PanOxyl Benzoyl Peroxide (10%) Acne Foaming Wash reviews

3.8/5 - 30 reviews

Brand: PanOxyl

Benzoyl Peroxide (10%).

Cetearyl Alcohol, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Glycerin, Glycolic Acid, Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Imidurea, Lactic Acid, Methylparaben, Mineral Oil (Paraffinum Liquidum), PEG 14M, Potassium Lauryl Sulfate, Water (Purified), Sodium Hydroxide, Sodium Lauryl Sulfate, Sodium PCA, Titanium Dioxide, Zea Mays (Corn) Starch.

PanOxyl Benzoyl Peroxide (10%) Acne Foaming Wash

Something that actually WORKS!!!
Reviewed on January 4, 2016

I can't believe how much money I've spent in just the last year on expensive face washes and treatments and this magic wash has been right under my nose all along! Little back story. I'm 19 and have had moderate hormonal acne for 5 years now. If you didn't already know hormonal acne can't really be treated by topical products. It's what's going on in the inside. So a year ago I was on a birth control that is known for also treating hormonal acne. My experience with the pill was amazing and I stopped getting cystic acne on my cheeks, chin, and jaw line. 7 months latter i quit taking the pill. It's now been a year since i been off it and my face and shoulders are breaking out like they used to. So i made a appointment to get back on the pill. But in the mean time I wanted to get a strong face wash, because i literally had so much painful-under the skin breakouts on my cheeks and jaw line. I saw many great reviews of PanOxyl so i gave it a try. And wow this stuff worked for me in 5 DAYS!!! Yes I did get very dry skin but that is to be expected with that much Benzoyl Peroxide. Idk why people are surprised it dried out their skin. It even says that it most likely will on the box... Anyways I mean like scabby peeling over where the acne was....buuuut no acne was there! Just dry skin! Which i prefer a lot more than a nasty breakout. A couple days later I quit using it all over my face and only used it on certain areas. Also noticed my skin is now used to it and doesn't dry out anymore. I wanted to say i saw a pattern in many reviewers saying they used Cetaphil moisturizer after cleansing. I would recommend using this as well for the dryness and just because I feel it goes extremely well with PanOxyl, considering its gentle and fragrance free and non-comedogenic, meaning it does not clog pores or cause blemishes. PanOxyl is also amazing as a body wash as well! All in all this product is my liquid gold and I don't think I could live without it!

didn't work for me...
Reviewed on August 19, 2015

i used this in the past, this product dried my face out horribly and basically sucked the life out of my skin, my skin was flakey and irrataed. no matter how much moisturizer I slathered all over my face I still had many dry patches. it didn't clear my acne either, I got worse acne then I ever had using this and had very deep large zits and occasional cystic acne. I occasionly was clear but just reverted back to acne the next day.. use this product if you would like to put very harsh chemicals on your face and suck the life out of your skin, because from my experience, that's all this product does

Works / terrible side effects
Reviewed on May 28, 2015

This product did somewhat clear my skin although was not worth it. I woke up to red,flaking, dried out skin. It's been 3 days of this gross dried skin, i moisturize every morning and night,

Also exfoliate but no help. I guess I have to wait it out. Please try benzoyl peroxide at a lower percent first before 10%.

Works
Reviewed on April 9, 2015

This is the only stuff that works for me. I have used it for two years then stop for two years and tried a ton of other cleansers that only made things worse. Then I got back on BP and its literally the only thing that has helped. My acne is not 100% clear but it definitely works. You need to use a daily Moisturizer from day one. And a really good mosterizer for your more dry prone areas. It dries up your skin fast. I get really dry around my mouth and eyes. I use origins drink up intensive, in those area as soon as I notice drying.

Drying but works great!
Reviewed on January 2, 2015

This is the only face wash that has worked for me in getting rid of my acne. I get an occasional breakout, but they are mild and usually caused by something else. This will dry you out immensely, but if you have a great moisturizer you will never know. I use hemp seed oil with this, and it is great! If you can't use a moisturizer, you won't like this product. Excessive drying is one of the worst feelings. I have used many different washes, clay, etc., and this is the only one that has worked for me! I urge you to try it! I also make sure to use a moisturizer with a decent SPF after applying the oil; benzoyl peroxide can make your skin sensitive and it is best to protect your skin from the ultraviolet radiation. I use CeraVe AM SPF 30 in addition to the oil. I have been using PanOxyl for more than six months.

*Edited to fix a typo and also added more information.

Great for body acne
Reviewed on September 7, 2014

Takes longer to work than gel, but this stuff is really effective for body acne, especially considering a gel makes it hard to wear clothing without ruining it. This hasn't bleached my clothes!

I am very disappointed!
Reviewed on May 13, 2014

I thought this thing will workout but it just did not!

It dried my face a little, although i have a sensitive skin, my skin was not irritated, but my acne did not go away at all!

i have cystic deep acne, it may work for other acne types.

Wonderful!
Reviewed on December 29, 2013

I have nothing but praise for this product. I had been going to the dermatologist for years to get rid of my acne and nothing worked, not even prescription medicine. Finally I tried this and it cleared my face and back completely in about a month. The first week I experienced some initial dryness, but using cerave moisturizer really helped. I use this product in the shower and it works wonders. So happy with my skin now

I use it on the back of my neck will difinitely try it on my face sometime ;)
Reviewed on October 4, 2013

A couple of months ago I started to get lots of cysts on the back of my neck. Nothing worked!!!! Not even prescriptions! So I went to Walgreens and purchased this cleanser with a printable coupon (check out their website) The acne is gone!!! The dark marks are gone! Not even the Clinique dark spot corrector got rid of them!!! I'm so glad I decided to try this cleanser, today I started using the BP 4% on my face and will let u know!

Reviewed on January 29, 2013

I found that using a basic facial cleanser wasn't enough for me. My dermatologist recommended I try PanOxyl in the 10% because of my oily skin. It has worked wonders in combination with my skin care regimen. The BP prevents future breakouts and leaves my skin feeling squeaky clean. I use about a pea size dot in the shower twice a day and leave it on for about 5 mins before rinsing it off. I also apply it to my chest, back, and shoulders to prevent any body acne from forming. It works for me.