service like that.

I am sure that this panoxyl is great for a lot of folks but trust me there are a lot of products out there and the majority of the don’t work. I had just about given up hope but now I am a believer big time… some stuff does work! Keep looking friends!

Test content, please IGNORE.
Reviewed on February 23, 2017

Test content, please IGNORE. Test content, please IGNORE. Test content, please IGNORE. Test content, please IGNORE. Test content, please IGNORE. Test content, please IGNORE. Test content, please IGNORE. Test content, please IGNORE. Test content, please IGNORE.

So far, so good!
Reviewed on November 3, 2016

First night of wearing, woken up with cyst-like spots dramatically reduced in size, all the others look and feel a lot calmer, as well as no new breakouts. Like I say, so far - so good! Can't wait to continue seeing the results of this product.

MIRACLE PRODUCT!
Reviewed on October 23, 2016

I have clogged pores on my cheeks and I needed something fast to get rid of them. I heard about Panoxyl 10% Aguagel and wanted to try it out. Best acne cream ever! I saw results in 2 weeks! I wash my face in the am and apply a small amount on my problem areas and moisturise with E45 cream and sleep with it on and wash it off the next morning and repeat these steps. The first time I used this my skin was itchy, burning and very dry but this will only go on for a week or so. It was deffo effective and was very cheap!

Instant effect
Reviewed on September 25, 2016

Put this on overnight, in the morning size of spots dramatically reduced and redness was almost completely gone. Skin feels quite dry however, so would recommend using a moisturiser.

Panoxyl
Reviewed on August 8, 2016

Hi, i have been using this cream for about a month now and have had a noticed my skin improving- slowly but better than anything else i have tried. However, i am trying to find the best method of applying this cream. i have tried individual spot treatment and all over the face mixing the cream with warm water to create a paste. Both methods have worked okay, just wondered if anyone has got a solid method for application to see best results. Also, if anyone has any recommendations for moisturiser for dryness would be soooo helpful! I have been using simple, but not really helping with the dryness- makeup has became a nightmare to put on due to the flakiness!

Thankyou :) X

No Doubt
Reviewed on July 25, 2016

Alrighty, Here's the Scoop in a nutshell:

10% Benzoyl Peroxide is very drying, however effective. I will never say no to something that works. Just use a good moisturizer.

However, I always recommend a 5-2.5% BP (Preferably 2.5%) because it does great work, the same actually, and no dryness. Plus you can spread it all over your face after using a SA Cleanser and apply Moisturizer and your set to be acne free!

Neutrogena Oil Free Acne Wash

2.5% Neutrogena BP

Aveeno Non-Comodegenic Moisturizer

(or any good moisturizer)

I struggle with blackheads and larger pimples and it works well!

by WadeX on 07/25/2016 04:02
To all those who say it stops working: It doesn't but the dryness makes it too dry to get under the skin to treat the acne. Use a moisturizer!
by pu393 on 07/31/2016 05:09
hi there, i just wanna ask after applying this product should i wash or just let it be before applying my moisturizer?
by Rama36 on 01/06/2017 08:24
Hey, how long do you wait after applying the medication to put the moisturizer?
it works
Reviewed on February 4, 2016

ive been using this product for 3 months and i get very great result i have no acne now, no problems with redness or peeling...i apply it on my face and leave for 3-5mins before shower and follow by moisturizer but for overnight using i would recommended for lower concentration...

by pu393 on 07/31/2016 05:01
hi there, i just wanna ask after applying this product should i wash it or just let it be before applying my moisturizer?
by Mysteryk on 05/28/2017 16:13
Where did you purchase it ive been looking for years for that specific brand
Reviewed on February 2, 2016

This worked good for the first few weeks even though it did burn!! However, after that it stopped working.

too dry
Reviewed on January 26, 2016

i used this product and it didn't help to clear my acne at all and my face was very dry and feel off

by Mysteryk on 05/28/2017 16:13
Where did you find the gel am trying to order some