PanOxyl Acne Foaming Wash (10%) Benzoyl Peroxide

Average price: $10.11

Brand: PanOxyl

Most helpful review

By LGS on 06/12/2012

I am on DKR. I tried gentle cleansers but they always gave me clogged pores and small pimples. I'd go back to bp washes and they'd disappear only to return when I used a non-medicated cleanser. Enter this wash that also has aha's. They got rid of my bumps and any flakiness I had. I actually use the 4% and not the 10% since I use bp every night. I use this in the am and acne free oil free bp foam wash in the pm before using 2.5% bp all over. I'm very clear now from all of this..

Pros:
  • Gets rid of flakes from the regimen
  • Got rid of tiny pimples/clogged pores from other cleansers that broke me out
  • Helps skin texture
  • Contains bp and AHA's
Cons:
  • Drying at first.
  • Must use spf because of the AHA's in it.

11 out of 14 people found this review helpful

Benzoyl Peroxide (10%) (Acne Medication).

Cetearyl Alcohol, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Glycerin, Glycolic Acid, Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Imidurea, Lactic Acid, Methylparaben, Mineral Oil (Paraffinum Liquidum), PEG 14M, Potassium Lauryl Sulfate, Water (Purified), Sodium Hydroxide, Sodium Lauryl Sulfate, Sodium PCA, Titanium Dioxide, Zea Mays (Corn) Starch (Corn).

Member reviews

“Wonderful!”
By on

I have nothing but praise for this product. I had been going to the dermatologist for years to get rid of my acne and nothing worked, not even prescription medicine. Finally I tried this and it cleared my face and back completely in about a month. The first week I experienced some initial dryness, but using cerave moisturizer really helped. I use this product in the shower and it works wonders. So happy with my skin now

Pros

• Gets rid of acne
  • Cheap
  • Helps with dark spots

Cons

• Drying in beginning
  • for a few months
  • $ 10
  • I recommend using this product/treatment.

“I use it on the back of my neck will difinitely try it on my face sometime ;)”
By on

A couple of months ago I started to get lots of cysts on the back of my neck. Nothing worked!!!! Not even prescriptions! So I went to Walgreens and purchased this cleanser with a printable coupon (check out their website) The acne is gone!!! The dark marks are gone! Not even the Clinique dark spot corrector got rid of them!!! I'm so glad I decided to try this cleanser, today I started using the BP 4% on my face and will let u know!

Pros

• It works!
  • Cheap!
  • No irritation or dryness whatsoever!

Cons

[not submitted]
  • for about a month
  • $ 10
  • I recommend using this product/treatment.

By on

I found that using a basic facial cleanser wasn't enough for me. My dermatologist recommended I try PanOxyl in the 10% because of my oily skin. It has worked wonders in combination with my skin care regimen. The BP prevents future breakouts and leaves my skin feeling squeaky clean. I use about a pea size dot in the shower twice a day and leave it on for about 5 mins before rinsing it off. I also apply it to my chest, back, and shoulders to prevent any body acne from forming. It works for me.

Pros

• Quickly treats existing pimples.
  • Kills bacteria on contact.
  • Foaming (you can shave with it.)
  • No fragrance.
  • Creamy consistency makes it easy to apply in the shower.
  • Dries pimples over night.
  • Strongest concentration of over the counter BP (10%).

Cons

• Slight tingling feeling when first applied.
  • Causes redness (first few weeks).
  • Dryness.
  • light
  • for about a year
  • $ 11

By on

Pros

• Gets rid of flakes from the regimen
  • Got rid of tiny pimples/clogged pores from other cleansers that broke me out
  • Helps skin texture
  • Contains bp and AHA's

Cons

• Drying at first.
  • Must use spf because of the AHA's in it.
  • light
  • for a few weeks
  • $ 10
  • I recommend using this product/treatment.

By on

I've never had a face wash that was this effective. I love this stuff. Make sure you moisterize, and only use a small amount for your entire face. I'm so very satisfied with the results I got from using this product and you will be too! Buy itttt (:

Pros

• Gets rid of pimples fast
  • Really works!
  • Cheap
  • Don't need a prescription to get it

Cons

• Dried out my skin(make sure to use moisterizer!)
  • moderate
  • for about a week
  • $ 11
  • I recommend using this product/treatment.

By on

It works!!!! and it works fast!!! I never used it on my face, but chest, back and shoulders.

I use it in the shower right after I washed with soap or shower gel. Just apply small amount with your hands wait for 1 minute and rinse off.

I used to have bad acne on my back and shoulders, once it began to spread to my neck, I decided I need help....tried so many products including Proactive and other expensive brands, nothing helped but $9 product from local CVS...

Pros

• It really really works
  • Clears skin even if used just once a day

Cons

• Might be harsh on sensitive skin...
  • You better don't use it on the face...
  • light
  • for about a year
  • $ 9
  • I recommend using this product/treatment.

By on

Great product, I have had acne for over 11 years and used several products. I used this in conjunction with biore facial scrub and it works wonders. I had severe acne through high school and it fluctuates from moderate to severe. Now I'd say it's moderate to mild. I do have acne scarring,pock marks and red marks. My skin is softer (albeit a little dry, but I moisturize a lot) less break outs 2-3 active pimples rather than 7-8 which is the norm for me. I am happy with the results. I normally don't rate products because a lot of the products I've used stop working after 2 weeks. So I stop using and move on. This one has been consistent for 3 months. :)

Pros

• Deep cleaning, tightens skin (in a good way), unclogs pores.

Cons

• Expensive(I live in NJ), drying
  • moderate
  • for a few months
  • $ 14
  • I recommend using this product/treatment.

By on

You should consider in purchasing this product if you need a good benzoyl peroxide wash. It doesn't cause you to flake like other benzoyl peroxide washes and it seems to work well on those with common whiteheads. This product might cause redness and dryness... every benzoyl peroxide product tends to have this effect.

Pros

• Does a great job getting rid of oil and dirt off of face
  • Smell is okay
  • Dries out pimples
  • Prevents new pimples from forming
  • Does not irritate skin

Cons

• Might cause initial breakout, not a crazy one though
  • Might dry the skin out alittle
  • Might cause a little redness but then again, what benzoyl peroxide product doesn't?
  • moderate
  • for about a month
  • $ 10

By on

I've only been using it about a week, but I was washing my face twice a day. I think I will change to only nightly.

Pros

• dries out pimples

Cons

• very very very drying
  • when applying anything else to face it burns
  • moderate
  • for about a week
  • $ 10
  • I recommend using this product/treatment.

By on

This is a miracle worker. I had the worst acne ever and now my face is so clear! yes, in the beginning your face will get red and start to peel, which is why I recommend that when you first start it, use it once every other day and then gradually go up. But then the peeling goes away and you are left with beautiful bright skin! I definitely recommend it for everyone!

Pros

• MY FACE IS COMPLETELY CLEAR NOW!
  • has helped lighten my scars!

Cons

• redness
  • drying/peeling
  • moderately severe
  • for about a month
  • $ 10
  • I recommend using this product/treatment.