PanOxyl AQ Benzoyl Peroxide (10%) reviews

3.9/5 - 88 reviews

Benzoyl Peroxide (10%) (Acne Medication).

Cetearyl Alcohol, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Glycerin, Glycolic Acid, Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Imidurea, Lactic Acid, Methylparaben, Mineral Oil (Paraffinum Liquidum), PEG 14M, Potassium Lauryl Sulfate, Water (Purified), Sodium Hydroxide, Sodium Lauryl Sulfate, Sodium PCA, Titanium Dioxide, Zea Mays (Corn) Starch (Corn).

Mark product as reinstated

Reviewed on August 9, 2012

It cleared me up, the only thing i have left is hyperpigmentation. I use this as a spot treatment and i strongly recommend it! MAKE SURE NOT TO PUT IT ALL OVER YOUR FACE because it will irritate the hell out of it! Use a gentle cleanser before and then apply this product, you wont regret it!

Reviewed on December 22, 2011

It really works! After 8 years of acne I haven't found a product that works like this. It took about 2 months to notice a difference. At the moment I just finished off my first tube and I have no active pimples. Considering I began this treatment with 13 on average, it is a good sign.

It is drying but you have to push through. My face was (and is) extremely dry. I use Cetaphil gentle cleanser and apply Panoxyl only at night.

Highly recommended.

Reviewed on November 21, 2011

i have been using this for my chest and back,

its GREAT! for getting rid of bumps and pimples but it does dry out your skin.

it left a flakey ugly dry patch on my chest from the pimples drying up. but once that healed i had no pimples there which was great =) i still do get a few pimples here and there but its better then most products ive tryed! i suggest using tiny amounts of it when you first start off.

it is kind of expenisve cost me about $36

but i guess its worth it .

Reviewed on July 15, 2011

This product works! You have to go by the instructions EXACTLY if you truly want to see results. Use the soap with warm water GENTLY but also rinse with the cold water before applying any cream! This helps to close the pores after you have cleaned your skin! Use only a thin layer of the cream, it goes far if you don't apply too much and you will not see that white film or get the feeling of tight skin. This product is amazing.

Reviewed on July 8, 2011

I've been using this for about 5 monthsalong with using salacidic soap in the shower. It cleared most of my acne but left my face very red. I've also got large open pores around my nose and lots of blackheads. I'm experiencing scarring as well.

I'm not sure which treatment caused these symptopms (the salacidic soap, the adapaline and BP or something else). I go to a NHS derm in England and she's really adament about this treatment but I just want to get on accutane to clear this stuff completely.

Reviewed on June 23, 2011

I have the Acne Wash and the Acne Gel and both work effectively but they do sting! Even after i have taken it off it still stung for a couple of minutes.

The gel shows up almost a white transparent colour on the skin too so i recommend applying it around night time not in the morning.

I have not experienced any peeling, extreme irritation or a lot of redness so far but i have only been using it for a few days.

Reviewed on May 26, 2011

I have had 2 very embarrasing moments with this cream (I did not have the gel).

1) I went for a picnic, got home to see that my whole face was peeling awfully, I mean so badly. I looked terrifying, I couldn't believe I had sat there with people seeing me looking like I was a snake peeling its skin.

2) It rained, and I was wearing this cream. It goes back to white when it gets wet, so I had been wandering about with white smears all over my face.

I have moved to using quinoderm, at the end of the day benzoyl peroxide works but its about finding the right product for your skin.

Reviewed on May 25, 2011

clears up acne well but you pay the price with a very dry , red and irritated looking face.

it is a cream so it is hard to use small amounts as it dries so fast. seems to work well for first few days, then the irritation occurs so do not be tempted to use too much if it look to be working!!!

Reviewed on April 26, 2011

i used this as it was prescribed to me by my doctor back in 2008 (but still feel like reviewing it) and the first 2 days used it, it was fine, but after the 3rd day my skin just turned soooo red and irritated, in school, everyone thought i had a roungh session on a sunbed LOL thats how bad it was

well, sfter the redness went, thats when the flaking started, and i mean ALOT of flaking, eventually after a month my skin was back to its normal spotty self lol. but yeah i mean i would rather have a few spots than look like a flaking tomato