PanOxyl Benzoyl Peroxide (10%) Aquagel reviews

4.3/5 - 236 reviews

Brand: PanOxyl

Benzoyl peroxide (10%).

Aqueous base, which had bacteriostatic, keratolytic, sebostatic properties.

PanOxyl Benzoyl Peroxide (10%) Aquagel

Where to buy is not associated with this product. All proceeds from links go to charity.

Too drying!
Reviewed on September 5, 2015

This product was too harsh for my skin, after one application my skin would be fine but I had to take 1 or 2 nights to recover, hence the product didn't work for me. I am now taking 5% Benzol Peroxide because I think if I use it consistently it will work for me.

Great item
Reviewed on August 23, 2015

I would really recommend this to you. My friend told me about this and I tried a lot of things but this really worked. I've been taking a bacteria pill prescribed by my doctor and also used epiduo. It really changed my acne in 6-8 weeks

Does the job
Reviewed on August 7, 2015

I've been using BP in some form since about 1997 and found the regimen in 2000. I've tried all the different formulas at some point and have landed on this. I find Dan's too watery and it takes forever to dry. This has just the right consistency for my skin. I used the 2.5% until it was discontinued and now buy this by the 6 pack. I don't find it any more irritating than the lower strength.

If just starting out on the regimen I'd maybe advice a lower concentration but if you do decide to go with this I'd start off using it every other night and just play it by feel. 10% is strong stuff for skin that's not used to BP

I have no problems with redness or peeling after years on it so I can plaster it on with no I'll effects. I do have olive skin though so those with fair skin might not hanble it as well. I also only use it at night after I have a shave (just water no cream or cleanser) followed by some moisturiser. I still have the odd breakout but nothing I can't handle

I only now have acne around my mouth ( where i use this) but used to have it all over years back. Sadly I think it's here to stay around the mouth area.

It actually dies work
Reviewed on August 1, 2015

Hi. I recently got out panoxyl aquagel 10% about a week ago and since then I have had no spots at all! I've tried so many others but believe me this stuff actually works and very well at that. The first 5ish days my skin was a but drier but not that much. After a week my skin feels dry and it is a bit peely but nothing anyone would notice as they walked past. I use it once a day then use simple moisturiser.

It works great and haven't had any spots since. I had them small ones and the large puss filled ones under the skin but no more of them. Yay

Gone without notice
Reviewed on July 28, 2015

id been a user of PanOxyl since college and it really works so fast and so well. Im so much just disappointed that PanOxyl was removed or termed as PHASE OUT on drugstores here in the Philippines. It is very sad that i tried other products but does not ever treat acne at all.

Cleared my Acne
Reviewed on May 22, 2015

I can honestly say this product is what made the most difference in my acne. I'm 17 years old and have had mild acne since I was around 11. However, lately it began to get worse. Using pan oxyl once a day pretty much cleared all my active breakouts. It's been wonderful. I use it and then put honey on as a spot treatment. However, it can be drying so I make sure to apply lots of lotion.

this product is a miracle
Reviewed on May 10, 2015

I am 70yrs old have suffered with acne for 40yrs, l have had Roccutane, ok for 6months, 20yrs on tetrecyline, wish l had found Panoxyl before now, l have mild acne now, always got a few hard red lumps which are painful take ages to go! Have been using Panoxyl for one month unbieveable l put a small amount on the spot at night with a cotton bud, in the morning it has almost gone, like a miracle. Highly reccommend.

Absolute Life Changer
Reviewed on August 6, 2014

I am 17 and have suffered from extreme back-acne since I was 12. Being a girl, having cystic acne covering every inch of your back is not only painful but horribly embarrassing. I started using PanOxyl 10% body wash in April of this year, and I can honestly say it has changed my life. Within a week all of my acne cleared up and I didn't have a single pimple on my back or body. Occasionally I'll get a pimple here and there, but I can finally wear bathing suits without a shirt on and feel confident in my own skin. PanOxyl is hands down the best acne product I have ever tried.

Some advice:

I recommend buying a shower brush. Let your back soak in hot water, and then scrub all areas of your back with brush before applyng wash. This will open your pores allowing the wash to soak into your skin. I let the wash sit on my back for a good 5 minutes before rinsing. Because the skin on your back is tougher and thicker than the skin on your face, this product will most likely not dry out your skin on your back. However, for your face, I recommend PanOxyl 5%. Hope this helps!

Brilliant solution
Reviewed on March 18, 2014

Have tried most other products but I find panoxyl to be the only over the counter product which keeps my acne at bay. The cream is quickly absorbed by the skin and can be used in conjunction with many other products such as moisturiser to counteract the drying effect of BP. Recommend starting with 4% before making transition to 10 as it caused very bad skin peeling until I became used to it. Now I have no side effects and as long as I use it morning and night I get very few if any spots.

It works but it needs a lot of time
Reviewed on January 4, 2014

I have been using Benzoyl peroxide 10% for 4 months and it let my face clean (I only had some red marks) but after the summer my acne came back so now I'm using it in combination of topical isotretinoin.

It works but it need time, give it 3 months. It has never irritate my skin.