PanOxyl AQ Benzoyl Peroxide (5%) reviews

4.4/5 - 44 reviews

Benzoyl Peroxide (5%) (Acne Medication).

Cetearyl Alcohol, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Glycerin, Glycolic Acid, Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Imidurea, Lactic Acid, Methylparaben, Mineral Oil (Paraffinum Liquidum), PEG 14M, Potassium Lauryl Sulfate, Water (Purified), Sodium Hydroxide, Sodium Lauryl Sulfate, Sodium PCA, Titanium Dioxide, Zea Mays (Corn) Starch (Corn).

Mark product as reinstated

One of my favourites
Reviewed on November 11, 2014

This was my go-to BP until they stopped carrying it where I live. Loved this stuff while I used it though!

Really saw an improvement
Reviewed on February 12, 2014

I have tried a lot of over the counter products and this one is my favorite.

Most of the time when I try new products it will start working and then my old problems would come back, this one consistently works. I do not use it daily anymore, now it is a once a week clean

Reviewed on March 31, 2012

If you have those white ugly looking pimples. Don't worry, start using panoxyl and you will see results in the week.

It will not cause you to breakout.

some redness will be left behind but that's normal until your ugly pustules go away.

Gently massage this product on your face for 2 minutes.

Use only one time and specially before you go to the bed.

Reviewed on May 25, 2011

The best OTC item on the market...

Reviewed on January 30, 2011

i used this product for a week straight every morning and night. I didnt think my skin would get so dry! i woke up one morning with dry skin all around my mouth..i couldnt smile or laugh! i looked like an old women..i would put creams on but it would only burn..iv tried everything but nothing seems to work. I thought panoxyl would work but all it did was dry out my face to the extreeme. im now trying a home remedy..aloe vera gel straight from the plant..im praying that it will work!! i only use panoxly when i feel as if my face is greasy..it then doesnt dry out my face just feels refreshed!

Reviewed on September 14, 2010

I love that this is a prescription this way it cost me nothing. It works thats another reason I love this product. I dries fast and good to put on before bed. If your just starting to use it its best to slowly apply it and not use it everyday until you feel your skin is used to it. Because it could end up drying out your face and you'll end up peeling. I had this happen when I first started using this product years ago but now I have no problems with drying at all. I can use it daily with no irritation! So give your skin time to get use to this product.

Reviewed on November 24, 2009

I know that everyone's skins is different... but for me this has been a wonderful find! I saw it at Walgreen's one day and decided to give it a try. I have tried MANY different prescriptions, ProActive (twice), Murad and various over the counter face washes, scrubs, gels, masks, etc.

I use the 10% wash (not the bar)

Reviewed on November 22, 2009

Used it for a week in conjunction with the BP cream. After a week, used it in the shower for the last time and came out with odd marks all over my nose. Looks like my skin peeled in certain places and not in others--like I stripped certain parts of a tan. Never went away, a year later. Hard to notice unless in certain lighting. Also resulted in broken blood vessels.

Reviewed on November 18, 2009

if you're looking for an inexpensive way to treat moderate acne, i recommend this product. i used the 10% bar along with the 10% topical gel am and pm for 2 years. although it completly cleared my skin, it was harsh and really dried it out. the only moisturizer that worked was eucerine creme which i applied over the topical gel am and pm. that made my skin oily so i did have to use oil sheets and reapply my powder a few times throughout the day. overall i was very happy with the results from this product :)

Reviewed on November 16, 2009

Great product. I've been trying everything and recently stopped using sulfur soap after it failed to clear up my skin. Like many of the other reviews said, I saw results in two days. It was really incredible because usually I have to wait weeks of following an elaborate regimen to finally get clear skin. For those that also have blackheads, they have not been totally cleared. But I was mainly concerned about having red acne all over my face, especially on my cheeks. I still have some minor scarring but my breakouts are gone! My skin looks and feels healthy. I'm still amazed that this has been at the drugstore all the years I've been spending money on wasteful creams and lotions. I urge people of all skin types to go out and give it a shot!